PDA

View Full Version : Best way I can describe this team and season

basedog
04-09-2022, 08:43 AM
We look like Tarzen but play like Jane!

parabrave
04-09-2022, 09:26 AM
The moment LS felt the twang in the elbow our season went to sh*(. If he was healthy we would have 2 reliable starters with a halfway decent bp. Now we have 2 of our guys PJ and PS who we needed in the BP now starters. This would kill any team. And another big thing missing this year is the LACK of timely hitting. Does anyone have any confidence at all in our lineup to get a hit with men in scoring position? With TA, Rowdy, Brent, Magnum heck even back to big hit Mac you had at least hope of a base clearing big hit. Not this year.

tcdog70
04-09-2022, 11:23 AM
The moment LS felt the twang in the elbow our season went to sh*(. If he was healthy we would have 2 reliable starters with a halfway decent bp. Now we have 2 of our guys PJ and PS who we needed in the BP now starters. This would kill any team. And another big thing missing this year is the LACK of timely hitting. Does anyone have any confidence at all in our lineup to get a hit with men in scoring position? With TA, Rowdy, Brent, Magnum heck even back to big hit Mac you had at least hope of a base clearing big hit. Not this year.

Exactly—we have no more clutch players. We have no player that will step and win the game. With the guys you named —they lived for the opportunity to be the MAN. Who is it now—maybe someone will figure it out.

AlSwearengen
04-09-2022, 11:42 AM
The perfect example of what I have been saying about having physically talented players but not having “players” was on the sac fly by lsu to Cumbest. He ended up flubbing the throw which made it all moot, but he camped under it instead of putting himself in position to make a strong throw home. It was a shallow fly so there was a play to be made at the plate.

There is a game within the game and we are pretty bad at it.

OLJWales
04-09-2022, 01:30 PM
A hot steaming fresh pile of Hippo Shit.

BayouDawg
04-09-2022, 08:58 PM
The perfect example of what I have been saying about having physically talented players but not having “players” was on the sac fly by lsu to Cumbest. He ended up flubbing the throw which made it all moot, but he camped under it instead of putting himself in position to make a strong throw home. It was a shallow fly so there was a play to be made at the plate.

There is a game within the game and we are pretty bad at it.

Also Corder. Trying to throw out the runner at 3rd after a fly out and allowing a guy at first advance to second. It didnt cost us but this team continues to struggle with the little things.

CaptainObvious
04-09-2022, 11:30 PM
Heck. 2 fly outs with less than 2 outs and runners at 3rd and we win today?s game. Instead we get back to back strike outs on two of those opps and a strike out/ground out on the other. We were 1-15 with RISP and 0 for with 2 outs.

State82
04-09-2022, 11:44 PM
Also Corder. Trying to throw out the runner at 3rd after a fly out and allowing a guy at first advance to second. It didnt cost us but this team continues to struggle with the little things.
Excellent point. I said the same thing at the game today when he did it. Looked at my buddy watching from center field and said, "What is he doing??"