PDA

View Full Version : Only at State- A gigantic firework show after we lose the baseball game

Goldendawg
04-08-2022, 11:40 PM
Just got back from the game. This ranks right up with "Don't Stop Believing" when we're getting stomped at the third quarter.

Skydawg1
04-08-2022, 11:50 PM
I could hardly hear Limpmonis' post game excuses*, Jim struggled too.

* he didn't really have many excuses, sounded like he didn't give a shit.

Todd4State
04-09-2022, 12:46 AM
Not having the fireworks show is a worse look IMO. Because I guarantee you there are some fans that came with their kids in part because of that.

I know the game was disappointing but come on. Yeah. Let's take that away from fans who are not just there to see a baseball game because our dumbass pitchers can't keep the ball in the yard.

BayouDawg
04-09-2022, 01:18 AM
I could hardly hear Limpmonis' post game excuses*, Jim struggled too.

* he didn't really have many excuses, sounded like he didn't give a shit.

I just get the feeling that hes not himself lately. He looks off. I know Karen also known as homedawg will correct me on my wrong think. But something feels off.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-09-2022, 06:43 AM
I just get the feeling that hes not himself lately. He looks off. I know Karen also known as homedawg will correct me on my wrong think. But something feels off.

Even if he is, I wouldn't read too much into it... it may just be him realizing this team is what it is, or that he's screwed next year too cause his players aren't panning out like he expected.

We need to recruit better LHP, we need batters that have a high OBP (to set the table for the sluggers we have done a good job of getting), and we need DEVELOPMENT of returning players, which we have not seen last year to now. Maybe CS hangover, maybe lazy coaching, maybe bad players. I don't know. But returners have to improve year to year

msstate7
04-09-2022, 07:08 AM
Nah, common. You have the firework show scheduled regardless. It sure makes it less enjoyable though...

PGHBulldogBG
04-09-2022, 07:15 AM
Did I read correctly that we were up 2-1 top of the 9th with 2 outs and no runners on base and lost at home? That almost sounds like being up 6 or 7 in hoops with less than a minute left and losing. Maybe it?s to even out the 2 Bama games we homered at the end and won. At least in baseball we get 3 games to win the overall series.

AlSwearengen
04-09-2022, 07:27 AM
Did I read correctly that we were up 2-1 top of the 9th with 2 outs and no runners on base and lost at home? That almost sounds like being up 6 or 7 in hoops with less than a minute left and losing. Maybe it?s to even out the 2 Bama games we homered at the end and won. At least in baseball we get 3 games to win the overall series.

Well, the two outs were hit on the nose, just right at people. Fristoe can’t be trusted. At this point, if I’m coaching, he is eating useless innings when we are up or down big.

R2Dawg
04-09-2022, 07:36 AM

You want one more of how bad?

We had a 1-2 count - one pitch away from game over. People were standing. When they showed the crowd, I saw people picking up their stuff, blankets, etc. about to turn to the exits and then it happened.

BayouDawg
04-09-2022, 10:18 AM
Even if he is, I wouldn't read too much into it... it may just be him realizing this team is what it is, or that he's screwed next year too cause his players aren't panning out like he expected.

We need to recruit better LHP, we need batters that have a high OBP (to set the table for the sluggers we have done a good job of getting), and we need DEVELOPMENT of returning players, which we have not seen last year to now. Maybe CS hangover, maybe lazy coaching, maybe bad players. I don't know. But returners have to improve year to year

This is true. If I had to be around this team every day I would look sick too. Only half joking.

Saltydog
04-09-2022, 10:49 AM
The whole firework show needs to stop.......

sleepy dawg
04-09-2022, 11:25 AM
Well, the two outs were hit on the nose, just right at people. Fristoe can?t be trusted. At this point, if I?m coaching, he is eating useless innings when we are up or down big.

Yeah, but there isn't anybody who can be trusted. Fristoe had looked the best most recently, but he did what everybody else has been doing. Landon Sims and Jonathan Holder aren't walking out of that bullpen. We got who we got.

msstate7
04-09-2022, 11:46 AM
The whole firework show needs to stop.......

Why? Lots of people really enjoy it. My wife loves it, but I'm indifferent

EdwardDrayton
04-09-2022, 12:04 PM
You might as well get something of value for the ticket price because baseball sure wasn’t it.

Saltydog
04-09-2022, 12:06 PM
It's almost like we're trying just a little too hard and comes off a bit sophomoric to me. Our grandkids love it but they would go to the game even w/o the fireworks. Now, get rid of the kids zone and they're probably out. I guess to each his own but it's just a bit over the top, especially when you get your teeth kicked in or get bitched slapped like we did last night.