PDA

View Full Version : Consensus for the LSU series

FISHDAWG
04-08-2022, 10:42 AM
What's your gut feeling ... do we win the series or take one game ? I'm not even gonna ask about the sweep - but I'm sorta thinking a series win might not be out of the question

Coach34
04-08-2022, 10:54 AM
Nothing that happens would surprise me other than a 1-0 game. They could sweep. We could sweep. 2-1/1-2.

I expect an offensive series with 2 bad bullpens. Whomever gets the best starting pitching will win the series.

GolfDawg
04-08-2022, 11:25 AM
We've just GOT to have a dramatic reduction in walks. It's so fortunate that we were able to win one with around 30 walks last weekend. If we can walk 4 or less per game, which might be asking for too much, I think we have a solid chance to win two games.

I'd really like to see us put pressure on their pitching early and often on Friday and Saturday to get to their pen.

ETA: has anyone seen our rotation for the weekend? Any changes?

maroonmania
04-08-2022, 11:44 AM
I will be pretty surprised if we win the series but hopefully we get enough pitching to do just that. I don't see how anyone can be too confident when, even though we are 4-5 in the SEC, 3 of those wins include a 12 inning victory, a 10 inning victory where we had to tie up the game with 2 runs in the bottom of the 9th, and a game where we came back in the bottom of the 9th from a 3 run deficit to win. I mean we are not far from being 1-8 or 2-7 in the conference. The Sunday GA game is the only clear cut win we've had in the SEC. Our pitching is suspect and we don't seem to hit anyone's starters very well. Would LOVE to see us come out this weekend and make a statement to win or even sweep the series against a good but not elite LSU club but I'm not sure we are capable of that right now.

sleepy dawg
04-08-2022, 11:44 AM
I think it's a definite toss up and I'd put the over/under at 1.5 wins. Like 34 said, I don't think any result would surprise me. I think we have and advantage on Sunday and they have a slight advantage the other 2 days.

sleepy dawg
04-08-2022, 12:06 PM
I think it's a definite toss up and I'd put the over/under at 1.5 wins. Like 34 said, I don't think any result would surprise me. I think we have and advantage on Sunday and they have a slight advantage the other 2 days.

I think the 2 biggest factors are how many walks will we give up, and can we make plenty of good contact. They will get hits. They will score. We can't give them freebies. They are also bad in fielding this year. We have to make contact and make them make plays, otherwise we're not taking advantage of their biggest weakness.

Todd4State
04-08-2022, 12:41 PM
I think we win 2/3 if you put a gun to my head although nothing would surprise me.

OLJWales
04-08-2022, 02:11 PM
My Gut is calling for Nausea while dealing simultaneously with The Squirts and 20 paged ED Threads translating Teeth Gnashing to English.

Saltydog
04-08-2022, 02:40 PM
They're better than us in just about every offensive statistic. They're better than us in just about every pitching statistic. The only edge we have may be playing at home but the last several years it hasn't mattered where we've played them. They've pretty well owned us

Captain Falcon
04-08-2022, 03:04 PM
Too many bad memories from the last 20 years of LSU coming to the Dude and taking us behind the woodshed, even in years where we had the better team. I will view it as a pleasant surprise if we win the series. Expecting to get 1 of 3 in all likelihood.

sleepy dawg
04-08-2022, 03:34 PM
They're better than us in just about every offensive statistic. They're better than us in just about every pitching statistic. The only edge we have may be playing at home but the last several years it hasn't mattered where we've played them. They've pretty well owned us

We have more homers than they do, more walks than they do and more stolen bases.

The biggest difference in any single stat of us vs them is errors though. We have 16 errors on the season to their 45. They are one of the worst fielding teams in the nation and we've been one of the best. We have to make them make plays this weekend.

They have been better than us, but there are paths to victory this weekend. We just need to capitalize.

HoopsDawg
04-08-2022, 04:48 PM
We have an advantage on Sunday with Cade vs TBA. Have to find a way to win 1 of the first 2 and we win the series. Lemonis has to make better bullpen decisions and has to pull Stinnett earlier if he is off. PJ needs to go 6 tonight.

basedog
04-08-2022, 05:01 PM
We have an advantage on Sunday with Cade vs TBA. Have to find a way to win 1 of the first 2 and we win the series. Lemonis has to make better bullpen decisions and has to pull Stinnett earlier if he is off. PJ needs to go 6 tonight.

It's almost a win series. My Lus buddy says they have been awful on defense. Seems the pressure gets to them at times. Not sure they have much depth in the pen either. I really like their coach.

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2022, 05:50 PM
We take 2. I feel good about this series and turning some things around.

Homedawg
04-08-2022, 05:54 PM

Defense doesn't count I guess. Cause they suck defensively. And their starting pitching isn't or hasn't been good.