PDA

View Full Version : Anastasia Hayes

jdelta02
04-06-2022, 06:00 PM
Anastasia Hayes announces that she's returning for next season.

Quaoarsking
04-06-2022, 06:58 PM
That's a huge boost to our chances of making the NCAA Tournament next year, assuming our coach isn't a bust.

Remember that despite all the grandstanding, we weren't that far off from making it in either of the last two years. It shouldn't be an extreme rebuild.

EdwardDrayton
04-06-2022, 07:15 PM
That is GREAT news. Am a big fan of her and her family. Seem like good folks all around. Expectations just got a lot bigger for this new coach.

maroonmania
04-06-2022, 07:56 PM
Just curious, would she have to sit out if she did transfer given she has already transferred or would she be a graduate transfer?

NCMSTFAN
04-06-2022, 11:03 PM
She was our best player last year... her and Winston from Michigan State will make a great duo together

99jc
04-07-2022, 06:13 AM
I am anxious to see what Yosemite Sam does with the women's team.

Tbonewannabe
04-07-2022, 08:53 AM
That's a huge boost to our chances of making the NCAA Tournament next year, assuming our coach isn't a bust.

Remember that despite all the grandstanding, we weren't that far off from making it in either of the last two years. It shouldn't be an extreme rebuild.

How many players are left? Is Coach Purcell going to have to hit the transfer portal hard or do we have enough players to make a run at a NCAA tourney bid on campus now?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-07-2022, 09:02 AM
She was our best player last year... her and Winston from Michigan State will make a great duo together

Winston won’t be starting unless they go 3 guard lineup. Jordan & Hayes are definitely starting.

Hambone
04-07-2022, 12:00 PM
How many players are left? Is Coach Purcell going to have to hit the transfer portal hard or do we have enough players to make a run at a NCAA tourney bid on campus now?

Jessika Carter coming back gives us a huge piece of the puzzle this upcoming year.

662dawg
04-07-2022, 12:09 PM
Winston won’t be starting unless they go 3 guard lineup. Jordan & Hayes are definitely starting.

I didn?t see Winston on the HailState website roster. Guess I could have overlooked it.

Starting 5?

Hayes
Jordan
Winston
D. Carter/Portal transfer forward
Carter

Bench:
Kohl
Hayes
Moore
A. Jones
portal transfers/impact freshman?

NCMSTFAN
04-07-2022, 12:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYXIZMO8ED0 I know all highlight tapes make players look amazing, but look at her explosiveness and quickness. She and Annie Hayes will be a very fast duo playing together

You may be right, she may not start but they will play together some, we also lose Myah Taylor so one of them will have to run the point and Annie Hayes is a natural scorer so she will probably play more at the 2. From what I'm hearing, it looks like everyone is staying. The only question was if Jessika Carter planned to stay but she is working out with the team right now so it is a good possibility she does, Coach Purcell will also grab a couple players from the portal (probably a couple Bigs). From who we have on campus right now this is my lineup:

Alyza Winton
Anastasia Hayes
Jerkaila Jordan
Danae Carter
Jessika Carter

We will also have a good bench with Mia Moore, the other 2 Hayes Sisters, Debreasha Powe (4 star freshman big), Charlotte Kohl who came on strong late and whoever Purcell gets from the portal. He is known as a recruiter so I expect a couple big transfers in from the portal

NCMSTFAN
04-07-2022, 12:42 PM
I didn?t see Winston on the HailState website roster. Guess I could have overlooked it.

Starting 5?

Hayes
Jordan
Winston
D. Carter/Portal transfer forward
Carter

Bench:
Kohl
Hayes
Moore
A. Jones
portal transfers/impact freshman?

Alyza Winston and Debreasha Powe are both newcomers, Winston is a Michigan St transfer already on campus, Powe will be coming in....she committed and remained committed no matter who the coach was according to her

Ifyouonlyknew
04-07-2022, 12:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYXIZMO8ED0 I know all highlight tapes make players look amazing, but look at her explosiveness and quickness. She and Annie Hayes will be a very fast duo playing together

You may be right, she may not start but they will play together some, we also lose Myah Taylor so one of them will have to run the point and Annie Hayes is a natural scorer so she will probably play more at the 2. From what I'm hearing, it looks like everyone is staying. The only question was if Jessika Carter planned to stay but she is working out with the team right now so it is a good possibility she does, Coach Purcell will also grab a couple players from the portal (probably a couple Bigs). From who we have on campus right now this is my lineup:

Alyza Winton
Anastasia Hayes
Jerkaila Jordan
Danae Carter
Jessika Carter

We will also have a good bench with Mia Moore, the other 2 Hayes Sisters, Debreasha Powe (4 star freshman big), Charlotte Kohl who came on strong late and whoever Purcell gets from the portal. He is known as a recruiter so I expect a couple big transfers in from the portal

Annie will play the point

Jack Lambert
04-07-2022, 01:53 PM
What is the men's team looking like.

captaindog
04-07-2022, 02:34 PM

Correct. If Coach Purcell maintains the same system as Louisville then the lead guard will be a scorer. Anastasia Hayes fits that role.

NCMSTFAN
04-07-2022, 03:29 PM

They will both play point. We don't know Purcell's system so neither of us can state who will primarily run it, but I know basketball and you typically want your best scorer coming off the ball alot and not always initiating the offense... sure she will play that position but so will Alyza, and don't forget Mia Moore is available this year along with the 3rd Hayes sister.. we haven't seen either of them play and they may be more true PG's than Anastasia.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-07-2022, 04:14 PM
They will both play point

Ok Annie will start at the point

NCMSTFAN
04-07-2022, 04:20 PM
Ok Annie will start at the point

I edited my original post, please read it then explain to me how you are so sure Annie will strictly run point without knowing anything about Purcell's system? Heck she didn't run it alot this year, that was Myah's job

Ifyouonlyknew
04-07-2022, 04:53 PM
I edited my original post, please read it then explain to me how you are so sure Annie will strictly run point without knowing anything about Purcell's system? Heck she didn't run it alot this year, that was Myah's job

Talking to people who would know I feel pretty confident in saying Annie will be the point next year.

NCMSTFAN
04-07-2022, 05:18 PM
Talking to people who would know I feel pretty confident in saying Annie will be the point next year.

Lol ok man... completely missed the point.. does it even really matter? She will be starting next year regardless of position

NCMSTFAN
04-07-2022, 05:19 PM
What is the men's team looking like.
Who knows, not alot has been mentioned about the men's program since we got Jans. Molinar is testing the waters, we lost a recruit and JD Davis is in the portal. Nothing else has really been reported

jdelta02
04-07-2022, 05:59 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if the women's basketball program added a couple of frontcourt players, another guard only if they can get one of the very best available or if guards transferred out . Also, my opinion...Alyza Winston is a really good guard. She was a starter, and one of the top scorers on a Michigan State team...better than Miss. State. Also, she has experience playing point guard on that team as well. Appears more of a combo type guard that's very capable of sliding over to either the 1 or 2 spot. Appears either she or Annie Hayes at the point unless they come up with a better option. Also, the other 2 Hayes sisters .