PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Pimentel batting .442 with 9 homers..

HoopsDawg
04-06-2022, 05:39 PM
at Texas-Rio Valley. 8th in D1.

mparkerfd20
04-06-2022, 05:55 PM
As would Lane Forsythe facing their competition

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 06:15 PM
Hatcher and now this really has me questioning our hitting coaches.

HoopsDawg
04-06-2022, 06:43 PM

We played a really soft non-conference schedule.

OLJWales
04-06-2022, 06:49 PM
Watching us bat Mid Week like the '27 Yanks tells me all I need to know 'Bout Dis.

EdwardDrayton
04-06-2022, 07:21 PM

With all apologies to Mr Forsythe, I wouldn’t lay any vcash on that.

Tater
04-06-2022, 07:34 PM

And no one pays you for your opinion. In fact, for anyone on the team to have a chance at hearing your dumbass questioning, YOU have to pay $15+.

I'll trust the guy who helped coach our hitters to 3 straight final 8 appearances including the school's only national championship and give him leeway when we lost 3 of our 4 best contact hitters from last year's lineup.

I mean it is utterly disgraceful when some of you (not just you bayou) come on here and type up a full blown idiotic post and think you're right.

Bring bullying back. People need to be told they're being stupid more often.

Homedawg
04-06-2022, 07:37 PM

Are you serious?? Oh my. SMH.

Schultzy
04-06-2022, 07:56 PM
With all apologies to Mr Forsythe, I wouldn’t lay any vcash on that.

We don’t win that Natty last year without Forsythe, and probably don’t even get out of the regional.

Just saying; and I don’t even know the guy or any of his relatives.

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 07:59 PM
Are you serious?? Oh my. SMH.

Yes I say things on a message board. How shocking. Only finished higher than 7th in the sec in hitting with our current hitting coach. How dare someone question that.

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 08:01 PM
And no one pays you for your opinion. In fact, for anyone on the team to have a chance at hearing your dumbass questioning, YOU have to pay $15+.

I'll trust the guy who helped coach our hitters to 3 straight final 8 appearances including the school's only national championship and give him leeway when we lost 3 of our 4 best contact hitters from last year's lineup.

I mean it is utterly disgraceful when some of you (not just you bayou) come on here and type up a full blown idiotic post and think you're right.

Yes people shouldnt have different views on anything. Its ok to disagree like a civil human being. It aint that serious.

Coach34
04-06-2022, 08:10 PM
Only finished higher than 7th in the sec in hitting with our current hitting coach. How dare someone question that.

I'm not a big GoTrow fan- however I will say that we hit the ball well the 2nd half of the season last year

Also- while team average is not good- we are still good in important categories:

2nd in the SEC in HR's (well on our way to a school record)
5th in the SEC in runs scored
4th in the SEC in Walks

Got to look at more than average when examining hitting

Pitching is this team's problem- we are a full run worse than last year with a team ERA over 5 right now. Thats what needs to be fixed

Tater
04-06-2022, 08:16 PM
Yes people shouldnt have different views on anything. Its ok to disagree like a civil human being. It aint that serious.

There's having difference of opinion.

Then there's being plain wrong.

Two completely different things. First one, yea that's normal. Second one, no.

Several of you, you included need a reality check. 2+2=4. You don't have a protected opinion to say that 2+2=5. That's what you're effectively arguing for. You're wrong. You should feel dumb. You should think deeper next time. You should strive to be not dumb.

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 08:16 PM
I'm not a big GoTrow fan- however I will say that we hit the ball well the 2nd half of the season last year

Also- while team average is not good- we are still good in important categories:

4th in the SEC in Walks

Pitching is this team's problem- we are a full run worse than last year with a team ERA over 5 right now. Thats what needs to be fixed

I agree our hitting is starting to pick up.

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 08:19 PM

Several of you, you included need a reality check. 2+2=4. You don't have a protected opinion to say that 2+2=5. That's what you're effectively arguing for. You're wrong. You should feel dumb. You should think deeper next time. You should strive to be not dumb.

I see. You have to demean someone instead of a rational conversation. Thats a sign of low self esteem. I hope you get some help with that. I wish you well.

Tater
04-06-2022, 08:25 PM

4th in the SEC in Walks

Bringing up average as the first arguing point should tell you someone's baseball intelligence level.

News flash. The MLB caught on 20 years ago. OBP >>>>>> Average. And guess what else. When you run deep in the post season, you get to play a ton more games against tougher competition in the toughest park to get hits. Shocker.

OBP by year
2022 .381 - T-11th
2021 .375 - 5th
2019 .397 - 2nd
2018 .354 - 14th

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 08:28 PM
Bringing up average as the first arguing point should tell you someone's baseball intelligence level.

News flash. The MLB caught on 20 years ago. OBP >>>>>> Average. And guess what else. When you run deep in the post season, you get to play a ton more games against tougher competition in the toughest park to get hits. Shocker.

OBP by year
2022 .381 - T-11th
2021 .375 - 5th
2019 .397 - 2nd
2018 .354 - 14th

I never said I wanted the guy fired. I just said it made me question our hitting coaches. As in why it didnt click for these guys when they were with us. Silly me and my thought crimes.

Tater
04-06-2022, 08:29 PM
I see. You have to demean someone instead of a rational conversation. Thats a sign of low self esteem. I hope you get some help with that. I wish you well.

Nope. You're the one who needs demeaning because you think being objectively wrong is your right. It's not. 2+2 does not equal 5. You do not have a right to that opinion. It is wrong. Period. This isn't demeaning you either. That's another problem we have. Telling someone they are wrong =/= demeaning them. Demeaning you would be hurling insults at your character, body, etc. I'm simply stating you are wrong. You should feel dumb for being wrong. You should take this lesson and learn to think deeper the next time. You should strive to not be dumb. Nothing demeaning there. Simple, factual statements.

Homedawg
04-06-2022, 08:31 PM
Yes I say things on a message board. How shocking. Only finished higher than 7th in the sec in hitting with our current hitting coach. How dare someone question that.

No it's the fact that you think where he's playing now is anywhere remotely close to the sec. the company level of where he is, isn't good. Nor is Hatcher's. Although I think Hatcher is a decent hitter. He went mental. But he wouldn't hit twice for the cycle facing ulm. Which is who we played wed and hit 6 hr against. Competition matters. You can question whatever you like. But use better info than pimentel hitting 442 and 9hr at a glorified JC!!

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 08:32 PM
Nope. You're the one who needs demeaning because you think being objectively wrong is your right. It's not. 2+2 does not equal 5. You do not have a right to that opinion. It is wrong. Period. This isn't demeaning you either. That's another problem we have. Telling someone they are wrong =/= demeaning them. Demeaning you would be hurling insults at your character, body, etc. I'm simply stating you are wrong. You should feel dumb for being wrong. You should take this lesson and learn to think deeper the next time. You should strive to not be dumb. Nothing demeaning there. Simple, factual statements.

Lol ok guy. Youre just entertaining at this point. Continue to educate me in your ways. This is good.

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 08:34 PM
No it's the fact that you think where he's playing now is anywhere remotely close to the sec. the company level of where he is, isn't good. Nor is Hatcher's. Although I think Hatcher is a decent hitter. He went mental. But he wouldn't hit twice for the cycle facing ulm. Which is who we played wed and hit 6 hr against. Competition matters. You can question whatever you like. But use better info than pimentel hitting 442 and 9hr at a glorified JC!!

To be fair they both struggled against midweek swac level competition so its not that cut and dry. And I will continue to question whatever I want even without you and your side kick tatertots permission.

smootness
04-06-2022, 08:38 PM
I never said I wanted the guy fired. I just said it made me question our hitting coaches. As in why it didnt click for these guys when they were with us. Silly me and my thought crimes.

Hmmm...I'm trying to figure out what may have made it suddenly 'click' for Pimentel. I'm looking at their series so far against George Washington, Texas Southern, Youngstown State, Abilene Christian, Tarleton, Lamar, and Sam Houston State, and I can't quite put my finger on it...

Also, if you have 9 HR and not 30, then that .442 is due for a drop no matter what your level of competition is.

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 08:41 PM
Hmmm...I'm trying to figure out what may have made it suddenly 'click' for Pimentel. I'm looking at their series so far against George Washington, Texas Southern, Youngstown State, Abilene Christian, Tarleton, Lamar, and Sam Houston State, and I can't quite put my finger on it...

Also, if you have 9 HR and not 30, then that .442 is due for a drop no matter what your level of competition is.

That is a good point and my counterpoint is he couldnt hit swac level pitching while here. Also one of Hatchers cycles came against Georgia tech. They werent both against glorified junior colleges.

smootness
04-06-2022, 08:43 PM
We know Pimentel is good. He was on the roster of the national champs last year. Same with Hatcher.

Also, Pimentel was 4-14 last year (4-12 if you remove the Auburn game) with a HR and 6 RBI. It's not like he struggled, he just didn't get much playing time because he's not as good as the guys who played in front of him. If you don't think Hancock and James and really anybody else in our lineup wouldn't be torching that competition you're insane.

And his BABIP is .456 this year. That won't stay that high.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-06-2022, 08:46 PM
There are only so many positions on a field. That’s why Mac Jones only started one year at QB for Bama. Pimentel can hit. We just had better hitters ahead of him. Hatcher can also hit. He just slumped last year. It happens.

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 08:46 PM
We know Pimentel is good. He was on the roster of the national champs last year. Same with Hatcher.

Also, Pimentel was 4-14 last year (4-12 if you remove the Auburn game) with a HR and 6 RBI. It's not like he struggled, he just didn't get much playing time because he's not as good as the guys who played in front of him. If you don't think Hancock and James and really anybody else in our lineup wouldn't be torching that competition you're insane.

And his BABIP is .456 this year. That won't stay that high.

Those are fair points. I was merely thinking out loud.

smootness
04-06-2022, 08:47 PM
Hatcher OPS'd .879 in 2019 and .847 in 2020. Hit .321 and .312 those years. He just really struggled last year, it happens. He's figured it out, no doubt helped by dropping in competition. Also, his BABIP is .448. That is also helped by his competition and is also due to drop.

BayouDawg
04-06-2022, 08:47 PM
There are only so many positions on a field. That’s why Mac Jones only started one year at QB for Bama. Pimentel can hit. We just had better hitters ahead of him. Hatcher can also hit. He just slumped last year. It happens.

This is true

smootness
04-06-2022, 08:48 PM
I love that these guys are killing it elsewhere. Hopefully they enjoyed their time at State and winning it all, and now they get to go out playing and crushing it. Win-win.

Schultzy
04-06-2022, 09:10 PM
Watch your pie hole talkin bout JC ball mofo but if he?d hit for the cycle in that league then they might have something to argue with you about.

Homedawg
04-06-2022, 09:36 PM
Watch your pie hole talkin bout JC ball mofo but if he?d hit for the cycle in that league then they might have something to argue with you about.

Hahahaha. Sorry to offend Lenny.

DawgPoundtheRock
04-06-2022, 09:48 PM
I’ve missed Will James.

MrCoachKlein
04-06-2022, 10:21 PM

Taters being served hot n spicy tonight boys.

Todd4State
04-07-2022, 12:32 AM
Pimentel was blocked by Tanner Allen and Cumbest and Kellum Clark. He's not a good defender and isn't as good a hitter as those three. He's also not as good as Luke Hancock who took over first base.

Hatcher had a pull happy approach and it killed him. He switched to using the whole field and the results have been much better. I can't say that he's better than Hancock, Kellum, Cumbest, or Hines.

It is what it is. They were beat out while they were- and they doesn't make them bad players or the coaches bad coaches. Similar situation with Landon Jordan.

If you want to play baseball for Mississippi State there is going to be a TON of competition to get on the team and also to stay on the team. It's a great problem to have.

As far as hitting- we have had a pull happy approach and it has supressed our batting average. However, we are among the best in the SEC in runs and home runs. So to say it's not working isn't really accurate.

One thing I thought was interesting in Lemonis's press conference last night was he said we were trying to go gap to gap and use the whole field more. If we do that our batting average should improve while not really hurting our home run totals that much. That's actually my personal preference as far as general hitting approach. Gap to gap. Most of the most successful hitters in baseball use that approach too. Makes you much more difficult to pitch to and defend IMO. Makes you less strike out prone.

FISHDAWG
04-07-2022, 07:47 AM

I have this guys (insert another noun) post blocked because he's irritating as hell ... I wished you wouldn't quote him - just reply to him so I don't have to read his bullshit

Tbonewannabe
04-07-2022, 08:00 AM
Pimentel was blocked by Tanner Allen and Cumbest and Kellum Clark. He's not a good defender and isn't as good a hitter as those three. He's also not as good as Luke Hancock who took over first base.

Hatcher had a pull happy approach and it killed him. He switched to using the whole field and the results have been much better. I can't say that he's better than Hancock, Kellum, Cumbest, or Hines.

It is what it is. They were beat out while they were- and they doesn't make them bad players or the coaches bad coaches. Similar situation with Landon Jordan.

If you want to play baseball for Mississippi State there is going to be a TON of competition to get on the team and also to stay on the team. It's a great problem to have.

As far as hitting- we have had a pull happy approach and it has supressed our batting average. However, we are among the best in the SEC in runs and home runs. So to say it's not working isn't really accurate.

One thing I thought was interesting in Lemonis's press conference last night was he said we were trying to go gap to gap and use the whole field more. If we do that our batting average should improve while not really hurting our home run totals that much. That's actually my personal preference as far as general hitting approach. Gap to gap. Most of the most successful hitters in baseball use that approach too. Makes you much more difficult to pitch to and defend IMO. Makes you less strike out prone.

That is what made Tanner Allen great last year. He would just hit it in a gap and take what the pitching was giving him. He also would take extra bases if they were lazy getting the ball in which I absolutely love (we have been guilty of this some this year with the outfield defense which pisses me off).

Lord McBuckethead
04-07-2022, 08:16 AM

4th in the SEC in Walks

If we can keep from throwing gigantic beach balls up 1-2 in the count, i think we would be better.

OLJWales
04-07-2022, 08:40 AM

I too disagree with Bayou on this but you didn't hafta be so shitty about it.

BayouDawg
04-07-2022, 09:20 AM
I too disagree with Bayou on this but you didn't hafta be so shitty about it.

I am probably wrong. And it wouldnt be the first time. It aint that serious anyway. Tater tot needs to get laid or something.

BayouDawg
04-07-2022, 09:21 AM
If we can keep from throwing gigantic beach balls up 1-2 in the count, i think we would be better.

For real lol

BayouDawg
04-07-2022, 09:21 AM
I have this guys (insert another noun) post blocked because he's irritating as hell ... I wished you wouldn't quote him - just reply to him so I don't have to read his bullshit

Noted

OLJWales
04-07-2022, 09:30 AM
I am probably wrong. And it wouldnt be the first time. It aint that serious anyway. Tater tot needs to get laid or something.

I'm wrong a lot here too but get checked by more knowledgeable people and that's how I learn stuff. Being a Dick Check however is , well, being a Dick. Fish is right. Gonna Block Tater Tot.

The Federalist Engineer
04-07-2022, 09:35 AM

The "ignore" function is an awesome tool. Instead of responding to a series of bad posts, you can just "ignore", it's like the dude completely disappears.

ScoobaDawg
04-07-2022, 09:43 AM

Seems your complaint is taken care of then... thanks for blocking him. And now bragging about it.

ScoobaDawg
04-07-2022, 09:44 AM

I would agree with this...

I can't believe how much some people are getting up in arms about him calling someone's post idiotic...

Geez.. if that's what offends someone now..

SilentSteel16
04-07-2022, 09:47 AM
Seems your complaint is taken care of then... thanks for blocking him. And now bragging about it.

He is not bragging about it, he is bringing a valid point to everyone?s attention. I too have tot boy blocked and the only way I see his posts, which I don?t want to see his posts, is if someone quotes him like I just did with your quote Scooba.

He was not bragging nor am I, he was simply raising awareness on quotes. I agree completely with his doing so. I was unaware of the ignore function will have to look into it for future use.

The Federalist Engineer
04-07-2022, 10:06 AM

The only transfers that still hurts is Damon Gardner in 1991. Big Recruit, quality player that went back home to Oklahoma. Then helped OU beat us in a home regional in 1992.

As you say, there is lots of competition at MSU. If a Pimentel or Hatcher were not good baseball players, they would not have been recruited and played at MSU or SEC in the 1st place. If you go some place else, make adjustments, continue to work, get more playing time, and don't face 1st Round talent each Friday and Saturday, then numbers will reflect that.

Luke Reynolds became the Chipper Jones of Conference USA, in 2018. For MSU, he was a platoon player, for USM he was marquee. I would have loved to have him versus Bobby Dalbec, we needed a good Lefty bat for that game. Or he could have platooned with Reid Humphries that whole season. That could have been just enough to beat Arizona and win the title in 2016.

Tater
04-07-2022, 10:19 AM

I can't believe how much some people are getting up in arms about him calling someone's post idiotic...

It's my God given right to say derogatory, problematic, uneducated statements and anyone who calls me out for it is the bad guy!**

It's doubly funny when you realize I'm not the only one to call dude on his stupidity. I'm just the one who left no room for rebuttal because there is no right to being blatantly wrong. Not being sugary sweet does not equate to being a dick. But I shouldn't be shocked at several members of the generation that decided everyone need participation trophies being too soft to understand nuance.

Also it's hilarious that fish brags about blocking me when I told him first I'm blocking him. What a loser.

Tater
04-07-2022, 10:30 AM

You being wrong was never up for debate.

The point here is you shouldn't even be posting stuff so blatantly wrong. Have any second thoughts and you realize your first is dog shit.

The greater problem is the perpetuation piss poor posts popping up periodically. To quote someone I saw on twitter the other day, "It's a human rights violation that I have to see an uneducated fourteen year old's unfiltered and blatantly wrong thought." Remove fourteen year old and I agree with it wholeheartedly. Stupidity has no age restriction.

Also lmao at trying to lob a sex insult. Grow up.

Captain Falcon
04-07-2022, 10:31 AM
We have been exactly what I expected us to be at the plate. Boom or bust, don?t hit for great average but hit for a lot of power. You can just look at how our lineup is built physically and tell that was probably going to be the case.

We are in the Top 10 nationally in home runs and Top 20 in runs scored. Pitching has been the bigger issue this year.

MaroonFlounder
04-07-2022, 10:53 AM
What's Landon Jordan doing?

Here's a hint. Probably damn good. Any player that leaves the SEC and goes to G5 school is likely gonna do big things (on that level) against lesser pitching.

It doesn't mean if they were still at MSU they would be doing the same thing...or even close.

SilentSteel16
04-07-2022, 10:55 AM

Here's a hint. Probably damn good. Any player that leaves the SEC and goes to G5 school is likely gonna do big things (on that level) against lesser pitching.

It doesn't mean if they were still at MSU they would be doing the same thing...or even close.

Amen……

BayouDawg
04-07-2022, 11:31 AM
The "ignore" function is an awesome tool. Instead of responding to a series of bad posts, you can just "ignore", it's like the dude completely disappears.

This is fantastic. I did not know the ignore function was a thing. I have now also ignored tater tot. Thanks.

MaroonFlounder
04-07-2022, 11:49 AM
double post

BayouDawg
04-07-2022, 12:29 PM

Some of my family in poplarville know Landon fairly well. They think he should have stayed but he just got very frustrated for being benched for a guy that couldnt field the position at the time. He shouldnt have quit but I would have been frustrated too. The said fielder was also not hitting well at the time.

BrunswickDawg
04-07-2022, 01:13 PM

Some of my family in poplarville know Landon fairly well. They think he should have stayed but he just got very frustrated for being benched for a guy that couldnt field the position at the time. He shouldnt have quit but I would have been frustrated too. The said fielder was also not hitting well at the time.

Batting .250 and hasn't started regularly in a month plus he has 3 errors in 15 chances - at South Alabama. I think Lem made the right moves.

Tater
04-07-2022, 01:20 PM
This is fantastic. I did not know the ignore function was a thing. I have now also ignored tater tot. Thanks.

This continues the theme of "say something stupid and disparages someone -> someone else corrects me -> ignore / block them because they don't agree with me."

Enjoy the decline. Ignoring the truth just makes you dumber and further's the divide. Been a growing theme on this board and the internet in general.

BayouDawg
04-07-2022, 01:23 PM
Batting .250 and hasn't started regularly in a month plus he has 3 errors in 15 chances - at South Alabama. I think Lem made the right moves.

As do I. Just relaying what I have heard. And also that he is emotionally immature so no one was shocked he quit when getting upset about something. Maybe he has grown up some and this will have brought about some maturity for him.

The Federalist Engineer
04-07-2022, 05:41 PM
Self Deleted- Unnecessary Meaness

Johnson85
04-08-2022, 08:56 AM

I get being frustrated, I just don't get leaving in the middle of the season. He would have kept getting ABs and probably would have started a few more times because we definitely had offensive problems after he left. Obviously worked out mostly ok for the team, but I hate it for him. I also wonder whether taking the season off has hurt him at South Alabama. Not sure a semester off at that age and level makes that big of a difference, but surely he'd be a little better if he'd spent the last semester practicing.

BayouDawg
04-08-2022, 01:26 PM
I get being frustrated, I just don't get leaving in the middle of the season. He would have kept getting ABs and probably would have started a few more times because we definitely had offensive problems after he left. Obviously worked out mostly ok for the team, but I hate it for him. I also wonder whether taking the season off has hurt him at South Alabama. Not sure a semester off at that age and level makes that big of a difference, but surely he'd be a little better if he'd spent the last semester practicing.

Yes he should have at least finished out the season

OLJWales
04-08-2022, 02:26 PM

4th in the SEC in Walks

Are these SEC Only Stats?

OLJWales
04-08-2022, 03:37 PM

Because he did more than calling the post idiotic. Bayou made a subtle off the cuff thinking out loud quick post that most all disagreed with and tot came back with extreme vitriol with personal attacks of: "your dumbass question" "bring back bullying as people need to be told how stupid they are" then Bayou sez basically to chill cuz it aint that serious so be civil.
Then tot responds with "you're wrong and should feel dumb and strive not to be so dumb" "you NEED Demeaning & should feel dumb for being so wrong" "I called him out for his stupidity because nobody has the right to be wrong" & called fish a loser for blocking him.

It's not coincidence so many get disgusted with tot.
I find it amazing you banned me for a year calling Greta Thornburg the B Word yet tot gets an atta boy from you on these psychotic hate filled personal attacks on ED's Members.

FISHDAWG
04-08-2022, 04:32 PM
Wished I could rep this

SilentSteel16
04-08-2022, 05:16 PM
Because he did more than calling the post idiotic. Bayou made a subtle off the cuff thinking out loud quick post that most all disagreed with and tot came back with extreme vitriol with personal attacks of: "your dumbass question" "bring back bullying as people need to be told how stupid they are" then Bayou sez basically to chill cuz it aint that serious so be civil.
Then tot responds with "you're wrong and should feel dumb and strive not to be so dumb" "you NEED Demeaning & should feel dumb for being so wrong" "I called him out for his stupidity because nobody has the right to be wrong" & called fish a loser for blocking him.

I find it amazing you banned me for a year calling Greta Thornburg the B Word yet tot gets an atta boy from you on these psychotic hate filled personal attacks on ED's Members.

I can’t rep it either but…. ATTABOY … well said and I learned a while back that this forum is moderated by partisan opinionated folks. Certain attitudes are allowed when they shouldn’t be and others are silenced and out right shut down. There are certainly some god mentalities on here. And yes little g was meant. You would think that certain users having about 20-50 people having them ignored would have a flag next to their name or something. Tot was completely out of line but then again he usually is. Yet here we are.

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2022, 05:40 PM

Selective amnesia. That's not why you were banned lol.

He doesn't get an atta boy. He's been warned before when going over the line in the past and I believe he's been given a ban before (I don't track them..)

And you blocked Him...So what's it really matter to ya?

ScoobaDawg
04-08-2022, 05:46 PM
I can’t rep it either but…. ATTABOY … well said and I learned a while back that this forum is moderated by partisan opinionated folks. Certain attitudes are allowed when they shouldn’t be and others are silenced and out right shut down. There are certainly some god mentalities on here. And yes little g was meant. You would think that certain users having about 20-50 people having them ignored would have a flag next to their name or something. Tot was completely out of line but then again he usually is. Yet here we are.

You have accused me of having opinions many times in the past and yet again... it's not true.
Hell I have let this site be way more open over the past 6 months or so then ever... In fact.. you are calling for me to moderate it more because a few people got offended. But yet he didn't personally attack anyone besides calling them an idiot or dumbass.. What is this 4th grade?

Anyone who blocks anyone.. that's their own decisions. But I believe that's a big problem with whats wrong with people now-a-days...
Instead of trying to talk things out.. you don't like the opinion, you block em and keep a closed mind.

"20-50" You have no idea how many people have anyone blocked... So that statement is just silly.

OLJWales
04-08-2022, 06:23 PM
Man Goes to the Moon.

Man Also Goes to Starbucks.
Mostly False.

SilentSteel16
04-08-2022, 08:36 PM
You have accused me of having opinions many times in the past and yet again... it's not true.
Hell I have let this site be way more open over the past 6 months or so then ever... In fact.. you are calling for me to moderate it more because a few people got offended. But yet he didn't personally attack anyone besides calling them an idiot or dumbass.. What is this 4th grade?

Anyone who blocks anyone.. that's their own decisions. But I believe that's a big problem with whats wrong with people now-a-days...
Instead of trying to talk things out.. you don't like the opinion, you block em and keep a closed mind.

"20-50" You have no idea how many people have anyone blocked... So that statement is just silly.

Scooba you have attacked people and their points as well in the past. You have even gotten personal on a couple. I think it is you that has selective amnesia if you think that you have been fair to everyone.

And yes I know of at least 6 who have confirmed ignoring, silencing or whatever on a couple. I would bet that 20-30 is not a stretch.

People such as ToT you can not talk to or reason with. Call me 4th grade all you want but you can’t fix stupid when they don’t realize how wrong they are. Tot is not the only one I am talking about just the most recent. He is blatant about calling people names.

Also, there are people here calling players all kinds of nicknames to include genitalia and by you not doing anything about it proves what many are saying here. Silence is compliance.

And yes I do hold you more accountable being that you are a moderator.

OLJWales
04-09-2022, 09:59 AM
Scooba you have attacked people and their points as well in the past. You have even gotten personal on a couple. I think it is you that has selective amnesia if you think that you have been fair to everyone.

And yes I know of at least 6 who have confirmed ignoring, silencing or whatever on a couple. I would bet that 20-30 is not a stretch.

People such as ToT you can not talk to or reason with. Call me 4th grade all you want but you can’t fix stupid when they don’t realize how wrong they are. Tot is not the only one I am talking about just the most recent. He is blatant about calling people names.

Also, there are people here calling players all kinds of nicknames to include genitalia and by you not doing anything about it proves what many are saying here. Silence is compliance.

And yes I do hold you more accountable being that you are a moderator.

Well Said because we ALL have opinions but there are different ways to express them. ED could use some checks and balances pertaining to individual personal attacks to maintain some semblance of common sense decency. Most all of us have said things on the internet to people we wouldn't do face to face especially when hiding behind a user name. This has been my favorite site since its inception and have no reason not to pop by regularly in the future to chat with my fellow Dogs and stay informed 'bout STATE cuz that's way more important than being subjected to the occasional Assholedry here. I prefer it when people conduct themselves more like we are tailgating together on campus even though a lot of us fail at that sometimes myself included but I do make the effort albeit not 100%.

Tried to Rep Steel but blocked by Chi-Coms.

Tater
04-09-2022, 02:02 PM
lmao.

Scooba is a a mainly fair mod. If not somewhat lenient towards allowing Mississippi idiocy run too amok.

Sounds like some people are so used to privileged treatment... that equality feels like persecution.

This is hilarious honestly.

What's funnier is the silent majority who probably knows better than me to get involved with you idiotic lot giving the positive rep for fighting the good fight against your stupidity. Just cause you have a vocal minority pity party going on doesn't make you have strength in numbers. There's only 7 people who have openly declared they've muted me. Not 20-50 lmfao. Inflated ego much

Dallas_Dawg
04-10-2022, 04:18 AM

I like this guy

OLJWales
04-10-2022, 05:53 AM
I like this guy

Of COURSE J.R. Would. Not surprised.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
04-10-2022, 07:37 AM
Sounds like some people are so used to privileged treatment... that equality feels like persecution.

I know right. How can everyone not think that having a more diverse NBA would be better for the league and nation overall?

Tater
04-10-2022, 11:22 AM
I know right. How can everyone not think that having a more diverse NBA would be better for the league and nation overall?

You keep saying this... it's not the gotcha you think it is and it's off topic. I'm not rehashing this out in the open. DMs are available if you wanna keep spouting stupidity, but not hijacking a thread for this argument.

Tater
04-10-2022, 11:24 AM
I like this guy

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/eAO5D2NQ7SQ/hqdefault.jpg

SilentSteel16
04-10-2022, 12:19 PM
I have the discovered the beauty of the ignore function

Guys like ToT and a handful of others, you see post and can’t read it. You can only relate the said post, that you neither want to see nor care to see, to a used baby diaper. You see the box the words are in, and you can smell it from a distance and know it is full of shit and nothing more than shit and a bunch of gas…. Just needs to be disposed off before it stinks the whole place up.