PDA

View Full Version : We took care of business tonight

Todd4State
04-05-2022, 11:32 PM
We're getting better. Bottom line.

All of the pitchers looked good tonight. We didn't walk the house. Didn't have to use Auger or Fristoe. The guys that have been slumping got right for the most part tonight and we tied a school record for home runs in a game. Most importantly we got a win. Kind of wish we didn't have the run rule in place to get some freshman pitchers like Walker and Cheatham some work.

A lot of us have been critical of the coaches this year including me. But I can tell that our players have been making some adjustments and that goes back to coaching. I don't want to pat them on the back until June but if this team keeps improving like they are we'll make another run in the postseason.

Hopefully we'll add Tepper to the bullpen along with Auger and Fristoe. That's two good outings for him in a row. The biggest thing was seeing KC Hunt pitch well. If we can stretch him out we can essentially use him like we did Preston last year or we can possibly start him and move Preston back to the bullpen. It's a work in progress though. We can tread water in the meantime and I'm sure Hunt will still be available out of the bullpen which helps. Good to see Brandon Smith pitch well too.

Don't worry about RPI right now. All we need to do is win games. If we do that we should make a big jump the next two weeks. Heck winning one against Arkansas caused us to jump 30 points. If we keep winning we'll get in the regionals and that is the most important thing to do. At 18-12 and 4-5 in the SEC- we're in decent shape.

I'm expecting our guys to come out confident this weekend against LSU. Always a big series and no exception this year.

OLJWales
04-06-2022, 12:25 AM
I Shall Recuse Myself from these Proceedings due to a Conflict of Interest as I have no desire to rain on yalls Sunshine Parade with my Doom & Gloom Bitchin'.

parabrave
04-06-2022, 12:56 AM
When they do this on a Friday night then we can hoop and holler all we want.

Cooterpoot
04-06-2022, 05:11 AM
Tepper has good stuff. He and Hunt can make us better if they can handle a role. I see starter stuff from Tepper in the future but pen this year. Hunt looks like the Hooty role. Can possibly start or relieve if he's 100%.
We played a really bad team tonight and sometimes you need those.

confucius say
04-06-2022, 10:37 AM
The last two games we haven't walked the park and have defended it. Makes all the difference in the world.

We had 26 free passes between walks (19), hbp (4), and errors (3) the first two ark games! 26! That's 1.63 an inning (only pitched 16 innings).

We reduced that to 7 in 12 innings Sunday, or .58 an inning. And 1 in 7 innings yesterday, or .14 an inning.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-06-2022, 10:51 AM
The last two games we haven't walked the park and have defended it. Makes all the difference in the world.

We had 26 free passes between walks (19), hbp (4), and errors (3) the first two ark games! 26! That's 1.63 an inning (only pitched 16 innings).

We reduced that to 7 in 12 innings Sunday, or .58 an inning. And 1 in 7 innings yesterday, or .14 an inning.

Agreed. I would rather see an opponent knock the ball all over the park if they are going to beat us. I hate giving them walk, walk, walk, wild pitch, hit batter, walk, single, walk, hit batter, walk, walk, walk, wild pitch, walk, walk...................

HoopsDawg
04-06-2022, 12:05 PM
Maybe put Brandon Smith in the weekend rotation to get PJ back in the bullpen. Smith will get hit but he throws strikes.