PDA

View Full Version : Question on SECN+

starkvegasdawg
04-05-2022, 04:19 PM
I just got fiber last week so the cord has been cut. I have a roku with YouTubeTV. What do I need to do to be able to watch our games on the SECN+?

SilentSteel16
04-05-2022, 04:31 PM
ESPN+

It carries sec+ With the subscription

GolfDawg
04-05-2022, 04:47 PM
I?m pretty sure espn+ does not include sec network+ games. Could be wrong. You?re definitely set with your YouTube tv account though. Download the ESPN app on your Roku if you don?t already have it. Open it up, choose your tv provider (YouTube tv) and log in with your YouTube tv account. That should have you all set.

TheLostDawg
04-05-2022, 05:18 PM
Disney or Hulu plus package includes ESPN+ fyi,

Cooterpoot
04-05-2022, 06:22 PM
I?m pretty sure espn+ does not include sec network+ games. Could be wrong. You?re definitely set with your YouTube tv account though. Download the ESPN app on your Roku if you don?t already have it. Open it up, choose your tv provider (YouTube tv) and log in with your YouTube tv account. That should have you all set.

It does for me. Watching now.

starkvegasdawg
04-05-2022, 06:23 PM
Was able to get it from the roku app.

SilentSteel16
04-05-2022, 08:37 PM
I watch sec+ through my ESPN app which is ESPN+

Homedawg
04-05-2022, 08:57 PM
I watch sec+ through my ESPN app which is ESPN+

You don't have to have espn+ to watch sec+.

MrCoachKlein
04-05-2022, 09:54 PM
I've been trying to figure this out too. I have YouTube TV and it won't let me watch some unless I sign into my friends ESPN+ (I refuse to purchase it since I did last year and they said I didn't. Waste of $130 or whatever it is). Sometimes I can watch games only signed into ESPN+ sometimes only on YouTube TV. All through ESPN app. There seems to be no ryme or reason and I can't find an explanation anywhere on google, ESPN, reddit, YouTube or twitter.

Cooterpoot
04-06-2022, 05:00 AM
You don't have to have espn+ to watch sec+.

I have to have ESPN+ for SEC+ games. I don't for SEC alternate games. When I canceled my bundle last year when the price went up, couldn't get a SEC+ game that wasn't on the network alternate. But I watch more than just baseball on it. That $9 or whatever it is was a better investment than paying Jean. I can watch kids that play for me all over the country. Best investment in TV I've made. As soon as I get fiber in 2030 or so , I'll cut everything.

starkvegasdawg
04-06-2022, 06:15 AM
I've been trying to figure this out too. I have YouTube TV and it won't let me watch some unless I sign into my friends ESPN+ (I refuse to purchase it since I did last year and they said I didn't. Waste of $130 or whatever it is). Sometimes I can watch games only signed into ESPN+ sometimes only on YouTube TV. All through ESPN app. There seems to be no ryme or reason and I can't find an explanation anywhere on google, ESPN, reddit, YouTube or twitter.

I did notice last night that some of the games it was wanting an espn+ account and some it didn't. Luckily for me the msu game didn't last night.

RiverCityDawg
04-06-2022, 11:51 AM
I did notice last night that some of the games it was wanting an espn+ account and some it didn't. Luckily for me the msu game didn't last night.

YouTubeTV gives you access to SECN+. You only have to download the ESPN app and log in with your YouTubeTV credentials.

ESPN+ is completely different and requires a separate subscription. You can't get SECN+ with ESPN+. People that say that are probably logged in with their YouTubeTV, Hulu, cable or dish account and don't realize the ESPN+ is not what's giving them access to SECN+.

GolfDawg
04-06-2022, 11:54 AM
YouTubeTV gives you access to SECN+. You only have to download the ESPN app and log in with your YouTubeTV credentials.

ESPN+ is completely different and requires a separate subscription. You can't get SECN+ with ESPN+. People that say that are probably logged in with their YouTubeTV, Hulu, cable or dish account and don't realize the ESPN+ is not what's giving them access to SECN+.

This is 100% correct

Matt3467
04-06-2022, 11:59 AM
Alternatively, instead of trying to get all the different channels you could save the money and catch the streams.

PMDawg
04-06-2022, 12:06 PM
I just got fiber last week so the cord has been cut. I have a roku with YouTubeTV. What do I need to do to be able to watch our games on the SECN+?

Keep adding lots of subscriptions until you pay as much or more as you would have before you cut the cord. haha

DownwardDawg
04-06-2022, 12:18 PM
Little off topic, but I still can't watch any games on my iPhone on the ESPN APP. I even have a new phone now and it still won't play. I hit the watch button and it spins a second like it's loading then stops. Stays on the same page. Ok, rant over.

DownwardDawg
04-06-2022, 12:19 PM
Keep adding lots of subscriptions until you pay as much or more as you would have before you cut the cord. haha

That's what most people do. They end up paying more in the long run.

MrCoachKlein
04-06-2022, 12:52 PM

At least you're not locked into a contract with a million hidden fees that unexpectedly goes up every year lol. It's still ridiculous that you can't just purchase individual channels.

BrunswickDawg
04-06-2022, 03:11 PM

Not even close so far.
I was paying $125 a month for DirecTv - which for the most part I loved and had for 20+ years. I was also paying for Netflix and Amazon, Disney+, and $50 a month for terrible AT&T 3 mbps internet.
Dropped DirecTv a year ago, switched to Comcast Internet at 700 mbps for $65, and went with YouTube TV for $65 - which I also share with my parents and 2 kids (they all kick in); and I get HBOMax free from my AT&T cell phone plan.
I have lost the Braves in this deal, but I can listen to them on the radio. If Bally gets their act together and streams for a fee I'll likely still come out ahead.

SilentSteel16
04-06-2022, 03:32 PM
All I know is I am watching games on sec+ on my ESPN app. If I am logged in through my non existent cable company then so be it, it may have a saved info there.

The pro games I watch on streams whether it is football or baseball. I will try to find the link. But you just close the browser when it opens a new window. I have been using it for years for pro games as well as MMA stuff. Does not work with college though.

SilentSteel16
04-06-2022, 03:33 PM
http://crackstreams.biz/

If it opens a new window or browser just close it until you get a list of games you want to watch. Do the same once you find the game you want. If it opens a browser just close the window it opens. Been using it for years.

PMDawg
04-07-2022, 10:19 AM
Not even close so far.
I was paying $125 a month for DirecTv - which for the most part I loved and had for 20+ years. I was also paying for Netflix and Amazon, Disney+, and $50 a month for terrible AT&T 3 mbps internet.
Dropped DirecTv a year ago, switched to Comcast Internet at 700 mbps for $65, and went with YouTube TV for $65 - which I also share with my parents and 2 kids (they all kick in); and I get HBOMax free from my AT&T cell phone plan.
I have lost the Braves in this deal, but I can listen to them on the radio. If Bally gets their act together and streams for a fee I'll likely still come out ahead.

I pay $88/mo for Dish and I have everything I want. Sometimes I do Netflix for a month or so at a time if I need to catch up on some series, but I don't keep it. I also have HBO Max for free, but really don't use it. I have never paid more than $90/mo for Dish and they actually will let you do it no contract at this point. You just have to go through the fake cancellation every so often. I may pay a little more, but so far it's worth it to me. YouTube TV at $65/mo is so close to what I pay for Dish it's not even worth considering. And I'm sure that $65 will be even higher soon enough. I don't have to worry about ever missing a sporting event I want to watch. It's worth $25/mo to me just for that.