PDA

View Full Version : Midweek Things to Watch For

GolfDawg
04-05-2022, 11:10 AM
Getting out of Fayetteville with a win considering our performance was pretty fortunate. There are a lot of things this team needs to improve rather quickly to put together the resume that we need.

There has been a lot of talk of trying Yeager at short. If that's actually being considered, we need to give that a try before we're too deep into the season. Forsythe had a pretty good weekend overall with some nice defensive plays and a few hits which was nice to see, so I'm not sure that I want to see him sit and lose that momentum. It was tough to see him literally get called back out of the box on Sunday in the 7th when they pinch hit for him with Siebert after he was having a nice game. I've been there, it stings. Turned out to be a good move though.

We really need to figure out who's going to be our leadoff guy. Starting McGowanon Sunday surprised me since he hasn't played much recently. That was a lot of pressure on him to throw him into that role. If we're going to try him there this weekend I'd like to see him get a full game in tonight.

On the mound I'd like to see Pico get another start to see if that's a role he could handle. We may need him to start weekends down the road this year.

I'd really like to see some innings for Tepper, Cheatham, and KC Hunt as we need those guys to gain more confidence. I wouldn't mind seeing Forsythe out there for an inning to get more data on him as well.

What's up with Andrew Walling? Just one inning all year.

What else is everyone wanting to see us work on tonight?

KOdawg1
04-05-2022, 12:42 PM
Moving Yeager to SS doesn't help much because you don't have anyone to put at 2B that can hit either. Meche? Maybe Downs but he's hurt. Alford is a 3B but he hasn't hit that well.

I was a Leggett fan bc he battled at the plate but he's not doing anything even if he does battle. He's still hitting the same as Lane. So just let Forsythe take over and roll with it.

GolfDawg
04-05-2022, 12:51 PM
Moving Yeager to SS doesn't help much because you don't have anyone to put at 2B that can hit either. Meche? Maybe Downs but he's hurt. Alford is a 3B but he hasn't hit that well.

I was a Leggett fan bc he battled at the plate but he's not doing anything even if he does battle. He's still hitting the same as Lane. So just let Forsythe take over and roll with it.

I think I'm on board with this as well. I like that Leggett has a history of delivering clutch hits but Lane has had some stretches last year where he was good for a hit or two per game- usually doing a nice job of hitting line drives and ground balls up the middle or the other way.

Choctaw Dawg
04-05-2022, 01:34 PM
Getting out of Fayetteville with a win considering our performance was pretty fortunate. There are a lot of things this team needs to improve rather quickly to put together the resume that we need.

There has been a lot of talk of trying Yeager at short. If that's actually being considered, we need to give that a try before we're too deep into the season. Forsythe had a pretty good weekend overall with some nice defensive plays and a few hits which was nice to see, so I'm not sure that I want to see him sit and lose that momentum. It was tough to see him literally get called back out of the box on Sunday in the 7th when they pinch hit for him with Siebert after he was having a nice game. I've been there, it stings. Turned out to be a good move though.

We really need to figure out who's going to be our leadoff guy. Starting McGowanon Sunday surprised me since he hasn't played much recently. That was a lot of pressure on him to throw him into that role. If we're going to try him there this weekend I'd like to see him get a full game in tonight.

On the mound I'd like to see Pico get another start to see if that's a role he could handle. We may need him to start weekends down the road this year.

I'd really like to see some innings for Tepper, Cheatham, and KC Hunt as we need those guys to gain more confidence. I wouldn't mind seeing Forsythe out there for an inning to get more data on him as well.

What's up with Andrew Walling? Just one inning all year.

What else is everyone wanting to see us work on tonight?

Apparently Walling is hurt. Lemonis said the other day he isn't close to contributing.

Leave Forsythe at Short be done with it.

I'm a fan personally of having Siebert out in Left with Cumbest in center like we did for the Tulane Series. Have power all through the lineup

parabrave
04-05-2022, 01:56 PM
Hell try LF at leadoff. He can't do any worse and maybe he will learn just to talk a walk or bunt yourself on instead of trying to hit a fing HR.

Todd4State
04-05-2022, 11:34 PM
Apparently Walling is hurt. Lemonis said the other day he isn't close to contributing.

Leave Forsythe at Short be done with it.

I'm a fan personally of having Siebert out in Left with Cumbest in center like we did for the Tulane Series. Have power all through the lineup

He's getting closer to never contributing. I'd be surprised if he is back next year. We'll probably redshirt him.

The Federalist Engineer
04-06-2022, 02:50 AM
USM beat OM in Pearl tonight. What are the chances MSU, USM, and OM end up in linked regionals?

We may need another Jacob Billingsley miracle Complete Game, and Brent Rooker Atomic Pop-Up

An all Mississippi regional paring is too Stressful, Cohen needs to talk to someone early, like tomorrow, to discourage such a thing. Too much concentrated hatred.

Cooterpoot
04-06-2022, 04:54 AM
He's getting closer to never contributing. I'd be surprised if he is back next year. We'll probably redshirt him.

This, I'll be surprised if he's back.

BrunswickDawg
04-06-2022, 06:39 AM
USM beat OM in Pearl tonight. What are the chances MSU, USM, and OM end up in linked regionals?

We may need another Jacob Billingsley miracle Complete Game, and Brent Rooker Atomic Pop-Up

An all Mississippi regional paring is too Stressful, Cohen needs to talk to someone early, like tomorrow, to discourage such a thing. Too much concentrated hatred.

I think the NCAA is too afraid of what having all 3 MS teams in a single regional would lead to - the most intense, insane, highest attended, entertaining college baseball spectacle the world has ever seen. It would be too good for the game and the ncaa can't have that happen.

Cooterpoot
04-06-2022, 09:49 AM
I think the NCAA is too afraid of what having all 3 MS teams in a single regional would lead to - the most intense, insane, highest attended, entertaining college baseball spectacle the world has ever seen. It would be too good for the game and the ncaa can't have that happen.

I hope there are two regionals and the winners go on the road and lose unless it's us. 17 the other two MS teams.

sleepy dawg
04-06-2022, 09:53 AM

Pretty close to 0... USM is the most likely host of the 3. They're not putting State and Ole Miss as the 2 and 3 in any regional. It's very likely that either state or ole miss is playing in Hattiesburg (assuming we both make it), but not both.

The Federalist Engineer
04-06-2022, 12:23 PM
Pretty close to 0... USM is the most likely host of the 3. They're not putting State and Ole Miss as the 2 and 3 in any regional. It's very likely that either state or ole miss is playing in Hattiesburg (assuming we both make it), but not both.

I am talking OM and USM hosting with MSU heading to Hattiesburg as 2 or 3. Then OM vs MSU in a Super.

Sounds awesome, but this is not awesome.

In 2017, the paring was LSU and USM hosting with MSU in Hattiesburg. By the time MSU played LSU in the Super, you could see and feel that the team was spent. Cannizarro's overmatched team fought to the finish, those boys even lead in both games before losing the Super 0-2. It was like watching the Persians eventually grind down the Spartans in the movie, "300".

LSU was eventually the National Runner Up to Florida.

klong-dog
04-06-2022, 05:22 PM
This, I'll be surprised if he's back.

Why? Is he injured or just mental or not being a team player

The Federalist Engineer
04-06-2022, 09:07 PM
Why? Is he injured or just mental or not being a team player

His MLB scouting report reads identical to Eric Cerantola.