basedog
04-05-2022, 09:34 AM
Favre and ex Gov Byrant**

trob115
04-05-2022, 09:42 AM
Both should be in jail.

BeardoMSU
04-05-2022, 10:21 AM
https://mississippitoday.org/2022/04/04/phil-bryant-brett-favre-welfare-scandal-payout/

HancockCountyDog
04-05-2022, 10:41 AM
https://mississippitoday.org/2022/04/04/phil-bryant-brett-favre-welfare-scandal-payout/

That article reminded me that really good journalism does exist.

OLJWales
04-05-2022, 11:17 AM
That article reminded me that really good journalism does exist.

What did you find wrong with it? It looks like Favre couldn't convince private investors the company was viable and could produce ROI so he found a crooked politician to rip tax payers off.

HancockCountyDog
04-05-2022, 11:37 AM
What did you find wrong with it? It looks like Favre couldn't convince private investors the company was viable and could produce ROI so he found a crooked politician to rip tax payers off.

Nothing - i thought it was a really well researched article that reminded me that good journalism can exist.

OLJWales
04-05-2022, 11:43 AM
Nothing - i thought it was a really well researched article that reminded me that good journalism can exist.

My bad Hancock. I mistook your "does" with "doesn't".

sleepy dawg
04-05-2022, 11:55 AM
My bad Hancock. I must mistook your "does" with "doesn't".

It was just a natural reflex on here to assume everyone is in disagreement with everything.

... But yes, that's what Journalism is and should be.

PMDawg
04-05-2022, 01:21 PM
US politics are a sad state of affairs. Across the board. (Short) Term limits for everyone and banning politicians from working as lobbyists after their terms are a necessity if we want to at least slow the tide of corruption.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
04-05-2022, 02:53 PM
Favre and ex Gov Byrant**

Someone care to give a simplified summation on what happened? I hate to read

BeardoMSU
04-05-2022, 07:29 PM

Some folks did some bad things...

lastmajordog
04-05-2022, 07:39 PM
They pale in comparison to Roger Wicker and Trent LOTT......JMO

OLJWales
04-05-2022, 07:43 PM

LMAO.

ETA: Gonna try to go rep cuz I'm still giggling with watery eyes. It'll prolly get commie 17'd but at least I can award myself with a participation trophy for showing up and trying.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-06-2022, 09:03 PM
Both should be in jail.

I’m failing to find where Phil did anything illegal. Bad judgement, for sure. Unethical, probably so. But what is illegal and would send him to jail? And I could certainly be wrong. What am I missing?

TheLostDawg
04-07-2022, 04:00 AM
US politics are a sad state of affairs. Across the board. (Short) Term limits for everyone and banning politicians from working as lobbyists after their terms are a necessity if we want to at least slow the tide of corruption.

Waller was our best bet at making some of this happen. He was going to make it to where lobbyist couldn't reach out during legislative season which would have at least been a step in the right direction.
However Reeves had the lobbies in his pocket and in such all the money. As a result we elected another career politician out for his own agenda.

TheLostDawg
04-07-2022, 04:01 AM
They pale in comparison to Roger Wicker and Trent LOTT......JMO

Haley Barbour as well

TheLostDawg
04-07-2022, 04:04 AM
I’m failing to find where Phil did anything illegal. Bad judgement, for sure. Unethical, probably so. But what is illegal and would send him to jail? And I could certainly be wrong. What am I missing?

Diverting federal funds not intended for their use but investment instead-1
Accepting stock for using his political power to get #1 done -2
Just to get things started

TheLostDawg
04-07-2022, 04:13 AM

Favre basically hired as lobbyist, got Phil to divert federal funds, day Phil got out of office he received stock, the company then sold the idea to another company and hired the scientist making the company that Mississippi invested in basically worthless, Phil's welfare guy gets busted in another scheme. Phil gets nervous and gives up his stock in a company that now sits idle.

That's about what I got out of it. Didn't read the whole thing. I'll let others correct me where I'm wrong.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-07-2022, 06:34 AM
Diverting federal funds not intended for their use but investment instead-1
Accepting stock for using his political power to get #1 done -2
Just to get things started

I’m not seeing where Phil is the one diverting the funds. I could be wrong.

Phil didn’t accept any stock. That part is clear.

I think it’s sleazy, but I’m not seeing the illegal and jailable offense on Phil’s part.

TheLostDawg
04-07-2022, 07:33 AM
I’m not seeing where Phil is the one diverting the funds. I could be wrong.

Phil didn’t accept any stock. That part is clear.

I think it’s sleazy, but I’m not seeing the illegal and jailable offense on Phil’s part.

"But newly uncovered text messages show that, at the very least, Favre told Bryant that New had started funneling public funding to the drug company shortly after he began advocating on its behalf.

As governor, Bryant assisted Prevacus, the company at the center of Mississippi’s ongoing welfare embezzlement scandal, in finding investors and gaining favor with federal regulators.

Then, two days after he left office, Bryant agreed by text to accept stock in the company."

TheLostDawg
04-07-2022, 07:34 AM
"In a three-hour-long interview with Mississippi Today on April 2, Bryant said that despite the timeline revealed through the candid messages – which he acknowledged “doesn’t look good” – he never intended on accepting stock in Prevacus and did not read his texts carefully enough to pick up on the fact that the company had received public funding in the first place."

basedog
04-07-2022, 07:40 AM
"In a three-hour-long interview with Mississippi Today on April 2, Bryant said that despite the timeline revealed through the candid messages – which he acknowledged “doesn’t look good” – he never intended on accepting stock in Prevacus and did not read his texts carefully enough to pick up on the fact that the company had received public funding in the first place."

First off do you believe him? Second, "did not read his texts carefully enough", this makes me laugh. He had many texts and conversations. Politicians are very greedy and sneaky.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-07-2022, 10:00 AM
"But newly uncovered text messages show that, at the very least, Favre told Bryant that New had started funneling public funding to the drug company shortly after he began advocating on its behalf.

As governor, Bryant assisted Prevacus, the company at the center of Mississippi?s ongoing welfare embezzlement scandal, in finding investors and gaining favor with federal regulators.

Then, two days after he left office, Bryant agreed by text to accept stock in the company."

You've changed your story. First you say he received or accepted stock. Now you said he agreed by text to accept stock. The truth is HE NEVER ACTUALLY RECEIVED THE STOCK. The article says that. I think it's dirty as crap. But the fact that he didn't actually receive the stock after he found out public money was used will be the thing that keeps him out of jail. That difference is huge.

PMDawg
04-07-2022, 10:26 AM
Haley Barbour as well

And [insert name of any other American politician here] as well. I mean, I see the trend that's trying to be established here, but it's laughable. Any politician above the most very local level that anyone reading this has ever voted for is a dirty crook. And the local ones are often amongst the worst of them. I only exclude them because there are at least SOME local ones who aren't dirty.

TheLostDawg
04-07-2022, 04:50 PM
First off do you believe him? Second, "did not read his texts carefully enough", this makes me laugh. He had many texts and conversations. Politicians are very greedy and sneaky.

I agree. I think what he meant is he got caught and should have used more obscured wording so he could cover his butt a little better

TheLostDawg
04-07-2022, 04:53 PM
You've changed your story. First you say he received or accepted stock. Now you said he agreed by text to accept stock. The truth is HE NEVER ACTUALLY RECEIVED THE STOCK. The article says that. I think it's dirty as crap. But the fact that he didn't actually receive the stock after he found out public money was used will be the thing that keeps him out of jail. That difference is huge.

I will post again.

Should have kept reading buddy.

"Never intended" which is admitting he did since this is obviously going over your head

TUSK
04-07-2022, 05:55 PM

That should have paid off for ya, Beardo....

BeardoMSU
04-07-2022, 06:44 PM
That should have paid off for ya, Beardo....

https://c.tenor.com/M0m37ZMcROgAAAAd/oh-yeah-evil-smile.gif

OLJWales
04-07-2022, 06:57 PM
I may vote Republican but it damn sure ain't cuz I Love the party. I just consider them the lesser of the 2 Evils regarding policy but I NEVER hide from the truth and on the surface thus far, this shit stinks REAL Bad. Regardless of party, Dogs like this just don't hunt. This smells like jail time and I reckon we'll see as investigations continue.

BiscuitEater
04-07-2022, 07:00 PM
The truth is HE NEVER ACTUALLY RECEIVED THE STOCK.

Doesn't matter.. he agreed to accept stock and KNEW about diversion of public funds! Both are crimes!

was21
04-07-2022, 07:13 PM
Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law...lock him up...thanks

OLJWales
04-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Doesn't matter.. he agreed to accept stock and KNEW about diversion of public funds! Both are crimes!

Thank you biscuit for doing such a good job simplifying the obvious. When you look at these email exchanges Tween Bryant and Favre and the connected arrests thus far, there's no logical conclusion other than they got their hands caught in the cookie jar and should pay a heavy price.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-07-2022, 08:11 PM
I will post again.

Should have kept reading buddy.

"Never intended" which is admitting he did since this is obviously going over your head

I think you need to read better “buddy”. He never took the stock because the crap hit the fan. I certainly believe “he intended to” despite his denial. But the crap hit the fan and he didn’t take it. He’s telling Ms Wolfe that “he never intended to” meaning he wasn’t going to do it (which I think is a lie). I absolutely believe he was going to take the stock and the only reason he didn’t is because everything blew up, which might be what saves him.

Biscuiteater says agreeing to accept and knowing about diversion of funds could be a crime. And he might be right. I don’t know. But so far all indications are that he didn’t take stock, but only because it blew up before he could.

An example is an AD offering a job to Saban, then to Lincoln Riley, and finally hiring Croom. Then you tell the press that “I never intended to hire Saban or Riley”. The truth is that you absolutely intended to, even though you didn’t.

PMDawg
04-08-2022, 09:49 AM
I may vote Republican but it damn sure ain't cuz I Love the party. I just consider them the lesser of the 2 Evils regarding policy but I NEVER hide from the truth and on the surface thus far, this shit stinks REAL Bad. Regardless of party, Dogs like this just don't hunt. This smells like jail time and I reckon we'll see as investigations continue.

Same.

Unfortunately that's not the way it works. If it was, the Clintons, the Pelosis, the McConnells, the Bidens, and probably the Trumps would all be in jail (amongst many many others from both parties).

Jack Lambert
04-08-2022, 04:27 PM
It looks bad but no laws were broken.

OLJWales
04-08-2022, 05:36 PM
It looks bad but no laws were broken.

????