Pages : [1] 2

msstate7
04-04-2022, 11:35 AM
Fried
Morton
Wright
Anderson
Ynoa

This is your starting pitcher order to start the season. Might see strider or Davidson take the ball after ynoa

BrunswickDawg
04-04-2022, 12:15 PM
Well, based on how my sports year is going I fully expect the Braves to challenge for the worst start in baseball history, and for Matt Olson to have a season long slump and stay somewhere around the Mendoza line with no power.
Especially since I drafted him first for my fantasy team.

shoeless joe
04-04-2022, 12:22 PM
Few things that will make this season successful or not:

1. Can Riley build off of or be the same as last yr and be a credible mid lineup threat or does he slip back?

2. What does ozuna bring?

3. Does acuna step in and do acuna things as soon as he returns?

If 2 of these end up a positive and wright ends up livin to his old potential then this team could be right back in the thick of it come October.

FISHDAWG
04-04-2022, 12:24 PM
Well, based on how my sports year is going I fully expect the Braves to challenge for the worst start in baseball history, and for Matt Olson to have a season long slump and stay somewhere around the Mendoza line with no power.

lol ... I wonder how many on this board remember the Nick Esasky debacle. He was a Braves killer when he was with the Reds ... Braves paid quite a bit for him in a trade and the guy sat in the dugout for four years and never played a single play due to Vertigo after moving to Atlanta. Olson will be da man for us - I just have a feeling

BrunswickDawg
04-04-2022, 12:56 PM
lol ... I wonder how many on this board remember the Nick Esasky debacle. He was a Braves killer when he was with the Reds ... Braves paid quite a bit for him in a trade and the guy sat in the dugout for four years and never played a single play due to Vertigo after moving to Atlanta. Olson will be da man for us - I just have a feeling

I'm old enough to remember what if Brian Asselstine hadn't broken his leg and ended his career; trading Brett Butler and Brooks Jacoby for Len Barker; signing Bruce Sutter to the richest closer contract ever and blowing his elbow; and hiring Eddie Haas as manager.
I really can't believe I still am a baseball fan LOL

shoeless joe
04-04-2022, 12:57 PM
I'm old enough to remember what if Brian Asselstine hadn't broken his leg and ended his career; trading Brett Butler and Brooks Jacoby for Len Barker; signing Bruce Sutter to the richest closer contract ever and blowing his elbow; and hiring Eddie Haas as manager.

Hope springs eternal…

That why!

msstate7
04-04-2022, 01:22 PM
Ian Anderson left ST start today. Maybe blister... just guessing based on bowman

msstate7
04-04-2022, 01:28 PM
Ian left with blister on his toe. Will start his game Sunday

smootness
04-04-2022, 02:39 PM

Come on man, both our teams are reigning champs

msstate7
04-04-2022, 02:54 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/pdS2qpcb/1-BC20-CCB-47-F9-498-D-AA9-D-2-D529952296-C.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

For you guys that go to see M-braves

BrunswickDawg
04-04-2022, 03:26 PM
Come on man, both our teams are reigning champs

And I'm reveling in both wins! But, I suffered for a loooonnnngggg time as a Braves fan and it's hard to forget.

Commercecomet24
04-04-2022, 06:54 PM
Hope springs eternal…

That why!

Yep every spring, everyone believes their team will win the pennant, then reality sets in for most.

Commercecomet24
04-04-2022, 06:55 PM
Braves, Back-to-Back(I hope)

EdwardDrayton
04-04-2022, 08:35 PM
Was a huge Braves fan for years. But MLB is dying on the vine.

DownwardDawg
04-05-2022, 08:36 AM
My grandfather was an absolute huge Braves fan. Got me watching them when I was a kid. He passed away the year before they won the pennant when Sid Bream scored from 2nd base. I ran out of my trailer in Starkville ringing my cowbell and screaming to the top of my lungs.

I watched for several more years then just slowly stopped watching MLB altogether. I find myself somewhat interested again and looking forward to the season this year.

FISHDAWG
04-05-2022, 09:23 AM
My grandfather was an absolute huge Braves fan. Got me watching them when I was a kid. He passed away the year before they won the pennant when Sid Bream scored from 2nd base. I ran out of my trailer in Starkville ringing my cowbell and screaming to the top of my lungs.

I watched for several more years then just slowly stopped watching MLB altogether. I find myself somewhat interested again and looking forward to the season this year.

we have incredibly similar stories ... I remember my grandad listening on the radio and when they finally got cable and he could watch every ballgame it was like Heaven for him ... he passed a couple years before Bream lumbered around those bases ... Hell, I even missed it as I went to bed with 2 outs in the 9th that night (I was on Eastern time) ... that was in Jones County - we weren't that far apart I see

BrunswickDawg
04-05-2022, 09:36 AM
we have incredibly similar stories ... I remember my grandad listening on the radio and when they finally got cable and he could watch every ballgame it was like Heaven for him ... he passed a couple years before Bream lumbered around those bases ... Hell, I even missed it as I went to bed with 2 outs in the 9th that night (I was on Eastern time) ... that was in Jones County - we weren't that far apart I see

My grandad was one of those too. We could always watch the Braves since we lived in Marietta, but when he got cable he could watch the Cubs in the afternoon. He loved Harry Caray from having listened to Cardinals games in the 40s and 50s on the radio - and he'd been a huge Musial fan. My grandad had a nice garden, and in the summer he would work all morning in the garden, break for lunch, then work until the Cubs game started. He'd come in from outside, drink a Bud in about 2 gulps, and lay back in his Lazy-Boy to watch the game. He'd nap from about the 5th inning until Harry started in with Take Me out to the Ball Game

My Dad got to take him to a World Series game in '92 - last pro game he ever went to before he passed in '97.

FISHDAWG
04-05-2022, 12:04 PM
My grandad was one of those too. We could always watch the Braves since we lived in Marietta, but when he got cable he could watch the Cubs in the afternoon. He loved Harry Caray from having listened to Cardinals games in the 40s and 50s on the radio - and he'd been a huge Musial fan. My grandad had a nice garden, and in the summer he would work all morning in the garden, break for lunch, then work until the Cubs game started. He'd come in from outside, drink a Bud in about 2 gulps, and lay back in his Lazy-Boy to watch the game. He'd nap from about the 5th inning until Harry started in with Take Me out to the Ball Game

My Dad got to take him to a World Series game in '92 - last pro game he ever went to before he passed in '97.

very cool !!! My grandad came to Atlanta to visit and finally got to go to his first live Braves game late in his life - he acted like a kid in a candy shop trying to soak it all in ... I remember him listening to baseball religiously in the 60's ... he loved the game and said he was listening to the Braves but I don't think they were in Atlanta in the late 60's (maybe I'm wrong)

msstate7
04-12-2022, 06:34 AM
Great start, braves. Man, please get going bc I can't take another flop like state baseball. Get well, Acuna

MaroonFlounder
04-12-2022, 09:41 AM
I missed last night's game. Looking at box score, did YNOA pull a Stinnett?

msstate7
04-12-2022, 09:46 AM
I missed last night's game. Looking at box score, did YNOA pull a Stinnett?

He and Ian did their best stinnett impression last 2 starts

Commercecomet24
04-12-2022, 09:58 AM
He and Ian did their best stinnett impression last 2 starts

Lol, now that's funny!

REP!

Commercecomet24
04-12-2022, 09:58 AM
Great start, braves. Man, please get going bc I can't take another flop like state baseball. Get well, Acuna

Braves are gonna be ok, but yeah let's get Acuna back SOON!

shoeless joe
04-12-2022, 10:12 AM
Pitching is feeling affects of short spring. I’d normally say just tread water til acuna gets back but with this schedule the Braves should be makin hay. And last yr when acuna was tearing it up the Braves weren’t winning.

And based on his comments, and actions as a player, he’s going to have to mature in order to really be the type of team leader that he could be. He’s still extremely young so hopefully he will do just that. IMO this is where freeman’s departure will hurt the most.

msstate7
04-12-2022, 10:19 AM
Braves are brining up 2 pitchers for tonight. I have no idea who they are yet; but if they flop and state loses, I'm gonna have myself a good little meltdown 6 games into the season. I'm sure this meltdown is more about state than the braves at this point

msstate7
04-12-2022, 01:18 PM
Elder debut tonight

Commercecomet24
04-12-2022, 01:24 PM
Elder debut tonight

I'm interested to see what he looks like against mlb hitters.

msstate7
04-19-2022, 07:49 AM
Acuna starts rehab tonight.

Dansby is horrible

trob115
04-19-2022, 08:21 AM
Really wish we would have signed Correa to replace Dansby.

msstate7
04-19-2022, 08:26 AM
Really wish we would have signed Correa to replace Dansby.

Unless Swanson is dirt cheap in FA, I don't see any way he's back next season

BrunswickDawg
05-02-2022, 11:56 AM

Braves fans = MSU fans
https://twitter.com/dobrienatl/status/1521162949481664512?s=21&t=8ZDhIwV8gqbv58Bkpz8Hjg

msstate7
05-02-2022, 12:10 PM
Snit always makes questionable pen decisions. In the playoffs last starting with dodgers, the FO started giving him a guide, and the improvement was instant. Wish they'd start giving him cheat sheets again

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 12:14 PM
Braves fans = MSU fans
https://twitter.com/dobrienatl/status/1521162949481664512?s=21&t=8ZDhIwV8gqbv58Bkpz8Hjg

Pretty much nailed it, Bruns!

I can't give you anymore rep!

FISHDAWG
05-02-2022, 12:20 PM
repped .... we aren't the first team nor will we be the last team with a NC hangover

BrunswickDawg
05-02-2022, 12:30 PM
Snit always makes questionable pen decisions. In the playoffs last starting with dodgers, the FO started giving him a guide, and the improvement was instant. Wish they'd start giving him cheat sheets again

So did Bobby & Leo. Over 162 games you get it wrong a lot.

msstate7
05-02-2022, 12:49 PM
repped .... we aren't the first team nor will we be the last team with a NC hangover

I would be quite shocked if the braves don't get it turned around and quickly. They've been extremely unlucky on batted balls. Bad luck won't follow them all season

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 12:52 PM
I would be quite shocked if the braves don't get it turned around and quickly. They've been extremely unlucky on batted balls. Bad luck won't follow them all season

I agree with this 100%. We also need to find another reliable starter and Anderson needs to pitch like he did the last time out. Wright has been incredible, Max has been really good, Morton been kinda up and down.

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 12:53 PM
So did Bobby & Leo. Over 162 games you get it wrong a lot.

Yeah I heard Bobby say every team will win 54, every team will lose 54 it's how you manage the other 54 that decides the winners from the losers.

msstate7
05-02-2022, 12:55 PM
I agree with this 100%. We also need to find another reliable starter and Anderson needs to pitch like he did the last time out. Wright has been incredible, Max has been really good, Morton been kinda up and down.

5th (and 6th for right now) starter is a huge issue. Think I'd recall ynoa, and just let him take the ball every 5th day good or bad. He's the only one with any real success at the mlb level. Please be back this summer, soroka

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 12:58 PM
5th (and 6th for right now) starter is a huge issue. Think I'd recall ynoa, and just let him take the ball every 5th day good or bad. He's the only one with any real success at the mlb level. Please be back this summer, soroka

Agreed. Ynoa's got great stuff and he was dominate last year until he went all stupid and broke his hand and he hasn't been the same since. But I agree give it to him and let him work it out because he's shown he can dominate. Hopine Soroka gets back this year too and is at least close to what he was.

msstate7
05-02-2022, 01:03 PM
If (when) Charlie gets right, you could just use an opener like Chavez followed by strider for 3-4 innings for that 5th spot. Maybe leave all the yo yo gang (elder, ynoa, muller) down the whole season like wright last year

msstate7
05-02-2022, 01:04 PM
Michael Harris is hitting well at Pearl. I think he's gonna get a shot before too long

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 01:14 PM
If (when) Charlie gets right, you could just use an opener like Chavez followed by strider for 3-4 innings for that 5th spot. Maybe leave all the yo yo gang (elder, ynoa, muller) down the whole season like wright last year

That's a good thought, too. I really like Elder's potential, cut down on the walks and a little better command and he could be really good. He definitely doesn't mind pitching in a jam lol, and has shown he can get out of em.

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 01:18 PM
Michael Harris is hitting well at Pearl. I think he's gonna get a shot before too long

Looks like he might be a player. Good wheels, decent pop, good obp and doesn't strike out a lot.

BrunswickDawg
05-02-2022, 01:35 PM
Yeah I heard Bobby say every team will win 54, every team will lose 54 it's how you manage the other 54 that decides the winners from the losers.

Yep, heard him say that as well. I agree with M7 that they will likely turn it around. Since the early 90s, the Braves have always been a second half team (where have I hear that before??). They seem to like to turn it on in June.
I do worry that we are relying on Morton. I love the guy, but if you count on any pitcher after 35 you are flirting with father time.

msstate7
05-02-2022, 01:48 PM
Brunkswick to your earlier point though, last season means jack to me when we losing series to the rangers and nats. Last year is over, and I want this team to play well THIS season bc they're more than capable

BrunswickDawg
05-02-2022, 02:06 PM
Brunkswick to your earlier point though, last season means jack to me when we losing series to the rangers and nats. Last year is over, and I want this team to play well THIS season bc they're more than capable

10-13 in April just isn't going to rile me up. End of last April the Braves were 12-14; in '19 they were 14-15; I could go on. We've seen it too many times before. The Braves are notoriously slow starters. Get back to me at the end of June, then we can talk.

msstate7
05-02-2022, 02:09 PM
10-13 in April just isn't going to rile me up. End of last April the Braves were 12-14; in '19 they were 14-15; I could go on. We've seen it too many times before. The Braves are notoriously slow starters. Get back to me at the end of June, then we can talk.

I get riled up in the 3rd inning of the season opener. I know the braves are better than this, and I expect them to play better

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 02:29 PM
I get riled up in the 3rd inning of the season opener. I know the braves are better than this, and I expect them to play better

Gotta relax a little 7, you're gonna have a stroke over such a long season. Trust me no one hates losing more than me but baseball games are long and the season even longer. It sucks to start slow but there is time to correct flaws and even the best go through lulls over 162. Braves have to much talent not to get it right, that being said if they're still struggling end of June might cause for some concern.

DownwardDawg
05-02-2022, 02:34 PM

Not far apart at all. I had just moved from Jones county to Starkville.

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 09:39 PM
Braves played some good baseball tonight. Battled against a dang good pitcher and came from behind and max was excellent! Good start to this series!

msstate7
05-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Braves played some good baseball tonight. Battled against a dang good pitcher and came from behind and max was excellent! Good start to this series!

TDA and fried were outstanding

Commercecomet24
05-02-2022, 09:52 PM
TDA and fried were outstanding

Yes sir! I liked how the started working Bassitt more after he got frustrated with that non strike 3 call. He was never quite the same after.

msstate7
05-03-2022, 07:44 PM
Man, the braves traded 5 years of luck last year to win a WS. They're completely hexed now, and I'm completely losing it.

Commercecomet24
05-03-2022, 08:29 PM
Man, the braves traded 5 years of luck last year to win a WS. They're completely hexed now, and I'm completely losing it.

Just refuse to hit with RISP right now.

shoeless joe
05-04-2022, 12:18 PM
Gotta keep treading water until it all clicks. But can’t fall way below .500.

trob115
05-04-2022, 03:21 PM
A split yesterday would have been nice, but we won today so we didn't lose any ground. I think it's just a matter of time before the lineup clicks.

Soler is stinking it up in Miami, so they should trade him to us for next to nothing immediately

Commercecomet24
05-04-2022, 03:23 PM
A split yesterday would have been nice, but we won today so we didn't lose any ground. I think it's just a matter of time before the lineup clicks.

Soler is stinking it up in Miami, so they should trade him to us for next to nothing immediately

Yeah it's not a series win but I'll take a series split with the mets at this point. Just gotta find a way to be more consistent at the plate. I believe it's coming though.

msstate7
05-04-2022, 05:08 PM
Huge win

Tater
05-06-2022, 01:13 AM
lolphillies

Commercecomet24
05-06-2022, 08:52 AM
lolphillies

Wow, yeah, the phillies blew that! Ugly!

Tater
05-06-2022, 01:48 PM
Wow, yeah, the phillies blew that! Ugly!

the mets have about a 7ish year cycle give or take a year:

Year 1: Awful
Year 2: Awful
Year 3: Awful with new IL record
Year 4: Awful
Year 5: Awful
Year 6: Awful
Year 7: Team of destiny

Going back to 86 this is pretty accurate give or take a year.
86: Champs
93: trash
00: Lost WS
06: Lost NLCS; 07: collapsed only like the Mets know how
15: Lost WS
22: These mfs.

LFGM. (Sorry but I can't stand Atlanta sports and Seaver / Strawberry / Piazza / Wright / deGrom have been much more likable for me)

Commercecomet24
05-06-2022, 02:09 PM
the mets have about a 7ish year cycle give or take a year:

Year 1: Awful
Year 2: Awful
Year 3: Awful with new IL record
Year 4: Awful
Year 5: Awful
Year 6: Awful
Year 7: Team of destiny

Going back to 86 this is pretty accurate give or take a year.
86: Champs
93: trash
00: Lost WS
06: Lost NLCS; 07: collapsed only like the Mets know how
15: Lost WS
22: These mfs.

LFGM. (Sorry but I can't stand Atlanta sports and Seaver / Strawberry / Piazza / Wright / deGrom have been much more likable for me)

That's a crazy cycle they seem to be going through. I really hated the A's of the early 70's and I was pulling so hard for the Mets in '73, they let me down. My grandfather was a good friend of Jerry Koosman. They became friends when they both wound up stuck at a small airport during some bad weather and shared their love of flying. They flew together quite a bit after that.

msstate7
05-06-2022, 02:56 PM
Mets...
32nd in EV
31st in hard contact %

They've been pretty fortunate so far

Tater
05-06-2022, 03:38 PM
Mets...
32nd in EV
31st in hard contact %

They've been pretty fortunate so far

1st in # of Wins

BrunswickDawg
05-06-2022, 03:45 PM
That's a crazy cycle they seem to be going through. I really hated the A's of the early 70's and I was pulling so hard for the Mets in '73, they let me down. My grandfather was a good friend of Jerry Koosman. They became friends when they both wound up stuck at a small airport during some bad weather and shared their love of flying. They flew together quite a bit after that.

How can you hate the A's of that era?? Reggie. Rollie. Fosse. Rudi. Catfish. Blue Moon. Vida Blue and Dick F'm Williams!!! I'm disappointed in you CC24.

Commercecomet24
05-06-2022, 03:48 PM
How can you hate the A's of that era?? Reggie. Rollie. Fosse. Rudi. Catfish. Blue Moon. Vida Blue and Dick F'm Williams!!! I'm disappointed in you CC24.

I'm sorry man, lol! I was a big Brooks Robinson/Jim Palmer fan back then and the A's kept them from winning more rings!

ETA hated the Yankees and Reds in the 70's too! Still hate the Yankees.

BrunswickDawg
05-06-2022, 04:05 PM
I'm sorry man, lol! I was a big Brooks Robinson/Jim Palmer fan back then and the A's kept them from winning more rings!

Ok - that's an acceptable reason. Brooks and Boog were two of my Dad's favorites - as was Earl Weaver.

Catfish
05-06-2022, 04:08 PM

No hating on my Yankees.

msstate7
05-06-2022, 04:10 PM
1st in # of Wins

Yes they are. We'll see how the hold up over 162. I expect a good race... I like the Mets pitching, but I think the braves lineup will be much better

Commercecomet24
05-06-2022, 06:27 PM
Ok - that's an acceptable reason. Brooks and Boog were two of my Dad's favorites - as was Earl Weaver.

I loved Earl too! Loved his arguments, that's a lost art lol!

Commercecomet24
05-06-2022, 06:28 PM
No hating on my Yankees.

Man I just can't please anybody today lol!

Tater
05-06-2022, 07:56 PM

I overrule that. **** the yanks. The Mets are New York's team.

Catfish
05-06-2022, 08:43 PM

LOL

Catfish
05-06-2022, 08:44 PM

Maybe, maybe not.

starkvegasdawg
05-07-2022, 09:36 AM

I hated the Mets ever since they started that stupid Larry chant at Chipper.

msstate7
05-08-2022, 06:49 PM
Good weekend. Fried may be the best pitcher in baseball now. Acuna is back to Acuna. Hopefully Olson, Riley, and ozuna get going again this week

Commercecomet24
05-08-2022, 06:59 PM
Good weekend. Fried may be the best pitcher in baseball now. Acuna is back to Acuna. Hopefully Olson, Riley, and ozuna get going again this week

Starting to look like the Braves again! Last 2 days been really good. I really like Demerit, dude plays hard and Ronald is almost 100%

msstate7
05-08-2022, 07:00 PM
Starting to look like the Braves again! Last 2 days been really good. I really like Demerit, dude plays hard and Ronald is almost 100%

I wouldn't get too attached to TD... I think waters is about to get his shot. Just a guess though

Commercecomet24
05-08-2022, 07:14 PM
I wouldn't get too attached to TD... I think waters is about to get his shot. Just a guess though

I wouldn't mind seeing what Waters can do. Travis is someone that you can send back down and call back up if needed and he can do a decent job filling in.

BrunswickDawg
05-08-2022, 07:31 PM

Waters hasn't played all season - bad hammy.
Michael Harris is the guy to watch. He just keeps tearing it up in Pearl.

msstate7
05-08-2022, 07:34 PM
Waters hasn't played all season - bad hammy.
Michael Harris is the guy to watch. He just keeps tearing it up in Pearl.

Waters is killing it at AAA though. Waters is on 40 man roster, so won't have to DFA anyone

KOdawg1
05-08-2022, 07:45 PM
Waters is killing it at AAA though. Waters is on 40 man roster, so won't have to DFA anyone

This is correct.

Harris will likely get the call later this summer. It's time to shit or get off the pot with Waters

msstate7
05-23-2022, 02:05 PM
AA may be taking over some for snit again like in the postseason last year. Yesterday, snit said Contreras won't be in the OF. Contreras is starting in LF tonight lol

KOdawg1
05-23-2022, 06:04 PM
AA may be taking over some for snit again like in the postseason last year. Yesterday, snit said Contreras won't be in the OF. Contreras is starting in LF tonight lol

Snit still has the old school mentality that you can't have two catchers in the lineup at the same time. There's really no valid reason why.

If a TDA gets hurt, just slide Contreras to catcher and pinch hit for TDA for the rest of that game. It'd only be one game.

Glad AA stepped in.

KOdawg1
05-28-2022, 09:37 AM
Michael Harris skips AAA and gets called straight up to Atlanta.

Excited to see what this kid does. He can't be any worse than Travis Demeritte.

Commercecomet24
05-28-2022, 12:01 PM

Yeah I'm excited to see him play. Travis was good for awhile and then just fell off a cliff. Don't remember the last time I saw someone go through as bad a streak as he's going through.

msstate7
05-28-2022, 12:05 PM

Surprised he skipped AAA, but I'm really excited to see him. Wish waters would cut down on his Ks and make a push at getting to Atlanta too

KOdawg1
06-11-2022, 12:06 AM
9 wins in a row.

32-27 record now.

Yeah, this team is gonna be alright.

BuckyIsAB****
06-11-2022, 04:02 PM
Adam Duvall has fallen off a cliff at the plate

msstate7
06-11-2022, 04:19 PM

He's been showing signs of life. Maybe he'll rebound. Not too concerned... he, Rosario, or a trade will hit in LF. Just holding my breath hoping Harris continues to be the real deal

Commercecomet24
06-11-2022, 06:16 PM

Naw he's been much better the last 2 weeks. He's not a high average hitter never has been and never will be but he'll hit his .230-.240 and hit 30 bombs and drive in 90-100 and play very good defense. He's ok.

MetEdDawg
06-12-2022, 07:04 AM
Make it 10 wins in a row.

Only 5.5 back in the division now and we would play the Giants in a tie breaker game for the 2nd wild card spot.

Team firing on all cylinders right now. Bats look good, Acu?a looks pretty much normal. I like Strider starting, but I'm very concerned about Charlie Morton. Having Harris in front of Acu?a is a scary tandem that I really love.

Commercecomet24
06-12-2022, 11:31 AM
Make it 10 wins in a row.

Only 5.5 back in the division now and we would play the Giants in a tie breaker game for the 2nd wild card spot.

Team firing on all cylinders right now. Bats look good, Acu?a looks pretty much normal. I like Strider starting, but I'm very concerned about Charlie Morton. Having Harris in front of Acu?a is a scary tandem that I really love.

Acuna scoring from first standing up on that bloop single yesterday was insane! He does stuff that not many can do!

trob115
06-12-2022, 12:00 PM
Acuna scoring from first standing up on that bloop single yesterday was insane! He does stuff that not many can do!
And he's coming off a torn acl! Incredible it doesn't have seemed to bother his speed.

msstate7
06-12-2022, 12:07 PM
And he's coming off a torn acl! Incredible it doesn't have seemed to bother his speed.

Acuna said he thinks he's faster. Said it before he even played a game this season. He might be right

shoeless joe
06-13-2022, 08:02 AM
11 straight…taking advantage of the schedule for sure but still impressive. Need it to continue this week against more weak teams.

Dansby, Contreras/darnaud, and duval at the plate are the reasons for the surge. Add in the speed dynamic since acuna’s return and adding Harris and then the fact that the starting pitching has been solid, not great but solid. The reality is this team is still not hitting on all cylinders but definitely showing what this team was put together to do.

starkvegasdawg
06-13-2022, 11:04 PM
So they win their 12th in a row but Albies breaks his foot.

mparkerfd20
06-15-2022, 09:59 PM
What is it 14 or 15 now and STILL 4 games back. Damn.

MetEdDawg
06-15-2022, 10:34 PM

Mets are good. There's no debating that.

But we've made up 6 games over the past 2 1/2 weeks and now have sole possession of the second wild card spot.

Harris has been huge and has totally changed the lineup. Starting pitching has been much better too, especially with us moving Strider in the rotation.

I like our ability to hang with the Mets the rest of the way.

trob115
06-15-2022, 11:13 PM
Soroka is only a month away from returning too! If he's healthy, that would be an insane rotation

FISHDAWG
06-16-2022, 07:40 AM

14 in a row now - trying for a club record of 15 ..... I just hope we aren't peaking too early but we can't give back the ground we have gained against the Mets ... I'm thinking and hoping the Mets will cool down after the break

DeltaSwamp
06-16-2022, 08:46 AM
Soroka is only a month away from returning too! If he's healthy, that would be an insane rotation

I think we all believed he would come in and Strider would be bumped out but Strider has been too good. Who gets bumped now Morton?

KOdawg1
06-16-2022, 10:05 AM
I think we all believed he would come in and Strider would be bumped out but Strider has been too good. Who gets bumped now Morton?

I don't see Soroka coming in and being full-time right away. They'll ease him back. May get a spot start here and there. He'll be under an innings limit too

trob115
06-16-2022, 10:23 AM
I don't think he'll have an innings limit , as his injury was not arm/shoulder related. I'm sure they'll ease him back, but I've read the plan is to have him work his way back as a starter this year.

StarkVegasSteve
06-16-2022, 12:33 PM
The teams we are playing are obviously helping, but 14 in a row is still 14 in a row. And the really scary thing is Acuna was in a terrible slump this series and we still waxed them every night. Losing Albies hurts but if you have to lose him you would rather it be in June so you can have him back in time for the playoffs.

KOdawg1
06-16-2022, 02:23 PM
I don't think he'll have an innings limit , as his injury was not arm/shoulder related. I'm sure they'll ease him back, but I've read the plan is to have him work his way back as a starter this year.

They've already come out and said he'll be under an innings limit.

From an article a few weeks ago:

"Soroka and the Braves are still eyeing a return for around the All-Star break although nothing is in stone at this point. Per Toscano, the plan for Soroka is to log around 60 innings during the regular season and to stay under 100 this season."

msstate7
06-16-2022, 03:14 PM
Even with it being a leg injury, he still hasn't thrown in a long time, so it will limit his innings

Commercecomet24
06-16-2022, 03:16 PM
Even with it being a leg injury, he still hasn't thrown in a long time, so it will limit his innings

Yeah absolutely no reason to rush him back or push him. Let him work back slowly and get back into it. He's got a lot of years left to throw if he can stay healthy so no reason to push it right now.

starkvegasdawg
06-16-2022, 04:48 PM
14 in a row now - trying for a club record of 15 ..... I just hope we aren't peaking too early but we can't give back the ground we have gained against the Mets ... I'm thinking and hoping the Mets will cool down after the break

For some reason I had in my head they won 18 in a row once. Back with Otis Nixon when he made "the catch" in old Fulton County Stadium.

FISHDAWG
06-17-2022, 07:25 AM
For some reason I had in my head they won 18 in a row once. Back with Otis Nixon when he made "the catch" in old Fulton County Stadium.

I was watching that game ... great moment in Braves play. Years before Right Fielder Claudel Washington made a very similar catch .... I always preferred the old Fulton Co Stadium to Turner Field. I know I'm in the minority on that but back then it just seemed easier to get around and in and out of. I have yet to go to Truist Park because I just can't tolerate the traffic and congestion

shoeless joe
06-18-2022, 06:53 AM

Pet peeve of mine is folks that think that play occurred during the NLCS

starkvegasdawg
06-18-2022, 07:16 AM
I was watching that game ... great moment in Braves play. Years before Right Fielder Claudel Washington made a very similar catch .... I always preferred the old Fulton Co Stadium to Turner Field. I know I'm in the minority on that but back then it just seemed easier to get around and in and out of. I have yet to go to Truist Park because I just can't tolerate the traffic and congestion

I was watching it, too. I liked the fact when they moved to Turner Field they recreated where that ball was when he caught it. You don't appreciate on tv just how high he was.

Tater
06-18-2022, 10:13 AM

The Mets did just cool down over our Two week west coast trip. Went 14-8. Braves are the team that is abnormal right now. The Mets finally spent some money and have a solid top to bottom lineup w/ great pitching on the IL.

msstate7
06-18-2022, 11:17 AM
The Mets did just cool down over our Two week west coast trip. Went 14-8. Braves are the team that is abnormal right now. The Mets finally spent some money and have a solid top to bottom lineup w/ great pitching on the IL.

You know it's gonna be really tough, right? 2 of the braves best 3 hitters (Acuna and Olson) haven't really hit yet. Morton is just getting going. Matzek and yates are about to join the best bullpen in mlb soon. Hopefully soroka can contribute. Soroka and degrom are both wildcards at this point... neither have pitched much in the last year. Scherzer completely broke down last year at the end, and he's followed it up with an early injury. I do think he's the most likely to be an impact in this race among he, degrom, and soroka though

ETA... I expect the Mets to add Contreras or another impact bat

Tater
06-18-2022, 05:47 PM
You know it's gonna be really tough, right? 2 of the braves best 3 hitters (Acuna and Olson) haven't really hit yet. Morton is just getting going. Matzek and yates are about to join the best bullpen in mlb soon. Hopefully soroka can contribute. Soroka and degrom are both wildcards at this point... neither have pitched much in the last year. Scherzer completely broke down last year at the end, and he's followed it up with an early injury. I do think he's the most likely to be an impact in this race among he, degrom, and soroka though

ETA... I expect the Mets to add Contreras or another impact bat

Ehhhh. Acuna is hitting his career average and Olson was at his career average before this past week of a slump. Don't think it's that reasonable to see a big "jump" from them. On the other hand Alonso actually has depth in the lineup around him (Marte, Cahna, Escobar were all ok additions individually. All of them together though makes the whole lineup more difficult to pitch though. Which is why Pete is seeing better opportunities.) McNeil has also stopped uppercutting so much and reintegrated slapping the ball.

And i wouldn't call the braves the best bullpen. Dodgers or Brewers have that title rn imo.

And of all the homer things you've said. Soroka is not in the same breath as deGrom or Scherzer lmfao. deGrom has at least pitched SOME in the past year and when he has, he looked damn good doing it. Scherzer getting this injury early and the Mets surviving it will be good to pace him for the year. Both deGrom and Scherzer will likely be impacts. Both have done it long enough and come back from injuries to do it as well. Soroka has done neither. One good year outta him.

Right now it just seems destined for a Subway series. Enjoy it and root for good ole Buck Naked.

msstate7
06-18-2022, 05:56 PM
Ehhhh. Acuna is hitting his career average and Olson was at his career average before this past week of a slump. Don't think it's that reasonable to see a big "jump" from them. On the other hand Alonso actually has depth in the lineup around him (Marte, Cahna, Escobar were all ok additions individually. All of them together though makes the whole lineup more difficult to pitch though. Which is why Pete is seeing better opportunities.) McNeil has also stopped uppercutting so much and reintegrated slapping the ball.

And i wouldn't call the braves the best bullpen. Dodgers or Brewers have that title rn imo.

And of all the homer things you've said. Soroka is not in the same breath as deGrom or Scherzer lmfao. deGrom has at least pitched SOME in the past year and when he has, he looked damn good doing it. Scherzer getting this injury early and the Mets surviving it will be good to pace him for the year. Both deGrom and Scherzer will likely be impacts. Both have done it long enough and come back from injuries to do it as well. Soroka has done neither. One good year outta him.

Right now it just seems destined for a Subway series. Enjoy it and root for good ole Buck Naked.

Guess we'll see... Mets we're up 7 games year to date. Braves won division by 11.5 over the Mets. Oh, and we won a WS. It was fun

msstate7
06-18-2022, 06:08 PM
I actually sorta expect the Mets to hold on to the division this year. I think this season will resemble 2019. The braves got a huge lead on a better nats team, and the braves held on to win the division. The nats were better than the braves though, and they proved it in the playoffs.

Commercecomet24
06-18-2022, 06:24 PM
I actually sorta expect the Mets to hold on to the division this year. I think this season will resemble 2019. The braves got a huge lead on a better nats team, and the braves held on to win the division. The nats were better than the braves though, and they proved it in the playoffs.

Yeah the way it's setup now you just need to get in the playoffs(tournament) and anything can happen.

KOdawg1
06-20-2022, 08:27 AM

Yeah, winning the division isn't as big a deal as it used to be.

Just get a wild card berth and anything can happen.

trob115
06-20-2022, 02:17 PM
Braves are only 6 games back right now, so anything can happen. I think the goal should just be to make the playoffs, then anything can happen. Our pitching will hopefully be in good shape by august for a late season run.

Today mlb rosters officially reduced the number of pitchers a team can carry down to 13.

msstate7
06-30-2022, 08:11 AM
Lead down to 3.

Olson finally taking form

Commercecomet24
06-30-2022, 08:34 AM
Lead down to 3.

Olson finally taking form

21 wins in June so far. That's incredible!

KOdawg1
06-30-2022, 08:49 AM
Y'all see the news about Freddie and his agent? That's sad man. I think we ultimately ended up making the right decision, but it still sucks

starkvegasdawg
06-30-2022, 08:51 AM
Y'all see the news about Freddie and his agent? That's sad man. I think we ultimately ended up making the right decision, but it still sucks

Why I never understood paying somebody large sums of money to make decisions for me. Do like Charles Cross and handle that yourself.

StarkVegasSteve
06-30-2022, 08:58 AM

We did ultimately make the right choice. It sucks, but we got Olson in his absolute prime. And while I do not think Freddie will fall off a cliff, I do think his production is going to start to tail off and that contract might look pretty bad by Year 5.

msstate7
06-30-2022, 09:20 AM
Matzek, jay jackson, and Rosario are on rehab assignments. Soroka expected to start one in July. Help is on the way...

FISHDAWG
06-30-2022, 10:01 AM

no ... can you give a synopsis please

KOdawg1
06-30-2022, 10:13 AM
no ... can you give a synopsis please

Basically, Freddie found out this weekend in Atlanta that his agent never told him about the Braves' final contract offer back when the negotiations were going on. Freddie was lead to believe the Braves just cut ties and moved on... which they did; but they did that after Freddie's agent gave them an ultimatum. Freddie ends up signing a contract with the Dodgers of similar value to the one the Braves offered him. Freddie would've preferred to stay in Atlanta.

Freddie finds about about it and fires his agent this weekend, thus why he looked so bummed out all weekend.

Commercecomet24
06-30-2022, 10:42 AM
Matzek, jay jackson, and Rosario are on rehab assignments. Soroka expected to start one in July. Help is on the way...

Do we need any? I'm only half kidding.

Commercecomet24
06-30-2022, 10:43 AM
Basically, Freddie found out this weekend in Atlanta that his agent never told him about the Braves' final contract offer back when the negotiations were going on. Freddie was lead to believe the Braves just cut ties and moved on... which they did; but they did that after Freddie's agent gave them an ultimatum. Freddie ends up signing a contract with the Dodgers of similar value to the one the Braves offered him. Freddie would've preferred to stay in Atlanta.

Freddie finds about about it and fires his agent this weekend, thus why he looked so bummed out all weekend.

And now his agent is threatening to sue Freddie for his comments and dropping him. As the world turns!

msstate7
07-04-2022, 03:09 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/BnbGsp23/64-E3-DBEB-5910-4-F7-A-9627-9-B6-B9-F69-D9-CC.jpg (https://postimg.cc/BXrzBxh7)

msstate7
07-07-2022, 10:03 AM
Miles Mikolas crying about the braves stepping out of the box last night, lol

shoeless joe
07-07-2022, 09:44 PM
Miles Mikolas crying about the braves stepping out of the box last night, lol

Cardinals are the biggest bitches in baseball and have been for a few years. They were once a hard nose, play the game the right way organization but that seemed to change with shildt and marmol continuing that with his in game interview. And this is without Molina who had become one of the biggest punks in the game in recent years. I’ve said this before but all this is really disappointing to me. I used to enjoy watching my the cardinals and would pull for them when not playing the Braves.

shoeless joe
07-08-2022, 07:22 PM
Also…chip caray is the worst in the game.

Commercecomet24
07-08-2022, 10:09 PM
Also…chip caray is the worst in the game.

Yeah Chip is not good. I miss Skip and Pete and Don and Joe and Ernie.

msstate7
07-09-2022, 07:11 AM
Scherzer vs fried on Monday night to kick off the show down with Mets.
Not sure who Mets throw Tuesday and Wednesday, but braves have strider and Morton scheduled

msstate7
07-10-2022, 04:52 PM
Mets coming to town with braves trailing by 1.5 games...

Monday: scherzer vs fried
Tuesday: Peterson vs strider
Wed: bassitt vs Morton

Commercecomet24
07-10-2022, 04:58 PM
Mets coming to town with braves trailing by 1.5 games...

Monday: scherzer vs fried
Tuesday: Peterson vs strider
Wed: bassitt vs Morton

Gonna be a fun series! Braves rolling!

shoeless joe
07-10-2022, 06:38 PM
Wright and Riley snubbed from all star team. Riley royally snubbed.

I know every team prolly has a complaint but those 2 should be there…and once they figure out who can/can’t pitch wright May very well make it. After last season and his XBH this yr Riley should be there.

shoeless joe
07-10-2022, 07:26 PM
Braves trade for cano. Interesting

msstate7
07-10-2022, 07:46 PM
Braves trade for cano. Interesting

Read on chop country that cano has been red hot at AAA. Maybe he and Arcia can be a capable platoon

shoeless joe
07-10-2022, 08:57 PM
Read on chop country that cano has been red hot at AAA. Maybe he and Arcia can be a capable platoon

I’d hate to give up that much defense for cano to play second. Arcia was huge defensively this past weekend with his arm strength.

I like the move as long as cano fits in the clubhouse. And if he gets hot with his swing he could be a major benefit. And u know he’d like to help take down a Mets team that cut him loose.

msstate7
07-12-2022, 08:09 AM
Not our night...

Fried laid an egg, and this...

https://i.postimg.cc/6pHxvZdv/FC36191-A-EB1-C-48-BA-8411-72-EB283-A2512.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

shoeless joe
07-12-2022, 10:45 AM
General rule is not to take much from a game against a studd that’s got it working. But the Braves approach last nite was horrible. Huge swings, quick outs, with no battling and making sherzer work. Better at bats and could have got another inning or two from their pen.

Win the next two and it won’t matter but was very frustrating last night.

trob115
07-13-2022, 10:13 AM
Braves Kirby Yates is throwing bullpens. The hope is to have him back by middle of August.

FISHDAWG
07-13-2022, 10:25 AM
General rule is not to take much from a game against a studd that?s got it working. But the Braves approach last nite was horrible. Huge swings, quick outs, with no battling and making sherzer work. Better at bats and could have got another inning or two from their pen.

Win the next two and it won?t matter but was very frustrating last night.

one down - one to go, and back to 1-1/2 game out ... seems I've seen this movie before

msstate7
07-13-2022, 10:26 AM
Jansen back. O'day to IL

Tater
07-13-2022, 03:45 PM
Mets struggling and slumping.

Braves hottest they've been all year.

Mets win 2. Braves win 1.

#LFGM

msstate7
07-13-2022, 03:46 PM
Mets struggling and slumping.

Braves hottest they've been all year.

Mets win 2. Braves win 1.

#LFGM

Lead 2.5.

I like where braves are.

Commercecomet24
07-13-2022, 06:22 PM
Lead 2.5.

I like where braves are.

Yeah shaved off 8 games of the mets lead. Braves in good shape with half the season left. Also don't have to win the division just get in the postseason tournament(used to be called the playoffs).

KOdawg1
08-01-2022, 05:34 PM
Braves sign honorary Mississippi State Bulldog Austin Riley to a 10 year, $212M extension.

Ensures the Braves have Acuna, Albies, Riley, and Olson in their prime for the next five years or so. It's likely Albies and Acuna's contracts get restructured though, because robbery is being committed with those deals. Regardless, gotta think another WS title is on the horizon.

FISHDAWG
08-02-2022, 07:11 AM
Riley just had a record breaking July ... he's smoking it right now ... Good move on the Braves part but have to admit I didn't know Riley was a bulldog - even if it's honorary

Commercecomet24
08-02-2022, 10:31 AM
Riley just had a record breaking July ... he's smoking it right now ... Good move on the Braves part but have to admit I didn't know Riley was a bulldog - even if it's honorary

Yeah he signed with us but everyone pretty much knew he was a first round pick that wouldn't make it to campus. Dude loves State though! I'm proud for him. Great player but also a great young man!

Bubb Rubb
08-07-2022, 06:32 PM
Lead 2.5.

I like where braves are.

Bump

Tater
08-07-2022, 06:36 PM
Four of Five. Best record in New York now.

Braves just unlucky. They have to play teams like the Mets while the Mets get teams like the Braves on their schedule. Unfair advantage.

Braves like what 21-30 against above .500 teams lmao

Commercecomet24
08-07-2022, 06:49 PM

Braves just unlucky. They have to play teams like the Mets while the Mets get teams like the Braves on their schedule. Unfair advantage.

Braves definitely sucked this weekend and the Mets whipped their butt.

PMDawg
08-08-2022, 12:18 PM

Is there any topic about which you're not an unlikeable jerk? Or is that just who you are in life?

msstate7
08-08-2022, 01:45 PM
Rough week. I expect the braves to respond

Tater
08-08-2022, 03:01 PM
Is there any topic about which you're not an unlikeable jerk? Or is that just who you are in life?

It's telling that you find it being an unlikeable jerk when it's not on "your team"

Do you not like the message or is it actually that you don't like the substance of the message and thus try to go for a character assassination instead.

Tater
08-08-2022, 03:06 PM

I don't. The Braves puffed their record on weak teams (as they should take care of business) but they struggle against better teams. I think the Phillies finish ahead of them and are the bigger threat to the division.

But hey, the Braves could have a few guys get hot again at the right time and win another ring. The beauty of baseball. People can disparage a ring all they want (and you might take what I just said of their ring as an insult) but it isn't. It shows that that can get it done. I just don't see it for the Braves this year. They are set up better to cycle in to the top of the division again once this Mets run ends in 2-3 years, depending on pitching. Right now they're cycling out and dealing with a top 2 team in baseball.

msstate7
08-08-2022, 05:24 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/2jxmJFKP/4-B93-EA56-1660-4678-A140-BE32-E689-DBEF.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Let's see your august Div champ ring?

PMDawg
08-09-2022, 08:50 AM
It's telling that you find it being an unlikeable jerk when it's not on "your team"

Do you not like the message or is it actually that you don't like the substance of the message and thus try to go for a character assassination instead.

Neither really. It has nothing to do with "my team" and everything to do with your lack of character (which I have observed over time based on your own actions). Here are some examples below, all of which make your question hilariously ironic. I could go on and on, but I don't have the time or the desire.

FISHDAWG
08-09-2022, 11:07 AM
Neither really. It has nothing to do with "my team" and everything to do with your lack of character (which I have observed over time based on your own actions). Here are some examples below, all of which make your question hilariously ironic. I could go on and on, but I don't have the time or the desire.

Believe me .... so many of us understand ... there is an ignore feature that helps but folks just keep quoting him sometimes so you still end up seeing what he says anyway

Tater
08-09-2022, 11:53 AM

The fact that you think I'm the asshole on the first one says enough about you. You don't think it's the guy posting a political dig on a non political board. That's you bud.

ETA: It looks like you don't like when I'm telling someone they're being obtuse and a jackass. Ironic, innit?

There's this thing about Mississippi people. They don't know their being an asshole unless you tell them. It's fun that you do seem to get this concept, which I respect. We just differ on who the assholes are. (And before you give me there are assholes everywhere I go speech, there actually aren't. I left Mississippi for a job and found that out. Have you stepped outside the echo humidity chamber that is the Sip?)

Tater
08-09-2022, 12:02 PM
Believe me .... so many of us understand ... there is an ignore feature that helps but folks just keep quoting him sometimes so you still end up seeing what he says anyway

Here we see the wild and rare part fish part dawg explaining how it protects its fragile state of mind by eliminating any chance of a reasonable thought by maintaining its well crafted echo chamber. Exciting stuff, folks.

Tater
08-09-2022, 12:07 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/2jxmJFKP/4-B93-EA56-1660-4678-A140-BE32-E689-DBEF.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

Let's see your august Div champ ring?

Sorry, the only time we get a ring is when a Bucknor gifts it to us.

PMDawg
08-09-2022, 01:02 PM

I get you, but there's no need for me to use the ignore function. Nothing he says bothers me. It's of no consequence and holds zero weight. It's generally nothing but a little fluff built around parroting some buzz words or phrases that he thinks makes him sound intelligent and/or above the people he imagines himself to be talking down too. I probably should've used more tact, but I was just trying to help him see how he comes off. I'll count it as a fruitless endeavor on my part and move on. My conversation with him is over.

msstate7
08-16-2022, 09:55 PM
Word of Michael Harris extension coming out...

https://i.postimg.cc/j2NBy4L9/71-EB93-B4-305-E-4242-A9-A5-42-B9-AE3-E48-C7.jpg (https://postimg.cc/RJSPBf1Q)

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1559729488233172994?s=21&t=pkimcJ2JPGqPbMfhTUm-gg

msstate7
08-16-2022, 10:39 PM
Harris is official

KOdawg1
08-17-2022, 06:01 AM
Braves on an 8 game winning streak. Division lead down to 3.5 games.

trob115
08-17-2022, 11:15 AM
Time to extend Soroka next.

Commercecomet24
08-17-2022, 11:15 AM
Harris is official

Looks like a smart move by both parties. Kids a player!

Commercecomet24
08-17-2022, 11:16 AM
Braves on an 8 game winning streak. Division lead down to 3.5 games.

Need to at very least split the next 2 against Scherzer and Degrom

Tater
08-17-2022, 12:26 PM
Need to at very least split the next 2 against Scherzer and Degrom

I mean if Cookie and Walker are out for a while then the Braves don't need much more to move the needle as long as they can survive their west coast swing and don't get steamrolled by the Phillies in those series.

deGrom about guaranteed to get hurt on that mound. Been waiting for injuries to fully take over the Mets like usual. Annoying. Bats have been dead for the past week against our rivals best pitching. Somehow 2-3 in this 5 game stretch of 4 games with 1 or less runs.

Mets are gonna drop likely 2 of 4 vs. Phils since we're saving deGrom and scherzer for the yanks. Can it be September already? I'm ready for this last tough stretch to be over. Give me 15 in a row against the Nats, Pirates, Cubs, Marlins.

Commercecomet24
08-17-2022, 12:40 PM
I mean if Cookie and Walker are out for a while then the Braves don't need much more to move the needle as long as they can survive their west coast swing and don't get steamrolled by the Phillies in those series.

deGrom about guaranteed to get hurt on that mound. Been waiting for injuries to fully take over the Mets like usual. Annoying. Bats have been dead for the past week against our rivals best pitching. Somehow 2-3 in this 5 game stretch of 4 games with 1 or less runs.

Mets are gonna drop likely 2 of 4 vs. Phils since we're saving deGrom and scherzer for the yanks. Can it be September already? I'm ready for this last tough stretch to be over. Give me 15 in a row against the Nats, Pirates, Cubs, Marlins.

Tough break losing 2 starters 2 nights in a row. Bucks gotta be thinking what can happen next.

MaroonFlounder
08-17-2022, 06:24 PM
There's this thing about Mississippi people. They don't know their being an asshole unless you tell them.

Would I be an asshole if I pointed out that you aren't able to use (there/their/they're) correctly in a sentence?

I'm from Mississippi and I take exception to you insulting us educated Mississippi folks.

Tater
08-17-2022, 07:55 PM
Would I be an asshole if I pointed out that you aren't able to use (there/their/they're) correctly in a sentence?

I'm from Mississippi and I take exception to you insulting us educated Mississippi folks.

Meh. Go for it. I've tried to fix that typing error for years and it just ain't work. It gets the point across when reading so ����*♂️. Grammar nazi-ing text is for 10th grade english teachers.

Tater
08-17-2022, 07:56 PM
Tough break losing 2 starters 2 nights in a row. Bucks gotta be thinking what can happen next.

Literally had to have rain try to prevent another starter from going more than 2 innings.

Also not to overreact but Brett Baty is statistically the best hitting 3rd basemen in NY history.

Commercecomet24
08-18-2022, 09:03 PM
Looks like the Braves ain't quite ready to hand it over to the Mets just yet.

trob115
08-18-2022, 09:07 PM
Almost like they play 162 games. Lots of baseball left to play. Getting 3/4 was big!

msstate7
08-18-2022, 09:12 PM

9-1 since. Still more worried about Phillies, tater?

Tater
08-18-2022, 11:20 PM
9-1 since. Still more worried about Phillies, tater?

Yes lol. You've got a ridiculous schedule coming up. The phillies have one of the easiest. 6 wins against sub .500 teams isn't that impressive. Or should I brag when the mets go on a 14-1 streak in september when we have an easy stretch too?

msstate7
08-19-2022, 06:12 AM
Yes lol. You've got a ridiculous schedule coming up. The phillies have one of the easiest. 6 wins against sub .500 teams isn't that impressive. Or should I brag when the mets go on a 14-1 streak in september when we have an easy stretch too?

I will bet you anything you wanna bet that the Phillies don't catch the braves.

Tater
08-21-2022, 07:35 PM
I will bet you anything you wanna bet that the Phillies don't catch the braves.

After this series we might have just broken the Phil's psyche. What a shitshow of a game today.

msstate7
09-05-2022, 08:46 AM
Lead at 1 game. Need a strong road trip to keep the pressure on the Mets. Ozzie and soroka in Gwinnett, so could have 2 really good players back soon. Jansen is a concern, but hopefully he's gonna figure it out. Yates looked like his old self yesterday, so I'd start upping his workload some.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2022, 11:49 AM
Lead at 1 game. Need a strong road trip to keep the pressure on the Mets. Ozzie and soroka in Gwinnett, so could have 2 really good players back soon. Jansen is a concern, but hopefully he's gonna figure it out. Yates looked like his old self yesterday, so I'd start upping his workload some.

Jansen scares the heck out of me. Even games he saves he doesn't have clean innings. Need to use Iglesias to close. Team is playing so well since the break and over the last month. Mets hearing footsteps.

Tater
09-05-2022, 11:56 AM
Jansen scares the heck out of me. Even games he saves he doesn't have clean innings. Need to use Iglesias to close. Team is playing so well since the break and over the last month. Mets hearing footsteps.

Nats are the Mets kryptonite for some reason. Plus we get a nice rain postponement in Pittsburgh making us have to have another Johnny Wholestaff Doubleheader game. Dumb to drop a series to the Nats after taking a series from the Dodgers but that's baseball.

Mets need to go at minimum 11-2 over this next stretch in particular. Across the 24 games we have left against teams other than the Braves, 20-4 should do it. And it's doable when 7 are the pirates, 5 are the marlins, 3 are the cubs, 3 are the nats. Much easier schedule than an 8 game West coast swing + 7 vs the phillies.

smootness
09-05-2022, 12:06 PM
Nats are the Mets kryptonite for some reason. Plus we get a nice rain postponement in Pittsburgh making us have to have another Johnny Wholestaff Doubleheader game. Dumb to drop a series to the Nats after taking a series from the Dodgers but that's baseball.

Mets need to go at minimum 11-2 over this next stretch in particular. Across the 24 games we have left against teams other than the Braves, 20-4 should do it. And it's doable when 7 are the pirates, 5 are the marlins, 3 are the cubs, 3 are the nats. Much easier schedule than an 8 game West coast swing + 7 vs the phillies.

LOL

msstate7
09-07-2022, 07:20 AM
Jansen looked good last night.
Ozuna coming alive.
Braves and Mets tied for 1st

Commercecomet24
09-07-2022, 08:46 AM
Jansen looked good last night.
Ozuna coming alive.
Braves and Mets tied for 1st

Keep rolling!

Commercecomet24
09-07-2022, 09:14 AM
And now Scherzer goes down with an oblique.

SilentSteel16
09-07-2022, 09:51 AM
Root Root … go ‘Stros

msstate7
09-07-2022, 09:54 AM
And now Scherzer goes down with an oblique.

Marte out at least game 1 after getting hit on hand.

Isn't this the same injury scherzer got earlier this season?

Commercecomet24
09-07-2022, 11:12 AM
Marte out at least game 1 after getting hit on hand.

Isn't this the same injury scherzer got earlier this season?

Yep same and obliques don't heal overnight. That's one of those injuries that hangs on without rest.

trob115
09-07-2022, 01:04 PM
Braves in 6.

Tater
09-07-2022, 02:18 PM
Might as well slump now while we're in the lead.

starkvegasdawg
09-09-2022, 09:07 PM
Playing for sole possession of first tonight. I have to admit I thought this would have been a pipe dream back in May.

msstate7
09-10-2022, 12:34 AM
1st place. Still a ways to go though. Braves are very good

Commercecomet24
09-10-2022, 01:23 AM
And just like that the Mets are in second place

PMDawg
09-10-2022, 09:49 AM
Kind of hard to believe the Braves have made up so much ground since NYM have gotten into their easy stretch of the schedule. But I'll take it.

Tater
10-02-2022, 09:38 PM
Braves are better equipped for the postseason juiced balls. Is what it is. Annoying MLB cant give out consistent baseballs but if they did then the Mets would be struggling for a wildcard cause we can't keep up in the slugfests.

But good luck with Devil Magic Cardinals. It's their storybook year. I'm confident in Citi Field to neutralize the balls enough against SD. Then it's fun against the Dodgers.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 09:39 PM
Hey tater, no one can take that august 4 of 5 from you.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 09:54 PM
Mets, dodgers, and padres all on same side of bracket. I love our position

Commercecomet24
10-02-2022, 09:55 PM

Good thing they don't crown champs in August! Go Braves! Magic number is 1!

Tater
10-02-2022, 09:57 PM

Mets collapse is complete. The only thing that can complete this season would be Judge failing a drug test. Bout as bad of a September as possible. At least Albert hit 700.

msstate7
10-02-2022, 10:00 PM
Mets collapse is complete. The only thing that can complete this season would be Judge failing a drug test. Bout as bad of a September as possible. At least Albert hit 700.

I wouldn't wave the white flag just yet. I still think the dodgers are the best team, and beating them in a 5 game series is easier than 7.

You deserve to be ridiculed though bc I told you the braves would respond, and you said the Phillies (the Phillies lmao!) were the bigger threat.

msstate7
10-03-2022, 10:45 AM
Since the whipping the Mets issued us in august...

Braves 36-13 (.735)
Mets 27-22 (.551)

The Mets are incredibly unlucky that they had a buzzsaw in their division

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 10:50 AM
Since the whipping the Mets issued us in august...

Braves 36-13 (.735)
Mets 27-22 (.551)

The Mets are incredibly unlucky that they had a buzzsaw in their division

I'm not gonna count it until we get this last one done. Looking to the playoffs though, I hope Strider is back and healthy because I don't trust Morton at all. He's good for 2 home runs a game, he just hasn't been the same this year and he's a gopher ball waiting to happen. Honestly I would rather see Elder pitch than Morton but I know that'll never happend. We need Strider back. Fried, Wright and Strider is stout.

MaroonFlounder
10-03-2022, 11:13 AM
Kyle Wright sitting here at 21 wins, I never would have imagined that.

Striders strikeout total is unreal.

I Wish Soroka wasn't one injury after another after another. Ozzie too.

Regardless, This team can do it again. I have no doubts.

msstate7
10-03-2022, 11:15 AM
I'm not gonna count it until we get this last one done. Looking to the playoffs though, I hope Strider is back and healthy because I don't trust Morton at all. He's good for 2 home runs a game, he just hasn't been the same this year and he's a gopher ball waiting to happen. Honestly I would rather see Elder pitch than Morton but I know that'll never happend. We need Strider back. Fried, Wright and Strider is stout.

Hopefully they weren't lying to us about strider. They said he coulda pitched, but just giving him time

Commercecomet24
10-03-2022, 11:16 AM
Hopefully they weren't lying to us about strider. They said he coulda pitched, but just giving him time

Same here. I always worry when they say "yeah he could've played but we're just being cautious", that's never a good sign.

msstate7
10-04-2022, 09:34 PM
Took care of business. On to the playoffs...

Commercecomet24
10-04-2022, 09:44 PM

5 in a row baby!

BrunswickDawg
10-04-2022, 09:47 PM

Never doubted it. Five in a row in the East. Let's make it Back to Back World Series Champs.

And who cares about Judge hitting 62 - Puljos becoming #2 in RBIs, and walking off Sunday night with Waino and Yadi was way more powerful to me (and I say that as an die hard Brave).

Commercecomet24
10-04-2022, 09:48 PM
Never doubted it. Five in a row in the East. Let's make it Back to Back World Series Champs.

And who cares about Judge hitting 62 - Puljos becoming #2 in RBIs, and walking off Sunday night with Waino and Yadi was way more powerful to me (and I say that as an die hard Brave).

I agree with you on all that! 100%

msstate7
10-04-2022, 09:59 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/3R1jC6vj/0-A56953-C-256-E-4178-A21-B-7-DFAB224-E0-CC.jpg (https://postimg.cc/G8BsbXz9)

https://twitter.com/timbritton/status/1577476649741950978?s=46&t=Iu0AnM4yeIzlOlrvRgvEBQ

Commercecomet24
10-04-2022, 10:40 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/3R1jC6vj/0-A56953-C-256-E-4178-A21-B-7-DFAB224-E0-CC.jpg (https://postimg.cc/G8BsbXz9)

https://twitter.com/timbritton/status/1577476649741950978?s=46&t=Iu0AnM4yeIzlOlrvRgvEBQ

LOL!!!

BoomBoom
10-05-2022, 08:50 AM
Same here. I always worry when they say "yeah he could've played but we're just being cautious", that's never a good sign.

They haven't said it, but total innings pitched for the year probably plays into it as well.

msstate7
10-05-2022, 08:52 AM
AA said last night that strider was looking good for NLCS, but then corrected himself to NLDS. He said Ozzie would be at best NLCS

msstate7
10-05-2022, 08:53 AM
Strider is very important to our WS chances

Commercecomet24
10-05-2022, 10:01 AM
Strider is very important to our WS chances

Yes, huge!

PMDawg
10-05-2022, 10:13 AM
A month ago, the Cardinals were my biggest fear in the NL. They were hot. They've cooled off a bit lately, hope that trend continues.

trob115
10-09-2022, 09:27 PM
Looks like the Mets season is now officially over. I honestly thought they had a decent chance to knock off LA had they won their wildcard series.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 09:31 PM
Looks like the Mets season is now officially over. I honestly thought they had a decent chance to knock off LA had they won their wildcard series.

Naw mets folded like a cheap umbrella down the stretch and losing to the Padres made the collapse complete. Their gazillion dollar pitching staff crapped the bed when it counted most.

msstate7
10-09-2022, 09:33 PM
Hopefully the braves don't follow the Mets to the exit. First 2 games are day games, and the braves have been miserable in day games

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 09:35 PM
Hopefully the braves don't follow the Mets to the exit. First 2 games are day games, and the braves have been miserable in day games

Nola and wheeler won't be pitching until Wednesday at earliest so that helps

msstate7
10-09-2022, 09:36 PM
Nola and wheeler won't be pitching either of first 2 so that helps a bunch

Wheeler should be Wednesday, right? That would be on regular rest

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 09:38 PM
Wheeler should be Wednesday, right? That would be on regular rest

Yeah I miscounted and changed the post after I looked at it so yeah wheeler should go Wednesday.

Commercecomet24
10-09-2022, 09:39 PM
Need strider back bad he's owned the Phillies

Tater
10-10-2022, 12:13 AM
Naw mets folded like a cheap umbrella down the stretch and losing to the Padres made the collapse complete. Their gazillion dollar pitching staff crapped the bed when it counted most.

Played the first game with the juiced balls and complained to get them swapped back to the grippier-pitcher friendly balls. Then just hit balls all night right to Padres players while they hit em where they ain't. Got baseballed. (The grippier ball explains the spin rate uptick that Musgrove had tonight, not the Icyhot on his ears.)

I hope MLB sticks with one ball next year. I don't care which. It's crap to have shit changed. Mets are set up to suck with the homerun inducing balls that MLB wants to push, but I'd rather that than swapping between them and seeing wildly different spin rates when the grippy balls come in and you have to question an all time great performance by a guy. Mets wouldn't have even made the playoffs and Judge probably threatens Bonds record with a full season of those balls, but at least it's consistent and fair. The swapping is the unfair part. Let this team be either the 80 win team it is giving up several homers or the 120 WS Champs it would be if no one could touch the spin from the pitcher. Don't change the product on a whim. Then you become NASCAR with the tinkering.

msstate7
10-10-2022, 08:27 AM
Braves extend strider, 6-years 75 million. Braves really look like they're gonna be a contender for at least 5-6 more years

smootness
10-10-2022, 09:10 AM
Strider should be good to go.

Need the G1 win, then I’d go Wright in G2 and give Strider the extra rest to either take the sweep or put us back up 2-1 if we lose G2.

msstate7
10-10-2022, 09:14 AM
Strider should be good to go.

Need the G1 win, then I’d go Wright in G2 and give Strider the extra rest to either take the sweep or put us back up 2-1 if we lose G2.

Wright is a groundball pitcher though, so I can see using him in citizens. I'm fine with either one in game 2

KOdawg1
10-10-2022, 09:27 AM
Wonder if this means a Fried extension won't happen.

Which if I have to choose one to extend, it's Strider, but I'd like to keep Max too.

BrunswickDawg
10-10-2022, 09:31 AM
Wright is a groundball pitcher though, so I can see using him in citizens. I'm fine with either one in game 2

Wright has also been good in day games - 6-2 with a 3.38 era

msstate7
10-10-2022, 09:33 AM
Wright has also been good in day games - 6-2 with a 3.38 era

Nice find.

msstate7
10-10-2022, 09:33 AM

Which if I have to choose one to extend, it's Strider, but I'd like to keep Max too.

I don't think fried is willing unless it's a monster

BrunswickDawg
10-10-2022, 09:34 AM

I'd say at this point it may be a Max decision. He's arbitration eligible this season, so he may be looking to see where the numbers are set before he looks at an extension.

BoomBoom
10-10-2022, 11:41 AM
Braves extend strider, 6-years 75 million. Braves really look like they're gonna be a contender for at least 5-6 more years

I don't get this deal. The savings for the team are minimal, even if Strider stays healthy and is a beast. One FA year at $20M+, and he gets a $5M buyout of it if he's not healthy or a bust? Great deal for Strider.

BrunswickDawg
10-10-2022, 12:20 PM
I don't get this deal. The savings for the team are minimal, even if Strider stays healthy and is a beast. One FA year at $20M+, and he gets a $5M buyout of it if he's not healthy or a bust? Great deal for Strider.

Takes him out of the arbitration guessing game. I think that the Braves are taking a strategy of if they earn it, pay them early, and hope they keep that in mind in 6 years, and maybe give a home town discount to keep winning on a solidly built team.
Baring injury, this core group they've locked up is going to be contending every year.

Commercecomet24
10-10-2022, 12:22 PM
Takes him out of the arbitration guessing game. I think that the Braves are taking a strategy of if they earn it, pay them early, and hope they keep that in mind in 6 years, and maybe give a home town discount to keep winning on a solidly built team.
Baring injury, this core group they've locked up is going to be contending every year.

This.

BoomBoom
10-10-2022, 12:57 PM

Yeah, but they're taking him out of that guessing game by just paying him the max he could earn. I don't see the upside.

BoomBoom
10-10-2022, 08:06 PM
Yeah, but they're taking him out of that guessing game by just paying him the max he could earn. I don't see the upside.

Looking at this a little deeper, cause I still don't get it. They will pay $1M per for his 2 remaining pre-arb years. Ok, standard. $4M for his 1st arbitration year. Ok, again standard. Then, $20M for 2nd arbitration year, $22M for 3rd, and $22M for 1 FA year. (For comparison, Fried is projected to get $12M for his 3rd arb year. )
$22M option for 2nd FA year, with $5M buyout. So, if he's a bust or just average, that's $69M or $23M a year for the last 3 years, when you could have had it for probably $15M total. All to "get" one FA year and 1 option year at $22M each. I guess there's upside there, as that's basically what Morton is costing these days. But very little, as even pitching to Fried level you're overpaying him by $10-15M for his arbitration years. If he's the equivalent of a $30M per year pitcher (Bauer, DeGrom), you're just breaking even.

I know he's been a stud this year, but I don't think any pitcher is worth guaranteeing stud money to 6-7 years down the road.

BoomBoom
10-11-2022, 04:45 PM
Terrible strike call against Contreras cost us a couple runs in the first. At least we fought back at the end. Put some fear back in em. Go get em tomorrow.

msstate7
10-11-2022, 04:54 PM
Snit did some questionable moves today...

Used Chavez in the crucial spot vs their best guys instead of mchugh who he used once the Phillies were up comfortably.

Then with runners on 1st and 2nd, he pH Grissom for grossman. Grossman is on the postseason roster bc he hits lhp, but got ph for a lhp. Bc snit ph Grissom, he had to immediately burn our only lh ph (Rosario) to play lf for Grissom. If grossman was hurt, you ph ozuna.

Commercecomet24
10-11-2022, 05:38 PM
Snit did some questionable moves today...

Used Chavez in the crucial spot vs their best guys instead of mchugh who he used once the Phillies were up comfortably.

Then with runners on 1st and 2nd, he pH Grissom for grossman. Grossman is on the postseason roster bc he hits lhp, but got ph for a lhp. Bc snit ph Grissom, he had to immediately burn our only lh ph (Rosario) to play lf for Grissom. If grossman was hurt, you ph ozuna.

Definitely some head scratchers but Braves literally gave that one away. Error by max, left a village on base, etc. he managed about like played. Just a bad day.

msstate7
10-13-2022, 06:59 AM
Braves came through against the Phillies' best pitcher. Now all the pressure shifts to the Phillies in game 3 with their 2nd best (Nola) on the mound. Bowman thinks it'll be Morton for braves. If it is Morton, that tells me strider is most likely pen this series

BrunswickDawg
10-13-2022, 07:05 AM
Braves came through against the Phillies' best pitcher. Now all the pressure shifts to the Phillies in game 3 with their 2nd best (Nola) on the mound. Bowman thinks it'll be Morton for braves. If it is Morton, that tells me strider is most likely pen this series

Stellar defense by our Honorary Dog and by my fellow MHS Blue Devil last night. We need to lock up Dansby.

I think they are holding Strider just to make sure. Last thing you want is to sign him to a big deal and then blow him out. Personally, I'd hold him to a potential Game 5, and if they don't have one let him start in the NLCS.

msstate7
10-13-2022, 07:08 AM
Stellar defense by our Honorary Dog and by my fellow MHS Blue Devil last night. We need to lock up Dansby.

I think they are holding Strider just to make sure. Last thing you want is to sign him to a big deal and then blow him out. Personally, I'd hold him to a potential Game 5, and if they don't have one let him start in the NLCS.

I want dansby back too. With the shift being banned, Swanson's value is gonna go up. I'd settle for trea turner too though haha