PDA

View Full Version : Braves 2022 regular season - going for a repeat

Pages : 1 [2]

KOdawg1
10-13-2022, 07:22 AM
I want dansby back too. With the shift being banned, Swanson's value is gonna go up. I'd settle for trea turner too though haha
Yeah there really is no losing between Swanson, Correa, and Turner. Just get one of them

dawgday166
10-13-2022, 07:47 AM
I want dansby back too. With the shift being banned, Swanson's value is gonna go up. I'd settle for trea turner too though haha

Don't keep up with baseball anymore but curious ... do you mean the shift used sometimes when straight pull hitters come to plate?

msstate7
10-13-2022, 07:51 AM
Don't keep up with baseball anymore but curious ... do you mean the shift used sometimes when straight pull hitters come to plate?

Yes. You will have to have 2 infielders on each side of 2nd base next season. Pretty sure you can put them in short rf either

dawgday166
10-13-2022, 08:07 AM
Yes. You will have to have 2 infielders on each side of 2nd base next season. Pretty sure you can put them in short rf either

Did you mean "can't put them in short rf either"?

This is a stupid rule. That's like saying 4 or 5 guys on defense have to be on LOS in a football game. Just totally stupid rule IMO. You should be allowed to line up however you want when playing defense.

msstate7
10-13-2022, 08:14 AM
Did you mean "can't put them in short rf either"?

This is a stupid rule. That's like saying 4 or 5 guys on defense have to be on LOS in a football game. Just totally stupid rule IMO. You should be allowed to line up however you want when playing defense.

Yes, i meant to say what you wrote.

I'm not sure what to think of the rule yet. Waiting to see how it affects the game first

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 08:42 AM

Yeah we need to keep Dansby.

trob115
10-13-2022, 08:49 AM
I was hoping we'd pitch Strider tomorrow. Morton has been bad against Philly this year.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 08:52 AM
I was hoping we'd pitch Strider tomorrow. Morton has been bad against Philly this year.

Me too. Morton gives up to many home runs and pitching in that small ballpark is not a good matchup.

msstate7
10-13-2022, 08:56 AM

Bowman is just guessing. Nothing is decided yet... well publicly

msstate7
10-13-2022, 08:58 AM
Me too. Morton gives up to many home runs and pitching in that small ballpark is not a good matchup.

He will have to pitch one of them in Philly unless you want odorizzi.

All we realistically need from Morton is 4 innings...

Morton for 4
Lee for 1
Mchugh for 1
Iglesias/minter for 1
Iglesias/minter for 1
Jansen for 1

Morton has been really good against rhh and a playoff boss. Hopefully he can do it again

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 09:01 AM
He will have to pitch one of them in Philly unless you want odorizzi.

All we realistically need from Morton is 4 innings...

Morton for 4
Lee for 1
Mchugh for 1
Iglesias/minter for 1
Iglesias/minter for 1
Jansen for 1

Morton has been really good against rhh and a playoff boss. Hopefully he can do it again

Oh I know but I would prefer if we could go with Strider and win game 3 before Morton pitches, so we'd be up 2-1, but best laid plans and all that. Charley just scares me with all the gopher balls he gives up. He's good for 2 a game

msstate7
10-13-2022, 09:09 AM
Oh boy...

Charlie vs Phillies overall in 2022...
6.75 era
1.97 whip

At Philadelphia 2022...
7.05 era
1.83 whip

I don't think we can start him in game 3.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 09:13 AM
Oh boy...

6.75 era
1.97 whip

At Philadelphia 2022...
7.05 era
1.83 whip

Yeah we really need Strider back. Makes you almost wish you'd started Charley for one game in Atlanta. He's no good at philly.

msstate7
10-13-2022, 09:16 AM
Odorizzi was blasted in Philly, but had a nice start Vs Philly in Atlanta. He may be an option no one is talking about

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 09:19 AM
Odorizzi was blasted in Philly, but had a nice start Vs Philly in Atlanta. He may be an option no one is talking about

We're kinda of in a bind right now. Morton has not been good, Odorizzi has been mediocre at best. We really need Strider but he may not be available, and Strider has owned the phillies.

msstate7
10-13-2022, 09:40 AM
Oh boy...

6.75 era
1.97 whip

At Philadelphia 2022...
7.05 era
1.83 whip

Digging in a little on these starts... in his last 4 starts vs Philly:

1 er thru 5 ip
0 er thru 4 ip, 5 er in 5th
0 er thru 5 ip
5 er thru 5 ip (3 er in 3 ip)

This makes me feel a little better. If we make sure to take him out at first sign of trouble after 4 ip, he should be ok.

MaroonFlounder
10-13-2022, 09:41 AM
What happened to Ian Anderson?????

msstate7
10-13-2022, 09:44 AM
What happened to Ian Anderson?????

Lost control and was sent down at the break. He got injured, and he's out till 2023. Wouldn't surprise me if he's done as a brave

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 09:56 AM
Digging in a little on these starts... in his last 4 starts vs Philly:

1 er thru 5 ip
0 er thru 4 ip, 5 er in 5th
0 er thru 5 ip
5 er thru 5 ip (3 er in 3 ip)

This makes me feel a little better. If we make sure to take him out at first sign of trouble after 4 ip, he should be ok.

If he starts we cannot leave him in if he gets in trouble, to many home runs and the game can get away quick. Heck I'd almost rather see Bryce Elder(I know he's not on the postseason roster) than Morton or Odorizzi. His sinker would play well in that little ball park. I just don't trust Charley or Odorizzi at this point, but hey maybe playoff Charley will show up because he has a history of being a money pitcher.

Commercecomet24
10-13-2022, 09:58 AM
Lost control and was sent down at the break. He got injured, and he's out till 2023. Wouldn't surprise me if he's done as a brave

So much talent in Anderson but he's been such an enigma. Looks great for stretches but throws way to many pitches and has trouble putting hitters away. Nibbles to much. You would think someone that throws mid 90s and has a plus plus changeup would be almost unhittable but gets behind in counts to much and just doesn't attack hitters.

trob115
10-13-2022, 10:26 AM
After looking at those recent stats,
I guess we go with Morton and hope he gives us 4 or 5 good innings. Going up 2-1 would be huge.

SilentSteel16
10-14-2022, 08:22 AM
If he starts we cannot leave him in if he gets in trouble, to many home runs and the game can get away quick. Heck I'd almost rather see Bryce Elder(I know he's not on the postseason roster) than Morton or Odorizzi. His sinker would play well in that little ball park. I just don't trust Charley or Odorizzi at this point, but hey maybe playoff Charley will show up because he has a history of being a money pitcher.

Morton is awesome, met him a couple of times, he is one of the most down to earth and genuine people you will meet. Glad Houston got him back on track, I hated to lose him. Hope he has a great game. Will always be a fan of him no matter what team he is on. Perseverance and strength of character will take you a long way in baseball and life.

msstate7
10-14-2022, 09:04 AM
Strider today
Morton tomorrow

BrunswickDawg
10-14-2022, 09:22 AM
Morton is awesome, met him a couple of times, he is one of the most down to earth and genuine people you will meet. Glad Houston got him back on track, I hated to lose him. Hope he has a great game. Will always be a fan of him no matter what team he is on. Perseverance and strength of character will take you a long way in baseball and life.

Two Braves farm hands I wish we had been able to have their whole careers - Morton and Wainwright. I'm still bitter about that Wano trade

Commercecomet24
10-14-2022, 09:28 AM
Two Braves farm hands I wish we had been able to have their whole careers - Morton and Wainwright. I'm still bitter about that Wano trade

100%

BrunswickDawg
10-14-2022, 10:26 AM
100%

Just to add - Wainwright is a real great guy too. Gives back a ton to the community here and in St. Louis. I'm working with his team now on a rezoning for an intercity farming project that will work with our school system and Boys & Girls Clubs. Between him, Darius Slay and his Coastal Outreach Soccer program (yes you read that right, soccer), and Davis Love, we have some great athlete role models for the community

FISHDAWG
10-14-2022, 11:32 AM
Just saw where Bruce Sutter died @69 ... king of the split finger fast ball

Commercecomet24
10-14-2022, 11:40 AM
Just saw where Bruce Sutter died @69 ... king of the split finger fast ball

I saw that too. Man he was so dominant with that split finger in the late 70's to early 80's. RIP, Bruce. Childhood memories come flooding back every time one of these guys from that era passes.

parabrave
10-14-2022, 06:06 PM
A young Pitcher to look out for is Brooks Wilson. He was a dominate reliever in AA and has done pretty good at the AAA level.

Tater
10-15-2022, 03:29 PM
The phillies man. Sometimes you just know.

(here's your gift jinx. good luck)

Commercecomet24
10-15-2022, 03:38 PM
The phillies man. Sometimes you just know.

(here's your gift jinx. good luck)

Mets and Braves both looked like tired teams during playoffs. Just goes to show you all you have to do is get in the tournament to have a chance. Looks like Dodgers are going down too. All 100 win teams will be gone if Dodgers lose .

Tater
10-15-2022, 03:47 PM
Mets and Braves both looked like tired teams during playoffs. Just goes to show you all you have to do is get in the tournament to have a chance. Looks like Dodgers are going down too. All 100 win teams will be gone if Dodgers lose .

Yep. Mets were running on E after we won our World series 4-1 over the braves. Is what it is. Baseball is a streaky sport.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2022, 03:48 PM
Yep. Mets were running on E after we won our World series 4-1 over the braves. Is what it is. Baseball is a streaky sport.

Man you got that right! The streakiest of all sports.

And as Crash Davis said "you never mess with a streak".

Tater
10-15-2022, 04:27 PM
Braves �� Mets

Winning 100+ regular season games but only 1 postseason game (against a team that didn't win their division no less).

Sheesh

Ok Victory lap over. **** the Phils. Let's hope the Mariners figure shit out or the Guardians keep it going.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2022, 04:42 PM
Braves �� Mets

Winning 100+ regular season games but only 1 postseason game (against a team that didn't win their division no less).

Sheesh

Ok Victory lap over. **** the Phils. Let's hope the Mariners figure shit out or the Guardians keep it going.

Is cliche as it is "that's baseball". It's just unexplainable sometimes. The third best team in the division still playing lol! Yeah I hate the Phillies too! I'm pulling for Padres, Mariners and Gurdians.

trob115
10-15-2022, 05:20 PM
Good point CC. We looked gassed the entire series. Couple that with our bats disappearing and we didn't have much of a chance. Riley going 6-52 is awful.

I personally think Ronald's knee is bothering him too. The outfield lapses would explain it being sore/hurt.

BoomBoom
10-15-2022, 07:13 PM
Is cliche as it is "that's baseball". It's just unexplainable sometimes. The third best team in the division still playing lol! Yeah I hate the Phillies too! I'm pulling for Padres, Mariners and Gurdians.

It's called bad playoff design.

Commercecomet24
10-15-2022, 07:15 PM
It's called bad playoff design.

Post season tournament.

SilentSteel16
10-19-2022, 01:42 AM
Go ‘Stros….. root baby root

SilentSteel16
10-19-2022, 01:47 AM

I believe you forgot one other 100 plus win team, they were written off at beginning of the year, but banded together and played together all year. That is why you have to play the games. Go ‘Stros

Commercecomet24
10-19-2022, 08:38 AM
I believe you forgot one other 100 plus win team, they were written off at beginning of the year, but banded together and played together all year. That is why you have to play the games. Go ‘Stros

My bad what I meant to say was national league teams. Please anyone but the Yankees or Phillies win the whole thing.