PDA

View Full Version : Fristoe

Homedawg
04-03-2022, 06:26 PM
Grew up today. He was legit. Keep it up and we have a chance.

Hambone
04-03-2022, 06:35 PM
He’s a bust, haven’t you read the board?

662dawg
04-03-2022, 06:36 PM

Against Memphis as well.

Homedawg
04-03-2022, 06:43 PM
For the first time I can remember, he commanded his fastball, for the most part. Wasn't perfect, but w his stuff doesn't have to be. And he competed. He can be big time. Cade is gonna cade. Won't have to question his effort or if he's competing or not. Gonna get it every time. Love that kid.

Homedawg
04-03-2022, 06:44 PM
Against Memphis as well.

True and he did. But this was big time baseball vs a hostile environment. Memphis was a layup.

R2Dawg
04-03-2022, 06:46 PM
It may take half the year but we may see a few arms grown up with Sims, Simmons, etc. being gone. I see no way we make Omaha but would love a stretch host regional - a real stretch at this point, just make a regional anywhere.

parabrave
04-03-2022, 06:52 PM
One huge difference about Cade and the other starters is he doesn't fall apart when things go bad. He manned up in the 3rd and 4th got out of those innings without getting slammed and giving up 6 more runs. And he only had 3 walks in 5 innings. When you throw strikes hits are going to happen. Home runs are going to happen but whats important is how the pitcher reacts to them.

KOdawg1
04-03-2022, 06:55 PM
He's provided much needed bullpen stability.

Him and Auger seem to be getting it done. Need one or two more guys to step up. Tullar isn't an option. Brandon Smith is alright but he gets hit hard. I'm still holding out hope for Tepper because he's got the stuff.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2022, 07:16 PM

This. IF he and Auger continue to pitch this way we have a solid backend of the pen. He competed his butt off today and challenged hitters finally. Was good to see!

Homedawg
04-03-2022, 07:36 PM
It may take half the year but we may see a few arms grown up with Sims, Simmons, etc. being gone. I see no way we make Omaha but would love a stretch host regional - a real stretch at this point, just make a regional anywhere.

Just get in a regional. We have no shot to host.

Schultzy
04-03-2022, 07:48 PM

Yep, and it’s important for returners to have that experience if we can get it done and if this team gets a 2nd season it could be a tough out somewhere. Nobody wants to get paired with a 2 or 3 seed Mississippi State that’s found it’s identity.

Commercecomet24
04-03-2022, 08:11 PM
At this point it's just get into the post season whatever it takes just make a regional. I believe we'll wind up with about 33-34 wins and 14 or 15 wins in conference.

basedog
04-03-2022, 08:28 PM
At this point it's just get into the post season whatever it takes just make a regional. I believe we'll wind up with about 33-34 wins and 14 or 15 wins in conference.

Just gotta cut down on walking batters and hit batsman and get more clutch hitting and cut down on our K’s.

Coach34
04-03-2022, 08:32 PM
I told Ari and ISeenIt last weekend after Fristoe got the win after giving up some runs that a win like that can help a pitcher and put them at ease. They agreed of course.

Today he looked like he was supposed to. Maybe last weekend chipped off some of that pressure or bad voodoo he may have been feeling

shoeless joe
04-03-2022, 08:44 PM
He’s got the stuff. Mental make up has always been the question mark. An outing like today is a HUGE positive for a guy like him. He works off confidence. And that confidence had taken a hit. Stuff was still there tho. And today he harnessed it and was by far the mvp of the game.

Polk said it best when he came in in the 9th. He said we were putting our chips on the his stuff outweighs his struggles basket and hoping for some strikeouts. Boy did it pay off.

And a big thank you to the first two hitters for Arkansas on the 12th. Nothin like two pitches two fly outs to help seal the deal.

Todd4State
04-03-2022, 10:02 PM
Fristoe is coming along and it's great to see. He built off of his outing against Memphis but the biggest thing is he did it for three innings.

Todd4State
04-03-2022, 10:10 PM

It's a long shot. But if we win one of the next two series and sweep one of the others while beating UT-Martin and UAB we'll make a big jump. Our RPI sits at 73 currently. I'm guessing we need to get to 18 SEC wins to get in that discussion. It will be tough.

Even if we don't and we get to the .500 mark in SEC play that should be enough to get us in as a 2 seed somewhere.

The Federalist Engineer
04-04-2022, 12:24 AM
It's a long shot. But if we win one of the next two series and sweep one of the others while beating UT-Martin and UAB we'll make a big jump. Our RPI sits at 73 currently. I'm guessing we need to get to 18 SEC wins to get in that discussion. It will be tough.

Even if we don't and we get to the .500 mark in SEC play that should be enough to get us in as a 2 seed somewhere.

If the SEC gets 9 to 10 regional participants and 7 hosts, like 2018, 2019 and 2021, then MSU has this threshold:

14 wins has been the cut-off to be selected, 13 wins is borderline

R2Dawg
04-04-2022, 07:55 PM
I told Ari and ISeenIt last weekend after Fristoe got the win after giving up some runs that a win like that can help a pitcher and put them at ease. They agreed of course.

Today he looked like he was supposed to. Maybe last weekend chipped off some of that pressure or bad voodoo he may have been feeling

Fristoe pitched with an edge like he owned the mound. He showed a confidence that a good pitcher has to have. He may have turned a corner. If he did, we just got a lot better.