PDA

View Full Version : TN caught using an illegal bat?

Hambone
04-02-2022, 03:41 AM
Hadn?t seen this here yet. Wonder if anything will come of this?

https://twitter.com/treywallace_/status/1510032006532505612?s=21&t=KMYfIxfdgzTBz766zOJTog

TNDawg35
04-02-2022, 05:57 AM
Supposedly the sticker where they ok the bats had come off or it was never applied from the mid week game. I wouldn’t put it past them to be using loaded bags tho. They sure are raking this year with some home runs…

SaintDawg
04-02-2022, 09:51 AM
Alls I know is, history shows that when a school not known for winning in a specific sport begins dominating in said specific sport, something is always up and smells fishy. Only difference is that in this day and age the ncaa no longer has the power it once did to root it out.

OLJWales
04-02-2022, 10:30 AM
Alls I know is, history shows that when a school not known for winning in a specific sport begins dominating in said specific sport, something is always up and smells fishy. Only difference is that in this day and age the ncaa no longer has the power it once did to root it out.

I doubt the NCAA will ignore loaded bats if that's the case here. Didn't they confiscate the bat for examination? If so, what's up with that?

Cooterpoot
04-02-2022, 11:53 AM
Bat was taken. So if there is an issue, everyone will know.

SaintDawg
04-02-2022, 01:58 PM
I doubt the NCAA will ignore loaded bats if that's the case here. Didn't they confiscate the bat for examination? If so, what's up with that?
They ignored a head coach paying players at LSU for years. Just sayin... ncaa is toothless now

Commercecomet24
04-02-2022, 03:44 PM
Just about every level of baseball players are using doctored bats. From little league on up.

BrunswickDawg
04-02-2022, 05:59 PM
Just about every level of baseball players are using doctored bats. From little league on up.

Pop the end off that Easton green and fill it with tennis balls!

Commercecomet24
04-02-2022, 06:29 PM

Seen it done many many times lol

Saltydog
04-02-2022, 06:45 PM

That makes the bat way too heavy though. Now, it's all about bat rolling and shaving. I know local people who do it and make quite a bit on the side.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2022, 07:03 PM
That makes the bat way too heavy though. Now, it's all about bat rolling and shaving. I know local people who do it and make quite a bit on the side.

This is what used to be done years ago not today, and it worked. As you said it's rolling and shaving now. Lighter bat, thinner wall increases rebound effect off the barrel

dawgoneyall
04-02-2022, 07:05 PM
Tenn cheating...and water is wet (well most of the time)

Saltydog
04-03-2022, 10:16 PM
We used to do the tennis ball thing years ago when I was playing a lot of softball. For 2 1/4" bats racquetballs were perfect! You name it and I tried it back in the day. Everything from the tennis balls to baking and microwaving the balls to shaving the bats to changing the stamps on the balls! This was mid 90's and I hated playing left side of the infield! What we were doing everybody else was too. It was fairly easy to crack a shaved bat, especially when it was colder!

Commercecomet24
04-03-2022, 10:24 PM
We used to do the tennis ball thing years ago when I was playing a lot of softball. For 2 1/4" bats racquetballs were perfect! You name it and I tried it back in the day. Everything from the tennis balls to baking and microwaving the balls to shaving the bats to changing the stamps on the balls! This was mid 90's and I hated playing left side of the infield! What we were doing everybody else was too. It was fairly easy to crack a shaved bat, especially when it was colder!

Lol I did all those same things too! I played a lot of softball early 90s to late 90s. I played ss back then when I could still move around pretty good and those balls come at you pretty dang quick lol! Man I've seen those shaved bats just about explode especially when it was cold. Fun times!

Cooterpoot
04-03-2022, 10:40 PM
Bats are tested regularly in the SEC. Even NAIA requires it now. It's hard to cheat with an illegal bat at the college level.
HS and travel is eat up with them. Hell, people pay big money for a showcase bat that might not even survive the showcase.

Leroy Jenkins
04-04-2022, 06:59 AM
NCAA bat testing protocol.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/championships/sports/baseball/rules/PRMBB_BatBarrelCompressionTesting.pdf

OLJWales
04-04-2022, 11:54 AM
So was the TN bat in question examined?