PDA

View Full Version : The fat boy 1st baseman for Samford last year would fit in great with us.

Saltydog
03-31-2022, 07:02 PM
Put him in a sleeveless shirt and he's a beer league softball legend. In all seriousness, wish we had him. He's hitting over .450. I remember seeing him last year in the regionals and thought he had graduated.

Rawdawg
03-31-2022, 09:24 PM
He called us asking to transfer and we declined.

Cowbell
03-31-2022, 10:06 PM
He called us asking to transfer and we declined.
You serious Clark?

TNDawg35
04-01-2022, 12:20 AM
You serious Clark?

Oh yea didn’t you know. We already had a 1b in Hancock. Mr Rollover and pop out… No matter we have a better one DHing right now…

I honestly don’t get that move. Let Hines ply first and let Hancock DH. Why are we so dead set on he has to play 1st?

Saltydog
04-01-2022, 08:08 AM
Oh yea didn?t you know. We already had a 1b in Hancock. Mr Rollover and pop out? No matter we have a better one DHing right now?

I honestly don?t get that move. Let Hines ply first and let Hancock DH. Why are we so dead set on he has to play 1st?

If I'm guessing, Hancock is probably just a better defender. I'd let Hunter play 1b during the mid-week though, at least some.

Homedawg
04-01-2022, 09:47 AM
Oh yea didn’t you know. We already had a 1b in Hancock. Mr Rollover and pop out… No matter we have a better one DHing right now…

I honestly don’t get that move. Let Hines ply first and let Hancock DH. Why are we so dead set on he has to play 1st?
We can't. If you do that and Tanner goes down, you're losing the dh. It's not like Hancock is garbage at first. But we are doing it like we have to.

Homedawg
04-01-2022, 09:47 AM
If I'm guessing, Hancock is probably just a better defender. I'd let Hunter play 1b during the mid-week though, at least some.

And we have.... several times

Rawdawg
04-01-2022, 12:47 PM
You serious Clark?

Sure am

The Federalist Engineer
04-01-2022, 01:47 PM
Sure am

Bad Business - I guess the coaches had Hancock, Hines, Downs, Alford, and Von Seibert. Felt loaded at 1B or thought that a mature Hancock would be hitting 350 and 12 HR this year.

Please don't tell me we rejected some non basket-case pitchers that throw strikes or something.

MaroonFlounder
04-01-2022, 04:11 PM
You talkin' bout the guy Auburn has at 1st base, Sonny Dichiara?

Yes, I'd like to see him in M&W.

He's listed at 6'1" 263, but that's prob 50 LBS under his true weight.

Saltydog
04-01-2022, 04:22 PM
You talkin' bout the guy Auburn has at 1st base, Sonny Dichiara?

Yes, I'd like to see him in M&W.

He's listed at 6'1" 263, but that's prob 50 LBS under his true weight.

Yep, that's him.........Doughboy can rake........

Leeshouldveflanked
04-02-2022, 06:51 AM
A team like MSU should be able to pick up some big time studs every year in the Transfer Portal. Seems like we picked up some Duds this year.

Rawdawg
04-02-2022, 07:26 AM
We were contacted by a lot of kids in the transfer portal.

The Federalist Engineer
04-02-2022, 08:51 AM
We were contacted by a lot of kids in the transfer portal.

That could be good, we have to reboot pitching. About 1/2 the staff roster spots should be in play.

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2022, 08:30 PM
A team like MSU should be able to pick up some big time studs every year in the Transfer Portal. Seems like we picked up some Duds this year.

I don't like transfer portal pitchers. In most cases you're bringing in some other team's 8th or 9th best arm or a head case.

I'd go with JUCO guys. Harding last year, and Brooks Auger this year. Those kinds of guys.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-02-2022, 10:07 PM

Yeager was a good pickup. If there was a better 2B transfer to grab, I doubt he's much better that Yeager.

Jess Davis is what's hard for me to buy... there's not a single CF that can hit in the portal? Really?