PDA

View Full Version : Pack flips from Fl state to guess who??

preachermatt83
11-22-2013, 09:48 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3562114/and-so-it-begins-o.gif

msstate7
11-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Well if I'm a wr, I'd rather have Bo than Winston (assuming he's a free man) throwing me the ball. Wouldn't you?**

preachermatt83
11-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Well if I'm a wr, I'd rather have Bo than Winston (assuming he's a free man) throwing me the ball. Wouldn't you?**

Sure!!! No way i'd want to compete for a natty championship**

RougeDawg
11-22-2013, 10:16 PM
The bear bag distributors recruit momma, FSU better get with the program.

slickdawg
11-22-2013, 10:25 PM
http://withfriendship.com/images/i/43992/Shock-and-awe-picture.jpg

Madkinmecrazy
11-22-2013, 10:28 PM
thi$ i$ $candalou$

I'minHailState
11-22-2013, 10:30 PM
There are more $'s in Ole Mi$$ than F$U.
Seriously though, why would you turn down a national title contender to go lose to Vandy every other year. Real damn bright that one.

BossDawg
11-22-2013, 10:33 PM
Sure!!! No way i'd want to compete for a natty championship**

It's about who showers who with the most attention, and if it's one thing UM folks excel at, it's making these young boys being pimped out by Scout and Rivals very happy.

preachermatt83
11-22-2013, 10:34 PM
word is he has posted a new twitter pic....

http://images.wikia.com/southpark/images/7/7e/411_money.gif

Madkinmecrazy
11-22-2013, 10:39 PM
There are more $'s in Ole Mi$$ than F$U.
Seriously though, why would you turn down a national title contender to go lose to Vandy every other year. Real damn bright that one.

I would say playing time, but after a look at the depth chart for FSU, he wouldn't have had much competition for playing time - probably would have redshirted and started his RS FR year (although he still would have to beat out a 5'9'' guy named Jesus).

My guess is momma got some furniture.

hacker
11-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I don't even know why you started a thread on this. This has been a done deal for months.

32 Dive
11-22-2013, 10:47 PM
I don't even know why you started a thread on this. This has been a done deal for months.

So true. Orchestrated flip, to kick off the Rebel Shopping Season! YAY!!!!!!

LeakyD
11-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Well, this is the week Incarcerated Bob drops the bomb...waiting...ok maybe not

bully99
11-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Well, they are good at the PR. game. Announces night before they have a lot of recruits on campus. Are the blackbears recruiting any quarterbacks?

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Funny how it's always "expected". Well, why did the kid commit to OM in first place if it was "expected".

See where I'm going here?

HancockCountyDog
11-22-2013, 11:07 PM
I'm surprised they didn't wait until signing day for more press coverage.

bully99
11-22-2013, 11:08 PM
Is State recruiting the Minchew? QB out of Brandon. I think he's a junior.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Is State recruiting the Minchew? QB out of Brandon. I think he's a junior.

Yes, but he probably won't be at the top of the board. We will have to miss on a few guys for him to get a commitable offer IMO. At the moment, I believe J'Mar Smith from Meridian is the top QB on our board.

civildawg
11-22-2013, 11:11 PM
I know this is a state message board and I hate ole miss as much as anyone, but we have had many players turn down offers from way bigger programs to come to state. I mean the guy is from Mississippi so it's not that far fetched

Radddawg
11-22-2013, 11:15 PM
I'm so sick of this shit. OM is getting guys like Pack to change their commitment from national title contender Florida State. Meanwhile, we're taking players from Southern GD Miss. How much cash can they throw around before it bites them in the ass !?!

archdog
11-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Well, this is the week Incarcerated Bob drops the bomb...waiting...ok maybe not

My favorite is how he talks about one of the UM guys loves picking up money orders from Western Union from a specific Western Union in Oxford. That just seems too easy to transfer money to someone. If you never meet the guy sending you the money, how could you ever track it. Or maybe just put some cash in a safety deposit box and let the player go pick it up. Not a ton of cash, but 1000 a week seems pretty easy to do. The NCAA is crazy if they think they can track that small amounts of cash.

LeakyD
11-22-2013, 11:16 PM
It shows questionable character on part of coaches and players to intentionally lie about their commitment. Technically their coaches can't comment on recruits, but it is orchestrated by them.

I'minHailState
11-22-2013, 11:18 PM
I know this is a state message board and I hate ole miss as much as anyone, but we have had many players turn down offers from way bigger programs to come to state. I mean the guy is from Mississippi so it's not that far fetched

Yeah, it's more just me being pissed off that we don't seem to do as much flipping ourselves. Why don't we play this game?

bully99
11-22-2013, 11:25 PM
A blackbear said the flip moved the bears from 21 to 15 in the crootin rankings. Can one player make that damn much difference.

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Another reason I like college baseball more than football now- there's no stupid drama, back door, intentionally deceitful, merry Flipmas bullshit. College baseball may not be totally clean, but it has NOTHING on football. Recruiting is just not something worth my time to follow anyway.

Statecoachingblows**
11-22-2013, 11:46 PM
The Winston deal hanging in the balance makes a difference IMO... Without him its a different team

War Machine Dawg
11-22-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm so sick of this shit. OM is getting guys like Pack to change their commitment from national title contender Florida State. Meanwhile, we're taking players from Southern GD Miss. How much cash can they throw around before it bites them in the ass !?!

We've been asking that question for 10 years or more now. Apparently the correct answers are 1) As much cash as they can and 2) Never. **** Bracky Brett.

engie
11-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Another reason I like college baseball more than football now- there's no stupid drama, back door, intentionally deceitful, merry Flipmas bullshit. College baseball may not be totally clean, but it has NOTHING on football. Recruiting is just not something worth my time to follow anyway.

This stuff only bothers us because our staff isn't playing the game effectively. If we were stealing guys from them/others, it would be the most hilarious thing ever...
Cue Robert Elliot and Derek Pegues...

Bothrops
11-22-2013, 11:55 PM
A blackbear said the flip moved the bears from 21 to 15 in the crootin rankings. Can one player make that damn much difference.

OM boosters pay for that shit. They're a bunch of ostentatious assholes.

War Machine Dawg
11-22-2013, 11:56 PM
This stuff only bothers us because our staff isn't playing the game effectively. If we were stealing guys from them/others, it would be the most hilarious thing ever...

If you can't see how much 'crootin' has changed and how dirty it has gotten over the course of the last 15 years, I can't help you. Should we be playing the game? Absolutely. Does that make it enjoyable? Hell no. I used to love to follow recruiting, but the circus it's become is unbearable now. And yes, I'll laugh my ass off if we ever flip someone from the Bearz. But don't act like the game isn't a completely different animal now, either.

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 12:18 AM
The Winston deal hanging in the balance makes a difference IMO... Without him its a different team

This has zippo, nada, nothing, to do with why Pack flipped

Will James
11-23-2013, 12:18 AM
Well at least it seems we don't have to worry as much about Flipmas. Look out FSU, Bama, Texas etc.

Does our crootin' improve now that we can keep all our 3-4 stars as the Bears flip 4's and 5's???

PassInterference
11-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Ole Miss has not yet learned to quit flipping recruits from the big boys. They ****ed with FSU and UGA last year and they are going to have their asses handed to them by the NCAA.

BossDawg
11-23-2013, 12:34 AM
Ole Miss has not yet learned to quit flipping recruits from the big boys. They ****ed with FSU and UGA last year and they are going to have their asses handed to them by the NCAA.

No they won't, and they know it. Nothing will ever happen.

Will James
11-23-2013, 12:35 AM

We'll see. I commend them for their **** you attitude. Seems like the "big boys" are looking pretty paper tigerish when they can't rely on a NCAA to do their bidding against a competent compliance dept.

messageboardsuperhero
11-23-2013, 12:39 AM

I can only speak for myself, but I've hated recruiting ever since the internet/social media got involved. All this shit just got way out of control, and now it's worse than ever. At this point, it's just a bunch of boosters trying to raise their own self-esteem by buying high school players. And yes, I know this stuff has been going on forever, but it has NEVER been this bad. I recognize recruiting is important and we must play the game, but it's just too damn sick and dirty for me to want to follow. That's just how I feel anyway.

Really, at the end of the day, I can never make myself get worked up one way or another over where some 17 year old kid decides to go to school. I could name (maybe) five of our current commits off the top of my head.

messageboardsuperhero
11-23-2013, 12:43 AM

Don't get your hopes up. The NCAA doesn't give a shit, and everyone knows it.

And if they did try to do anything about it, UM's compliance dept. would flood the NCAA office with years worth of litigation paperwork.

engie
11-23-2013, 01:00 AM
Dp

engie
11-23-2013, 01:02 AM
If you can't see how much 'crootin' has changed and how dirty it has gotten over the course of the last 15 years, I can't help you. Should we be playing the game? Absolutely. Does that make it enjoyable? Hell no. I used to love to follow recruiting, but the circus it's become is unbearable now. And yes, I'll laugh my ass off if we ever flip someone from the Bearz. But don't act like the game isn't a completely different animal now, either.

Bullshit. Everyone had a f'n blast on volnation when Autry basically flipped to us. The "game" would be a f'n great time if we were playing it more often than we were being played.

Try to find me an OM fan that hates it now for the reasons you listed. Can you? Even among those that know it's happening? No. It's still fun because they are winning a helluva lot more than they are losing...

Are we really prepared to play morality police on this? When we talked nonstop shit about their morality police right up until the first time Mullen lost to them?

Statecoachingblows**
11-23-2013, 01:04 AM
This shit isn't hidden! I'm in Gulf Shores and I repeatedly see OM fans, alumni, and what appear to boosters with some cags bringing...ummm not so much family looking people... (Trying to be politically correct I guess)... On vacations, weekend trips, fishing etc. Play the game

messageboardsuperhero
11-23-2013, 01:16 AM
Bullshit. Everyone had a f'n blast on volnation when Autry basically flipped to us. The "game" would be a f'n great time if we were playing it more often than we were being played.

Try to find me an OM fan that hates it now for the reasons you listed. Can you? Even among those that know it's happening? No. It's still fun because they are winning a helluva lot more than they are losing...

Are we really prepared to play morality police on this? When we talked nonstop shit about their morality police right up until the first time Mullen lost to them?

I will never play the "we cheat less than you, so that makes us better" card- I totally agree that we have to play the game just like everyone else to keep up. I have absolutely no problem with us cheating in the current climate of college football recruiting.

At the same time, I'm not going to follow recruiting or pay any attention because it's just WAY too melodramatic for me. If I wanted to see that shit, I'd just watch "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" or something.

InternetDawg
11-23-2013, 04:17 AM

I've heard from a number of sources that the more you repeat this on msg boards the sooner it will come true. IT'S COMING.

Will James
11-23-2013, 06:59 AM
This shit isn't hidden! I'm in Gulf Shores and I repeatedly see OM fans, alumni, and what appear to boosters with some cags bringing...ummm not so much family looking people... (Trying to be politically correct I guess)... On vacations, weekend trips, fishing etc. Play the game

Get video proof and post it then. Very easy.

Vancleave
11-23-2013, 08:07 AM
We better not worry bout who commits to the bears and start worrying about Upig today. You people crack me up on your obsession with TSUN.

hells bells
11-23-2013, 08:52 AM
We better not worry bout who commits to the bears and start worrying about Upig today. You people crack me up on your obsession with TSUN.

Agree with x 10. Some people on any State board worry themselves sick about TSUN. Once again letting the so-called sports media, OM trolls continue to tell us we suck then you go right and enjoy your misery.

BogeyGolfer
11-23-2013, 08:52 AM
The current admin. We either play the game or get left behind. No matter who's our head coach.

Dawgface
11-23-2013, 09:11 AM
I can only speak for myself, but I've hated recruiting ever since the internet/social media got involved. All this shit just got way out of control, and now it's worse than ever. At this point, it's just a bunch of boosters trying to raise their own self-esteem by buying high school players. And yes, I know this stuff has been going on forever, but it has NEVER been this bad. I recognize recruiting is important and we must play the game, but it's just too damn sick and dirty for me to want to follow. That's just how I feel anyway.

Really, at the end of the day, I can never make myself get worked up one way or another over where some 17 year old kid decides to go to school. I could name (maybe) five of our current commits off the top of my head.

Same here. I couldn't name five though.

Jdawg
11-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Well at least it seems we don't have to worry as much about Flipmas. Look out FSU, Bama, Texas etc.

Does our crootin' improve now that we can keep all our 3-4 stars as the Bears flip 4's and 5's???
I'm worried about Gerri Greene. Ole Miss wants him and they will recruit him until the last minute. As far as Pack, he a MS kid so why isn't he coming to MSU? Wallace is gone after next year and Dak is likely to be the best QB in the conference once Manziel and Aaron Murray leave after this season. It seems like a kid would like us over the Bears.

bully99
11-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Dak has to improve his passing and get some receivers to catch the damn ball before he's anywhere near the best quarterback in the sec. Football is a passing game these days.

Coach34
11-23-2013, 09:35 AM
What tha ****ing ****? Have you people been under a rock?

This has been known it was going to happen for months now. This "flip" was just as bad as the Koolio one last year

ShotgunDawg
11-23-2013, 09:37 AM
What tha ****ing ****? Have you people been under a rock?

This has been known it was going to happen for months now. This "flip" was just as bad as the Koolio one last year

I don't think anyone is surprised. It's just that this type of stuff continues to happen with them.

slickdawg
11-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Haven't you guys caught on yet? The drama queens, the bitches that want attention, they go the ole miss. The guys that want to play football and don't want all that drama are at State. We are .500 with them in the last 20 years, so it averages out. Don't buy into their BS hype, because that is all that it is.

Trips to Atlanta to play in the SEC Championship Game:

Mississippi State 1
Ole Miss 0*

*That includes teams with a 2 time Super Bowl champion and MVP QB.

Trips to Omaha in the last 20 years:

Mississippi State 4*
Ole Miss 0

*National finalist in 2013

NCAAT appearances in the last 20 years

Mississippi State 8 *
Ole Miss 6 **

* 1996 Final Four
** Valpo - The Shot

Coach34
11-23-2013, 09:45 AM
I don't think anyone is surprised. It's just that this type of stuff continues to happen with them.

Wellllllll, you get what you pay for. When you deliver the green, you get to set up the way it goes.

They do a great job of it and I applaud them

JScottDova
11-23-2013, 09:53 AM

In short yes. I'm not sure how many players they use to make the overall grade for ranking, but it's not all of them. You add a 4-star and a 2-star drops off it significantly impacts your recruiting ranking. If Dan could land one or two more 4-stars or even a 5-star, one or two of those 2-stars will fall off and BAM! State is in the top 15 in rankings. TSUN has figured out the drama and how to manipulate the ranking numbers. Shooting up from 21 to 15 just a day before their biggest recruiting visit of the year? The day before Senior Day? Somebody should be writing tv shows instead or orchestrating rubble bullshit. They'd make a killing. Hell, what am I saying? They're probably making just as much in oxford.

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 10:04 AM
All is well, guys.***

The worst part is that we are supposed to "dominate the state of Mississippi in recruiting"....but we can't even do that. We're getting beaten in state, out of state, and on the field. But all is F'ing well!

slickdawg
11-23-2013, 10:22 AM
All is well, guys.***

The worst part is that we are supposed to "dominate the state of Mississippi in recruiting"....but we can't even do that. We're getting beaten in state, out of state, and on the field. But all is F'ing well!

Don't point at Dan on that, point to Bracky.

gravedigger
11-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Anyone who wants to know why om won't get caught needs to read "The System"

The NCAA is a lame duck when a school is defended by a competent team of attorneys and a president and ad that employ them.

We don't. That simple.

DawgsBite34
11-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Minshew from Brandon has one D1 offer that's from Akron.

I doubt State ever offers him unless he blows it up next year. Lost to Meridian and J'Mar Smith last night. I played with Minshew. Smith is the much better runner

CadaverDawg
11-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Don't point at Dan on that, point to Bracky.

Oh, I'm pointing it at our whole situation compared to most in the SEC...not at one person.

preachermatt83
11-23-2013, 10:39 AM
All is well, guys.***

Truth!!!!!!1

bully99
11-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Getting beat in football crootin by TSUN, Getting beat in baseball crootin by Vanderbilt, getting beat in basketball crootin by everybody. That's why we ARE Mississippi State.

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2013, 11:05 AM

B...b...but...engie says we'd enjoy the hell out of crootin' if we were playing the game too!!! He doesn't factor in that some people really do have a conscience and can't stand what recruiting has become. Like I said above, it doesn't mean we shouldn't be playing the game because we absolutely should. Doesn't mean all of us have to enjoy the smell of the steaming pile it's become, regardless of what's being said.

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2013, 11:07 AM

I'll bullshit your bullshit. We made fun of their morality police because they are the biggest ****ing hypocrites on the planet. They were trying to claim the moral high ground while at the same time pulling every dirty ****ing trick in the book and creating some new dirty tricks. I still talk shit to them for the hypocrisy. Hell, look no further than Freezus.

FlabLoser
11-23-2013, 11:23 AM
There is no moral high ground in recruiting. I bitch about Ole Miss crootin not because they are cheating but because I am jealous. They play the game well while we stand still with our fists down and let ourselves get slapped around. We don't choose to play. We choose to get beat.

BRACKY and his bosses who allow or instruct him to do what he does.

scottycameron
11-23-2013, 11:31 AM
any chance FSU told Pack to look around? Are they gonna come back on him hard, or just let it go? That will tell the tale.

engie
11-23-2013, 11:51 AM
There is no moral high ground in recruiting. I bitch about Ole Miss crootin not because they are cheating but because I am jealous. They play the game well while we stand still with our fists down and let ourselves get slapped around. We don't choose to play. We choose to get beat.

BRACKY and his bosses who allow or instruct him to do what he does.

Exactly.

engie
11-23-2013, 11:54 AM
B...b...but...engie says we'd enjoy the hell out of crootin' if we were playing the game too!!! He doesn't factor in that some people really do have a conscience and can't stand what recruiting has become. Like I said above, it doesn't mean we shouldn't be playing the game because we absolutely should. Doesn't mean all of us have to enjoy the smell of the steaming pile it's become, regardless of what's being said.

Why is it a "steaming pile"? Because of some ridiculous rules that shouldn't exist that we aren't as good at bending as everyone else?

You seem to follow it pretty closely to be as sickened by it as you say...

engie
11-23-2013, 11:54 AM
I'll bullshit your bullshit. We made fun of their morality police because they are the biggest ****ing hypocrites on the planet. They were trying to claim the moral high ground while at the same time pulling every dirty ****ing trick in the book and creating some new dirty tricks. I still talk shit to them for the hypocrisy. Hell, look no further than Freezus.

Ah -- so we're morality policing their morality police then?**

War Machine Dawg
11-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Why is it a "steaming pile"? Because of some ridiculous rules that shouldn't exist that we aren't as good at bending as everyone else?

You seem to follow it pretty closely to be as sickened by it as you say...

http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae73/MSUDawgBurke/cfc2f5f8-346f-4a2e-9963-b8f7da39b883_zps883b97a8.jpg (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/MSUDawgBurke/media/cfc2f5f8-346f-4a2e-9963-b8f7da39b883_zps883b97a8.jpg.html)

Perhaps you missed the part where I said we should be playing the game. And you don't have to following recruiting closely anymore to see that it's become a gigantic clown circus. But I wouldn't expect you to acknowledge that.

OurState
11-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Wellllllll, you get what you pay for. When you deliver the green, you get to set up the way it goes.

They do a great job of it and I applaud them

Amen. I for one wish we did get outbid by Auburn for Newton. We would be staring at a National Championship.

notsofarawaydawg
11-23-2013, 03:47 PM
The pockets are deep in bear land. They keep buying their players but they also keep digging the hole deeper and it's going to be hell to get out when it caves in. You cannot keep doing what they are blatantly doing and get away with it. They will crash and crash big time.