03-30-2022, 06:59 PM
Myah Taylor announces intentions to transfer

basedog
03-30-2022, 07:02 PM
Myah Taylor announces intentions to transfer

Just posted that, so what u think?

EdwardDrayton
03-30-2022, 07:13 PM
Ouch. My favorite Lady Dawg of all time. Wish her all the best but was hoping the new coach could convince her to stay.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-30-2022, 07:29 PM
Love Myah the person & leader. Myah the player can be replaced fairly easily.

basedog
03-30-2022, 07:35 PM
Love Myah the person & leader. Myah the player can be replaced fairly easily.

Yes she can but her leadership and dedication will be hard. To me Purcell should be in Starkville, not sitting on the bench as a 3rd assistant. He has a tough job ahead and ain’t gaining experience as 3rd assistant right now.

Cooterpoot
03-30-2022, 08:04 PM
Yes she can but her leadership and dedication will be hard. To me Purcell should be in Starkville, not sitting on the bench as a 3rd assistant. He has a tough job ahead and ain’t gaining experience as 3rd assistant right now.

If she was dedicated, she wouldn't be leaving.

EdwardDrayton
03-30-2022, 08:08 PM

Well she has been here for five years. Not sure what that is if not dedicated.

EdwardDrayton
03-30-2022, 08:11 PM

Agree. He should be in Starkville.

basedog
03-30-2022, 08:30 PM

IYOK is correct about her being replaced as a player. She has two degrees, not sure Purcell and Taylor had a chance to understand one another. Let’s hope a few other starters don’t depart. Taylor has given MSU 100%, I can understand her leaving.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-30-2022, 08:49 PM

We’ll agree to disagree on this. He’s been to Starkville 2-3 times since he’s been hired but he should be finishing off a championship run.

basedog
03-30-2022, 08:54 PM
We’ll agree to disagree on this. He’s been to Starkville 2-3 times since he’s been hired but he should be finishing off a championship run.

I would agree what u say IF he was HC or even Louisville top assistant. I’m gonna pull for him as I do for all sports at MSU. I do know and realize WBB isn’t one of our top priorities any longer.

EdwardDrayton
03-30-2022, 09:09 PM
I would agree what u say IF he was HC or even Louisville top assistant. I’m gonna pull for him as I do for all sports at MSU. I do know and realize WBB isn’t one of our top priorities any longer.

No other way to see it. We certainly are not his top priority right now.

NCMSTFAN
03-30-2022, 09:41 PM

She's been around for over 5 years and been through 3 coaches, never gotten in trouble and always played hard. True leader. You can't blame her for wanting a fresh start after all she has given to MSU

Cowbell
03-30-2022, 09:46 PM
I would agree what u say IF he was HC or even Louisville top assistant. I?m gonna pull for him as I do for all sports at MSU. I do know and realize WBB isn?t one of our top priorities any longer.
I commend him for this. He's loyal to his players and to a commitment he made to them. The Notre dame HC leaving to LSU before the playoff game told me all I needed to know about him.

NCMSTFAN
03-30-2022, 09:49 PM

I agree with that... He decided to take the job so he should be in Starkville. I understand all the time and work he's put in at Louivlle but he's MSU's Head guy now. It's genuinely hard being in 2 places at once, how much recruiting is he doing right now while with Louisville? The rumored 2 people who were still on the fence about staying or transferring were Myah and Jessika. If we lose both he has to replace them with the right talent. And who knows if anyone else leaves...We need size desperately too.. I do like what I know about him so far but he can't wait too long or he will miss some players or lose some already on campus

CaptainObvious
03-30-2022, 09:52 PM
She's been around for over 5 years and been through 3 coaches, never gotten in trouble and always played hard. True leader. You can't blame her for wanting a fresh END after all she has given to MSU

Fixed it for you. She has 1 year of eligibility left. That ain?t a start. That is an END. Good luck to her none-the-less. She had a nice 4 years on the court here and I guess Jessika Carter will now be the last of Vic?s recruits left if she stays.

NCMSTFAN
03-30-2022, 09:54 PM
I commend him for this. He's loyal to his players and to a commitment he made to them. The Notre dame HC leaving to LSU before the playoff game told me all I needed to know about him.

I honestly see your point and you're right about that but it's a thin line there too because you have some talented girls you may be potentially inheriting that you have to recruit to stay, plus you probably need to be in the portal pretty hard right now too. He is known as a recruiter, I wonder how much is he can be putting into recruiting right now?

NCMSTFAN
03-30-2022, 09:56 PM
Fixed it for you. She has 1 year of eligibility left. That ain?t a start. That is an END. Good luck to her none-the-less. She had a nice 4 years on the court here and I guess Jessika Carter will now be the last of Vic?s recruits left if she stays.

I dont need you to fix anything for me....She has already graduated with 2 degrees from State. She may feel it's time to spread her wings and START over somewhere and see where it takes her, its not necessarilyall about basketball.... Im sure you've done the same thing at some point in your life

basedog
03-30-2022, 10:02 PM
I honestly see your point and you're right about that but it's a thin line there too because you have some talented girls you may be potentially inheriting that you have to recruit to stay, plus you probably need to be in the portal pretty hard right now too. He is known as a recruiter, I wonder how much is he can be putting into recruiting right now?

Again IF he was HC or top assistant I could see. He isn’t important to Louisville right now, there is nothing he could bring to the table. Doesn’t make sense to me but I’m not Purcell. To each their own.

Isn’t important

MetEdDawg
03-30-2022, 10:20 PM
People bitch and moan about players not being loyal and transferring, but then bitch and moan when Purcell wont up and leave immediately.

Dude is finishing what he started, then going to give us everything he can. And he's going to be talked about during this run as he transitions to us while the team he helps coach makes a run at a title.

Let the man have that for a few weeks.

CaptainObvious
03-30-2022, 10:20 PM
I dont need you to fix anything for me....She has already graduated with 2 degrees from State. She may feel it's time to spread her wings and START over somewhere and see where it takes her, its not necessarilyall about basketball.... Im sure you've done the same thing at some point in your life

I get what you are saying. She is a smart young lady. With regards to basketball, she has one year left to play. There will likely be no pro basketball for her. Wherever she winds up will be the END of her basketball playing days and this degrees will fair her well in a career outside of sports I feel certain. Hopefully we will get several portal transfers back into the program as well.

CaptainObvious
03-30-2022, 10:27 PM
Agree. He should be in Starkville.

I guess it depends on who?s payroll he is on. If he is on Louisville?s dime right now, that is where he should be. If he is already collecting a check from State, then he should be on the recruiting trail for MSU. I feel confident he has already talked to the current players and figured out who will fit his system. May need a clean slate. Who knows. It?s Women?s Basketball.

EdwardDrayton
03-30-2022, 10:56 PM
I guess it depends on who?s payroll he is on. If he is on Louisville?s dime right now, that is where he should be. If he is already collecting a check from State, then he should be on the recruiting trail for MSU. I feel confident he has already talked to the current players and figured out who will fit his system. May need a clean slate. Who knows. It?s Women?s Basketball.

He’s getting paid wherever he chooses to work right now. And he chooses Louisville.

He should be in Starkville working and getting paid.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-31-2022, 12:11 AM
Already removed her from the roster. Making room*

Tbonewannabe
03-31-2022, 09:04 AM
Dan Mullen did the same thing. I would think Coach and Cohen talked it over and made a decision. One thing is, we will get some free marketing from him on the bench because they will talk about it at some point. Also, any chance that Louisville has any players that might want to transfer to MSU?

At this point, he might as well have a clean slate with the amount of players that quit. I would be surprised if we are even middle of the SEC next year. Also, it is women's basketball so my give a shit level is a lot lower than Football, Baseball, or Men's basketball.

Dawg2003
03-31-2022, 01:03 PM
People bitch and moan about players not being loyal and transferring, but then bitch and moan when Purcell wont up and leave immediately.

Dude is finishing what he started, then going to give us everything he can. And he's going to be talked about during this run as he transitions to us while the team he helps coach makes a run at a title.

Let the man have that for a few weeks.

Exactly. If we had a coach leaving, people would be bitching if they didn't stay to finish the season.

Dawg2003
03-31-2022, 01:06 PM
Wasn't Myah leaving if Novak wasn't hired? I was under the impression she was pretty much gone. In any instance, she only has one year left, so I'm not sure it's some big loss.

AROB44
03-31-2022, 01:24 PM
Sure was a lot of bitching about Sly Croom not coming when he was hired. I guess things have changed since then. But, it's not like Purcell is that critical to Louisville.....he isn't even the top assistant. Let that sink in a bit....the number 3 assistant!

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2022, 01:24 PM
Wasn't Myah leaving if Novak wasn't hired? I was under the impression she was pretty much gone. In any instance, she only has one year left, so I'm not sure it's some big loss.

There was no guarantee she was staying if Novak stayed but she was advocating for him to get the job.

Tbonewannabe
03-31-2022, 02:05 PM
Sure was a lot of bitching about Sly Croom not coming when he was hired. I guess things have changed since then. But, it's not like Purcell is that critical to Louisville.....he isn't even the top assistant. Let that sink in a bit....the number 3 assistant!

So similar to Rick Ray. Damn

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2022, 03:07 PM

I guess if this thread continues he’ll slide all the way down to videographer.

AROB44
03-31-2022, 03:24 PM
I guess if this thread continues he?ll slide all the way down to videographer.

Well....are you disputing that he is/was the #3 assistant at Louisville? If he truly is the #3, that would mean Cohen got turned down by his first 2 choices and chose the #3 assistant over Novak. We'll see how that works out.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2022, 03:39 PM
Well....are you disputing that he is/was the #3 assistant at Louisville? If he truly is the #3, that would mean Cohen got turned down by his first 2 choices and chose the #3 assistant over Novak. We'll see how that works out.

He’s not the #3 Asst at Louisville

NCMSTFAN
03-31-2022, 05:03 PM
https://gocards.com/sports/womens-basketball/coaches

He's listed 3rd as Associate coach. The Associate Head coach is Stephanie Norman. He is known across the country as a great recruiter, not sure about his x's and o's yet. Hopefully he hires a proven x and o coach to assist in that area if he even needs it. I do like his personality and think he has the potential to bring in some good players. Time will tell

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2022, 05:54 PM
https://gocards.com/sports/womens-basketball/coaches

He's listed 3rd as Associate coach. The Associate Head coach is Stephanie Norman. He is known across the country as a great recruiter, not sure about his x's and o's yet. Hopefully he hires a proven x and o coach to assist in that area if he even needs it. I do like his personality and think he has the potential to bring in some good players. Time will tell

Which is not the 3rd Asst

NCMSTFAN
03-31-2022, 08:32 PM
Which is not the 3rd Asst
Associate Head Coach is usually the top assistant.. Key word there is usually... I don't know how he runs he program so maybe it doesn't mean much at Louisville but that title typically belongs to the 2nd person in charge.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2022, 09:47 PM
Associate Head Coach is usually the top assistant.. Key word there is usually... I don't know how he runs he program so maybe it doesn't mean much at Louisville but that title typically belongs to the 2nd person in charge.

Which would make Purcell the SECOND ASSISTANT

basedog
03-31-2022, 10:03 PM

LOL, hope he can Coach. Recruiting at Louisville with their tradition makes things much easier than many places who are rebuilding.
Just saying.

Btw, I thought u didn’t care much about Women's basketball.

captaindog
03-31-2022, 10:16 PM
LOL, hope he can Coach. Recruiting at Louisville with their tradition makes things much easier than many places who are rebuilding.
Just saying.

Btw, I thought u didn?t care much about Women's basketball.
I am not sure how much of this back and forth is just posters being factious. If so please carry on. Otherwise, obviously Coach Purcell has to answer questions based on him not previously being a head coach. When we hired Coach Schaefer he was listed as Associate Coach at Texas A&M not Associate Head Coach. He was hired then returned to finish the season with TAM. Coach Purcell is a key member of their staff. Yes Coach Schaefer had previously been a head coach but his record was terrible. Again Coach Purcell has to prove himself but this is not a Rick Ray hire and what he is doing is not unusual. We are getting great press out of it.

https://12thman.com/sports/womens-basketball/coaches/2011-12

basedog
03-31-2022, 10:27 PM
I am not sure how much of this back and forth is just posters being factious. If so please carry on. Otherwise, obviously Coach Purcell has to answer questions based on him not previously being a head coach. When we hired Coach Schaefer he was listed as Associate Coach at Texas A&M not Associate Head Coach. He was hired then returned to finish the season with TAM. Coach Purcell is a key member of their staff. Yes he had previously been a head coach but his record was terrible. Again Coach Purcell has to prove himself but this isn?t a Rick Ray hire and what he is doing is not unusual. We are getting great press out of it.

https://12thman.com/sports/womens-basketball/coaches/2011-12

I’m not calling anyone out, it’s a message board and everyone has their on opinions. My biggest thing is I’m surprised since we didn’t give Novak the job, why we didn’t hire a sitting HC.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-31-2022, 10:29 PM
Just saying.

Btw, I thought u didn’t care much about Women's basketball.

He’s a big time recruiter & it’s not like MSU are years away from recruiting at a high level.

I don’t care much about it but i still speak accurate info.

CaptainObvious
03-31-2022, 10:36 PM
He’s a big time recruiter & it’s not like MSU are years away from recruiting at a high level.

I don’t care much about it but i still speak accurate info.

Maybe State will not be a stepping stone for Purcell.🙄🙄

captaindog
03-31-2022, 10:47 PM
I’m not calling anyone out, it’s a message board and everyone has their on opinions. My biggest thing is I’m surprised since we didn’t give Novak the job, why we didn’t hire a sitting HC.

Fair enough. I was fine with Coach Novak being hired unless it was a proven high level coach. I did not see the hype around Coach Smesko from FGCU. I don?t think the other two listed coaching candidates from South Dakota were truly serious contenders. My understanding is also the administration was concerned about the lack of connection Coach Novak had with not only elite women players but any women players. When weighing the lack of recruiting to the lack of head coaching experience the administration favored the latter. If that was the reasoning I expect some dynamic players through transfer or high school in this spring signing class.

basedog
03-31-2022, 10:48 PM
He?s a big time recruiter & it?s not like MSU are years away from recruiting at a high level.

I don?t care much about it but i still speak accurate info.

LOL, I usually agree with you and I?m not disagreeing, Like I stated I?m surprise we didn?t hire a sitting HC.

NCMSTFAN
03-31-2022, 10:52 PM

Your kind of playing on words here but yes that makes him the 2nd assistant,.. Not the 1st so he is 3rd in line, thats what some people on here are questioning, why are we going after the 3rd coach on a team and not a sitting HC, the top assistant or even simply just kept Novak. I personally thought Novak should have been retained but I'm also excited to see what Purcell can bring. I think he can bring in some real talent, just hope he can coach them.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-01-2022, 06:56 AM
Your kind of playing on words here but yes that makes him the 2nd assistant,.. Not the 1st so he is 3rd in line, thats what some people on here are questioning, why are we going after the 3rd coach on a team and not a sitting HC, the top assistant or even simply just kept Novak. I personally thought Novak should have been retained but I'm also excited to see what Purcell can bring. I think he can bring in some real talent, just hope he can coach them.

Purcell & Norman are basically equal on that staff. Norman has been on the staff 6 years longer than Purcell. Novak was a feel good story but he was not qualified for the job. If he had gone 15-14 (6-10) with a short roster at Missouri instead of MSU & he was a candidate for the job fans would’ve killed Cohen. A guy with 6 months of experience in womens basketball you would’ve called Cohen all kind of idiots & I would’ve helped you. He’s never recruited in the womens game. Didn't have any connections in the womens game. He just wasn’t qualified. I appreciate what he done but it would’ve been the ultimate emotional prisoner of the moment hire.

Tbonewannabe
04-01-2022, 07:53 AM
Purcell & Norman are basically equal on that staff. Norman has been on the staff 6 years longer than Purcell. Novak was a feel good story but he was not qualified for the job. If he had gone 15-14 (6-10) with a short roster at Missouri instead of MSU & he was a candidate for the job fans would’ve killed Cohen. A guy with 6 months of experience in womens basketball you would’ve called Cohen all kind of idiots & I would’ve helped you. He’s never recruited in the womens game. Didn't have any connections in the womens game. He just wasn’t qualified. I appreciate what he done but it would’ve been the ultimate emotional prisoner of the moment hire.

Very similar to Gary Henderson except Henderson had better qualifications. There is more to running a program than just pulling a team together during adversity. Is anyone disappointed that we hired Coach Lemonis over Henderson?

Ifyouonlyknew
04-01-2022, 08:00 AM
LOL, I usually agree with you and I?m not disagreeing, Like I stated I?m surprise we didn?t hire a sitting HC.

We can agree on the not signing a sitting HC part. We went hard after Smesko at FGCU who I thought would’ve been a great hire. I like the HC from South Dakota who just took the West Virginia job. If you’re hiring an elite recruiter with a high ceiling then Purcell isn’t a bad choice.

NCMSTFAN
04-01-2022, 10:03 AM

Good post and good points. I see your point about Novak, he was definitely a feel good story, but he has never run a woman's program at this level, nor recruited at this level. And to be fair Purcell hasn't done it as a head coach yet either. For me personally with Novak, what I liked about him is what I heard him say and watched the girls do and that was execute, play smart, defend and play with high IQ. Thats coaching, he is very good at that no matter how anyone feels. I just hope we don't regret not hiring him, I have a feeling we will see him again somewhere and wouldn't be suprised to see him flourish at another location. That being said I'm excited about Purcell, his energy and his recruiting prowess..... I just hope he can coach x's and o's

Quaoarsking
04-01-2022, 10:03 AM
Very similar to Gary Henderson except Henderson had better qualifications. There is more to running a program than just pulling a team together during adversity. Is anyone disappointed that we hired Coach Lemonis over Henderson?

This revisionist history if bizarre. Henderson had much WORSE qualifications because he had already been an SEC head coach for 8 years and only even made a Regional twice. We all knew he was a total failure as a long-term SEC coach. That situation isn't remotely comparable to Novak.

Having said that, we have a coach and need to fully support him rather than keep talking about Novak. That ship has sailed.

Ifyouonlyknew
04-01-2022, 10:41 AM
Good post and good points. I see your point about Novak, he was definitely a feel good story, but he has never run a woman's program at this level, nor recruited at this level. And to be fair Purcell hasn't done it as a head coach yet either. For me personally with Novak, what I liked about him is what I heard him say and watched the girls do and that was execute, play smart, defend and play with high IQ. Thats coaching, he is very good at that no matter how anyone feels. I just hope we don't regret not hiring him, I have a feeling we will see him again somewhere and wouldn't be suprised to see him flourish at another location. That being said I'm excited about Purcell, his energy and his recruiting prowess..... I just hope he can coach x's and o's

Yea the thing about Novak is he did have them playing hard but this team was talented. They may not have had the height at the end of the year but they had talent. Looking at Novak & his lack of connections I believe that would’ve been his most talented team last year & this upcoming year. I think Purcell will get us talent we’ll have to see if he can coach it but I’d much rather take my chances with elite talent & so so coaching than good coaching & so so talent.

jdelta02
04-02-2022, 08:30 AM
Best to Myah

Ari Gold
04-02-2022, 08:55 AM
Maybe the women’s officials next year won’t be wearing masks .

NCMSTFAN
04-02-2022, 04:21 PM
https://twitter.com/bigtime_lyz/status/1509934905890775041?s=20&t=mOFpDq0Kcxbn95b6qO2oDQ

All of our girls are working out together in this pic including Michigan State tranfer Alyza Winston, nice to see Jessika Carter there too.. if Purcell can keep this group together and add a big to go along with them, we will have a really good team next season.

jdelta02
04-02-2022, 10:02 PM
https://twitter.com/bigtime_lyz/status/1509934905890775041?s=20&t=mOFpDq0Kcxbn95b6qO2oDQ

All of our girls are working out together in this pic including Michigan State tranfer Alyza Winston, nice to see Jessika Carter there too.. if Purcell can keep this group together and add a big to go along with them, we will have a really good team next season.
Hayes sisters/family...very close. This nice to see.
Alyza Winston...hard worker
Jessika Carter...smiling, looking ready to go
Denae Carter appears in a knee brace...rehabbing