PDA

View Full Version : Madison Central football

CadaverDawg
11-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Have any of you guys listened to Warren Strain call the Madison Football games on the radio? First off, I'm not going to get in to how good or bad they are, because there aren't many good high school football commentators...but there is something he does EVERY SINGLE PLAY that drives me crazy. Every play he says "Jags set up 3 by 1" or "3 by 2" or "2 by 1", etc... As in, there are 3 WR's to one side and 1'to the other. But he says it every play regardless of who has the ball. And it's always "_ by _" as if that is a common phrase that people use. I would imagine people that don't know football very well, are clueless as to what he's talking about, ha.

Anyway, I don't really care because I only hear him from time to time running around on a Friday night, but I just think it is funny and kind of silly, and wondered if anybody else had heard it.

If anyone has any high school playoff scores, post them in this thread if you want.

Carry on.

TheRef
11-22-2013, 10:00 PM
University of South Panola 20 - Starkville High 0 End 3rd Quarter

BogeyGolfer
11-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Nm

TheRef
11-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Callaway 51 - Clarksdale 7....Callaway advances to North 5A Championship.

TheRef
11-22-2013, 10:23 PM
Lafayette will play Cleveland in the North 4A Title game next week.

TheRef
11-22-2013, 10:29 PM
Louisville 40 - Cleveland East Side 6....Louisville is now a perfect 14-0

bully99
11-22-2013, 10:32 PM
I wrote earlier in the season about how bad high school broadcasting is in Mississippi. Only quality high school broadcaster I ever heard was Morris Currie in the 60s and 70s.

BogeyGolfer
11-22-2013, 10:41 PM
Nm

Drugdog
11-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Nm

Baawby Hall with his typical pitiful playoff run.

TheRef
11-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Finals so far:
1A
North
St. Aloysius 13 - Hamilton 12
Smithville 14 - Broad Street 0

South
French Camp 30 - Lumberton 20
Stringer vs. Hinds AHS (No Final Reported)

Class 2A
North
Calhoun City 27 - West Bolivar 8
Baldwin 31 - Eupora 14

South
Mize vs. East Marion
Bassfield vs. Taylorsville

Class 3A
North
Charleston 50 - North Pontotoc 23
Louisville 40 - Cleveland East Side 6

South
Seminary vs. Wilkinson County
Tylertown vs. Hazelhurst

Class 4A
North
Cleveland 22 - Rosa Fort 17
Lafayette 9 - Noxubee County 0

South
Quitman 48 - Vancleave 17
Forrest Co. AHS 49 - St. Stanislaus 42

Class 5A
North
Oxford 39 - Pearl 21
Callaway 51 - Clarksdale 7

South
Picayune 31 - Wayne County 14
Laurel vs. Brookhaven

Class 6A
North
South Panola 20 - Starkville 6
Tupelo 27 - Madison Central 15

South
Meridian 30 - Brandon 28
Oak Grove 38 - Petal 28

If you have any I missed, post it.

Irondawg
11-22-2013, 11:02 PM
I think Kelly Sanner does a real good job with Oak Grove in Hattiesburg. Now living in madison I listen to the MC broadcast some - i knew it was giong to be bad when last year on the pregame show before the first game the guy interviewing Hall about the team this year had the depth chart totally wrong. For instance he said "we have ____ back at QB" and Hall had to interject "actually he graduated, our guy this year will be _____"

Then he had about 4 other guys totall wrong so my expectations were set at that point and they haven't gotten much better.

Drugdog
11-22-2013, 11:15 PM
Absolutely horrible broadcasting by the MC crew. They do not anything about what is going on at the game. They give Stephen A. Smith a run for unlistenable.

CadaverDawg
11-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Thanks Ref

bully99
11-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Warren Strain broadcast like he's at a funeral. The rest are not any better.

BulldogBear
11-23-2013, 07:38 AM
What gets old by game 2 is NWR plugs for "Stinky Feet." -as in "he ran like he had stinky feet" or something like that. I quit paying attention last year. And all tackles are made by a "host of cougars." Learn some names

Original48
11-23-2013, 07:56 AM
I listened to the MRA Prep game last Friday night. It was horrifically glorious. They talked all over themselves so it was hard to follow. But the color guy was hilarious in his disdain for prep. A couple of his lines "I'm telling you, that side judge is on commission" but my favorite was "Im looking at the scoreboard and I can't tell how many timeouts we have left..is that a 1? You would think with a half million dollar field Prep could afford to replace all those burned out light bulbs."

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Baawby Hall with his typical pitiful playoff run.

Yep. Now Tupelo has passed MC by in football after ONE season. Amazing what a quality head coach can do. The crowds have been pitiful this year at MC. I know the weather was bad, but Tupelo had more people in the stands than MC did. I've never seen it like that at MC.

We'll see if the parents make a move- or if they wait until MC gets beat by Warren Central and Starkville next year. And it won't be long before Clinton and Northwest Rankin get their acts together either. On top of that- with all of the DeSoto Co. schools growing- it's going to push people like Tupelo down to district 2. We've already seen this with Columbus and Starkville. That means no more bragging about District Titles over Clinton, NWR and five JPS schools that don't give a rip. Germantown will be in their district before long too.

Todd4State
11-23-2013, 09:41 AM
I listened to the MRA Prep game last Friday night. It was horrifically glorious. They talked all over themselves so it was hard to follow. But the color guy was hilarious in his disdain for prep. A couple of his lines "I'm telling you, that side judge is on commission" but my favorite was "Im looking at the scoreboard and I can't tell how many timeouts we have left..is that a 1? You would think with a half million dollar field Prep could afford to replace all those burned out light bulbs."

I bet they went nuts when they lost on the last play of the game.