PDA

View Full Version : And y?all thought our football game day experience was bad?.

TNDawg35
03-29-2022, 09:35 PM
Daughter and I went to the Memphis game and all I have to say is wow? Concession lines were at a minimum 30 mins after the game started, they ran out of hot dogs and were giving away pretzels instead, 1/4 of the scoreboard was black in spots, no radar nor any sort of batter/pitcher game stats for either team, and they spelt Hancock HANCOKC? It was horrible. They (Memphis Redbirds/Memphis) have really let the park go. Everything was faded and just looked bad.

Oh and Lemonis was totally right on the check swing. Dude damn near swung through and pulled it back. Lemonis started mouthing and the home plate ump got his feelings hurt. (Lemonis and him already had words in another inning about his zone on a Kam strikeout) Lemonis was walking off down the dugout and he got chunked. When he figured out he was chunked, he went NUTZ. He stormed the field Like Coach34 stormed Elitedawgs for coffee sales? It was awesome! The crowd was into it and the players got into it.

Todd4State
03-29-2022, 10:41 PM
I think the Cardinals bought them recently. Park probably is due for a renovation.

CaptainObvious
03-29-2022, 10:54 PM
I think the Cardinals bought them recently. Park probably is due for a renovation.

Odd. In a time where nearly all Major League organizations have been shedding themselves of their Minor League ownership responsibilities the cardinals go in reverse of that pattern.

I know the atmosphere and experience at a Trustmark Park has fallen off since the Atlanta Braves sold their Top 3 MiLB affiliate organizations.

To be fair to the management at TP, holding the USM-State game so early before they have had a reasonable training program for newbies, was a big mistake that lies at the feet of Bloomfield.

Todd4State
03-29-2022, 11:18 PM
Odd. In a time where nearly all Major League organizations have been shedding themselves of their Minor League ownership responsibilities the cardinals go in reverse of that pattern.

I know the atmosphere and experience at a Trustmark Park has fallen off since the Atlanta Braves sold their Top 3 MiLB affiliate organizations.

To be fair to the management at TP, holding the USM-State game so early before they have had a reasonable training program for newbies, was a big mistake that lies at the feet of Bloomfield.

Yeah. And with COVID and all of that teams are not rushing to do major renovations. Plus the minors have had major structural reorgnization. It's a mess throughout the country. I go to some of these neutral site games across the south including Trustmark and Autozone and I've noticed that for the college games they usually don't have all of their concessions open and certain things are limited. Some of it is what you are talking about- it's the first game of the year but with it being a big game it's overwhelming for brand new temp/seasonal workers many of whom are inexperienced. I went to Houston a few years ago when we played in the Shriner's Classic and same thing there as far as limited concessions.

What MSU has right now is far better than most minor league experiences- even if you have to stand or sit on grass.

smootness
03-30-2022, 12:56 AM
What MSU has right now is far better than most minor league experiences- even if you have to stand or sit on grass.

I think it's a top 15 baseball experience at any level and is likely better than anything at the minor league level.

parabrave
03-30-2022, 01:05 AM
On Biloxi the city owns the Stadium. Takes an act of heaven to get something fixed. And as posted above most MLB orgs don't put a dime towards the operations. Not even helping with the marketing of the teams. Remember when the Braves had a down on the farm segment during each broadcast? Not anymore. The Brewers don't even advertise that they have a AA team in Biloxi even though half of the midwest is on the Gulf Coast during season.

viverlibre
03-30-2022, 07:18 AM
As far as concessions, the MS Braves are about the same.

I rarely buy anything in the park any more at a sporting event, lines are just too long/service is too bad. Eat before you go.

As far as football GDE, to me it is the lack of energy/excitement of the fans that is most concerning. Thankfully students show up and carry the crowd. The electricity you could feel in the Junction died off in 2020 (limiting capacity was so stupid) and hasn't been revived. I'm hoping for a 8-4/7-5 season where we are competitive in every game, that would go a long way in breathing life back into the GDE.

Choctaw Dawg
03-30-2022, 12:27 PM
As far as concessions, the MS Braves are about the same.

I rarely buy anything in the park any more at a sporting event, lines are just too long/service is too bad. Eat before you go.

As far as football GDE, to me it is the lack of energy/excitement of the fans that is most concerning. Thankfully students show up and carry the crowd. The electricity you could feel in the Junction died off in 2020 (limiting capacity was so stupid) and hasn't been revived. I'm hoping for a 8-4/7-5 season where we are competitive in every game, that would go a long way in breathing life back into the GDE.

How was the Junction different this past year? Felt the same to me (I was Drunk most game days there so maybe I didn't notice some things haha)

viverlibre
03-30-2022, 01:38 PM
How was the Junction different this past year? Felt the same to me (I was Drunk most game days there so maybe I didn't notice some things haha)

i just don't remember the energy/excitement that was the junction from 2013-2019. I could be wrong, i'm usually drunk too.

confucius say
03-30-2022, 05:37 PM
It hasn't been the same since Florida at home 2018.

viverlibre
03-30-2022, 06:10 PM

I remember that fondly, we thought a 10/11 win season was a given, but we soon found out SloMo wasn't up to the task. I believe we dropped a sure fire TD to lose that game?

calidawg
03-30-2022, 07:34 PM

Moorhead was doomed after that game. Unrecoverable

THE Bruce Dickinson
03-30-2022, 09:00 PM
The main reason our football and basketball gameday experiences are bad is because of our own fan base.

PGHBulldogBG
03-30-2022, 09:29 PM
I understand the Junction and football experience being bad in 2018 and 2019 because of how bad Moorhead was. I?m assuming COVID played into it the last 2 years. No excuse for it not to be back to how it used to be this year. We have a chance to have a really good team

IMissJack
03-31-2022, 04:51 PM
I understand the Junction and football experience being bad in 2018 and 2019 because of how bad Moorhead was. I?m assuming COVID played into it the last 2 years. No excuse for it not to be back to how it used to be this year. We have a chance to have a really good team

The economy is going to be the problem this year.