PDA

View Full Version : Y?all seen this kid from UT?

FriarsPoint
03-26-2022, 10:21 PM
Hit 101 four in a row and then 102 on the out pitch. Holy ****.

BayouDawg
03-26-2022, 10:27 PM
Was throwing mid 90s before Tommy John and is now throwing triple digits post rehab. Is that reasonable?

Cowbell
03-26-2022, 10:27 PM
Hit 101 four in a row and then 102 on the out pitch. Holy ****.

He's thrown up to 104 - been doing it all year

Parker Street
03-26-2022, 11:06 PM
Which UT?

DownwardDawg
03-26-2022, 11:28 PM
Which UT?

They calling Tennessee UT now. It's always been Texas but I guess it's both now.

SilentSteel16
03-26-2022, 11:59 PM
Was throwing mid 90s before Tommy John and is now throwing triple digits post rehab. Is that reasonable?

Yes, but also be wary of a homefield gun….

I know for fact we used to do it to opposing flamethrowers to make them overthrow.

Derker used to intentionally make the gun register 5-7 mph slower than actual so that guys would see 94 on speed board, it would make them throw harder and would effect their ability to control corners. Once Roy would take the mound we would have it back normal speed. We weren’t the only ones doing that, you would be surprised as to the small things that opposing teams would have done to them in opposing stadiums.

Places like Cleveland would shut the hot water off in opponents clubhouse or turn up the heat to blazing for the water temp. Or best yet was the Detroit had plush carpeting in their opposing clubhouse that way players walking around barefooted would static shock themselves on everything. Boston only offered metal folding chairs, no padding. Funny stuff looking back it.

BayouDawg
03-27-2022, 02:27 PM
Yes, but also be wary of a homefield gun….

I know for fact we used to do it to opposing flamethrowers to make them overthrow.

Derker used to intentionally make the gun register 5-7 mph slower than actual so that guys would see 94 on speed board, it would make them throw harder and would effect their ability to control corners. Once Roy would take the mound we would have it back normal speed. We weren’t the only ones doing that, you would be surprised as to the small things that opposing teams would have done to them in opposing stadiums.

Places like Cleveland would shut the hot water off in opponents clubhouse or turn up the heat to blazing for the water temp. Or best yet was the Detroit had plush carpeting in their opposing clubhouse that way players walking around barefooted would static shock themselves on everything. Boston only offered metal folding chairs, no padding. Funny stuff looking back it.

Thats a good point but this was at ole miss. So he may actually be hitting 102.

SilentSteel16
03-27-2022, 02:34 PM
I wasn’t watching the game or knew where it was at. Just stating a fact, radar guns are only good if tuned correctly. Also goes to question being that it is at Swayze, what makes you think that gun is not tuned to a lower wavelength so their pitchers have a higher speed?

BayouDawg
03-27-2022, 02:51 PM
I wasn’t watching the game or knew where it was at. Just stating a fact, radar guns are only good if tuned correctly. Also goes to question being that it is at Swayze, what makes you think that gun is not tuned to a lower wavelength so their pitchers have a higher speed?

It could be but I think thats the third different stadium he has touched triple digits in this year.