PDA

View Full Version : Tenn should probably be no. 1

AlSwearengen
03-26-2022, 08:22 PM
They are in the process of taking the soul from olemiss. They are very good.

PGHBulldogBG
03-26-2022, 08:27 PM
Completely agree. I said weeks ago they would win the SEC and nothing has changed my mind. They could win the whole thing. Never thought I would say that about TN baseball

R2Dawg
03-26-2022, 08:30 PM
UT should be 1 and I think will be after this weekend when they sweep OM. UT will get to Omaha now once they get there who knows.

Saltydog
03-26-2022, 08:34 PM
They are in the process of taking the soul from olemiss. They are very good.

You have to have a soul to take first.......They sold their souls to the devil a long time ago.......

chef dixon
03-26-2022, 08:38 PM
Awfully early to crown 'em

AlSwearengen
03-26-2022, 08:41 PM
Awfully early to crown 'em

True. Ark looked near invincible early (most of the season actually) last year and petered out. UT this year has more pitching than ark did last year though.

R2Dawg
03-26-2022, 08:43 PM
I don't think anyone has crowned anyone but UT has the ingredients to win it. Ark did last year too. Doesn't mean they will win it.

Saltydog
03-26-2022, 08:52 PM
Where in the hell is UT getting all these arms? They have some guys throwing some big time heat. They are impressive.

CadaverDawg
03-26-2022, 09:01 PM
I said early on that Tennessee is building a monster, and I was told "I will never fear Tennessee in baseball".....

They certainly have the look of a team to be concerned about.

starkvegasdawg
03-26-2022, 09:04 PM
I said early on that Tennessee is building a monster, and I was told "I will never fear Tennessee in baseball".....

They certainly have the look of a team to be concerned about.

Perhaps that shitbird pitcher shouldn't have guaranteed a win tonight.

DownwardDawg
03-26-2022, 09:12 PM
Ole Miss being highly overrated helps also. Lol at people thinking ole miss is great EVERY DAMN YEAR in February and March.

Tennessee is damn good though. They were very good last year and you could tell they were building a stout team.

Cowbell
03-26-2022, 09:14 PM
They have also hit like 60 Hrs already. Which is insane.
But The hot teams early on always seem to falter down the line.

Saltydog
03-26-2022, 09:14 PM
Yeah but what's impressive DD is that they lost some pretty big pieces and are better.

CaptainObvious
03-26-2022, 09:16 PM
Every guy in UT lineup tonight except 1 is hitting over 300. And that guy is at 294. They have 2 guys over 400, Lipscomb is hitting 388 with 43 rbi. They may set the SEC mark for Team BA, HRs, RBI, and Team ERA.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-26-2022, 09:41 PM
Where in the hell is UT getting all these arms? They have some guys throwing some big time heat. They are impressive.

That's what I say. Why do we ever sign a kid that can't throw 93+? Like so many teams with way less of a program to sell recruits on manage to get just as many hard throwers as we do. Makes no sense to me.

It's like in Football or Basketball, the top programs get their pick of the litter. There is no "Bama had to take this DB that's got a low ceiling" because if they missed on their top targets they'd just take our top WR commit from us.

Well... why did we let teams like TN sign these hard throwers while we trot out Tullar? Hell Bama had that lefty throwing 96 today. Why did we not sign that? Hell, the reason we're trying to make Fristo our closer is that he can throw 94-95 which is the best anyone on our team can consistently do. Tepper and Auger don't have insane stuff either, not that it's "bad"... just not much better than what literally everyone else can recruit.

I do not understand our recruiting. Are we not on the pitchers say, TN gets, or can we not win the recruiting battles? I refuse to believe we're just that much worse at development... we either A) can't scout these kids as early as other teams can, B) are on them but they'd rather play in a small par at a place with no baseball history, or C) we are intentionally passing them up. I can't believe B), and there's no way in hell I believe we intentionally took Jack Walker over some of these tall hard throwing Fr I see in the SEC. So it's got to be C), we just don't try to recruit them

CaptainObvious
03-26-2022, 10:20 PM
Maybe the answer is X. They were signed in a State that can offer full rides in baseball, plus get NIL funds.

The Federalist Engineer
03-26-2022, 11:21 PM
That's what I say. Why do we ever sign a kid that can't throw 93+? Like so many teams with way less of a program to sell recruits on manage to get just as many hard throwers as we do. Makes no sense to me.

It's like in Football or Basketball, the top programs get their pick of the litter. There is no "Bama had to take this DB that's got a low ceiling" because if they missed on their top targets they'd just take our top WR commit from us.

Well... why did we let teams like TN sign these hard throwers while we trot out Tullar? Hell Bama had that lefty throwing 96 today. Why did we not sign that? Hell, the reason we're trying to make Fristo our closer is that he can throw 94-95 which is the best anyone on our team can consistently do. Tepper and Auger don't have insane stuff either, not that it's "bad"... just not much better than what literally everyone else can recruit.

I do not understand our recruiting. Are we not on the pitchers say, TN gets, or can we not win the recruiting battles? I refuse to believe we're just that much worse at development... we either A) can't scout these kids as early as other teams can, B) are on them but they'd rather play in a small par at a place with no baseball history, or C) we are intentionally passing them up. I can't believe B), and there's no way in hell I believe we intentionally took Jack Walker over some of these tall hard throwing Fr I see in the SEC. So it's got to be C), we just don't try to recruit them

Maybe the pitching recruiting during the bad-days of coaching carousel is catching up to the program.

Fristoe, Tepper, Cade, and Pico are all big recruits. Foxhall has to develop them. Cade is SEC and Big Profile ready. Pico is young still.

The pitching recruiting class of 2022 is mid-range rated. No "10" rated players like Cade, Bednar, or Sims. Given that Baseball classes are made 3 to 5 years in advance, this the first pure Lemonis class. (I am not counting the fake recruit from Curacao)

Lemonis better get a half dozen transfers from JC, Mid-Major, or D1 Graduates, we need them. If the roster guys make a leap, great. But next year, looks weak and limited. The draft will take Sims, P Johnson, Stinnett, Hunt, and maybe Fristoe. Leaves Cade alone as the only proven marquee pitcher.

Todd4State
03-26-2022, 11:59 PM
Maybe the pitching recruiting during the bad-days of coaching carousel is catching up to the program.

Fristoe, Tepper, Cade, and Pico are all big recruits. Foxhall has to develop them. Cade is SEC and Big Profile ready. Pico is young still.

The pitching recruiting class of 2022 is mid-range rated. No "10" rated players like Cade, Bednar, or Sims. Given that Baseball classes are made 3 to 5 years in advance, this the first pure Lemonis class. (I am not counting the fake recruit from Curacao)

Lemonis better get a half dozen transfers from JC, Mid-Major, or D1 Graduates, we need them. If the roster guys make a leap, great. But next year, looks weak and limited. The draft will take Sims, P Johnson, Stinnett, Hunt, and maybe Fristoe. Leaves Cade alone as the only proven marquee pitcher.

Fristoe should be back. I think he goes to the Cape and hopefully makes a jump like others we have had in the past. You mentioned Cade and Pico. Tepper is very talented. We have to put him in better situations than we have though. I think we have three JUCO pitchers committed. Need to get Holcombe to school out of that group. Simmons should be back next year in some capacity as well. We'll see how he recovers. I wouldn't be surprised if Brandon Smith is back as well.

Todd4State
03-27-2022, 12:06 AM

Their pitching coach used to be Augie Garrido's pitching coach at Texas and built some National Championship staffs there. He's legit.

Foxhall built the NC State staff last year that shut down Arkansas and scared Vandy last year though.

I wouldn't give up on Walker so soon. He'll go off somewhere this summer and work on some things and will hopefully get better. He was the Louisiana pitcher of the year and one of the best in high school last year. I'm fine with taking him.

I really like the guys we've got committed as far as pitchers go. Evan Siary, Will Gibbs, McLain Ray, Bradley Loftin, Austin Tommasinni, the amphibious guy from Curacao, Max Miller are some of my favorites. Most of them are topping out around 92-93 right now.

SilentSteel16
03-27-2022, 12:16 AM
Maybe we can use him in the bad weather or high humidity games since he is amphibious…. Just kidding with you.

We all know what you meant, unless of course you were making fun of a post a couple weeks back, then good on ya..

Todd4State
03-27-2022, 01:27 AM
Maybe we can use him in the bad weather or high humidity games since he is amphibious…. Just kidding with you.

We all know what you meant, unless of course you were making fun of a post a couple weeks back, then good on ya..

Yeah. I'm playing along with Coach34's post from a couple of weeks ago. LOL.

I'm not really sure how we would use a player like that. I've only seen one pitcher like that and he was a relief pitcher that didn't have nearly as good stuff as our recruit does. I suspect we'll have to keep a pitch count with both arms which in theory should allow him to go deeper into games as long as he is effective. IF he comes to school that is.

maroonmania
03-27-2022, 08:05 AM
I know in baseball, for the most part, it really only matters how you are playing at the end but still I am a bit envious of teams like TN this year and Ark last year and so forth that come out of the gate ready to go and play well all year. Seems like our coaches don't do much in the offseason and then take half the regular season to figure out things that should have been figured out in Fall ball about what players can do what. This year we've really looked unprepared to start a season.

R2Dawg
03-27-2022, 08:15 AM
I know in baseball, for the most part, it really only matters how you are playing at the end but still I am a bit envious of teams like TN this year and Ark last year and so forth that come out of the gate ready to go and play well all year. Seems like our coaches don't do much in the offseason and then take half the regular season to figure out things that should have been figured out in Fall ball about what players can do what. This year we've really looked unprepared to start a season.

Agree, something seems off in preparation but I do see a difference in game time performance too. UT did fall apart last year in Omaha too. End of year matters.

Matt3467
03-27-2022, 08:22 AM
OM is the first team they've beat that I consider to be of quality. Prior to them the teams they beat have a combined W-L under .500 at 108-122.

basedog
03-27-2022, 08:30 AM

I slightly disagree. I think the players were somewhat cocky and a little arrogant after winning the Natty. I just thought they were thinking that was easy and we will do it again attitude as did "we" fans! Plyers have to make plays but coaches have to put players in a winning situation. No way I would fault Lemonis for our start.

maroonmania
03-27-2022, 08:33 AM
I slightly disagree. I think the players were somewhat cocky and a little arrogant after winning the Natty. I just thought they were thinking that was easy and we will do it again attitude as did "we" fans! Plyers have to make plays but coaches have to put players in a winning situation. No way I would fault Lemonis for our start.

I think that was even more an impact for this year but we struggled out of the gate last year as well. Our record wasn't that bad out of the gate last year but we had a number of games with late inning heroics to prevent us from having a similar start to this year.

basedog
03-27-2022, 08:39 AM
I think that was even more an impact for this year but we struggled out of the gate last year as well. Our record wasn't that bad out of the gate last year but we had a number of games with late inning heroics to prevent us from having a similar start to this year.

Yep and in baseball that is a sign of a good team never given up. In sports you always play till the clock runs out or in baseball till the last out is recorded. Baseball is a weird sport but in any sport it's not always how you start but how you finish. Good example, look at Ole Dixie's history in baseball.

Schultzy
03-27-2022, 09:09 AM
I’m surprised they took this Tennessee team so lightly again last night.

Commercecomet24
03-27-2022, 01:22 PM
Yep and in baseball that is a sign of a good team never given up. In sports you always play till the clock runs out or in baseball till the last out is recorded. Baseball is a weird sport but in any sport it's not always how you start but how you finish. Good example, look at Ole Dixie's history in baseball.

Agree 100%. Baseball is a wonderfully strange sport and often times the teams that start out of the gate blazing run out of gas. Baseball is a long season full of ups and downs sometimes the downs are at the beginning sometimes the middle and sometimes at the end but inevitably every team goes through a down period. Our staff understands how to navigate these periods.

R2Dawg
03-27-2022, 02:26 PM
I?m surprised they took this Tennessee team so lightly again last night.

What a stupid comment when you are playiing the best team in the country right now. That is what you get when you think you are the best team - not.