PDA

View Full Version : Coaching

Cowbell
03-26-2022, 05:22 PM
Think about all the late inning pinch run/hit/fielding moves that lemonis made. Work of art to get through those last two innings.

shoeless joe
03-26-2022, 05:23 PM
And the ability to fight and stay focused and never give up is a 100% direct reflection of a coaches ability.

Commercecomet24
03-26-2022, 05:25 PM
He's elite along with the whole staff.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2022, 05:35 PM
He's elite along with the whole staff.

Folks were mentioning him in the same breath as Gene ****ING Chizick a few weeks ago, lol.

Commercecomet24
03-26-2022, 05:37 PM
Folks were mentioning him in the same breath as Gene ****ING Chizick a few weeks ago, lol.

Yeah I think some genius on here compared him to chizik AND croom lol

Cowbell
03-26-2022, 05:38 PM

People were still calling our hitting coach out in todays thread. And we ended with 14 hits

basedog
03-26-2022, 05:39 PM
People were still calling our hitting coach out in todays thread. And we ended with 14 hits

As Ron Polk would say “Bless their hearts”. LOL

Cooterpoot
03-26-2022, 05:54 PM
We're hitting it. Got probably our best guy going tomorrow. Pen is all over the the place. I'm liking what we're doing though. Can't help the injuries. But we've decided to scrap with everybody and thats fun!

PGHBulldogBG
03-26-2022, 08:49 PM

Ironically most of those people think Leach is the best coach ever lol but think Lemonis is Chizik

Todd4State
03-27-2022, 01:55 AM

I've just come to the realization that no matter how we do on offense some fans are going to have "issues" with it unless maybe we average something unrealistic like 15 runs a game in SEC play.

And even then they would find "something that could have hurt us in a closer game." I mean we did get out 24 times that day.**

Todd4State
03-27-2022, 01:56 AM
Ironically most of those people think Leach is the best coach ever lol but think Lemonis is Chizik

Not based on what I've read and seen from MSU fans.

maroonmania
03-27-2022, 08:30 AM
I think this staff does a great job of in season adjustments and Lemonis makes very good moves within games. The last 2 seasons at least though we have looked totally unprepared to start a season. Also, I've not been blown away by Foxhall. We have a lot of arms that can't find the strike zone or else get hit hard when they do. Landon Sims was so dominant out of the pen last year that he covered up a lot of other pitching problems that we had. Bednar catching fire in Omaha made the difference in the CWS. I didn't realize at the time how big a deal it was when Harding decided not to come back but that has turned out to be a huge deal for us given the current status of our staff.

basedog
03-27-2022, 08:32 AM
I think this staff does a great job of in season adjustments and Lemonis makes very good moves within games. The last 2 seasons at least though we have looked totally unprepared to start a season. Also, I've not been blown away by Foxhall. We have a lot of arms that can't find the strike zone or else get hit hard when they do. Landon Sims was so dominant out of the pen last year that he covered up a lot of other pitching problems that we had. Bednar catching fire in Omaha made the difference in the CWS. I didn't realize at the time how big a deal it was when Harding decided not to come back but that has turned out to be a huge deal for us given the current status of our staff.

U should ask the pitchers about Foxhall.

maroonmania
03-27-2022, 08:37 AM
U should ask the pitchers about Foxhall.

All I can judge on is the product put out on the field and what results we are getting.

BrunswickDawg
03-27-2022, 08:39 AM
Yeah I think some genius on here compared him to chizik AND croom lol

You mean the guy who just sits on a bucket all game? No way?**

Did anyone else listen to Joel's "Dear Ol State pod this week with Cohen? Cohen called Lemonis "the coach who just sits on a bucket" - I about lost it

basedog
03-27-2022, 08:41 AM
All I can judge on is the product put out on the field and what results we are getting.

I understand, not bashing you, just saying......

BrunswickDawg
03-27-2022, 09:00 AM

Which results? The fact that Fox has gotten pitchers to improve year on year, been part of staff that has gotten us to 2 straight CWS and Natty? Or the guy now taking a group struggling with injuries to 4 guys and adapting them to get us back on track?

Schultzy
03-27-2022, 09:18 AM
Lemonis exudes confidence which his teams feed off of; it’s why I think he gets so much out of his teams.

The whole staff, really.

Cowbell
03-27-2022, 09:24 AM

You mean leading the nation in strikeouts two years in a row?

We are also not even top 50 walks allowed per nine and quite a few SEC teams are including Tennessee. We are currently 9th nationally in fielding percentage which is not the view most of our fans seem to have. I think sometimes it good to set our perspective some...

Commercecomet24
03-27-2022, 09:37 AM
Which results? The fact that Fox has gotten pitchers to improve year on year, been part of staff that has gotten us to 2 straight CWS and Natty? Or the guy now taking a group struggling with injuries to 4 guys and adapting them to get us back on track?

Right! I believe people get tunnel vision because they only watch us and only notice the warts. Watch other teams from across the country and you'll come to appreciate what we have in Lemonis, Jake, Foxhall and Cheese.

Cowbell
03-27-2022, 09:43 AM
Right! I believe people get tunnel vision because they only watch us and only notice the warts. Watch other teams from across the country and you'll come to appreciate what we have in Lemonis, Jake, Foxhall and Cheese.

We have arguably the best staff in the country. Poor ole state... in a top three sport. And a head coach that shoots us straight. He literally has told us exactly what's going on from day one this season. He ain't hiding issues or sugar-coating like most believe.

The most exciting thing from this weekend to me was Lemonis comments on Preston Johnson - he said he needs to have better outings and that he has really good stuff - and preston had a good enough day to win us the game - but it tells me we haven't seen the best of Preston Johnson. PJ is the next pitcher that we as fans underestimate and by years end we are gonna realize how special he is. And lemonis and fox see it.

BrunswickDawg
03-27-2022, 09:52 AM

No doubt. Just look at how UT has shut down the all-world hitters up the road this weekend.

People also think progression in baseball is a straight line - which it isn't.

maroonmania
03-27-2022, 01:15 PM
You mean leading the nation in strikeouts two years in a row?

We are also not even top 50 walks allowed per nine and quite a few SEC teams are including Tennessee. We are currently 9th nationally in fielding percentage which is not the view most of our fans seem to have. I think sometimes it good to set our perspective some...

My perspective is just fine. I only said I wasn't blown away with him, not that he was garbage. Just looking at this year we basically have Preston Smith and Cade Smith as guys you have some confidence in when they take the mound. That's basically it. That is not nearly enough even with injuries. Guys like Fristoe, Stinnett, Tullar, Tepper, BSmith etc. have all regressed or at least not improved to where we can count on them. If you guys want to be all rosy with a different opinion on it be my guest.