PDA

View Full Version : Alabama baseball coach comments, don't forget

TheLostDawg
03-26-2022, 07:28 AM
Let's take all 3

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mississippi-states-lemonis-responds-comments-010200220.html

basedog
03-26-2022, 07:54 AM
Lemonis handled this situation great. But actually, I don't see big deal what the Bama Coach said, it isn't the first time nor the last time folks knock Stark Vegas. It ain't for everyone but neither other school or places for kids or parents.

CaptainObvious
03-26-2022, 08:23 AM
Tuscaloosa would be Opp, Al. If they didn?t have Northport. Most of Tuscaloosa is a dump.

Cowbell
03-26-2022, 09:29 AM
Maybe the fireworks last night gave him a better feeling about Vegas

RocketDawg
03-26-2022, 09:43 AM
Tuscaloosa would be Opp, Al. If they didn?t have Northport. Most of Tuscaloosa is a dump.

Yeah, it's not a Utopia. In fact, Tuscaloosa County actually lost a small number of people in the latest estimate (for July 2021) that was just released last Thursday.

R2Dawg
03-26-2022, 10:29 AM
Lemonis handled this situation great. But actually, I don't see big deal what the Bama Coach said, it isn't the first time nor the last time folks knock Stark Vegas. It ain't for everyone but neither other school or places for kids or parents.

Agree but as ain opposing coach, you don't say stuff like that. You show respect to your opponent, school, etc. Bush league and he gets stuff back for it so be it he earned it.

Gutter Cobreh
03-26-2022, 11:23 AM

This! As someone that doesn't live in MS, I can tell you that in my current area of Georgia there are a lot more kids choosing to go to MS State because they love the feel of the town on their campus tours. It also helps that State is getting creative with what they're doing with out of state tuition. GA has the Zell Miller scholarship, so it's hard to pass up sending your kid to an in-state school - but if all things are made equal concerning dollars - we have an advantage. Never thought I'd say that, but I'm seeing it through others decisions.

OLJWales
03-26-2022, 11:38 AM

Being a SEC Coach made it a big deal. Dude trashed our academics and student athletes choosing STATE. I would say the same had it been another school he referenced outside Oxfart.

basedog
03-26-2022, 12:26 PM
I get what you guys are saying and the good thing about all this is we are kicking their butt! Sometimes when you are called out its best to take the "high side" and continue to bury your opponent.

It's Bama, about what I expect.

TheLostDawg
03-26-2022, 05:50 PM
This! As someone that doesn't live in MS, I can tell you that in my current area of Georgia there are a lot more kids choosing to go to MS State because they love the feel of the town on their campus tours. It also helps that State is getting creative with what they're doing with out of state tuition. GA has the Zell Miller scholarship, so it's hard to pass up sending your kid to an in-state school - but if all things are made equal concerning dollars - we have an advantage. Never thought I'd say that, but I'm seeing it through others decisions.

Yes our academics are great. Yes it has its own college feel. However he said the only reason to go there is sports.
Basically the definition of ignorant.

TheLostDawg
03-26-2022, 05:52 PM
I get what you guys are saying and the good thing about all this is we are kicking their butt! Sometimes when you are called out its best to take the "high side" and continue to bury your opponent.

It's Bama, about what I expect.

Yes. However the point of bringing this back up is for our guys and fans to get pissed and give them hell

basedog
03-26-2022, 05:56 PM
Yes. However the point of bringing this back up is for our guys and fans to get pissed and give them hell

LOL, you win!

chef dixon
03-26-2022, 06:26 PM
He probably currently feels worse about Starkville than he ever has before

Turfdawg67
03-26-2022, 07:41 PM

I have kids getting ready for college. How is State getting creative with out of state tuition?

OLJWales
03-26-2022, 07:58 PM
I have kids getting ready for college. How is State getting creative with out of state tuition?

Bohannan Foundation. He Loves STATE.

R2Dawg
03-26-2022, 08:25 PM
Yes our academics are great. Yes it has its own college feel. However he said the only reason to go there is sports.
Basically the definition of ignorant.

Such an ironic comment. 2/3 of Bama student enrollment is only there because their football team is good.

R2Dawg
03-26-2022, 08:28 PM

MSU gives more scholarship money than anyone else for good students. If you are an alumni like me, both my kids got 16K in alumni scholarship. MSU is also one of few schools who give valedictorian and salutatorian scholarships.

Saltydog
03-26-2022, 08:46 PM
Well, all I can say is Tuscaloosa must not have any dentist that specialize in orthodontics. Holy shit, Bohannon has summer teeth........He could floss with a rope......

Commercecomet24
03-26-2022, 09:36 PM
Well, all I can say is Tuscaloosa must not have any dentist that specialize in orthodontics. Holy shit, Bohannon has summer teeth........He could floss with a rope......

That's hilarious! Have some rep!

FriarsPoint
03-26-2022, 10:41 PM
He made some snide remarks last year too. Ignore him.

Todd4State
03-27-2022, 01:41 AM
The ironic thing about Bohannon is Cohen is a BIG reason why is where he is right now. Basically gave him his first break at Kentucky and probably gave him a good reference to Butch Thompson at Auburn and to Greg Byrne at Alabama who I'm 100% sure went to Cohen about him during the hiring process.

I definitely get his frustration with the scholarship situation. That said with NIL I think that will remedy that situation. But HE has to build a program where their fans buy in to the program to get that NIL money.

He may be able to do that. They have a good history they have played in the Final round as many times as MSU has- in 1983 and 1997. They made a meh hire in Mitch Gaspard after Wells and then Greg Goff wasn't a fit there and they fired him after a season. They've been wondering in the wilderness for at least 10-15 years now. Bohannon at least has them back to making regionals again.

They never have had the fan support or fan base that MSU has though despite having relatively similar success or maybe even arguably better than MSU through 2000.

R2Dawg
03-27-2022, 07:53 AM
The ironic thing about Bohannon is Cohen is a BIG reason why is where he is right now. Basically gave him his first break at Kentucky and probably gave him a good reference to Butch Thompson at Auburn and to Greg Byrne at Alabama who I'm 100% sure went to Cohen about him during the hiring process.

I definitely get his frustration with the scholarship situation. That said with NIL I think that will remedy that situation. But HE has to build a program where their fans buy in to the program to get that NIL money.

He may be able to do that. They have a good history they have played in the Final round as many times as MSU has- in 1983 and 1997. They made a meh hire in Mitch Gaspard after Wells and then Greg Goff wasn't a fit there and they fired him after a season. They've been wondering in the wilderness for at least 10-15 years now. Bohannon at least has them back to making regionals again.

They never have had the fan support or fan base that MSU has though despite having relatively similar success or maybe even arguably better than MSU through 2000.

Agree with much of this. Bama baseball is going to struggle being a national power IMO because of so much competition for attention at Alabama. Football rules, if they can win big they will follow MBB for a season. Softball has been so dominant they get the spotlight. Even at Bama, there is only so much spotlight to go around.

The two finals you mention where when Bama football was in the dark ages.

Gutter Cobreh
03-27-2022, 11:41 AM

MSU gives more scholarship money than anyone else for good students. If you are an alumni like me, both my kids got 16K in alumni scholarship. MSU is also one of few schools who give valedictorian and salutatorian scholarships.

What R2Dawg stated.

Also, from what I understand - parents income also plays a big part:
1) Charge the out of state, but pull more federal aid to offset cost (need based + academic scholarship)
2) Waive out of state, which essentially matches in-state for those living in states like Georgia.

They may have always done these things and I just haven't been aware, but I know it's pulling kids from where I live in Georgia. While athletics gets creative in their scholarship allotment, it seems the school is also maximizing their resources using their lower than average in-state tuition costs.