PDA

View Full Version : Molinar Declares for Draft

BrunswickDawg
03-25-2022, 12:58 PM
His draft grade will be interesting...

https://twitter.com/MolinarIverson3/status/1507404903572025344?s=20&t=3mHLbaNxjdrhcHhL1BgH5Q

StarkVegasSteve
03-25-2022, 01:14 PM
I doubt he gets a great grade. If I had a comp for him it would probably be a lesser version of De'Aaron Fox. Both great cutters to the basket and can get to their spot, but they both struggle from 3. As I said, I think Molinar is a lesser version of that because I don't think he has the explosiveness that Fox has. I'd imagine he'll get a late second to undrafted grade.

EdwardDrayton
03-25-2022, 01:39 PM
Of course I could be wrong but believe he ends up playing in Europe. Little chance he returns to college and even then there’s the risk he does not return to State.

Coach34
03-25-2022, 01:57 PM
Rumor has it if the draft process doesn’t go well he is going to return to college and transfer to Kansas or another big program

Jan is probably working hard to recruit him back I imagine

Tbonewannabe
03-25-2022, 02:00 PM
Of course I could be wrong but believe he ends up playing in Europe. Little chance he returns to college and even then there’s the risk he does not return to State.

Why do you think he doesn't return to State? He states that he is maintaining his eligibility so it gives him an opportunity to be back next year. Is this one of those things where he finds out what he needs to work on next year so he can be drafted? I believe Coach Jans said he was recruiting the players on the team just like other recruits.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-25-2022, 02:34 PM
He’s a Top 45-50 prospect. Before his 1 on 1 with Jans i would’ve bet he leaves MSU & transfer. After their meeting I’m not sure anymore.

NCMSTFAN
03-25-2022, 02:55 PM
Alot of Mock drafts have him going in the early to late 2nd round. If he has some good workouts he can possibly sneak into the late 1st. I personally think Molinar has an NBA game, he's a hard worker too so that shot will improve it wouldn't surprise me to see a team take a chance on him. If he does come back to college, I have a feeling he transfers somewhere else for his Senior season because he had a really good relationship with Howland and McCray, not saying that Jans couldn't keep him at State but as Ive been saying, I'm not sure how good Jans can recruit yet.

https://www.nbadraft.net/nba-mock-drafts/

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nba-mock-draft-march-madness-chet-holmgren-top-prospects

https://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2953815-2022-nba-mock-draft-shake-up-in-the-top-5-full-2-round-predictions

CovertDawg
03-25-2022, 03:03 PM
Molinar is an interesting prospect. He went from being very good from 3 (43%) last year to terrible from 3 this year (25%). Not sure I have ever seen such a drop from a player who got at least 100 attempts in both seasons. That being said, he shot 87% from the Free Throw Line and this is the number NBA Analytics guys will use as the tie-breaker when trying to determine whether the player at least has the potential to be a good shooter....so he does have that going for him.

RougeDawg
03-25-2022, 04:06 PM
Molinar is an interesting prospect. He went from being very good from 3 (43%) last year to terrible from 3 this year (25%). Not sure I have ever seen such a drop from a player who got at least 100 attempts in both seasons. That being said, he shot 87% from the Free Throw Line and this is the number NBA Analytics guys will use as the tie-breaker when trying to determine whether the player at least has the potential to be a good shooter....so he does have that going for him.

Because I?m almost 100% certain Howland makes his teams practice against air. During a game it throws us off our game when there are 5 more guys on the court.

Saltydog
03-25-2022, 04:26 PM
If you can't hit a 3 at 22' 2", you can't hit from 23' 9"..........I love Molinar but I don't see his game as NBA material.....Quindarry was a much better shooter and just as good a slasher at Iverson........He may very well transfer but I don't see him as a great NBA prosepct.........

Ifyouonlyknew
03-25-2022, 04:29 PM
If you can't hit a 3 at 22' 2", you can't hit from 23' 9"..........Yeah, he's not getting drafted.......It's either transfer or play in one of the dozens of Euro leagues.......

He’s definitely getting drafted if he stays in the draft. The question he has to ask is if he wants to come back & try to slide in the back in of the 1st. Iverson shot 43% from 3 last year & hes shot over 80% from the line the last 2 years so they have data of him shooting well.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-25-2022, 04:29 PM
Because I?m almost 100% certain Howland makes his teams practice against air. During a game it throws us off our game when there are 5 more guys on the court.

They run 5 on 5 in practice plenty.

BeardoMSU
03-25-2022, 05:12 PM
He’s definitely getting drafted if he stays in the draft. The question he has to ask is if he wants to come back & try to slide in the back in of the 1st. Iverson shot 43% from 3 last year & hes shot over 80% from the line the last 2 years so they have data of him shooting well.

Assuming he stays in the draft, what's the portal outlook for us next year? Also how do you think the HS recruiting will be focused?

msstate7
03-25-2022, 06:14 PM
Jermaine Couisnard in the portal. I like this guy

NCMSTFAN
03-25-2022, 06:31 PM
If you can't hit a 3 at 22' 2", you can't hit from 23' 9"..........I love Molinar but I don't see his game as NBA material.....Quindarry was a much better shooter and just as good a slasher at Iverson........He may very well transfer but I don't see him as a great NBA prosepct.........

There have been alot of bad college shooters that corrected it in the NBA. Jason Kidd, Kawhi Leonard, Blake Griffin, Avery Bradley, Michael Redd.. just to name a few. He can work on that aspect. Molinar has the tools to be an NBA player

Ifyouonlyknew
03-25-2022, 07:04 PM
Assuming he stays in the draft, what's the portal outlook for us next year? Also how do you think the HS recruiting will be focused?

Portal PG, Shooter, & a big. We’re done with HS recruiting.

NCMSTFAN
03-25-2022, 07:33 PM
Portal PG, Shooter, & a big. We’re done with HS recruiting.

I agree with this... I think Jans will get the majority of his guys from the portal

Santiago
03-27-2022, 11:20 AM
Are we about 5 years from Dampier's son being a college player?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-27-2022, 12:47 PM
Are we about 5 years from Dampier's son being a college player?

He’s 6th-7th grade

Dawgsfanalongtime77
03-27-2022, 06:32 PM
It?s a possibility he gets drafted but his perimeter shooting is a question mark. Will see what happens