PDA

View Full Version : It's spring...new severe threat next Wednesday

starkvegasdawg
03-25-2022, 06:14 AM
Early indications are for another strong storm system to move through Wednesday with wind profiles favorable for supercells producing strong straight line winds and tornadoes. If trends continue expect an upgrade to at least enhanced in the next few days.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOsONFZWYB8LKun?format=jpg&name=900x900

ArrowDawg
03-25-2022, 09:06 AM
Early indications are for another strong storm system to move through Wednesday with wind profiles favorable for supercells producing strong straight line winds and tornadoes. If trends continue expect an upgrade to at least enhanced in the next few days.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOsONFZWYB8LKun?format=jpg&name=900x900

I wish I lived in a state where I'd like spring. Instead, here it's constant worry about the next tornado outbreak.

parabrave
03-25-2022, 10:24 AM
I wish I lived in a state where I'd like spring. Instead, here it's constant worry about the next tornado outbreak.

Ever been to Nevada?

DownwardDawg
03-25-2022, 11:30 AM

Yep. And since I've moved to the Nashville area, I just moved downstream of the storms. Still get them just a day later. And now my daughter and family live in my home on 84 in Covington county. I have more worries now. At least I get winter storms too now! Yay

Churchill
03-25-2022, 02:08 PM
Any week in central Mississippi between now and Mid May without a tornado threat is a great week. It gets old.

DownwardDawg
03-25-2022, 04:24 PM
Any week in central Mississippi between now and Mid May without a tornado threat is a great week. It gets old.

It sure does.

Dawg_Lover
03-25-2022, 08:07 PM
If I could, I would build a monolithic dome home.
They have many advantages:
(1) It will withstand at least a EF4 tornado. (2) It?s practically fireproof. Of the structure itself, nothing will burn except possibly the interior walls, according to the building material used. (3) Termite proof. (4) Holds up well to earthquakes, which is one of the reasons there have been dome churches built in Alaska. (5) They are energy efficient. Normally save 40 to 50% on utilities. (6) Upkeep is very low cost. (7) Lastly, home insurance costs are significantly less.
Some may not their looks, but for these advantages, especially not worrying about tornadoes, I would not mind at all.
A California couple rode out a wildfire, in their dome home a few years ago, as it came up one side of a canyon, burned over the top of them, and down the other side. Their home literally had no damage. Their vehicles, in a separate dome garage structure, had no damage either. Even though you could not tell looking at the pictures, they said the exterior was left a little dingy and power washing would take care of that.

Below is a link to the house plans by Monolithic Dome, in Little Italy, TX.
They also host workshops teaching individuals how to build one. My brother went years ago, and built a combination storm shelter and kind of an above ground pantry, complete with shelving and a freezer.

https://www.monolithic.org/homes/floorplans

starkvegasdawg
03-25-2022, 08:34 PM
Just got a little excited. NWS confirmed a tornado on the storm I was on Tuesday near Macon. Just went back and reviewed my live stream video and I think I got it on film for a few minutes before it completely rain wrapped.

shoeless joe
03-25-2022, 08:59 PM
I gave a hard time to the pine belt on the last storm. Ended up having an EF1 hit about a mile from the house here in the golden triangle. Fortunate we dodged it.

starkvegasdawg
03-26-2022, 05:57 AM
Upgrade to an enhanced risk. One possible silver lining is it's looking now that this will be more of a straight line wind threat and less of a tornado threat.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FOxTseJXEAE7OaI?format=jpg&name=900x900

SaintDawg
03-26-2022, 11:26 AM
Pretty active March we've had. Wonder what April has in store.

starkvegasdawg
03-27-2022, 04:40 AM
Latest from the SPC concerning Wednesday:

An appreciable severe-weather risk appears increasingly likely across the Lower Mississippi Valley and Middle Gulf Coast region on Wednesday/Day 4. This includes the potential for widespread damaging winds and tornadoes, including the possibility of a regional-type tornado outbreak including strong (EF2+) tornadoes.

ArrowDawg
03-27-2022, 08:51 AM
Latest from the SPC concerning Wednesday:

An appreciable severe-weather risk appears increasingly likely across the Lower Mississippi Valley and Middle Gulf Coast region on Wednesday/Day 4. This includes the potential for widespread damaging winds and tornadoes, including the possibility of a regional-type tornado outbreak including strong (EF2+) tornadoes.

You can always count on the SPC ramping up the doom and gloom with each update.

starkvegasdawg
03-27-2022, 12:11 PM
You can always count on the SPC ramping up the doom and gloom with each update.

This isn't a slam dunk set up...yet. But if the SPC thinking materializes then this Wednesday could be a bad day.

ArrowDawg
03-27-2022, 12:31 PM
This isn't a slam dunk set up...yet. But if the SPC thinking materializes then this Wednesday could be a bad day.

All I know is that I'm already sick of being in the damn bullseye every week, and it's not even April.

starkvegasdawg
03-28-2022, 03:14 PM
The HRR is just now starting to pick up on the beginning of the Wednesday event. So far it is following along with the mid range models and making this a qlcs event with embedded tornadic circulations. What that means is, if this holds, is a significant straight line wind event with a few tornadoes spinning up. It currently goes out to 1:00pm Wednesday and is not showing much in the way of discrete supercell activity which should greatly reduce both the number and strength of tornadoes. The 00z run will be in around 9:30-10:00 and it will be the first run to cover almost the entire event.

Commercecomet24
03-28-2022, 03:18 PM
Thanks SVD! Keep us posted!

Dawg_Lover
03-28-2022, 04:45 PM
Thanks SVD, and all of our dedicated weather dawgs. Good guys do not just wear capes or white hats. They wear maroon hats, too. Although a maroon cape, with Bully on the back, would make a great selfie in windy weather.

starkvegasdawg
03-28-2022, 05:20 PM
Thanks SVD, and all of our dedicated weather dawgs. Good guys do not just wear capes or white hats. They wear maroon hats, too. Although a maroon cape, with Bully on the back, would make a great selfie in windy weather.

That would be Wednesday before the storms. Could easily have non storm winds in the 40-60mph category...especially in east MS.

starkvegasdawg
03-29-2022, 02:46 AM
Moderate risk issued for Wednesday. Expect an intense QLCS to form and push through the state. Prior to the line, expect non storm winds of 30-40mph with gusts up to 50-60mph. The line itself will see winds up to 70-80mph with several embedded tornadoes...some of which could be strong and long track. SPC is calling for a regional severe weather outbreak. While discrete supercells are not expected, they are not completely ruled out. If...IF...any can form and mature ahead of this line they will be capable of strong to violent tornadoes.

Tornado threat:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPADJgUXsAkMdVP?format=jpg&name=900x900

Wind threat:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPADJhKXoAMV_-7?format=jpg&name=900x900

ArrowDawg
03-29-2022, 09:25 AM
Moderate risk issued for Wednesday. Expect an intense QLCS to form and push through the state. Prior to the line, expect non storm winds of 30-40mph with gusts up to 50-60mph. The line itself will see winds up to 70-80mph with several embedded tornadoes...some of which could be strong and long track. SPC is calling for a regional severe weather outbreak. While discrete supercells are not expected, they are not completely ruled out. If...IF...any can form and mature ahead of this line they will be capable of strong to violent tornadoes.

Is there any sign of this pattern changing anytime soon? It's getting kind of ridiculous how the same, exact area keeps getting the tornado bullseye.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-29-2022, 10:01 AM
Is there any sign of this pattern changing anytime soon? It's getting kind of ridiculous how the same, exact area keeps getting the tornado bullseye.

I'm no weather man, but I would assume until the jet stream changes, it will remain the same pattern.

starkvegasdawg
03-29-2022, 10:41 AM

We're entering our spring severe weather season. We'll be under the gun off and on until mid May. I guess a bad time to mention we may be doing this again next week.

Homedawg
03-29-2022, 12:25 PM
We're entering our spring severe weather season. We'll be under the gun off and on until mid May. I guess a bad time to mention we may be doing this again next week.

What is the timing of the storm I'm supposed to fly back into Jackson tomorrow night around 7:30

starkvegasdawg
03-29-2022, 12:57 PM
What is the timing of the storm I'm supposed to fly back into Jackson tomorrow night around 7:30

Jackson should be clear by then. If you're flying in from the west you're good.

Dawg_Lover
03-29-2022, 01:05 PM
According to the latest map, the moderate areas now cover the entirety, of Mississippi, West TN, plus parts of AR, LA, & AL. Good grief.

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWSMemphis

https://mobile.twitter.com/NWSJacksonMS

Homedawg
03-29-2022, 01:23 PM
Jackson should be clear by then. If you're flying in from the west you're good.

Flying in from Baltimore ... maybe we can fly west then south and miss it???

basedog
03-29-2022, 01:37 PM
Flying in from Baltimore ... maybe we can fly west then south and miss it???

Nothing or nowhere is there better Crap Cakes in Baltimore! Even at the airport!

Commercecomet24
03-29-2022, 01:41 PM
Nothing or nowhere is there better Crap Cakes in Baltimore! Even at the airport!

I think I'll pass on the crap cakes lol!

Dawg_Lover
03-29-2022, 02:00 PM

Best laugh of the day! 😂🤣

ArrowDawg
03-29-2022, 02:14 PM

That's not what I asked. I've lived here my whole life, so I know how long the severe weather season is. Never mind.

basedog
03-29-2022, 03:28 PM

LMBO, I didn't even see the misspelling, but at least one has to laugh at ones safe. Damn auto checker**

Commercecomet24
03-29-2022, 03:32 PM
LMBO, I didn't even see the misspelling, but at least one has to laugh at ones safe. Damn auto checker**

HA! Happens to me all the time when i send texts.

It was pretty dang funny!

Dawg_Lover
03-29-2022, 03:35 PM

HA! Now, if I could find a way to blame the times I stick my foot in my mouth on auto correct.

basedog
03-29-2022, 04:13 PM
HA! Now, if I could find a way to blame the times I stick my foot in my mouth on auto correct.

We need the fact check from FB* LOL! Maybe I do anyway!

parabrave
03-29-2022, 05:03 PM

Try Norfolk harbor. Of course this was 30 years ago

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-29-2022, 09:24 PM
Any updates? Wind is already whipping around here in west central MS.

starkvegasdawg
03-29-2022, 09:45 PM
Any updates? Wind is already whipping around here in west central MS.

Haven't looked at anything this afternoon. Winds will steadily increase through the night and into the morning. Storms look to enter the state around 1:00 and be pushed out of the state around 8:00. Main storm mode still looks to be a QLCS. Things just aren't looking good for discrete cells, but if any can develop and mature they would carry a significant tornado threat. The QLCS will have a lesser tornado threat but there should still be some embedded spin ups and a couple of those could be strong. Hail not a big concern due to mediocre lapse rates. Winds tomorrow before the storms make it here will be gusting a sustained 20-30mph with gusts up to 60. The line of storms will have the potential for winds up to 80mph. SPC updates tonight so see what they say.

parabrave
03-30-2022, 12:59 AM
Hey Vdog where you staging tomorrow?

starkvegasdawg
03-30-2022, 02:42 AM
Hey Vdog where you staging tomorrow?

Not sure. But I want to say this about today. Take this system seriously. The wording from the SPC in their latest advisory is scary as hell. No other way to put it.

ScoobaDawg
03-30-2022, 12:19 PM
Tornado Watch issued... for a most of MS until 8pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FPHRfeFVcAAds0k?format=jpg&name=medium

ScoobaDawg
03-30-2022, 12:21 PM
and here we go...

https://twitter.com/RadarOmega/status/1509216638415036417

Todd4State
03-30-2022, 05:54 PM
and here we go...

https://twitter.com/RadarOmega/status/1509216638415036417

What about the Mississippi Gulf Coast?

parabrave
03-30-2022, 06:14 PM
The GPT/BIX area should be getting the line around 9-10. The line will be hauling ass through here and might produce some water spouts. According to WLOX/