PDA

View Full Version : David Cutcliffe hired by SEC

TrapGame
03-24-2022, 03:56 PM
Cut will be looking at player issues and possible rules to be implemented or changed.

Source: Brett McMurphy

Tater
03-24-2022, 03:59 PM
arch to SEC corporate confirmed. Saban, Texsa, and Old Myth. got sniped on this hire amazing.

OLJWales
03-24-2022, 05:53 PM
Ain't got no qualms with this here Ex-Ole Pisser atall. Why I'd let him babysit my youngins ifin I had an inklin to. Yes sir ree Bob. Ain't funnin' ya a bit.

FISHDAWG
03-25-2022, 07:49 AM
and Colonel Reb says Daayyummnn maybe the South WON'T rise again ..... I think it's hilarious that he's not seriously (or never seriously ) considering the place where QB legends are born**
Lord knows we have lost our share of alumni offspring

StarkVegasSteve
03-25-2022, 09:04 AM
This feels like a Saban move to keep him off Sark's staff. My money has always been on UGA for Arch, but I'm starting to think Saban may steal him.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
03-25-2022, 09:13 AM
This feels like a Saban move to keep him off Sark's staff. My money has always been on UGA for Arch, but I'm starting to think Saban may steal him.

you don't think OM will get him?

FISHDAWG
03-25-2022, 10:22 AM
you don't think OM will get him?

I don't think that they still think they still have a chance ... even being treated like royalty isn't enough and the Library has closed since the NIL thing (metaphorically speaking)

TrapGame
03-25-2022, 10:45 AM
Caught an article about this a little while ago.

Looks like they made Cut the guy to deal with the "fake" injuries and what some coaches are considering antiquated rules. He's the guy that's going to give the SEC his synopsis on how to fix some things.

Lord McBuckethead
03-25-2022, 11:20 AM
Caught an article about this a little while ago.

Looks like they made Cut the guy to deal with the "fake" injuries and what some coaches are considering antiquated rules. He's the guy that's going to give the SEC his synopsis on how to fix some things.

The easiest fix to the fake injuries thing is this...... If a player goes down, they cannot return to the game for the remainder of the possession. The team which the player is on, cannot talk to their players during the stoppage of play for the injury, not even over the headset.

Now the more controversial part of this is if the refs can make a determination that it was done to break up the other team's momentum. Flag 15 yards / Auto First Down for unsportsmanlike behavior on the Head Coach. Two and they are gone from the game. Like when a player is looking over to the sideline and looks like they have been sniped from the stands. Ole Miss style. The unsportsmanlike can be removed if they have a timeout to use and use it to get the faked injury off the field.

All other actions make it seem like the rules allow cheating and unsportsmanlike strategies.