PDA

View Full Version : Donation Request - Please Consider Helping - Especially if you like Bourbon

ScoobaDawg
03-24-2022, 11:24 AM
Alright, Gents. A wonderful friend of mine thru the Bourbon community, Jeffrey McDoniel, had his house in Kingston, OK destroyed by a Tornado on Monday afternoon.
By the grace of God, he and his Grandpa heard it coming and got to their storm shelter with less than 5 seconds to spare.
The mobile home, workshop, and other structures were completely destroyed as well as both vehicles were stacked on top of each other.

4 different whiskey groups in DFW have come together to donate bottles and provide support and have already raised over $10k in a few days but that's just a drop in the bucket of what is needed.
I would ask, If you would consider donating to the raffle, tickets are $10 each and there are almost 100 different bottles in the main raffle (list of bottles in the link below). IF you win, I will work out shipping to you with no additional cost.
If you want to just donate without being entered that's fine also.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_HLwokX-vtmZ1SyGf1kH88XSX43293JcIuFlZ7Pys4sRXJQ/viewform

You can see all the damage done to the town, Jeffrey's house is at the 1:15 mark in this video, you can see his Green Jeep from outer space...
https://twitter.com/spahn711/status/1506392792796434447

If anyone has any questions, please PM me. It's more than about Bourbon, Bourbon brought me together with Jeffrey but he will do anything for anyone. Which is what makes it so sad this happened to him.

Thanks.

Commercecomet24
03-24-2022, 12:12 PM
I'd like to make a donation but I don't drink. So they can just exclude me from the raffle and keep my donation if that's cool. So sorry to hear this happened to them. They will be in my prayers.

ScoobaDawg
03-24-2022, 12:31 PM
I'd like to make a donation but I don't drink. So they can just exclude me from the raffle and keep my donation if that's cool. So sorry to hear this happened to them. They will be in my prayers.

Thanks Commerce. Very much appreciated. No problem there.
I can send you the PP or VM links if you don't want to fill out the form.

Commercecomet24
03-24-2022, 12:36 PM
Thanks Commerce. Very much appreciated. No problem there.
I can send you the PP or VM links if you don't want to fill out the form.

You're welcome. I'll just use the link you provided and just put in the comments section my request. I know how hard something like this is and I hope they can get back on their feet soon.

OLJWales
03-24-2022, 06:55 PM
Good Job Scooba.

dparker
03-25-2022, 09:28 AM
Donated. Hope they get back on their feet.

ScoobaDawg
03-28-2022, 11:33 AM
2 days on site over the past 3. Made major headway on getting the area cleaned and the old trailer removed.

The raffle is still open to buy tickets for the chance to win some amazing bottles.. again.. I'll make sure shipping is taken care of.

Gonna be a long time till they get the shop rebuilt which is their major source of income.