PDA

View Full Version : Kam James and Brad Cumbest

MaroonFlounder
03-21-2022, 04:17 PM
I missed the game yesterday so I was trying to follow along in the game thread.

The first several messages in the thread was how bad Kam and Brad are.

Then I pulled the Sunday game box score and see that they both went 4 for 5.

My only thought that would excuse their critics is that Georgia had likely run out of pitching.

Hambone
03-21-2022, 04:33 PM
Some people just bitch to bitch.

When Cumbest was batting .360 earlier in the year people I. This board complained about him striking out too much.

Commercecomet24
03-21-2022, 04:36 PM
We pretty much hammered every pitcher Georgia threw out there Saturday and Sunday so I don't think it was because uga ran out of pitching we were just hitting the baseball

StarkVegasSteve
03-21-2022, 05:17 PM
Some people just bitch to bitch.

When Cumbest was batting .360 earlier in the year people I. This board complained about him striking out too much.

Cumbest does strike out too much. But if he is going to be an every day starter that is just something you have to live with. He may have 3 HRs in a game and he may have 3 bad Ks. You have to live with the feast or famine aspect of it because there is always a chance it could be really good.

With Kam it is more of the fielding aspect. He is fielding at a .913 clip, which is REALLY BAD. On top of that, he at this point is not hitting with enough production to warrant not him sitting a couple of games. 1 2B, 1 HR, 9 RBIs for the year. It is the same gripe I have with Hancock rn. 1 HR and 8 RBIs slugging on .385. Which is second to last among everyday starters, excluding Forsythe. James is last at .378.

Commercecomet24
03-21-2022, 05:33 PM
Kam is hitting in the 2 hole and hitting over 300 and his obp is 450. He's getting on base and giving people behind him a chance to drive in runs. If Youre hitting in the 1 and 2 hole obp is massively important and he's doing the job there. Now he's not exactly Brooks Robinson at 3b.

Todd4State
03-21-2022, 07:03 PM
Cumbest has 15 K's this year. There are a few players on our team around that or ahead of that.

OLJWales
03-21-2022, 07:25 PM
Hope Cumbest comes around cuz for some reason I was real excited when he inked and thought he was gonna be a special baseball player one day.

Homedawg
03-21-2022, 07:58 PM
Hope Cumbest comes around cuz for some reason I was real excited when he inked and thought he was gonna be a special baseball player one day.

He's got 6 hrs. He's gonna k a bunch. Just enjoy the good games.

Commercecomet24
03-21-2022, 08:04 PM
He's got 6 hrs. He's gonna k a bunch. Just enjoy the good games.

Almost like watching Josh Donaldson a few years back 40 hrs a year and 150 ks lol

somebodyshotmypaw
03-21-2022, 08:22 PM
Cumbest really doesn’t strike out too much. But he does walk too little. But he’s going to hit homers and doubles and his average is good.

Hancock is valuable. He doesn’t strike out, he gets on base, and he puts the ball in play.

Kam is hitting for average and getting on base. But 1 double, 0 triples, and 1 homer isn’t good enough for him. That will improve. He could be subbed for defensively late in games where we have a lead.

Commercecomet24
03-21-2022, 08:27 PM
We're showing signs of being pretty good offensively with this lineup. 31 runs in 2 games against #20 uga and some pretty good pitching isn't bad at all. Starting to show glimpses of being pretty good at the plate.

ImissCityBagel
03-21-2022, 10:42 PM
little mistakes leading to huge runs for the other team