PDA

View Full Version : Announcement

NWADAWG
03-20-2022, 08:55 AM
Hey IYOK or others that are connected, are we good to go with announcing Jans as our new coach in the next day or two?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-20-2022, 09:11 AM
Yes I’m sure word will leak out today or tomorrow. Introductory press conference Tuesday or Wednesday.

vv83
03-20-2022, 10:45 AM
Just leaked with Pete Thamel

NWADAWG
03-20-2022, 01:19 PM
Just leaked with Pete Thamel

I guess all of the "it'll never happen / we're gonna be scrambling for a Rick Ray #2" folks can have fried crow for lunch today instead of the traditional gospel bird.

Also. I have not been a big fan of Cohen as AD but he seems to have done well with this hire. The process, timing, and the hire have been on spot.

Maybe he will grow into a great AD.

PGHBulldogBG
03-20-2022, 03:12 PM
I guess all of the "it'll never happen / we're gonna be scrambling for a Rick Ray #2" folks can have fried crow for lunch today instead of the traditional gospel bird.

Also. I have not been a big fan of Cohen as AD but he seems to have done well with this hire. The process, timing, and the hire have been on spot.

Maybe he will grow into a great AD.

Cohen is definitely improving and I think he has learned from his mistakes. Besides the horrendous Moorhead hire over a lot of better more qualified candidates I can?t complain about anything coach wise. I know his marketing techniques are a bit askew and lacking but he hasn?t done as bad as many of the people on message boards lead you to believe

Hot Rock
03-21-2022, 10:19 AM
Marketing is not a high priority for me but coaching hires and then facility upgrades are at the top of my list.

His hires have been pretty good and seem to even be improving as he gains experience and it's not just in the major sports either. When it was obvious there was a problem with a coach, he has not hesitated to address the situation even if it was his hire and it seems he has done so in a fashion that has not broke bank either.

He has overseen some nice renovations and next up is the Hump. Some wanted a new arena and I get it but it's not realistic right now. Renovation was the right call in my opinion. How he addresses the empty seats down low and the student section will be huge. I am looking forward to Men's & Women's basketball the next couple years to see where it can go. That is already in play for me.

BrunswickDawg
03-21-2022, 10:32 AM
Cohen is definitely improving and I think he has learned from his mistakes. Besides the horrendous Moorhead hire over a lot of better more qualified candidates I can?t complain about anything coach wise. I know his marketing techniques are a bit askew and lacking but he hasn?t done as bad as many of the people on message boards lead you to believe

I'm still trying to figure out what all the people who bitch about his lack of marketing are actually bitching about. I still get tons of content from the athletic department that covers multiple sports via social media channels, youtube, and almost daily e-mails.
Like a lot of things on-line, I pay attention to about 1/3 of it - but even with that lack of attention I see a metric shit-ton more content then I could find about MSU pre-social media. The only thing I can figure out is that people are jealous that Ole Miss still produces The Season and pays for it to run on ESPN/SECN and we don't match that. I could understand criticisms about us being behind on NIL (if we are), or if fundraising for facilities was going poorly.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-21-2022, 10:33 AM
There will be plenty of room to spread out and stretch out at DWS this fall.

Commercecomet24
03-21-2022, 10:50 AM
I'm still trying to figure out what all the people who bitch about his lack of marketing are actually bitching about. I still get tons of content from the athletic department that covers multiple sports via social media channels, youtube, and almost daily e-mails.
Like a lot of things on-line, I pay attention to about 1/3 of it - but even with that lack of attention I see a metric shit-ton more content then I could find about MSU pre-social media. The only thing I can figure out is that people are jealous that Ole Miss still produces The Season and pays for it to run on ESPN/SECN and we don't match that. I could understand criticisms about us being behind on NIL (if we are), or if fundraising for facilities was going poorly.

Yeah I got an email announcing Coach Jans as the new HC yesterday before the media even knew. I get emails almost daily as well and FB notifications and the like all the time.

PGHBulldogBG
03-21-2022, 11:33 AM

It sounds like it?s mostly game day atmosphere, not switching the student seating in the hump, etc. I?ll be honest I can?t really comment on that stuff because I live 13 hours from Starkville and haven?t been able to go to any games since pre COVID days, but it seems like a lot of people seem to think it?s lacking compared to Byrne and Stricklin. These are probably things he is working on addressing though and can?t magically make it happen overnight. I really have no more complaints about him since he corrected the Moorhead issue. I don?t blame him for the NMP hire either because that looked pretty good and clearly Novak exposed some of the issues happening within the womens basketball program and her health issues coming to light. I think Jans is an A+ hire and I don?t know much about Purcell but I?m not as worried about that as I was with Moorhead because Purcell has been with UofL for awhile and seemed to be very consistent

BrunswickDawg
03-21-2022, 12:08 PM
It sounds like it?s mostly game day atmosphere, not switching the student seating in the hump, etc. I?ll be honest I can?t really comment on that stuff because I live 13 hours from Starkville and haven?t been able to go to any games since pre COVID days, but it seems like a lot of people seem to think it?s lacking compared to Byrne and Stricklin. These are probably things he is working on addressing though and can?t magically make it happen overnight. I really have no more complaints about him since he corrected the Moorhead issue. I don?t blame him for the NMP hire either because that looked pretty good and clearly Novak exposed some of the issues happening within the womens basketball program and her health issues coming to light. I think Jans is an A+ hire and I don?t know much about Purcell but I?m not as worried about that as I was with Moorhead because Purcell has been with UofL for awhile and seemed to be very consistent

Which 90% of gameday football atmosphere is all about what is going on on the field. When we win, most negative things are ignored. When we lose, people look for things to amplify so they can blame admin for how horrible we are.