PDA

View Full Version : So, tomorrow is the internet D-Day for Dan Mullen.....

Goat Holder
11-22-2013, 01:36 PM
3rd string QB or not, I think most of us believe that, even on the road, he should be able to take our team up to Little Rock and pull out a workmanlike win. Even if it's a small one. And while the Egg Bowl is at home, I think we can all understand losing to a 7-4 or 8-3 team if we are starting our 3rd team QB. Just don't get blown out, is what most of us ask. And then on to 2014, which should be a banner year with tons of excitement (I also think Merry Flipmas works in our favor this February, yeah I said it).

But back to the point. I think even if we lose to Arkansas and Ole Miss, Mullen is back (barring an Egg Bowl blowout). But even the staunchest Mullen supporters will pretty much lose hope if we drop this game tomorrow. Am I correct in this?

Dan, just win the damn game. Make all your haters believe.

EngineerDawg
11-22-2013, 01:45 PM
3rd string QB or not, I think most of us believe that, even on the road, he should be able to take our team up to Little Rock and pull out a workmanlike win. Even if it's a small one. And while the Egg Bowl is at home, I think we can all understand losing to a 7-4 or 8-3 team if we are starting our 3rd team QB. Just don't get blown out, is what most of us ask. And then on to 2014, which should be a banner year with tons of excitement (I also think Merry Flipmas works in our favor this February, yeah I said it).

But back to the point. I think even if we lose to Arkansas and Ole Miss, Mullen is back (barring an Egg Bowl blowout). But even the staunchest Mullen supporters will pretty much lose hope if we drop this game tomorrow. Am I correct in this?

I agree and support your assessment.

TrapGame
11-22-2013, 01:47 PM
If Arkansas beats us I'll be very disappointed. They suck, badly. We can beat Arky with a 3rd string QB and good defensive showing.

SignalToNoise
11-22-2013, 01:47 PM
If everyone were healthy and we lost this game then that would be enough for me, but now it looks like we are down to our 3rd string QB, on the road, with UPig coming off the bye week. That changes it a little for me.

I'm sure some are saying "Well Dan's got a nice excuse ready to go if we lose!!". That mostly seems to be coming from the crowd that wants him out regardless of how we finish the season.

All that being said, win this game even if its with the true freshman 3rd string QB.

sleepy dawg
11-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Yes, you're right.
Am I the only one that feels like we're beating the shit out of a dead horse right now? I feel like we've been making the same 3 or 4 statements over and over again for the past month.

CJDAWG85
11-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Yes, you're right.
Am I the only one that feels like we're beating the shit out of a dead horse right now? I feel like we've been making the same 3 or 4 statements over and over again for the past month.

Yes yes yes

C222
11-22-2013, 01:53 PM

Winning this game won't change the Mullen hater's minds. A loss and our fans will lose it even more than they already have.

slickdawg
11-22-2013, 02:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8X76NRiQLQ

Jacksondevildog
11-22-2013, 02:04 PM
3 PM tomorrow on all of the Mississippi State message boards will be very interesting.

Statecoachingblows**
11-22-2013, 02:05 PM
D has to show up and get stops. Not having our 3rd string qb playing from behind will be a big plus. We get in a hole early and the pressure might get him trying to do much. And absolutely cannot have stupid special teams mistakes putting him in bad spots. Field the punt! Don't let it bounce and roll down inside the 5 yard line!

CadaverDawg
11-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Yes, you're right.

Yep. Probably due to us having 3 straight games that everyone knew we would lose. Now we're getting an opponent that is on our level (near the bottom of the league), so our fans finally see an opportunity at a win.

I think we win tomorrow. And when we do, an Ole Miss loss will make things really really interesting heading into the Egg bowl. It would be damn fantastic if we won our last two plus bowl game, they lost their last two and their bowl game, and we finish with the same record. Talk about a turnaround....ole Danno would be back to statue status around here if that happened

MarketingBully01
11-22-2013, 02:35 PM
I agree. I also think that if Mullen is smart he should be coaching for his job and coach with that same passion he had in 2009 and 2010. I think we are due in Little Rock. Plus Arkansas' QB is really really bad. I can't believe Petrino didn't recruit any one better then him. Their defense is not good either but have two good defensive ends. They are pretty much equal to Kentucky's defense with the good ends. If we play marginal, we should win. I say we win 10+. If we get ahead of them early and up by two scores, it could get ugly. I would like to see us blow them out. I think our defense should have a lot if confidence from last week. Arkansas isn't 1/100th the offense Alabama has.

ShotgunDawg
11-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Yep. Probably due to us having 3 straight games that everyone knew we would lose. Now we're getting an opponent that is on our level (near the bottom of the league), so our fans finally see an opportunity at a win.

I think we win tomorrow. And when we do, an Ole Miss loss will make things really really interesting heading into the Egg bowl. It would be damn fantastic if we won our last two plus bowl game, they lost their last two and their bowl game, and we finish with the same record. Talk about a turnaround....ole Danno would be back to statue status around here if that happened

Completely agree C-daver, next year we should have a very strong team. I just want to recapture the momentum over the next week, we can get the ball rolling and get people excited about next season with a good team and new stadium.

Just really wish we had Dak, but you have to play the cards you are dealt

Goat Holder
11-22-2013, 02:43 PM
Hey all you dead horse homos.....I'm not talking about whether or not Mullen should or should not stay. I'm just excited that we'll finally get to find out something TOMORROW.

I seen it dawg
11-22-2013, 02:54 PM
No dumbass you asked everyone if you were correct in your dead horse shit-stirring assessments.

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2013, 03:06 PM
is a must win to keep all the fans on the bandwagon for the season. We win and there is a ton of excitement headed into the Egg Bowl. We lose and "the baloon pops." Egg bowl tickets will be cheap. Even with the 3rd string QB playing in LR. No question.

However, even losing the next two, Stricklin isn't going to fire Mullen.....at least if he doesn't get beat in the EB 45-0 and say in the post game press conference "I don't know what happened."

Goat Holder
11-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Agreed. 5 years summed up into one day....and that day is tomorrow.

Bothrops
11-22-2013, 03:26 PM
So everyone seems to be assuming that Williams will be starting. Is Tyler out?

cheewgumm
11-22-2013, 03:26 PM
I'll disagree if our 3 rd string QB is playing. Gotta give dan a pass on that one. However I love Williams and think we span k them with him playing .

Statecoachingblows**
11-22-2013, 03:46 PM
If Williams is getting his first start I don't think there's a better conference opponent for him to be getting it against. May build a little confidence for him in the long run if he can come out and do well.

DawgsBite34
11-22-2013, 04:57 PM
If we lose tomorrow there is absolutely no excuse I don't give a damn if we have to play them on the moon. If Williams or Russell is at QB Arkansas has no business beating us. If we lose tomorrow, and if we lose Egg Bowl he should be fired sunday morning after the Egg Bowl.

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2013, 05:48 PM
If we lose tomorrow there is absolutely no excuse I don't give a damn if we have to play them on the moon. If Williams or Russell is at QB Arkansas has no business beating us. If we lose tomorrow, and if we lose Egg Bowl he should be fired sunday morning after the Egg Bowl.

I think this^^^^ is the feelings of the entire fan base. With the exception of the firing part. Every State fan expects to win tomorrow regardless of QB. If we don't.....oh boy.

was21
11-22-2013, 06:32 PM
My concern is handing the ball off. If we do it early on a short field and they score and then we do it again and they score, we are in trouble.

MarketingBully01
11-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Handing the ball off? Are you serious Clark? Where do these guys come from?

gravedigger
11-22-2013, 07:34 PM
It's only d-day if he loses. And if he wins in impressively and then loses the egg bowl due to what fans think are coaching mistakes, the fan base will be lost regardless of next year.

He has to win this game impressively, play ole miss well, and give the fan base something to be hopeful about in the offseason to offset the negativity of this season.

I am not convinced any of the three will happen. If 2 of the three happen I can handle the rest.

I still think we are living off players athletic ability in spite of MAJOR coaching flaws. We will suffer less than acceptable success until we can recruit an offensive line with depth and a big play every down threat receiver.

I'm looking for some fire communicated to the fan base from Mullen. Superficial as that may sound, it has been missing since the fall of 2011.

I'd get back behind him if he acted like he gave a shit. The player execution excuse is beyond old. He made a move with the def. coord. He better make one on special teams.

RougeDawg
11-22-2013, 08:16 PM
It's all on Dan anyway. His puss offed coaching the first half of the season has us needing to win our last two to make a bowl. He queefed away the Auburn win by pulling the Standbury Stall and he completely ****ed the entire season by not having the first team prepared for Dak from week 1. We just started gelling with Dak during A&M game and that's all dan. Who gives a **** if he missed spring because of toe. He's our best option to win. You think Freeze would not have Locks ready to go week 1 if he'd missed the spring? If we do not win the last two, no matter the QB, Dan must go. He made this bed, and he must now sleep in it. This team is a 6 win minimum this year (even with schedule; talent is there for 8+ wins) and anything less deserves the door.

I'm sick of this shit. And next year is just another layer of makeup that will delay the inevitable. Every facet that he has a hand in, is abismal. The new stadium will have a lot of empty seats in a couple years if something doesn't change. Winning the next two is the only was Dan should be around to see those changes.

Coach34
11-22-2013, 08:25 PM
If we lose the Egg Bowl- our fanbase will go nuts regardless- 1 point or 20