PDA

View Full Version : Ben Howland final press conference WCBI

NCMSTFAN
03-19-2022, 01:08 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PphQPpqAx08&t=877s

Class act, I hate it didn't work out for Ben but he is one of my favorite coaches we have had. Yes I got frustrated with him sometimes but he worked his butt off for us and loves MSU

Commercecomet24
03-19-2022, 01:16 PM
Agreed. He got us respectable again and I'm grateful. It was just time.

OLJWales
03-19-2022, 01:41 PM
When it comes to intelligence, class & professionalism, don't think we've ever had a better one.

Dawgface
03-19-2022, 03:16 PM
It was time for a change but he certainly was a class act. Wish him the best.

R2Dawg
03-19-2022, 05:24 PM
Agree, Appreciate what Howland did for MSU. He was a great hire after the mess we were in.

Joebob
03-19-2022, 10:29 PM
Yeah, as much as I griped about him as a coach, you couldn't ask for a better person.

Todd4State
03-19-2022, 11:32 PM
In my book he was a success here. At the same time it was time to move on.

sleepy dawg
03-20-2022, 11:24 AM
I'm glad this is everyone's response. I feel bad for Howland. Normally I wouldn't in these situations. He is just such a likable person, and has always shown such integrity, and loyalty that it's hard to cut ties and not feel some guilt. I wish him the absolute best in whatever's next in his life.

schddog72
03-20-2022, 09:10 PM
When it comes to intelligence, class & professionalism, don't think we've ever had a better one.

THIS!! Can't say enough about what a great man and great asset to MSU Coach Howland has been.

OLJWales
03-20-2022, 10:59 PM
THIS!! Can't say enough about what a great man and great asset to MSU Coach Howland has been.

I will always wonder however what difference it may have been had no time remained on his contract. I don't care how well off you are, you don't leave big money on the employer"s table while your boss is issuing a pink slip.

West Houston Dog
03-21-2022, 07:34 AM
A really classy good guy that i so wanted to get the job done at MSU.

Met him when he first became coach and was so impressed. I wish you nothing but the best Ben in your life going forward.

That being said, it was time for a change and the new coach seems to be a good one....

Lord McBuckethead
03-21-2022, 10:13 AM
I for one is thankful for Coach Howland. I enjoyed watching him bring us a little bit back from the previous coach's train wreck. Imagine not having enough players to practice and trying to get it done. Wow. He really did stabilize the program and left a good foundation to take the next step. Now I will admit, I was highly critical of this year's team. They underachieved for whatever reason and I definitely displayed my displeasure on the forums about it. I hope the next guy takes this foundation and gets us to the tourney year in and out.

MoreCowbell
03-21-2022, 11:36 AM
Damn I like Howland. Great talker just could not get it all the way figured out here. Big Howland fan. Thanks

MoreCowbell
03-21-2022, 11:45 AM
Another thing about Howland was that even though he was from Cali and had tremendous success at a historical UCLA, he was true maroon and really ingrained himself in the University/Miss State brand

KentuckyDawg13
03-22-2022, 12:36 PM
Our teams have been so close, really a shame we had that covid year as that was probably his best team @ MSU.

Question, why did he have to do this at a Columbus MS newstation? Did MSU not get him an outlet to say his very cordial goodbyes?

OLJWales
03-22-2022, 02:35 PM
The Columbus interviewer sounded like an Old Piss Prick.