PDA

View Full Version : Last play of your coaching career, down three with 2.5 seconds left what do you call?

Tater
03-16-2022, 08:12 PM
A 3 for the guy who's hit three this half? No. Let the guy on a nine game drought with one make from beyond the arc take the shot and rush it to where he didn't even shoot from beyond the arc.

The official review screwed us. Howland, you had a fun year where we were a 5 seed and then mental midgeted the postseason. You had a fun NIT run last year. But your time is up.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2022, 08:17 PM
Yeah can't argue with that. The last play was bewildering to say the least. It's time, Ben.

bobcat91
03-16-2022, 08:20 PM
Poor coaching, poor play call, poor execution and another loss.

The Summation of the Howland error

R2Dawg
03-16-2022, 08:46 PM
Even worse, the shot wasn't even a 3.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2022, 08:55 PM
Even worse, the shot wasn't even a 3.

Right. Absolutely pathetic. A fitting end to this season

LanceHarbor
03-16-2022, 08:55 PM
Pretty Sure Brooks was the first option as he was open at the top of the key, but the passer went to the worse option (2).

A 3 for the guy who's hit three this half? No. Let the guy on a nine game drought with one make from beyond the arc take the shot and rush it to where he didn't even shoot from beyond the arc.

The official review screwed us. Howland, you had a fun year where we were a 5 seed and then mental midgeted the postseason. You had a fun NIT run last year. But your time is up.

EdwardDrayton
03-16-2022, 09:03 PM
At least it’s over. Free at last.

RougeDawg
03-16-2022, 09:43 PM
Howland probably called Life Alert.

Thankfully Daylight Saving gave me more time to work in the yard. Didn?t watch a second of the game. Knew the outcome in mid February.

Tater
03-16-2022, 10:21 PM
Howland probably called Life Alert.

Thankfully Daylight Saving gave me more time to work in the yard. Didn?t watch a second of the game. Knew the outcome in mid February.

We had a shocking SECT win and then a run in NIT last year. So I did question this one. If we weren't doing renovations we win that game at home imo.

Maroonthirteen
03-17-2022, 06:38 AM
Pretty Sure Brooks was the first option as he was open at the top of the key, but the passer went to the worse option (2).

This is a more accurate analysis. We can argue if Brooks was open. But regardless..... the play was a screen to get Brooks the shot but the player passed to the more open 2nd option.

The op is way off regarding the last play.

Tater
03-17-2022, 12:19 PM
This is a more accurate analysis. We can argue if Brooks was open. But regardless..... the play was a screen to get Brooks the shot but the player passed to the more open 2nd option.

The buck still falls on coaching. How can the inbounds-man not know the play and not execute? Poor coaching either way.

lastmajordog
03-18-2022, 12:09 PM
Give it to Ray White on the picked fence.......Ray wouldn’t miss....sigh....

StarkVegasSteve
03-18-2022, 12:28 PM
We should have set something up for Garrison to the top of the key or to Jeffries. You can crap on Jeffries all you want, and I do sometimes, but he never lacks confidence taking a shot. Most everyone else just hopes it will go in. DJ could be 0-11 but he will fire number 12 with complete confidence that it will go in.

R2Dawg
03-18-2022, 12:32 PM

That may be true but I think Brooks was a diversion as Molinar came around the sneaky back side pick. Brooks was just the easy roll up to top of key. They were ready for Brooks and if Brooks was the first option we made a poor effort to get him open which is why I think he was a distraction. I may be wrong. I would have brought Brooks maybe up from the post after Molinar went to the corner using Molinar as a diversion.