PDA

View Full Version : Interesting baseball stats

somebodyshotmypaw
03-15-2022, 08:51 PM
As we enter SEC play:

Tanner Leggett has as many homers as Kam James and Logan Tanner COMBINED.

Relief pitcher Lane Forsythe has struck out more batters, but walked less batters, than Andrew Walling.

Jess Davis (only 9 official at-bats) is the only player who has struck out less than Luke Hancock. Hancock leads the team in walks and is tied with Hunter Hines for most official at-bats with 64.

Lowest AVG and SLG is Lane Forsythe. Lowest OBP is Brayland Skinner.

Hunter Hines has our only triple.

Aaron Downs has 8 strikeouts in just 18 at-bats.

Freshman Hunter Hines either leads the team, or is tied for the lead, in homers, hits, runs scored, triples, and hit-by-pitch. He is second in doubles and RBI.

Parker Stinnett has the best strikeout rate on the team.

In 61 at-bats, Brad Cumbest has fewer walks than Drew McGowan (only 8 at-bats).

FISHDAWG
03-16-2022, 08:21 AM
Interesting look .... I still think Leggett over Forsythe is the better move. I don't think the difference in defense between the two is huge (still give the edge to Forsythe) but the batting edge goes to Leggett
I think Forsythe needs more opportunity to relieve and hope he finds a way to start hitting.
Hancock is still getting on base so that speaks for itself
Skinner - just not sure what to say, hope he comes around
Hunter Hines - no worries there and looks to become a star for us
Parker Stinnett is a God send I now realize
Cumbest will be a horse for us in SEC play I'm thinking

Need some guys in the Pen to emerge as "Go-To" guys ....... We may not get past a regional or we may win another teams regional - just not getting a clear picture with this team yet but if the starting pitching holds
up then I still think we have a shot at post season play

trob115
03-16-2022, 08:25 AM
Maybe KC Hunt becomes that go to guy out of the pen when he gets back. Talley looks to have turned a corner too. We still don't have a midweek starter.

Is Walling officially hurt? He hasn't been seen in weeks.

sandjunky
03-16-2022, 09:33 AM
As we enter SEC play:

Tanner Leggett has as many homers as Kam James and Logan Tanner COMBINED.

Relief pitcher Lane Forsythe has struck out more batters, but walked less batters, than Andrew Walling.

Jess Davis (only 9 official at-bats) is the only player who has struck out less than Luke Hancock. Hancock leads the team in walks and is tied with Hunter Hines for most official at-bats with 64.

Lowest AVG and SLG is Lane Forsythe. Lowest OBP is Brayland Skinner.

Hunter Hines has our only triple.

Aaron Downs has 8 strikeouts in just 18 at-bats.

Freshman Hunter Hines either leads the team, or is tied for the lead, in homers, hits, runs scored, triples, and hit-by-pitch. He is second in doubles and RBI.

Parker Stinnett has the best strikeout rate on the team.

In 61 at-bats, Brad Cumbest has fewer walks than Drew McGowan (only 8 at-bats).

Remember- Walks and HBPs do not count as ABs

Jess Davis - 14 PAs (2BB 3HBP) 2K
Mule - 65 PAs (3BB 1HBP) 14K
McGowan 12 PAs (4BB) 3K
Hancock 83 PAs (15bb 4HBP) 3K

somebodyshotmypaw
03-16-2022, 04:54 PM
Remember- Walks and HBPs do not count as ABs

Jess Davis - 14 PAs (2BB 3HBP) 2K
Mule - 65 PAs (3BB 1HBP) 14K
McGowan 12 PAs (4BB) 3K
Hancock 83 PAs (15bb 4HBP) 3K

Correct. Which is what is amazing about Hancock. Dude walks a lot but just doesn't strike out. EVERYBODY strikes out these days. But Hancock never does. I'm not sure there is a more difficult player to strike out in the country.

bulldogcountry1
03-16-2022, 08:43 PM
Forsythe will make 1-2 plays a game that Leggett will not in SEC play. That?s worth at least 50 BA points to me. We should have enough offense to take up the slack.

Skinner is not an everyday SEC player. He could have worked on getting on base in the off-season, but he?s the same player that strikes out too much and hits too many balls in the air.

Cumbest won?t see many more fastball until he shows he can lay off the sliders away.

Fristoe will be our closer by mid-season. Sunday, he was hitting about 88-89. Monday, he was at. 93-94. If he can avoid the big misses, he can help us.

Homedawg
03-16-2022, 09:13 PM
Forsythe will make 1-2 plays a game that Leggett will not in SEC play. That?s worth at least 50 BA points to me. We should have enough offense to take up the slack.

Skinner is not an everyday SEC player. He could have worked on getting on base in the off-season, but he?s the same player that strikes out too much and hits too many balls in the air.

Cumbest won?t see many more fastball until he shows he can lay off the sliders away.

Fristoe will be our closer by mid-season. Sunday, he was hitting about 88-89. Monday, he was at. 93-94. If he can avoid the big misses, he can help us.

Fristoe won't be out closer until he can be trusted to throw strikes. Tepper same way. I'm not saying he won't be put in ever but he's a long way from closer role. And yes big misses are the problem. Until he cuts those way down, he's just another guy w great stuff. We need je and tepper to both step up. And get hunt healthy.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2022, 09:27 PM
Fristoe won't be out closer until he can be trusted to throw strikes. Tepper same way. I'm not saying he won't be put in ever but he's a long way from closer role. And yes big misses are the problem. Until he cuts those way down, he's just another guy w great stuff. We need je and tepper to both step up. And get hunt healthy.

Yeah if you're gonna close gotta throw strikes. We gotta have some of these guys step up now. Time to grow up.

Choctaw Dawg
03-16-2022, 09:37 PM
Maybe KC Hunt becomes that go to guy out of the pen when he gets back. Talley looks to have turned a corner too. We still don't have a midweek starter.

Is Walling officially hurt? He hasn't been seen in weeks.

No clue with Walling, apparently he wasn't in the dugout this weekend. Lemonis said in a press conference after Binghampton that they are trying to work him back in and get his confidence up. His bullpens must really suck

Homedawg
03-16-2022, 09:48 PM
No clue with Walling, apparently he wasn't in the dugout this weekend. Lemonis said in a press conference after Binghampton that they are trying to work him back in and get his confidence up. His bullpens must really suck

That's rumor about him not being in the dugout ...

confucius say
03-16-2022, 10:00 PM
Who would you say our closer is right now? Up 3-2 Friday and Preston gives you 7, what are you doing 8th and 9th?

HoopsDawg
03-17-2022, 12:08 AM
Who would you say our closer is right now? Up 3-2 Friday and Preston gives you 7, what are you doing 8th and 9th?

I'm going Auger.

TNDawg35
03-17-2022, 01:06 AM
Cumbest better learn how to lay off the curveball that falls off the table on the outside. If I’m an opposing pitching coach, he would never see a fastball.

Forsythe is elite at SS, just can’t hit shit… him and Yeager up the middle may be the best combo in the SEC, no matter what Kendell Rogers says… (I’m sick of his ass by the way. Atleast Aaron Fitt stays neutral on stuff. Rogers is a damn homer)

MedDawg
03-17-2022, 12:07 PM
Another baseball stat:

State currently leads the NCAA in strikeouts thrown.

Again. We set the NCAA record last season.

Commercecomet24
03-17-2022, 12:25 PM

Kohn has been our best arm out of the pen so far. I'd probably go with him for now.

Homedawg
03-17-2022, 01:10 PM
It's a mix and match w auger, kohn, Talley w tepper in the wings if he can throw strikes.

Commercecomet24
03-17-2022, 01:50 PM
It's a mix and match w auger, kohn, Talley w tepper in the wings if he can throw strikes.

I can see this. I've been impressed with Talley. Guy is competitive on the mound, throws strikes and challenges hitters. His stuff is good and his breaking ball is excellent. Kohn, Talley and Auger have been the best arms out of the pen. I really hope Tepper can harness his stuff.