PDA

View Full Version : SEC Baseball stats

Homedawg
03-15-2022, 10:29 AM
Just glanced at some stats, looking more at other teams, I know we are underpeforming on the mound and at the plate.
Two jump out at me, Ole Miss and Lsu defensively are bad up til now. Rebels at .963 and Lsu at .951. To put that in perspective, the league avg is .976. Those are brutally bad and are going to catch up to them soon if it doesn't change.

Cowbell
03-15-2022, 10:34 AM
Just glanced at some stats, looking more at other teams, I know we are underpeforming on the mound and at the plate.
Two jump out at me, Ole Miss and Lsu defensively are bad up til now. Rebels at .963 and Lsu at .951. To put that in perspective, the league avg is .976. Those are brutally bad and are going to catch up to them soon if it doesn't change.

We are actually ranked higher than I thought we would be

Homedawg
03-15-2022, 10:39 AM
We are actually ranked higher than I thought we would be

Defensively we are near the top. Pitching and offense... not so much. At or near the bottom...sorry meant offense

Cowbell
03-15-2022, 10:58 AM
Defensively we are near the top. Pitching and defense.... not so much. At or near the bottom...

Yes defensively

maroonmania
03-15-2022, 10:59 AM
Defensively we are near the top. Pitching and defense.... not so much. At or near the bottom...

Did u mean pitching and offense not so much?

Homedawg
03-15-2022, 11:37 AM
Yes defensively

sorry meant offense.

KOdawg1
03-15-2022, 12:27 PM
I'll be interested to see how OM holds up when they actually play someone.

UCF is the only decent team they've played and they lost one to them.

Cooterpoot
03-15-2022, 12:42 PM
I see glimmers of hope but we've got to play up to our potential. We're setting up the rotation and pen. I think we see a combination of last nights lineup. Our bats have been better lately, but inconsistent. Time to flip the switch.

confucius say
03-15-2022, 01:41 PM
We're hitting .269. 13th in the league.
We're 12th in the league in doubles.
Tied for Last in triples.
Tied for 4th in HR.
12th in slugging.
12th in times we've struck out.

Pitching wise, we are 12th in the league in ERA and in batting average against.
But we do lead the league by a wide margin in strike outs.

1st in league in fielding percentage.

Homedawg
03-15-2022, 01:46 PM
We're hitting .269. 13th in the league.
We're 12th in the league in doubles.
Tied for Last in triples.
Tied for 4th in HR.
12th in slugging.
12th in times we've struck out.

Pitching wise, we are 12th in the league in ERA and in batting average against.
But we do lead the league by a wide margin in strike outs.

1st in league in fielding percentage.
Most import k stat is k's per 9. Which puts us second to Vandy. Either way we are up there in k's

Cooterpoot
03-15-2022, 03:38 PM
Rubber Arm>Foam Bat? What say ye? We see Forsythe on the mound again?

TheLostDawg
03-15-2022, 03:50 PM
I'll be interested to see how OM holds up when they actually play someone.

UCF is the only decent team they've played and they lost one to them.

This.
Whoever made the post of how long it would take them to get number one was dead on. It's all because their schedule. Hopefully they get shell shocked when they play Tennessee and it gets in their head. However they play Tennessee and US in Oxford. Arkansas and LSU there. Their schedule isn't bad.

confucius say
03-15-2022, 03:56 PM
OM is really good. They can all hit and should pitch it well enough. I believe they are the most veteran team in the league position wise. This is their window.

If they are not a top 8 national seed and in Omaha, bianco has blown it again.

CaptainObvious
03-15-2022, 04:05 PM
They will have to take a hard tumble to drop out of the Top 8. I believe they have the hitting and just enough pitching to average 2 out of every SEC series and 20-10, are even 19-11 SEC with their OOC record will definitely keep them there. This might be their year.

What are we now, 11-7? And could be 13-5, maybe 14-4, with a key hit here and there. Imagine a healthy Sims, Simmons and Hunt, the difference. But?alas?. Not the cards we were dealt this year.

confucius say
03-15-2022, 04:07 PM
Even with the injuries, If we had our bullpen rotations figured out better we'd be at least 13-5 (NKU Friday and Tulane Saturday). Prob 14-4.

We are starting to identify roles though.

Todd4State
03-15-2022, 06:16 PM
We overscheduled early in the year.

We'll see if it pays off.

I'm fine playing a tough OOC schedule. I probably would have rather played USM and Texas Tech during the midweek in SEC play personally.

The silver lining is we can basically focus on SEC play though.

I think the numbers for us will trend up for both pitching and hitting while others regress.