PDA

View Full Version : Loge seats sold out for 2014

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2013, 10:11 AM
So now that all the loge seating (http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209318713) and skyboxes have sold out, how are the other two premium places selling?

I'm a little surprised the Scoreboard level hasn't sold out yet. That's going to be a really cool spot.

TheRef
11-22-2013, 10:57 AM
So now that all the loge seating (http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209318713) and skyboxes have sold out, how are the other two premium places selling?

I'm a little surprised the Scoreboard level hasn't sold out yet. That's going to be a really cool spot.

Does it bother anyone else that it's spelled Loge instead of Lodge? People are already making fun of us for that.

CadaverDawg
11-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Does it bother anyone else that it's spelled Loge instead of Lodge? People are already making fun of us for that.

Loge is a term used for a box, or partitioned area. It's not pronounced like Lodge...those people making fun of us need to be made fun of. Loge seating is usually the first row of the lowest upper deck, I believe.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/loge

The Lord Humongous
11-22-2013, 11:00 AM

The snark is strong with this one. Well done.

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2013, 11:04 AM

It doesn't bother me at all. "Loge" is the correct term for that type of seating, and it's something that's becoming more and more popular. Whoever is "making fun of us" for that is a total dumbass who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

Here's loge seating at the new Barclays Center in NY: http://www.barclayscenter.com/premium-seating/loge-box-seats

ETA- You just beat me to it Cadaver.

CadaverDawg
11-22-2013, 11:04 AM
The snark is strong with this one. Well done.

Oh, was he kidding? Ha, I didn't want to make fun of one of our own, so I was trying to explain it in a nice way.

TheRef
11-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Oh, was he kidding? Ha, I didn't want to make fun of one of our own, so I was trying to explain it in a nice way.

I knew it was the correct term...I just was wondering what the best way was to explain it. I apologize for forgetting the sarcastricks.

CadaverDawg
11-22-2013, 11:24 AM
I knew it was the correct term...I just was wondering what the best way was to explain it. I apologize for forgetting the sarcastricks.

Ha.

By the way, your avatar is appropriate for today. It is raining sideways in the Gluckstadt/Madison area

TheRef
11-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Ha.

By the way, your avatar is appropriate for today. It is raining sideways in the Gluckstadt/Madison area

Haha....it's just miserable here in Starkville.

engie
11-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Think the sales are going to be pretty slow with the scoreboard club at first. Endzone seating is viewed with a stigma regardless -- and an exposed open-air club area is a fairly tough proposition.

Seems we drastically underbuilt/underpriced the skyboxes to me...

Barking 13
11-22-2013, 11:36 AM
I wish I could afford the Scoreboard Club level... That terrace is gonna be sick...

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2013, 11:45 AM
Think the sales are going to be pretty slow with the scoreboard club at first. Endzone seating is viewed with a stigma regardless -- and an exposed open-air club area is a fairly tough proposition.

Seems we drastically underbuilt/underpriced the skyboxes to me...

Unfortunately for us, I think you're right. The skyboxes sold out almost immediately.

Maroonthirteen
11-22-2013, 11:56 AM
I give a lot of grief to the state of MS as a whole because of all the Gumps and coonasses running around. But State fans....deserve a pat on the back for selling that stadium out and continuing to buy luxury seating. We have come a long, long ways.

I haven't bought season tickets in a number of years because i never know from weekend to weekend what my Kids athletic schedule will be. So, i show up and buy them outside the stadium. But next year, I am buying. If some good seats don't open up on the east side with the slide of the student section, I will give strong consideration to the scoreboard level. It will be like watching the game on a big screen but actually being there too.

Hail State!

engie
11-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately for us, I think you're right. The skyboxes sold out almost immediately.

The good thing is -- everything is in place for an additional 22 on top of the current to be built in a hurry. If no shortcuts are taken on construction(there shouldn't be), it a one-offseason thing to stack the second level of boxes and raise everything a level...Whether we would be willing to do that without also adding the endzone upperdeck the expansion is also designed to have is certainly debatable...

engie
11-22-2013, 12:03 PM
I give a lot of grief to the state of MS as a whole because of all the Gumps and coonasses running around. But State fans....deserve a pat on the back for selling that stadium out and continuing to buy luxury seating. We have come a long, long ways.

I haven't bought season tickets in a number of years because i never know from weekend to weekend what my Kids athletic schedule will be. So, i show up and buy them outside the stadium. But next year, I am buying. If some good seats don't open up on the east side with the slide of the student section, I will give strong consideration to the scoreboard level. It will be like watching the game on a big screen but actually being there too.

Hail State!

The sightlines are actually pretty good up there too! I've sat Endzone Club at Vaught Hemingway and was shocked by how well I could see what was going on up there. Rely on the jumbotron for sideline views -- and you can watch the plays open up from a whole new perspective up high in the endzone...

This was from my seat there...
http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/m_20131122-cll9-129kb.jpg (http://my.jetscreenshot.com/demo/20131122-cll9-129kb)

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2013, 12:23 PM
The good thing is -- everything is in place for an additional 22 on top of the current to be built in a hurry. If no shortcuts are taken on construction(there shouldn't be), it a one-offseason thing to stack the second level of boxes and raise everything a level...Whether we would be willing to do that without also adding the endzone upperdeck the expansion is also designed to have is certainly debatable...

That makes me feel a little bit better about the skybox situation.

The sightlines are actually pretty good up there too! I've sat Endzone Club at Vaught Hemingway and was shocked by how well I could see what was going on up there. Rely on the jumbotron for sideline views -- and you can watch the plays open up from a whole new perspective up high in the endzone...

A buddy of mine sat up there and loved it at UM- he was really excited we're doing something open-air in our endzone as well. Judging from the pictures we've seen so far, the views will be phenomenal from the Scoreboard Club.

Do you have any estimation on how much additional revenue the stadium expansion will bring to our athletic budget? I imagine it should be a good chunk of change.

engie
11-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Do you have any estimation on how much additional revenue the stadium expansion will bring to our athletic budget? I imagine it should be a good chunk of change.

Conservatively about an additional $10 million/yr overall assuming all seats are filled...

Of course, all of that money can't be infused straight back into the budget -- some of it has to go toward paying off the stadium. In other words, it should show in it's entirity in our revenue figures -- but not in our budget.

Between the stadium and the SECNetwork, I will be highly disappointed if we don't pull $90-100 mil in fiscal 2015... I would say fiscal 2014, but it's 3/4 over before the SECNetwork actually launches...

Barking 13
11-22-2013, 12:48 PM
that's one hell of a recruiting budget****

messageboardsuperhero
11-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Conservatively about an additional $10 million/yr overall assuming all seats are filled...

Of course, all of that money can't be infused straight back into the budget -- some of it has to go toward paying off the stadium. In other words, it should show in it's entirity in our revenue figures -- but not in our budget.

Between the stadium and the SECNetwork, I will be highly disappointed if we don't pull $90-100 mil in fiscal 2015... I would say fiscal 2014, but it's 3/4 over before the SECNetwork actually launches...

That's a far cry from the only $30 mil. we were able to bring in for 2008- it would be an incredible 200%-230% growth rate in just seven years.

The times they are a-changin' pretty quickly for "poor ole MState."

Bothrops
11-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Our stadium is going to be a great deal more impressive looking then Vaught-Hemingway when this is finished. I'm not sure many people realize that...including our own fans.

CadaverDawg
11-22-2013, 03:51 PM
Our stadium is going to be a great deal more impressive looking then Vaught-Hemingway when this is finished. I'm not sure many people realize that...including our own fans.

I agree. That drone flyover gives a glimpse at how bad ass it will look when it's all completed

Barking 13
11-22-2013, 04:00 PM
I agree. That drone flyover gives a glimpse at how bad ass it will look when it's all completed

Just wait till both moo tubes get going with different commercials at each end*** northside: come se us in downtowwwwn louisvilllle southside: oh lord won't you buy me... at the same time... lol

bully99
11-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Funk and Wagnalls is your friend.

Percho
11-22-2013, 07:41 PM
It doesn't bother me at all. "Loge" is the correct term for that type of seating, and it's something that's becoming more and more popular. Whoever is "making fun of us" for that is a total dumbass who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about.

Here's loge seating at the new Barclays Center in NY: http://www.barclayscenter.com/premium-seating/loge-box-seats

ETA- You just beat me to it Cadaver.

I sat in a place like that for a Griz game one night, however I did not know what it was or called. Even a 70 year old can learn something.

RougeDawg
11-22-2013, 08:47 PM

Just wait till both moo tubes get going with different commercials at each end*** northside: come se us in downtowwwwn louisvilllle southside: oh lord won't you buy me... at the same time... lol

I may lose it completely if we have this sequence of events(commercials) simultaneously. I almost threw my whiskey drink down this past week when Janis came on right before a huge defensive play.

Wonder if we will see some great commercials tomorrow in little rock?**