PDA

View Full Version : Shitty sports day for me

KOdawg1
03-14-2022, 02:21 PM
-2 of our best 5 pitchers are officially out for the year, including one of the best I've ever seen take the mound for us
-Freddie Freeman is no longer an Atlanta Brave
-Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) passed away. Loved watching him growing up.

Pretty crappy Monday lol.

BrunswickDawg
03-14-2022, 02:28 PM
-2 of our best 5 pitchers are officially out for the year, including one of the best I've ever seen take the mound for us
-Freddie Freeman is no longer an Atlanta Brave
-Scott Hall (Razor Ramon) passed away. Loved watching him growing up.

Pretty crappy Monday lol.

Right there with ya man. I was at Hall's "invasion" of WCW Nitro at the Macon (GA) Coliseum in '96. That man was possibly the best heel ever.

msstate7
03-14-2022, 02:33 PM
I'm gonna miss FF, but I'm really excited about Olson.

AA just said they decided to move on from FF last night referencing Acuna being out till late May, so I expect an OF soon

KOdawg1
03-14-2022, 02:36 PM
Right there with ya man. I was at Hall's "invasion" of WCW Nitro at the Macon (GA) Coliseum in '96. That man was possibly the best heel ever.
Oh that's cool.

Yep, "bad times don't last, but bad guys do."

KOdawg1
03-14-2022, 02:37 PM

AA just said they decided to move on from FF last night referencing Acuna being out till late May, so I expect an OF soon

With the money we've saved by not signing FF, we can get an OF and pitching help.

Wonder if they'll look at bringing Soler back now?

BrunswickDawg
03-14-2022, 02:39 PM

At face value, the trade is solid. I just hate losing FF. Like Chipper & Murph the guy just "is" the Braves. That's not common anymore and I didn't want it to end like this.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 02:41 PM
Soler or what about Rosario. I don't think Rosario is signed with anyone yet. Anyone know his status?

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 02:41 PM
At face value, the trade is solid. I just hate losing FF. Like Chipper & Murph the guy just "is" the Braves. That's not common anymore and I didn't want it to end like this.

Yep I agree 100%

KOdawg1
03-14-2022, 02:42 PM
Soler or what about Rosario. I don't think Rosario is signed with anyone yet. Anyone know his status?

Michael Conforto is another corner OF out there.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 02:44 PM

Thanks I forgot about Conforto. With all the lockout stuff I've lost track of all the free agents.

msstate7
03-14-2022, 02:46 PM

I've wanted him and Grienke for a month now

Todd4State
03-14-2022, 02:49 PM
Could be worse. Like the Cardinals replacing Albert Pujols with Allen Craig. At least the Braves GM has a sack.

trob115
03-14-2022, 02:50 PM
Rumor is Conforto. Soler is also in contact with the Braves and he wants to return to Atlanta too.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 02:56 PM
Rumor is Conforto. Soler is also in contact with the Braves and he wants to return to Atlanta too.

I would love for Soler to comeback. It's fun watching that dude swing it even when he strikes out. He doesn't get cheated and he's got serious bat speed and exit velo.

trob115
03-14-2022, 03:01 PM
I agree. I actually prefer Soler to Conforto, but we shall see what AA does. I would still like to add another SP.

msstate7
03-14-2022, 03:09 PM
I agree. I actually prefer Soler to Conforto, but we shall see what AA does. I would still like to add another SP.

Very RH with soler, and we have 2 DH (soler and ozuna). Soler and ozuna both hit RHP, so maybe it works. Our OF could be a disaster for a few months though... Duvall in cf with ozuna and soler on each side

BoomBoom
03-14-2022, 04:27 PM

I believe he said Acuna won't play the OF until late May. Guess that means he could DH a little earlier than that.

Gonna need a true CF. They don't won't Acuna playing there after the ACL tear, and Duvall ain't gonna cut it full time. I think this was part of the reason they dealt Pache, they knew he wasn't ready yet so they'd have to sign somebody, making him superfluous.

Bothrops
03-14-2022, 08:09 PM
Don't give up, we still have a chance to beat Binghamton!

maroonmania
03-14-2022, 08:28 PM
Don't give up, we still have a chance to beat Binghamton!

Yep, Binghamton working on making a crappy Monday even crappier.

Prentis
03-14-2022, 08:31 PM
Rip to the bad guy Razor Ramon

CaptainObvious
03-14-2022, 08:42 PM
Guys, we are not facing their best pitchers. They used them in Tuscaloosa. This guy now pitched this weekend , but for the most part, we are facing the end of their Bull on bench and ain?t hitting doodie!!!

CaptainObvious
03-14-2022, 08:49 PM
Swung at ball 4 tailing away and hit a weak grounder to short.