Good get for the Braves.

It was very expensive...
Langeliers
Estes
Pache
Cusick

parabrave
03-14-2022, 01:24 PM
Freddie not listed on any official roster.

msstate7
03-14-2022, 01:25 PM
Freddie not listed on any official roster.

Gonna be dodgers, and we gonna have to beat em again to win it all

Commercecomet24
It was very expensive...
Langeliers
Estes
Pache
Cusick

Yeah I agree. Langeliers is the big loss in there to me. Braves have the arms to trade and I don't think Pache will ever hit enough to be an everyday cf, but Langeliers has potential to be a very good catcher.

parabrave
It was very expensive...
Langeliers
Estes
Pache
Cusick

Shea will be in AAA next year. Waters is better than Pache.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 01:26 PM
Gonna be dodgers, and we gonna have to beat em again to win it all

Yeah he's a west coast guy so I think dodgers too.

msstate7
03-14-2022, 01:28 PM
Shea will be in AAA next year. Trade Pache at the deadline for needs,

We can't trade pache. He's an A

KOdawg1
03-14-2022, 01:28 PM
Ouch that's a hefty price. I'm cool with giving up Pache but idk about langliers too

parabrave
03-14-2022, 01:31 PM
We can't trade pache. He's an A

Just saw that. Met him when he was in AA. What a total Jerk. Shea was a good guy and a good catcher.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 01:34 PM
Ouch that's a hefty price. I'm cool with giving up Pache but idk about langliers too

Yeah I thought Langliers was the future at catcher. Dude can play.

BoomBoom
03-14-2022, 02:52 PM
Yeah I agree. Langeliers is the big loss in there to me. Braves have the arms to trade and I don't think Pache will ever hit enough to be an everyday cf, but Langeliers has potential to be a very good catcher.

I think Pache will be a better hitter than Ender Inciarte. And a better defender.

Lang is a stud. Huge loss.

The pitchers are quality prospects, but that still means it's a longshot either makes the pros.

I really hope this doesn't turn into Texiera trade 2.0.

But on the plus side, the team has no holes, did not tie up money in an aging slugger, and has cash to spend.

Man, this is a career making trade for AA. If Freddie declines he'll look like a genius with balls of steel. If Olsen does he'll be run out of town on a rail of steel.

Really Clark?
03-14-2022, 05:42 PM
We were going to have to give a lot for Olson. An All/Star with 2 years of control and only $12 Mil this year...that demanded a lot

SailingDawg
03-14-2022, 07:22 PM
I can't believe teams do this. They ditched McCann, too.

msstate7
03-14-2022, 07:29 PM
I can't believe teams do this. They ditched McCann, too.
McCann is a great example of why you don't pay an aging player. McCann was over 4 fWAR in 6 of his last 8 years in Atlanta. He never touched 4 fWAR again after he left Atlanta

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 07:41 PM
McCann is a great example of why you don't pay an aging player. McCann was over 4 fWAR in 6 of his last 8 years in Atlanta. He never touched 4 fWAR again after he left Atlanta

Yeah McCann was on the downhill side when the Braves let him go. Catchers wear out a lot earlier than others

BrunswickDawg
03-15-2022, 07:40 AM

The only way to keep guys like McCann, Freddie, or Craig Kimbrel is if they are willing to take a "hometown discount". It's rare today - Chipper may have been the last guy to do it. Freddie wasn't willing.

Commercecomet24
03-15-2022, 12:10 PM
Braves just extended Olson. 8 years 168 million

BrunswickDawg
03-15-2022, 12:16 PM

Club option for year 9 at $20m - AA playing chess.
AS much as I love Freddie, we just got as good or better player for less.

KOdawg1
03-15-2022, 12:18 PM

That's phenomenal

parabrave
03-15-2022, 12:50 PM

Yep/ And if no one noticed FF is getting a bit more injury prone.

shoeless joe
03-15-2022, 01:05 PM
I’m torn on this. I wish Freddie had stayed. And I think there is blame enough to go around on why it didn’t happen. Freddie obviously wanted the extra years the Braves weren’t willing to give for the money. Freddie prolly felt slighted, as he is one of the best in the game.

How much below market SHOULD Freddie have taken to become a Braves legend? How many years SHOULD the Braves have tied up in an aging super star?

If acuna comes back strong and Riley has another yr like last this team could be set from a position player stand point for some time.

What’s next? Greinkie? Trade for Castillo? Got do something with all that saved money.

Commercecomet24
03-15-2022, 01:05 PM
Yep/ And if no one noticed FF is getting a bit more injury prone.

He's reaching that age where a lot of baseball players start getting dinged up more often. Circle of life.

Commercecomet24
03-15-2022, 01:06 PM
I?m torn on this. I wish Freddie had stayed. And I think there is blame enough to go around on why it didn?t happen. Freddie obviously wanted the extra years the Braves weren?t willing to give for the money. Freddie prolly felt slighted, as he is one of the best in the game.

How much below market SHOULD Freddie have taken to become a Braves legend? How many years SHOULD the Braves have tied up in an aging super star?

If acuna comes back strong and Riley has another yr like last this team could be set from a position player stand point for some time.

What?s next? Greinkie? Trade for Castillo? Got do something with all that saved money.

Agreed.

Tbonewannabe
03-15-2022, 01:48 PM
I’m torn on this. I wish Freddie had stayed. And I think there is blame enough to go around on why it didn’t happen. Freddie obviously wanted the extra years the Braves weren’t willing to give for the money. Freddie prolly felt slighted, as he is one of the best in the game.

What’s next? Greinkie? Trade for Castillo? Got do something with all that saved money.

Rumors were the Braves were aggressive putting multiple deals out there for Freddie. I think the 6 years $180 Mil number is probably the max years that he was offered. I think there might have been a 5 year for $160 Mil or somewhere along those lines. It came down to Freddie's agent along with all the big name guys don't want to be first. AA couldn't wait on Freddie and lose the Olson deal. Rumor is that Freddie was given a deadline to decide and it passed so AA had to make the Olson deal.

If you saw the press talking to AA about it, he definitely preferred for Freddie to retire as a Brave (guy was teared up talking about it) but for whatever reason, Freddie wants to just maximize contract dollars. The Braves were never going to be able to match dollar for dollar with the Dodgers or Yankees. AA made the right move for the situation.

Commercecomet24
03-15-2022, 02:11 PM
Rumors were the Braves were aggressive putting multiple deals out there for Freddie. I think the 6 years $180 Mil number is probably the max years that he was offered. I think there might have been a 5 year for $160 Mil or somewhere along those lines. It came down to Freddie's agent along with all the big name guys don't want to be first. AA couldn't wait on Freddie and lose the Olson deal. Rumor is that Freddie was given a deadline to decide and it passed so AA had to make the Olson deal.

If you saw the press talking to AA about it, he definitely preferred for Freddie to retire as a Brave (guy was teared up talking about it) but for whatever reason, Freddie wants to just maximize contract dollars. The Braves were never going to be able to match dollar for dollar with the Dodgers or Yankees. AA made the right move for the situation.

Yeah AA made right move. Still sucks lol

BrunswickDawg
03-15-2022, 02:12 PM

Well, the fact that he didn't sign says he really didn't want to be a Brave for life. I get that, it's a business. But, LA won't love him like the ATL did. Chipper ain't going to ride his 4 wheeler thru a snow storm to save his ass now.

parabrave
03-15-2022, 02:32 PM
Well, the fact that he didn't sign says he really didn't want to be a Brave for life. I get that, it's a business. But, LA won't love him like the ATL did. Chipper ain't going to ride his 4 wheeler thru a snow storm to save his ass now.

It's like this.

https://youtu.be/fTjhHrcyiQI

2nd Best Baseball movie ever/ IMHO

Liverpooldawg
03-15-2022, 02:47 PM

He is also younger.

trob115
03-15-2022, 02:55 PM
Freddie was offered the Goldy contract and declined last year. That told me all I needed to know about where the Braves stood with him. He was great for the organization, but he is after a major pay day. Olson is a younger player, that is just coming into his prime.

You'll never convince me otherwise, but I believe the Braves had this extension worked out with Olson before the trade happened.

msstate7
03-15-2022, 06:12 PM
Braves sign Colin mchugh. This pen could be sick

Commercecomet24
03-15-2022, 06:40 PM
Braves sign Colin mchugh. This pen could be sick

Good pickup. You're right pen could be really good.

msstate7
03-15-2022, 06:42 PM
Good pickup. You're right pen could be really good.

Kirby yates should be back at some point this season too

Commercecomet24
03-15-2022, 06:48 PM
Kirby yates should be back at some point this season too

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing him out there. Gotta say AA gives me confidence that he's gonna build a good a very good team every year. He's impressive and Braves need to do whatever it takes to keep him. It sucked losing Freddie but to me there was really nothing else he could do. I would've hated to be the one to make that call.

Turfdawg67
03-15-2022, 06:58 PM
I hate it, but understand both sides. My boys love Freddie, but love the Braves as a whole much more. My youngest was depressed for a couple weeks when Acuna went down last year, that's when I knew he was a true fan! Great memories of both State & the Braves winning Championships last year, and experiencing them with my boys!

Commercecomet24
03-15-2022, 07:11 PM
I hate it, but understand both sides. My boys love Freddie, but love the Braves as a whole much more. My youngest was depressed for a couple weeks when Acuna went down last year, that's when I knew he was a true fan! Great memories of both State & the Braves winning Championships last year, and experiencing them with my boys!

Right there with ya! I've got 2 boys that have been Braves and State fans since birth. My oldest was 1 when Braves won in 95. Last year was quite the blast watching State and Braves both win, with them. My oldest daughter big Braves fan too(State also)! Special times and great memories! Enjoy those time with your kids!

trob115
03-16-2022, 08:17 AM
Time to sign Rosario or Conforto and call it good. I wouldn't be shocked to see another infielder vet added, but could be a chance for Shewmake to make the roster.

Personally, I still hope AA adds a veteran SP. Pineda or Cueto would make sense, Greinke too.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-16-2022, 09:44 AM
Right there with ya! I've got 2 boys that have been Braves and State fans since birth. My oldest was 1 when Braves won in 95. Last year was quite the blast watching State and Braves both win, with them. My oldest daughter big Braves fan too(State also)! Special times and great memories! Enjoy those time with your kids!

My daughter was born right before we won the CWS. Then the braves. I have been joking that she is the least depressed MSU/Braves fan on the planet.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2022, 09:54 AM
My daughter was born right before we won the CWS. Then the braves. I have been joking that she is the least depressed MSU/Braves fan on the planet.

Awesome! My grand daughter was born in October just before the Braves started their playoff run. Everytime she was at the house with us during a Braves post season game they won, when she wasn't they lost. She was our good luck charm lol!

trob115
03-16-2022, 11:08 AM
Braves get Rosario back on a 2 yr 18m deal! Heck of a job by AA.

KOdawg1
03-16-2022, 11:09 AM
Rosario is back. There's your LH outfielder.

Just need a 3rd or 4th SP and we're set to repeat

Commercecomet24
03-16-2022, 11:31 AM
Braves get Rosario back on a 2 yr 18m deal! Heck of a job by AA.

That awesome! Really wanted him back!

AA doing a great job!

DownwardDawg
03-16-2022, 04:39 PM
When is opening day? Imma pay attention this year I think. It's been a while since I cared.

parabrave
03-16-2022, 09:04 PM
When is opening day? Imma pay attention this year I think. It's been a while since I cared.

April 7th.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2022, 11:29 PM
So Freddie gets 162 for 6 years and Braves offered 150 over 5. Guess Freddie really didn't want to stay in Atlanta cause that's not enough difference to matter especially with Cali taxes. Geez Freddie

trob115
03-17-2022, 12:08 AM
Yeah, he's gonna get boo birds the first time back in Atlanta.

parabrave
03-17-2022, 12:15 AM
So Freddie gets 162 for 6 years and Braves offered 150 over 5. Guess Freddie really didn't want to stay in Atlanta cause that's not enough difference to matter especially with Cali taxes. Geez Freddie

Yep the Braves got the best of that deal.

parabrave
03-17-2022, 12:16 AM
Yeah, he's gonna get boo birds the first time back in Atlanta.

No he is not.

TNDawg35
03-17-2022, 01:00 AM

Wasn’t he from LA initially? With the line up they have put together, I mean honestly, who wouldn’t go back home and be in the middle of it? I wish he would have stayed, but it is what it is at this point. I hate we gave up Langliers tho. Dude was legit…

Tbonewannabe
03-17-2022, 11:39 AM
Wasn’t he from LA initially? With the line up they have put together, I mean honestly, who wouldn’t go back home and be in the middle of it? I wish he would have stayed, but it is what it is at this point. I hate we gave up Langliers tho. Dude was legit…

He grew up in SoCal but was an Angels fan growing up but is is pretty much going home. I think his family lives in San Diego maybe. I think he just wanted to go to Cali and was using the Braves offer to up the ante. I think AA saw through it so made the Olson deal which could be better in the short term and long term. If Olson stays hitting like he is, he is the better player anyway and younger. He is also from GA so this is home.

FISHDAWG
03-17-2022, 12:11 PM
and I'm glad they made the deal ... I love Freddie but paying that kind of money to a 38 year old (towards the end of the deal) is questionable.... I don't know exactly how old Olson is but I think it's at least a couple of years younger

Commercecomet24
03-17-2022, 12:21 PM
and I'm glad they made the deal ... I love Freddie but paying that kind of money to a 38 year old (towards the end of the deal) is questionable.... I don't know exactly how old Olson is but I think it's at least a couple of years younger

Olson is 27 but will be 28 in 2 weeks. So he's 4 years younger.

msstate7
03-18-2022, 09:14 PM
Kenley Jansen just signed with braves. This pen is sick

Commercecomet24
03-18-2022, 10:44 PM
Kenley Jansen just signed with braves. This pen is sick

Yes it is and Kirby Yates will be back later in season too

KOdawg1
03-19-2022, 10:51 AM
So Freeman signed with the Dodgers for 6 years and $27M per year.

The Braves reportedly offered him 5 years, $140M which comes out to $28M per year.

So the Braves offered him more money (in a better tax state) and he still signed with the Dodgers? Either he's lying about wanting to stay with the Braves or his agent tried to play hard ball with the Braves and it ended up burning him. I'd be looking for a new agent.

msstate7
03-19-2022, 11:12 AM
So Freeman signed with the Dodgers for 6 years and $27M per year.

The Braves reportedly offered him 5 years, $140M which comes out to $28M per year.

So the Braves offered him more money (in a better tax state) and he still signed with the Dodgers? Either he's lying about wanting to stay with the Braves or his agent tried to play hard ball with the Braves and it ended up burning him. I'd be looking for a new agent.

FF and his agent messed up. Read his quotes... he's pissed that AA made that trade for Olson. FF thought we'd wait on him haha

KOdawg1
03-19-2022, 11:23 AM
FF and his agent messed up. Read his quotes... he's pissed that AA made that trade for Olson. FF thought we'd wait on him haha

Makes me kinda pissed too because if Freddie and his agent just communicate with the Braves instead of trying to strong arm them, we sign FF for 5 years, $140M, we keep those prospects, the Dodgers don't get an MVP caliber player, and everyone is happy.

As it stands though, Olsen is a damn good back up plan. He's also getting better while it's likely FF has peaked.

trob115
03-19-2022, 12:40 PM
If the Soler rumors are true, Braves are about to be stacked. I still wish we would have added a vet SP, but our pen is constructed in a manner that we essentially just need 5 innings from a starter. We need a couple of the young guys to probably be that no 5 this year.

Commercecomet24
03-19-2022, 03:36 PM

Yep I agree completely. His agent overestimated their leverage. There's only a couple teams that could afford Freddie and once the Braves and Yankees got out of it there was really only Dodgers left. Advantage Dodgers. Yeah Freddie's camp screwed up

Commercecomet24
03-19-2022, 03:38 PM
If the Soler rumors are true, Braves are about to be stacked. I still wish we would have added a vet SP, but our pen is constructed in a manner that we essentially just need 5 innings from a starter. We need a couple of the young guys to probably be that no 5 this year.

Man I hope those rumors are true! Would love to have Soler back that guy is fun to watch at the plate!

OLJWales
03-19-2022, 06:46 PM
It was very expensive...
Langeliers
Estes
Pache
Cusick

Of course it costs. That happens a lot when dealing with Billy Beane.

msstate7
03-19-2022, 06:52 PM
Soler to marlins

Commercecomet24
03-19-2022, 07:18 PM
Soler to marlins

Disappointing but expected

shoeless joe
03-19-2022, 07:27 PM
Soler to marlins

With ozuna coming back I didn’t see the room/need for soler. I personally prefer soler between the two but the situation dictates something different

Commercecomet24
03-19-2022, 07:39 PM
With ozuna coming back I didn’t see the room/need for soler. I personally prefer soler between the two but the situation dictates something different

Agreed. I would've much rather had Soler than ozuna because Soler can at least play the outfield semi decently and has a better bat IMO. ozuna is slow and has no arm at all, 2 years ago they clocked an ozuna throw from left field to home at 77, that's brutal. As you said though the situation dictated what they had to do.

msstate7
03-19-2022, 09:22 PM
Delete

trob115
03-19-2022, 09:47 PM
I think ideally, ozuna is your DH. The problem with that is that Acu?a isn't ready to play in the field yet. Hopefully he can hide in plain sight out in LF.

Commercecomet24
03-19-2022, 09:55 PM
I think ideally, ozuna is your DH. The problem with that is that Acu?a isn't ready to play in the field yet. Hopefully he can hide in plain sight out in LF.

Yeah ozuna would definitely be dh majority of the time but acuna gonna have to be brought back slowly which probably means dh and ozuna in lf(scary). Hopefully ozuna will drive in more than he allows

msstate7
03-19-2022, 09:59 PM
Ozuna was actually ok defensively last year before the injury. Hopefully that wasn't just SSS

Commercecomet24
03-19-2022, 10:00 PM
Ozuna was actually ok defensively last year before the injury. Hopefully that wasn't just SSS

He's slow and can't throw a lick. I close my eyes every time they hit a ball at him lol.