PDA

View Full Version : Little Brother

Cowbell
03-14-2022, 09:14 AM
With another early season national title. Numero uno in D1 baseball this morning, right before SEC play. Will they hang a banner?

PMDawg
03-14-2022, 10:02 AM
Is it really that hard to imagine them winning it all the very next year after we do it? Seems very Mississippi State'ish.

Coach34
03-14-2022, 10:11 AM
I love them being #1 now. It's great. It fuels the June meltdowns like no other

Leeshouldveflanked
03-14-2022, 10:24 AM
If they don?t win it this year, I don?t think they ever will.

Cooterpoot
03-14-2022, 10:29 AM
They lost to Oral Roberts. Hard to believe they lose an Oral contest.

Hambone
03-14-2022, 10:31 AM
South Carolina just took 2 of 3 from Texas.

Going to be a tough year in the SEC.

Maroonthirteen
03-14-2022, 11:11 AM
Oh.... the irony.

Saltydog
03-14-2022, 04:14 PM
They've got the sticks and their pitching has been better than most expected. We'll see if the pitching holds up or not. If it does, look out.

Jack Lambert
03-14-2022, 04:15 PM
They've got the sticks and their pitching has been better than most expected. We'll see if the pitching holds up or not. If it does, look out.

Same tune every year.

Captain Falcon
03-14-2022, 05:19 PM

Has it been better though? Diamond has already been bumped from Friday nights because he was not very effective. Their new Friday guy, Gaddis, has been solid, but he?s more of a Saturday/Sunday guy. They don?t really have a #3 starter, McDaniel and Dougherty have not worked out as starters to this point.

They can hit and they?ve played a weak schedule. I don?t know that we?ve learned a dang thing about their pitching. Now I do think they are a very good team with some pieces we don?t have this year. And if not them, I?m not sure who SHOULD be #1 because a truly dominant team has not emerged yet.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 05:26 PM
Has it been better though? Diamond has already been bumped from Friday nights because he was not very effective. Their new Friday guy, Gaddis, has been solid, but he?s more of a Saturday/Sunday guy. They don?t really have a #3 starter, McDaniel and Dougherty have not worked out as starters to this point.

They can hit and they?ve played a weak schedule. I don?t know that we?ve learned a dang thing about their pitching. Now I do think they are a very good team with some pieces we don?t have this year. And if not them, I?m not sure who SHOULD be #1 because a truly dominant team has not emerged yet.

Yeah they're pitching is still questionable and they haven't exactly played a tough schedule yet. They can hit. They won't win a nc because of little mike. He kills pitchers and he's not a good in game manager, he's a recruiter. We'll know more about the National and sec picture in the next month.

Tripp McNeely
03-15-2022, 08:13 PM
I love them being #1 now. It's great. It fuels the June meltdowns like no other

Looking like the swoon may be starting sooner than expected!

Their 247 board is good entertainment right now

PGHBulldogBG
03-15-2022, 08:34 PM
Tennessee looks to be the best team in the conference and possibly the country so far. They may not have the raw talent but they have a good coach and have a good bit of experience. I expect them or Vandy to win the SEC this year

BeardoMSU
03-15-2022, 08:36 PM
Looking like the swoon may be starting sooner than expected!

Their 247 board is good entertainment right now

Oh yeah...

Currently down 5-1 to SELA

CaptainObvious
03-15-2022, 09:13 PM
Oh yeah...

Currently down 5-1 to SELA

That?s a wrap.

Apparently ever?body gonna struggle mid-week, including the #1 team.

Todd4State
03-15-2022, 09:22 PM
That?s a wrap.

Apparently ever?body gonna struggle mid-week, including the #1 team.

Well, when everyone loses their ace to Tommy John then the midweek guy becomes the Sunday guy. And then the midweek guys can be a mixed bag.

Commercecomet24
03-15-2022, 10:00 PM
6 top 25 teams lost tonight. College baseball is wide open this year.

Todd4State
03-15-2022, 10:30 PM
Is it really that hard to imagine them winning it all the very next year after we do it? Seems very Mississippi State'ish.

It would be highly unlikely unless Omaha is filled with a bunch of newcomers. Typically the teams that win championships in Omaha have been there before with the current players on their team. There are rare exceptions like Fresno State but that is like I said an exception. And it's a pretty consistent trend.

Completely different stage in Omaha than anywhere else for those players. Plus the off days between games make it difficult to get into a rhythm and pretty much guarantee that you are facing someone's ace or number 2 the vast majority of the time.

Someone like Tennessee I could see potentially doing it because they went last year, or Texas, Texas Tech. Arkansas possibly if they can get there. People forget about the West Coast teams but Oregon State is always a threat.

But CWS experience is a huge factor when a team gets to Omaha.

TNDawg35
03-16-2022, 03:28 AM
It would be highly unlikely unless Omaha is filled with a bunch of newcomers. Typically the teams that win championships in Omaha have been there before with the current players on their team. There are rare exceptions like Fresno State but that is like I said an exception. And it's a pretty consistent trend.

Completely different stage in Omaha than anywhere else for those players. Plus the off days between games make it difficult to get into a rhythm and pretty much guarantee that you are facing someone's ace or number 2 the vast majority of the time.

Someone like Tennessee I could see potentially doing it because they went last year, or Texas, Texas Tech. Arkansas possibly if they can get there. People forget about the West Coast teams but Oregon State is always a threat.

Texas State gonna win it all…***

ImissCityBagel
03-16-2022, 05:10 AM
Lots of injuries across the top 25. Some are being kept semi-secret at the moment. IMO Arky is my bet. Vandy lost a lot from last year. Oregon State has 2-3 of their best pitchers out bc of injuries. Ole Miss, as much as I hate to say, has the talent to win it all, but they are so unpredictable in the post-season. But yeah, I think somebody like LSU, Arky, Texas (even Tech) gets hot at the end of the season and wins it all.

ArrowDawg
03-16-2022, 09:26 AM

I mostly agree, but never put it past the sports gods to take away the one big advantage we have over OM just a year later. I think that was PMDawg's point.

BeardoMSU
03-16-2022, 09:30 AM
I mostly agree, but never put it past the sports gods to take away the one big advantage we have over OM just a year later. I think that was PMDawg's point.

Yep. They made OMAHA in 2014, the first time in decade, the year after we made the championship series.

Hopefully that doesn't happen again, lol.

AlSwearengen
03-16-2022, 09:36 AM
i've said it often, but I'm surprised at how well they consistently recruit, especially when you take into account their track record for making it to omaha.

PMDawg
03-16-2022, 10:03 AM

Correct

BrunswickDawg
03-16-2022, 10:04 AM
i've said it often, but I'm surprised at how well they consistently recruit, especially when you take into account their track record for making it to omaha.

I think that is where you have to give Bianco some real credit. He's built that program from nothing. Ole Miss hadn't cared about baseball in decades before he got there. They had been to 5 regionals ever before he got there, and he's gone 17 times in 21 years.
The Baseball Gods understand that Ole Miss still doesn't really care about baseball, they just want to be able to brag about beer showers/attendance/and beating MSU. Jobu sees their vanity and refuses to reward them.
Jobu believes in teams that care like MSU, LSU, Arkansas, etc. and rewards them with trips to the mecca in Omaha. MSU fans bring offerings to Jobu like beautiful stadiums, prosthetic legs, and bananas. And Jobu likes us very very much.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2022, 10:09 AM
I think that is where you have to give Bianco some real credit. He's built that program from nothing. Ole Miss hadn't cared about baseball in decades before he got there. They had been to 5 regionals ever before he got there, and he's gone 17 times in 21 years.
The Baseball Gods understand that Ole Miss still doesn't really care Joabout baseball, they just want to be able to brag about beer showers/attendance/and beating MSU. Jobu sees their vanity and refuses to reward them.
Jobu believes in teams that care like MSU, LSU, Arkansas, etc. and rewards them with trips to the mecca in Omaha. MSU fans bring offerings to Jobu like beautiful stadiums, prosthetic legs, and bananas. And Jobu likes us very very much.

This is awesome Bruns! Rep Given

We should probably get Cumbest to ask Jobu to come and take away his bats fear of the curveball or maybe sacrifice a chicken or something lol!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again

CaptainObvious
03-16-2022, 10:27 AM
Remember in the end though, Cerrano said: F? Jobu! I do it myself!

Saltydog
03-16-2022, 10:29 AM
Lots of injuries across the top 25. Some are being kept semi-secret at the moment. IMO Arky is my bet. Vandy lost a lot from last year. Oregon State has 2-3 of their best pitchers out bc of injuries. Ole Miss, as much as I hate to say, has the talent to win it all, but they are so unpredictable in the post-season. But yeah, I think somebody like LSU, Arky, Texas (even Tech) gets hot at the end of the season and wins it all.

They're actually pretty predictable based on history but at some point in time, their fortunes will turn. They can go a long way this year.

FISHDAWG
03-16-2022, 11:52 AM
This is awesome Bruns! Rep Given

We should probably get Cumbest to ask Jobu to come and take away his bats fear of the curveball or maybe sacrifice a chicken or something lol!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again

lol ... agreed but don't forget the terribly high price we paid the last time we summoned Jobu .... he extracted his toll on our best starting pitcher