PDA

View Full Version : Pitching woes

Reunion Dog
03-13-2022, 11:15 PM
🍋 head should have kept Jackson Conn on this years team instead of asking him to go to NEcc for a year? and you can beat OM is after him now. If he were here now? he would be playing and helping contribute BIG TIME!!!

HoopsDawg
03-13-2022, 11:46 PM
Lol

SilentSteel16
03-14-2022, 12:34 AM
Sounds like someone didn’t get the pineapples out front early enough…..

Todd4State
03-14-2022, 12:41 AM
11 hits allowed and 5 walks in 10 IP for Conn thus far with a 2.70 ERA.

Meh.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-14-2022, 06:39 AM
Conn wasn’t close to ready for this level. I’m guessing Reunion Dog is old college friends with Lance (Jackson’s dad).

Homedawg
03-14-2022, 07:52 AM
Hahahahaha

somebodyshotmypaw
03-14-2022, 08:52 AM
2 starts (against Jefferson College and Calhoun Community College)
10.0 innings
11 hits
5 walks
8 runs allowed (3 earned)
1 balk
3 wild pitches
1 hit batter
opposition hitting .262 against him

I like Jackson Conn, but he is nowhere close to being ready to pitch at the SEC level.

The Federalist Engineer
03-14-2022, 08:57 AM
I wonder if by season's end, there won't be many college teams with right fielders pitching in games, Brant Blaylock style.

I was skimming through other teams message boards, many teams are thin.

By the way, Long Beach State now has a 7-7 record and the kid that shut us down, he is presently resting.

Tulane lost 4 games after getting lucky versus MSU, swept at home by Evansville.

CaptainObvious
03-14-2022, 09:03 AM
I wonder if by season's end, there won't be many college teams with right fielders pitching in games, Brant Blaylock style.

By the way, Long Beach State now has a 7-7 record and the kid that shut us down, he is presently resting.

Tulane lost 4 games after getting lucky versus MSU, swept at home by Evansville.

Maybe they both need to schedule more games against MSU.😳😳😳

I remember the days when a good football program that was struggling was glad to see MSU on their schedule coming up so they could get well. Oh, the rites of being a State fan for 57 years.

confucius say
03-14-2022, 09:10 AM

I think there is smn to both of them being sky high to play us and then falling flat emotionally coming off of our series.

Coach34
03-14-2022, 09:24 AM
Things are never as bad as they seem or as good as they seem. Words to live by.

LSU, Fla, and some other team have wounded pitchers just as we do. It happens.

Stinnett is a below average RP- but has settled in and looks like a different pitcher as a SP.
Presto will be as solid as our Friday SP from last year
Cade looks to be a guy that is going to give us more quality starts than we got last year on Sundays.

Bullpen has to grow up and perform. Sounds like Hunt could be back for Bama so thats another quality arm in the pen. Will do nothing but help.

Offensively we just have to get going. Put Yeager at 2B and quit tinkering there. He is 6 for his last 16 and 3 BB's. He is waking up.
Clark has woken up. RF is settled
Platoon in LF with Siebert and someone. I dont care who at this point.
Continue to let Foreskin and Leggs battle at SS. All we are going to get is minimal offense from either so keep them battling.

It's SEC time. LFG!!!

confucius say
03-14-2022, 11:02 AM
Agree on Yeager. Let him play the next 10 games and see if he can hit .260. He's been better as of late.

In LF, if nobody can hit .290 or have double digit HR, it may be time to put cumbest there and skinner/davis in CF. At least you know you will be elite defensively there.

If Hunt could get back and solidify a spot in the pen thatd be huge.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-14-2022, 11:23 AM

Stinnett is a below average RP- but has settled in and looks like a different pitcher as a SP.
Cade looks to be a guy that is going to give us more quality starts than we got last year on Sundays.

Bullpen has to grow up and perform. Sounds like Hunt could be back for Bama so thats another quality arm in the pen. Will do nothing but help.

Offensively we just have to get going. Put Yeager at 2B and quit tinkering there. He is 6 for his last 16 and 3 BB's. He is waking up.
Continue to let Foreskin and Leggs battle at SS. All we are going to get is minimal offense from either so keep them battling.

It's SEC time. LFG!!!

I agree.

C - Tanner
1B - Hancock
2B - Yeager
SS - Leggett/Forsythe
3B - Kam James
RF - Kellum
CF - whoever is hot among the outfielders
LF - whoever is hot among the outfielders
DH - Hines

Presumably Cumbest will be either LF or CF. Pitching will get thin toward the back of the bullpen, but so will the opposing bullpen.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-14-2022, 11:27 AM
Thinking about this also. Remember that the roster size is down from last year. So everybody has fewer arms. If we can hit the baseball, we can run up pitch counts on the opposition and get into their bullpens. That could be key. It's no different than when we faced guys like Nikhazy, Hoglund, Leiter, Rocker, etc. The key is to get the starter out and get into the bullpen over the 3-day series.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 11:35 AM

It's SEC time. LFG!!!

Great post and I agree.

Coach34
03-14-2022, 11:42 AM
Thinking about this also. Remember that the roster size is down from last year. So everybody has fewer arms. If we can hit the baseball, we can run up pitch counts on the opposition and get into their bullpens. That could be key. It's no different than when we faced guys like Nikhazy, Hoglund, Leiter, Rocker, etc. The key is to get the starter out and get into the bullpen over the 3-day series.

Exactly. Everybody was hoarding pitching last year. Thats not the case this year

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 11:49 AM

Right. I don't think people have figured this out yet. We pitched over 20 guys last year and others had that kind of depth as well. That doesn't exist this year.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-14-2022, 12:58 PM
Right. I don't think people have figured this out yet. We pitched over 20 guys last year and others had that kind of depth as well. That doesn't exist this year.

We had 24 pitchers actually record innings for us last year. We have used 16 this year. So we have only 2/3 of the arms.

Commercecomet24
03-14-2022, 01:00 PM
We had 24 pitchers actually record innings for us last year. We have used 16 this year. So we have only 2/3 of the arms.

Exactly and everyone is in the same boat. I don't think a lot of fans have realized this yet.