PDA

View Full Version : Ugh- chatter on baseball

Coach34
03-12-2022, 10:52 PM
not much optimism on Simmons returning this year. Sims is done. Hunt may be back at some point.

Commercecomet24
03-12-2022, 11:03 PM
Yeah Sims and Simmons are both done unfortunately.

Some guys gotta step up.

CaptainObvious
03-12-2022, 11:27 PM
So are all these injuries because guys are throwing harder than ever? Or because they are TRYING to throw harder than ever and it just isn?t in them?

Hambone
03-12-2022, 11:43 PM
Wes Johnson came back and hosted a fall camp.

Not really. Just bad luck?

BeardoMSU
03-12-2022, 11:52 PM
Jesus Christ.

Now I feel like a POS for being pissed about the 9th inning vs Tulane.

Now we know.

Activated Alpha
03-12-2022, 11:57 PM
Jesus Christ.

Now I feel like a POS for being pissed about the 9th inning vs Tulane.

Now we know.

Same here. It all makes sense now.

Dawg2003
03-13-2022, 08:42 AM
So what you're saying is that Parker Stinnett is a now a weekend starter?

Offshore Dawg
03-13-2022, 09:10 AM
Next man up for what that's worth !!!

CaptainObvious
03-13-2022, 10:15 AM
Next man up for what that's worth !!!

At this rate next man up might be an outfielder throwing 2 or 3 innings per game. Brad Cumbest is warming up.

maroonmania
03-13-2022, 10:39 AM
This season is done as far as big time accomplishments. Just too many holes now. Given the level of play in the SEC this season I think we will be successful just making an NCAA regional. We've got work to do in the off-season bolstering our pitching staff.

Tater
03-13-2022, 11:58 AM
This season is done as far as big time accomplishments. Just too many holes now. Given the level of play in the SEC this season I think we will be successful just making an NCAA regional. We've got work to do in the off-season bolstering our pitching staff.

It's not like we had the most amazing staff rolling through the season last year. Sims was the only sure thing. Bednar really didn't shine brightly until Supers / CWS. PJ is looking similar in early year to him.

We've got Cade, Brandon, Parker who are showing capability of going 5ish innings. Bullpen arms will figure themselves out. The softball lineup is slowly heating up as the weather heats up. Warmer weather, ball will fly farther.

Give it time and then all of a sudden we'll be back in the hosting a regional discussion.

Commercecomet24
03-13-2022, 12:17 PM
It's not like we had the most amazing staff rolling through the season last year. Sims was the only sure thing. Bednar really didn't shine brightly until Supers / CWS. PJ is looking similar in early year to him.

We've got Cade, Brandon, Parker who are showing capability of going 5ish innings. Bullpen arms will figure themselves out. The softball lineup is slowly heating up as the weather heats up. Warmer weather, ball will fly farther.

Give it time and then all of a sudden we'll be back in the hosting a regional discussion.

Good post and I agree.

Saltydog
03-13-2022, 12:51 PM

We got a couple of good arms back there but not enough of them. Our BP is going to struggle mightily in league play. It just is. At least it will give some guys some work that we will need the next couple of years.

Tater
03-13-2022, 01:02 PM
We got a couple of good arms back there but not enough of them. Our BP is going to struggle mightily in league play. It just is. At least it will give some guys some work that we will need the next couple of years.

We were still rolling out Cerantola, Carmouche, Davis, Self, and Price at this point of the year last year. Will Bednar was in the pen. Bednar didn't get his first start until LSU.

maroonmania
03-13-2022, 01:23 PM

MacLeod and Harding were good for a large part of the year last year as well. And I won't be totally sold on the softball lineup until I see it against some of the better SEC pitching. We are still having games with this lineup where we struggle to get many hits at all against mediocre pitching. Hope we pull it together but right now if you handed me 15-15 in the SEC I would probably take it. I would love to find out eventually that I'm being too pessimistic.

AlSwearengen
03-13-2022, 01:31 PM
Last year was just strange for Bednar. He started out missing the first 2 or 3 weeks with a stiff neck and when he came back, he had to work his way back. He would be really good one outing, fair the next but would gut it out. He had a couple really bad ones where he just looked totally out of sorts. It was like he was really close to getting into his stride but just never could settle into it.

Coach34
03-13-2022, 02:05 PM
Bednar didn’t pitch very well in the Super and we got beat. But I’ll never forget how damn mad he looked walking off the mound when we pulled him. He was a different guy in Omaha

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2022, 02:08 PM
Bednar didn?t pitch very well in the Super and we got beat. But I?ll never forget how damn mad he looked walking off the mound when we pulled him. He was a different guy in Omaha

We won the game he pitched in the Supers. He didn't pitch well but we came back to win that one. McCleod took the Supers L. You are right about him being a different guy in Omaha. I'm still not sure I have or will ever see a guy at the collegiate level just become almost unhittable for a 10 day stretch. He was just oozing confidence and swagger.

Coach34
03-13-2022, 02:30 PM
Ahhhh- thats right. I got them flipped. But Bednar got pulled in the 4th and he was super pissed. Fueled him into Superman in Omaha

Homedawg
03-13-2022, 03:04 PM
We were still rolling out Cerantola, Carmouche, Davis, Self, and Price at this point of the year last year. Will Bednar was in the pen. Bednar didn't get his first start until LSU.

Bednar wasn't in the pen. He was hurt prior to that... he was going to be our two starter all year. But the neck caused him to miss a few starts

Homedawg
03-13-2022, 03:05 PM

Host??? Let's just get in one. This team isn't hosting.

KOdawg1
03-13-2022, 03:24 PM
Host??? Let's just get in one. This team isn't hosting.

I agree. Too many holes on the mound and too bipolar at the plate. I'll be happy with a 2 or 3 seed somewhere.

Tater
03-13-2022, 03:32 PM
Bednar wasn't in the pen. He was hurt prior to that... he was going to be our two starter all year. But the neck caused him to miss a few starts

Bednar definitely threw from the pen the two series before sec play last year.

The Federalist Engineer
03-13-2022, 03:34 PM
Did Florida lose their Ace? Not trying to spread fake news, I heard this watching the ESPN broadcast just now.

Offshore Dawg
03-14-2022, 10:16 AM
At this rate next man up might be an outfielder throwing 2 or 3 innings per game. Brad Cumbest is warming up.

Worked for the Mayor !

LC Dawg
03-14-2022, 10:29 AM
Two consistents each year before conference play - Ole Miss fans thinking they're going to win the national championship and Mississippi State fans thinking we won't make a regional. Kinda*

Homedawg
03-14-2022, 10:55 AM
Bednar definitely threw from the pen the two series before sec play last year.

Yes, rehab starts. Point was, he was never going to be a pen guy. HIs neck caused that and we gave him rehab innings out of the pen.