PDA

View Full Version : Texas State may be this years Coastal Carolina?

RougeDawg
03-12-2022, 04:55 PM
Swept Ohio State. Took 2 of 3 from Arizona. Beat Texas midweek and only lost other game to TX by 1. Currently 12-3 but a solid resume thus far against some decent competition.

Pancho
03-12-2022, 05:36 PM
yea they very good

StarkVegasSteve
03-12-2022, 06:08 PM
We would wax them. Not trying to be overconfident but that is a team that will get in a regional and burn all their bullets by Saturday.

TNDawg35
03-12-2022, 06:22 PM
We would wax them. Not trying to be overconfident but that is a team that will get in a regional and burn all their bullets by Saturday.

Ha!!! We couldn’t even “wax” Grambling… or LBSU who hasn’t hardly won a game since us…. Or Bum**** KY…. They would beat the shit out of us…

RougeDawg
03-12-2022, 08:31 PM

Don?t be so confident. Watching Coastal Carolina win it all should have proved something to everyone. That in baseball you can win with lesser talent if you have coaching that maximizes the talent you have. If you have a smart coach who knows the mechanics of every aspect of the game you can take 0 star guys and win.

And what I mean is a coach who can get players smart enough to truly learn the game and buy in on it. Maybe I?ll retire early one day and demonstrate it. Give me a Slappy Cumbest player for a summer of hitting practice and he will be a top 3 round pick. All he needs it a few small tweaks.

Give me a 180-200 lb guy who makes consistent contact but lacks power, and I?ll make a few tweaks to generate power based on his swing.

A person who understands the game and the physics of the player, you can easily make any team a Coastal Carolina, if the players are smart enough and buy in.

You also have to have someone with the knowledge on drills that alter a hitters mindset. Hard to explain here but I?ve personally done and seen things done the normal baseball mind thinks impossible at first. Such as short hopping a 375 gap fence off of a tee. It can be done. I?ve done it.

Eta: it’s all in the hips. Happy Gilmore style.

Eta 2: hitting a ball off a tee set up in front of your front foot to opposite field. So an inside pitch that would probably hit you. Being able to hit that the other way. It’s possible if you work on it. Done it.

BrunswickDawg
03-12-2022, 10:22 PM
Don?t be so confident. Watching Coastal Carolina win it all should have proved something to everyone. That in baseball you can win with lesser talent if you have coaching that maximizes the talent you have. If you have a smart coach who knows the mechanics of every aspect of the game you can take 0 star guys and win.

And what I mean is a coach who can get players smart enough to truly learn the game and buy in on it. Maybe I?ll retire early one day and demonstrate it. Give me a Slappy Cumbest player for a summer of hitting practice and he will be a top 3 round pick. All he needs it a few small tweaks.

Give me a 180-200 lb guy who makes consistent contact but lacks power, and I?ll make a few tweaks to generate power based on his swing.

A person who understands the game and the physics of the player, you can easily make any team a Coastal Carolina, if the players are smart enough and buy in.

You also have to have someone with the knowledge on drills that alter a hitters mindset. Hard to explain here but I?ve personally done and seen things done the normal baseball mind thinks impossible at first. Such as short hopping a 375 gap fence off of a tee. It can be done. I?ve done it.

Eta 2: hitting a ball off a tee set up in front of your front foot to opposite field. So an inside pitch that would probably hit you. Being able to hit that the other way. It’s possible if you work on it. Done it.

I read this and picture Costanza giving Danny Tartabull hitting advice

https://www.si.com/.image/c_fit%2Ccs_srgb%2Cfl_progressive%2Cq_auto:good%2Cw _620/MTY4MjU4NzM2NTc4MzczNTA1/seinfeld-tartubelljpg.jpg

Todd4State
03-13-2022, 12:02 AM

It's more about who is the hottest at the end of the year.