PDA

View Full Version : Forsythe shouldn't be playing

sleepy dawg
03-12-2022, 02:12 PM
Forsythe is putting up one of the statistically worst seasons I've ever seen from a hitter. In 27 at bats he has 4 total bases. That of course gives him a slugging % of his batting average which is .148. I don't think I've ever seen a player continue to even get playing time with numbers that bad in the rare case there is even a player with numbers that bad. There isn't a fielder who's ever lived that can justify that person batting. At this point, it's very hard to believe that if he plays SS that we wouldn't be better off DHing him instead of the pitcher.

Todd4State
03-12-2022, 02:16 PM
He's the SEC version of Pete Kozma.

basedog
03-12-2022, 02:32 PM
He is still a very young player; Hope he continues to work at his hitting cause his fielding is outstanding.

Saltydog
03-12-2022, 03:07 PM
Forsythe is putting up one of the statistically worst seasons I've ever seen from a hitter. In 27 at bats he has 4 total bases. That of course gives him a slugging % of his batting average which is .148. I don't think I've ever seen a player continue to even get playing time with numbers that bad in the rare case there is even a player with numbers that bad. There isn't a fielder who's ever lived that can justify that person batting. At this point, it's very hard to believe that if he plays SS that we wouldn't be better off DHing him instead of the pitcher.

People forget what he did in the CWS last year and not just with the glove. Give him a few more outings and let's see. It's not like Yeager is any better.

sleepy dawg
03-12-2022, 03:30 PM
People forget what he did in the CWS last year and not just with the glove. Give him a few more outings and let's see. It's not like Yeager is any better.

Yeager, who's probably our 2nd worst hitter has probably been about twice as good at the plate as Forsythe.

Cowbell
03-12-2022, 03:34 PM
More times than not, Lemonis has been correct when waiting and letting a guy hit his way out of a slump. Clark was 0-16 at one point.

sleepy dawg
03-12-2022, 03:38 PM
Yeager, who's probably our 2nd worst hitter has probably been about twice as good at the plate as Forsythe.

And also, literally nobody who cares about our baseball has forgotten what Forsythe did in the CWS last year. Overall though, that's been an anomaly to the rest of his entire career.

sleepy dawg
03-12-2022, 03:39 PM
More times than not, Lemonis has been correct when waiting and letting a guy hit his way out of a slump. Clark was 0-16 at one point.

The thing is though, Forsythe doesn't appear to be in a slump like Clark. It just looks like this is the kind of hitter Forsythe is.

Coach34
03-12-2022, 03:56 PM
Well Foreskin worked hard in the weightroom and got his weight up from 151 pounds to 153 pounds

Schultzy
03-12-2022, 10:11 PM
We don’t even beat Campbell to get to the CWS and win the Natty if not for Forsyth.

Saltydog
03-13-2022, 12:05 AM

Yeager has a grand total of 2 more hits than Forsythe.

Apoplectic
03-13-2022, 12:26 AM
He?s had his chance- portal him

sleepy dawg
03-13-2022, 12:47 AM
Yeager has a grand total of 2 more hits than Forsythe.

That's true... and 4 more runs and 5 more walks and more doubles and less strike outs.

Forsythe has an OPS of .348 and Yeager of .510. 1 is bad and the other is absolutely abysmal.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-13-2022, 12:59 PM
The biggest thing is that it doesnt look like Forsythe put in the work at the weight room or the batting cage since last June.

Tater
03-13-2022, 01:04 PM
Lane has a higher OBP than Clark and Leggett FYI

vv83
03-13-2022, 01:37 PM
and that is why he's out there

SilentSteel16
03-13-2022, 01:40 PM
Yeah people don’t realize it but he has WON more games for us than he has lost in the 9hole slot. He is an exceptional SS. You get what you get in the box but his glove is MLB level, bat not so much. Great play by the young man though. I liked seeing Tepper come in under control …. That may be of note later in the year.

Leroy Jenkins
03-13-2022, 01:40 PM
He makes plays in the field that no one else can. How many runs is that worth? I don't know, but if he saves a run or drives in a run the net result on the scoreboard is the same.

SilentSteel16
03-13-2022, 01:43 PM
Like I said, he has won more games for us than lost. There were several in the CWS last year that he won from the infield dirt.

maroonmania
03-13-2022, 01:57 PM
The biggest thing is that it doesnt look like Forsythe put in the work at the weight room or the batting cage since last June.

Seriously, is there any player on our roster that played last year that you can say is playing better this year? I feel like all of our players AND coaches have just taken vacation since last July. That's what it looks like anyway.

Saltydog
03-13-2022, 02:03 PM
I rest my case.......He just won us this game........