PDA

View Full Version : The Coach?s Salary Window has moved above our Fanbase

CaptainObvious
03-11-2022, 09:23 PM
Gonna take $2.5 to $3 million (maybe more) to get the basketball coach this program needs even if they don?t have P5 experience. We are who we are!

Coach34
03-11-2022, 09:25 PM
We paid a girls BBall coach almost 2 million with Vic for a program that lost money. To hire a Men's coach for 3MM wouldnt hurt us at all.

We're a big boy. It's ok

Commercecomet24
03-11-2022, 09:27 PM
We paid a girls BBall coach almost 2 million with Vic for a program that lost money. To hire a Men's coach for 3MM wouldnt hurt us at all.

We're a big boy. It's ok

Right and sec revenue is going up so yeah I think we're good. I'm not worried about the money I'm worried about making the right hire

CaptainObvious
03-11-2022, 09:34 PM
Cuonzo made $2.925 million and got fired.

Tom Crean made $3.1 million and got fired.

We paid a 25 year veteran coach $2.5 million to go to 1 NCAA Tourney in 7 years.

Cohen ain?t paying a young buck with less than 6 years D1 Coaching experience for more than $2.5 mil. Not happening.

Coach34
03-11-2022, 09:41 PM

We paid a 25 year veteran coach $2.5 million to go to 1 NCAA Tourney in 7 years.

Cohen ain?t paying a young buck with less than 6 years D1 Coaching experience for more than $2.5 mil. Not happening.

I'm not seeing the problem? Both those guys were veteran coaches. Hiring a guy from a lower level at 2MM will easily give them a million plus raise. Coaches like that

Ifyouonlyknew
03-11-2022, 09:46 PM

You may be surprised.

CaptainObvious
03-11-2022, 09:48 PM
I'm not seeing the problem? Both those guys were veteran coaches. Hiring a guy from a lower level at 2MM will easily give them a million plus raise. Coaches like that

Bruce Weber also out at K-State.

As the number of openings grow, we will see how good of a coach $2 mm will get. And we don?t actually have an opening. I haven?t seen where Howland has a warm seat. Did I miss it?

And the reason I started this instead of adding to the other thread is it got confusing as to whether we were talking about a womens coach or a mens coach on there.

HoopsDawg
03-11-2022, 09:55 PM

Cohen's job is on the line. I assume he will go all out.

Commercecomet24
03-11-2022, 09:58 PM
Cohen's job is on the line. I assume he will go all out.

Yes I'm more worried about us getting the hire right than anything else. Hopefully somebody that knows basketball makes the decision.

Saltydog
03-11-2022, 10:11 PM

As the number of openings grow, we will see how good of a coach $2 mm will get. And we don?t actually have an opening. I haven?t seen where Howland has a warm seat. Did I miss it?

And the reason I started this instead of adding to the other thread is it got confusing as to whether we were talking about a womens coach or a mens coach on there.

Yeah and Weber stated he's not going to cut his hair until the NCAA does something about cheating and dirty programs. Of course that was directed at Bill Self and Kansas but don't for a minute think the SEC would be any different with that POS Pearl. Not to mention Cal and Will Wade.

HoopsDawg
03-11-2022, 10:14 PM
Yes I'm more worried about us getting the hire right than anything else. Hopefully somebody that knows basketball makes the decision.

Yeah, I guess Adidas will help out.

Commercecomet24
03-11-2022, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I guess Adidas will help out.

I sure hope so.

Homedawg
03-11-2022, 10:36 PM

Howland won't be the coach next year...