PDA

View Full Version : Just Back from the Game

parabrave
03-08-2022, 10:56 PM
1st time seeing them since the last game in Biloxi, where they were also #4 and we beat them. Just a few comments

1 Great crowd thanks for everyone who came.
2. Stinnet did a great job. He didn't fall apart when Dorn missed the ball.
3. Tanner Leggett you just a bad ass baby. This young man is a gamer. I wished he would've tried to steal home. After the 3rd out he was pointing and calling out their 1st baseman. Rowdy Yates he is.
4 Brandon Smith gave us 2 good innings and THIS TIME Lemon pulled him at the right moment.
5 Jung from TT is a stud.
6 Umpiring was good. Home plate ump was very consistent with his zone. I sat 3 rows up behind the plate and had only 1 problem with him

Hey SVD I got the Bunt and HR on my phone. I'll send them to you phone if you can upload them here.

Cowbell
03-08-2022, 11:11 PM
1st time seeing them since the last game in Biloxi, where they were also #4 and we beat them. Just a few comments

1 Great crowd thanks for everyone who came.
2. Stinnet did a great job. He didn't fall apart when Dorn missed the ball.
3. Tanner Leggett you just a bad ass baby. This young man is a gamer. I wished he would've tried to steal home. After the 3rd out he was pointing and calling out their 1st baseman. Rowdy Yates he is.
4 Brandon Smith gave us 2 good innings and THIS TIME Lemon pulled him at the right moment.
5 Jung from TT is a stud.
6 Umpiring was good. Home plate ump was very consistent with his zone. I sat 3 rows up behind the plate and had only 1 problem with him

Hey SVD I got the Bunt and HR on my phone. I'll send them to you phone if you can upload them here.

Tanner Leggett is a gamer. He is the swagger this team needs more of

Todd4State
03-08-2022, 11:46 PM
We've figured out our lineup. Since going to the softball lineup we've scored 19, 10, 4, and now 11 runs. That will work. And we've done that against some good teams away from Starkville. I think we're going to mash.

We're still figuring out our staff and that's been complicated by injuries. But Stinnett and Kohn both looked great. I thought that was huge because we need another weekend starter and Kohn can be the LH guy the coaches want.

LoTan looks good.

Hancock and James have the corners locked down and have been fine.

Leggett should start at SS. He gives us some toughness and scrappiness. Meche and Yeager are a toss up to me. We can bring Forsythe in late to games for defense if we want to.

Seibert has played well. I wonder if they will consider platooning him with Corder? Cumbest has been good and then Kellum is starting to settle in.

Hunter Hines has a chance to be the next special MSU star. His power is unreal. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a first round pick in a couple of years if he continues to mash like that.

parabrave
03-09-2022, 12:33 AM
Siebert had 2 Good at bats. He really battled and worked the count. However there was one batter who really looked lost at the plate. He just needs to get on base anyway he can and forget about trying to jack one every AB.

bulldogcountry1
03-09-2022, 06:56 AM
I?d like to try Leggett at lead off. He?s got that scrappy quality and showed last night he can play the short game to get on base.

Cumbest is 1 for his last 14, and been getting a steady diet of breaking balls. He needs the have the discipline to lay off, or he?s going to really struggle.

maroonmania
03-09-2022, 08:19 AM
I?d like to try Leggett at lead off. He?s got that scrappy quality and showed last night he can play the short game to get on base.

Cumbest is 1 for his last 14, and been getting a steady diet of breaking balls. He needs the have the discipline to lay off, or he?s going to really struggle.

I agree with giving Leggett a shot at leadoff. Forsythe is more of a liability on offense to me than Leggett is on defense. Also, I'm not surprised that Cumbest is cooling off. Brad still has holes in his swing that teams are going to start focusing on more and more especially as we get into SEC play. He will have to learn to better recognize spin because in SEC play he will likely never see a fastball if he can't get ahead in the count. Bottom line, he has to stop swinging at breaking balls well out of the zone.

basedog
03-09-2022, 08:38 AM
I agree with giving Leggett a shot at leadoff. Forsythe is more of a liability on offense to me than Leggett is on defense. Also, I'm not surprised that Cumbest is cooling off. Brad still has holes in his swing that teams are going to start focusing on more and more especially as we get into SEC play. He will have to learn to better recognize spin because in SEC play he will likely never see a fastball if he can't get ahead in the count. Bottom line, he has to stop swinging at breaking balls well out of the zone.

It's not just swinging at breaking balls out of the zone, he is just missing with his swing. He looks so confused and lost at the plate, no doubt he isn't seeing the ball very well at all. Hopefully he will come around, he has really become a good outfielder.

MStateDawg
03-09-2022, 08:52 AM

He gave up 4 runs on 7 hits in 2 & 1/3. He's been the biggest disappointment on the staff (ERA at 6.97). He has to step up going forward.

R2Dawg
03-09-2022, 01:34 PM
We've figured out our lineup. Since going to the softball lineup we've scored 19, 10, 4, and now 11 runs. That will work. And we've done that against some good teams away from Starkville. I think we're going to mash.

We're still figuring out our staff and that's been complicated by injuries. But Stinnett and Kohn both looked great. I thought that was huge because we need another weekend starter and Kohn can be the LH guy the coaches want.

LoTan looks good.

Leggett should start at SS. He gives us some toughness and scrappiness. Meche and Yeager are a toss up to me. We can bring Forsythe in late to games for defense if we want to.

Seibert has played well. I wonder if they will consider platooning him with Corder? Cumbest has been good and then Kellum is starting to settle in.

Hunter Hines has a chance to be the next special MSU star. His power is unreal. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a first round pick in a couple of years if he continues to mash like that.

Good post and I agree. Leggett as a senior sets the Bulldog tone. We have to power to smash the ball and I think we have found the lineup to get the O going. Hines agree. I said the other day he is the next Jake or TA at MSU. Reload!

Choctaw Dawg
03-09-2022, 02:33 PM
He gave up 4 runs on 7 hits in 2 & 1/3. He's been the biggest disappointment on the staff (ERA at 6.97). He has to step up going forward.

He will be a decent long relief guy for us if his sinker is working. We really can't have him go through the lineup a second time though since he is really hittable.

TNDawg35
03-09-2022, 04:07 PM

I like this idea. Hancock isn’t the answer at leadoff. He skys the ball Or rolls over way too much. Now he will work a count, I will give him that. I wouldn’t mind putting Leggett at SS and leaving Meche and 2nd. I just hate to leave Yeager and Forsyth out cause they are elite defensively. I still think Kam James needs to get away from 3rd. I watched the replay this morning and there was 2 grounders and then that pop up he should have had. I really want to see Alford there. Hell I wouldn’t be against putting James in CF against Princeton and letting him see what he could do and let Cumbest sit and think for a bit. Until he learns to wait her mash the hanging breaker and leave the one that rolls off the plate low and away, he is in trouble. There is no way he would see a fastball at all. It would be steady diet of breakers.

Turfdawg67
03-09-2022, 05:51 PM
12 comments on a positive post and 60 on an "Embarrassed and Unacceptable" one. So typical. Kudos to the 10 posters on this thread. And many of you are in the whiners column too, and that's okay... and least you're fair and balanced, unlike many on this board.

ETA... guess we'll get more "Embarrassed" threads soon... sigh.

KOdawg1
03-09-2022, 07:19 PM
12 comments on a positive post and 60 on an "Embarrassed and Unacceptable" one. So typical. Kudos to the 10 posters on this thread. And many of you are in the whiners column too, and that's okay... and least you're fair and balanced, unlike many on this board.

ETA... guess we'll get more "Embarrassed" threads soon... sigh.

I'm curious, do you bring any actual discussion to the board, or are 99% of your posts sarcastic shots that bitch about how people post? Literally can't remember a time you made a post that generated any discussion (good or bad). Maybe you should write a rule book for us to follow.

Turfdawg67
03-09-2022, 08:04 PM
I'm curious, do you bring any actual discussion to the board, or are 99% of your posts sarcastic shots that bitch about how people post? Literally can't remember a time you made a post that generated any discussion (good or bad). Maybe you should write a rule book for us to follow.

No. I'm not a chat room bad-ass like you. Oh... but I long to be. 17'n Douche.

ETA... I've never read one thing that you've "brought to the board", but it's not for a lack of trying. 17'n Douche.

KOdawg1
03-09-2022, 08:11 PM
No. I'm not a chat room bad-ass like you. Oh... but I long to be. 17'n Douche.

ETA... I've never read one thing that you've "brought to the board", but it's not for a lack of trying. 17'n Douche.

Haha I've got you repeating yourself. Scream through your keyboard little man. Scream through it.

"17n douche"

Turfdawg67
03-09-2022, 08:23 PM
Haha I've got you repeating yourself. Scream through your keyboard little man. Scream through it.

"17n douche"

Yawn... get that post count up bud.

KOdawg1
03-09-2022, 08:28 PM
Yawn... get that post count up bud.

Recycling the same weak comebacks I see. Someone owns you in an argument and you bring up a post count lol. I might need to be careful though. Don't want you to creepily stalk and obsess over me like you did 7.

Turfdawg67
03-09-2022, 09:24 PM
Recycling the same weak comebacks I see. Someone owns you in an argument and you bring up a post count lol. I might need to be careful though. Don't want you to creepily stalk and obsess over me like you did 7.

Owns me?!? You are a legend in your own mine. Ha! You seem to remember my posts more than me... maybe you're obsessed? I can't remember one single post you've ever made. I'll assume it was how shitty our football/basketball/baseball teams are. Prob close, eh? Lolz... next, dippy.

ETA... I'll get bored eventually so you'll eventually get the last word.

KOdawg1
03-09-2022, 09:27 PM
Owns me?!? You are a legend in your own mine. Ha! You seem to remember my posts more than me... maybe you're obsessed? I can't remember one single post you've ever made. I'll assume it was how shitty our football/basketball/baseball teams are. Prob close, eh? Lolz... next, dippy.

ETA... I'll get bored eventually so you'll eventually get the last word.

Good deal.

And your assumption would be wrong because I generally make just as many positive posts as I do negative ones. You just don't see those because you only show up after losses to scream at people for being disappointed. Kinda hypocritical if you ask me. Lolz

Percho
03-11-2022, 02:43 PM

LoTan looks good.

I thought the lefty looked good. He could be real good if he can be consistent.