PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction ?- Miss State Baseball makes it to a Super Regional

SilentSteel16
03-08-2022, 11:05 AM
This team makes a Super behind Cade,PJ and Hunt as weekend guys and Pico midweek. Sims is done for the year BUT is the emotional spark plug leader and proves it. Hancock hits .380 and Yeager becomes the leader in OPS. Hines gets Newcomer of the Year and Cumbest hits 11 homers. Clark becomes everyday starter after Arky game.

StarkVegasSteve
03-08-2022, 11:44 AM
So all 4 pitchers are going to throw CG?s every start? Because I will be honest everything else, outside of Cumbest hitting 11 HRs, is not that far fetched. If we fail to find 4-5 consistent bullpen guys then it really does not matter what else happens.

Commercecomet24
03-08-2022, 11:50 AM
I believe we have to keep Pico in the pen because he's the only dependable lefty we have down there. I believe Fristoe will stay as midweek guy or maybe even stinnett(i know, i know). I believe we make a regional at that point it's a crap shoot because then it becomes who can pitch and get clutch hits to make it to a super. Lot of season left and lot of work left for us to do.

SilentSteel16
03-08-2022, 11:56 AM
I believe you can lean on Brandon Smith, Tepper, Auger and Simmons. Frist, Walker will also contribute. Walker is my dark horse stud

SilentSteel16
03-08-2022, 12:01 PM
Might I add we will have 36 wins as a floor and will push 42 as a ceiling

Some of you will say maroon colored glasses but I want you to look back at history and see how this team traditionally starts out and pat special attention to the SP rotations from week 1 through the end of the season. Last year is a prime example for SP.

smootness
03-08-2022, 01:19 PM

Some of you will say maroon colored glasses but I want you to look back at history and see how this team traditionally starts out and pat special attention to the SP rotations from week 1 through the end of the season. Last year is a prime example for SP.

If you think the FLOOR the rest of the way is 30-14, you're an insane person. And 36-8 I would certainly consider impossible for this team.

mparkerfd20
03-08-2022, 01:21 PM
You may be right but I don't think we'll host at all this year. We'll squeak in as a 2 or 3 seed in someone else's bracket. I don't think we make it to a Super tho.

SilentSteel16
03-08-2022, 01:28 PM
If you think the FLOOR the rest of the way is 30-14, you're an insane person. And 36-8 I would certainly consider impossible for this team.

I said what I said ….. This team will surprise you, I really do believe that once the unknown about Sims passes and is accepted the team will realize it is time to step up. Plus I don’t think Sims will allow this team to sulk and will be that spark plug. Talent wise this team has it, baseball brings out the best of players once they buy in.

I DO believe this teams gets to 36+ wins. I never said they host but they will be a #3 seed at worst in a regional

shoeless joe
03-08-2022, 01:45 PM
I said last week that when Oregon state won their second consecutive title it was as a 3 seed. Now I’m not gonna go that far but there is little doubt that once the tourney hits that our mojo from last yr will then become a benefit. At this point we just gotta make the tourney.

Cowbell
03-08-2022, 02:06 PM
I stand by my stance that Limmon is playing the long game with this team. Much of our issues this far is just ball players needing to mature and l trust what our HC is doing.

Coach34
03-08-2022, 02:06 PM
Just got to get some consistent pitching. We get Simmons and Hunt back in the next couple weeks and find a 3rd SP- start getting roles defined- we'll be ok.

Todd4State
03-08-2022, 02:07 PM
Our ceiling is proportional to how hard headed our coaches are with Stinnett and Tullar. I think Lemonis is getting close to telling Foxhall to knock it off with those two though.

This may be our toughest part of the schedule though. And we have come pretty close to figuring our lineup out. Getting Hunt and Simmons back will help the staff out.

We can really focus on SEC play after this midweek series. But we need to sweep Princeton and Binghamton.

Regionals will be determined by our SEC play. We win 13-14 SEC games we probably get in as long as we don't lose a bunch of midweek games.

If you pushed me to make a guess I'd say we win 30-32 with this group.

R2Dawg
03-08-2022, 04:17 PM
I said what I said ….. This team will surprise you, I really do believe that once the unknown about Sims passes and is accepted the team will realize it is time to step up. Plus I don’t think Sims will allow this team to sulk and will be that spark plug. Talent wise this team has it, baseball brings out the best of players once they buy in.

I DO believe this teams gets to 36+ wins. I never said they host but they will be a #3 seed at worst in a regional

If the pathetic showing so far isn't enough to make everyone realize it is time to step up then we have bigger issues. We shouldn't have to have Sims hurt to wake anyone up. We are the defending NC and top 5 program in the country. Time to start acting like it.

At this point, just making a regional as a 4 seed is bold. I think we still can make a regional but large large gaps to fill. We need several pitchers to come of age real soon. Like the next stud pitchers from MSU like we always have. It can happen and mostly I expect it to.

Homedawg
03-08-2022, 04:57 PM
Our ceiling is proportional to how hard headed our coaches are with Stinnett and Tullar. I think Lemonis is getting close to telling Foxhall to knock it off with those two though.

This may be our toughest part of the schedule though. And we have come pretty close to figuring our lineup out. Getting Hunt and Simmons back will help the staff out.

We can really focus on SEC play after this midweek series. But we need to sweep Princeton and Binghamton.

Regionals will be determined by our SEC play. We win 13-14 SEC games we probably get in as long as we don't lose a bunch of midweek games.

If you pushed me to make a guess I'd say we win 30-32 with this group.

You can say it's all on Fox, that's fine he's the pitching coach, part of it is on him. But to act like Lem has zero say in when a pitcher comes out is wrong. He's the coach it's on him. Goat is the hitting guy, but the lineup made up each day is, again on Lem. Don't take this as am down and out on any of them, but it find it amusing youve blasted Fox over and over and over and nothing on Lem. Heck you're trying to find us a new pitching coach. Fact is, we haven't coached great, or even good, and have played worse.

Captain Falcon
03-08-2022, 05:12 PM
It?s all predicated on how we finish and where we get sent. If you told me we were the 2 seed in Tallahassee or Atlanta I?d say we absolutely can go to a Super.

If we continue to struggle and get shipped to Austin or Corvallis then I wouldn?t count on it.

Ari Gold
03-08-2022, 06:22 PM
This team makes a Super behind Cade,PJ and Hunt as weekend guys and Pico midweek. Sims is done for the year BUT is the emotional spark plug leader and proves it. Hancock hits .380 and Yeager becomes the leader in OPS. Hines gets Newcomer of the Year and Cumbest hits 11 homers. Clark becomes everyday starter after Arky game.

Mule better get them in NC games.. I hope I’m wrong but he isnt going to hit in league play like the majority of our fans think he is.. and it may not be even close

I worry we will have to lean on Hines too much and he will hit that freshman wall .. but the kid is going to be special that’s for sure.
We have have to have Clark hit like he is suppose to or capable of
And Yeager has to produce. They don’t have to be Mercer numbers , but he has to be a guy we can count on

Homedawg
03-08-2022, 08:11 PM
Mule better get them in NC games.. I hope I’m wrong but he isnt going to hit in league play like the majority of our fans think he is.. and it may not be even close

I worry we will have to lean on Hines too much and he will hit that freshman wall .. but the kid is going to be special that’s for sure.
We have have to have Clark hit like he is suppose to or capable of
And Yeager has to produce. They don’t have to be Mercer numbers , but he has to be a guy we can count on
I agree w everything in this post. All of it. Top to bottom.

SilentSteel16
03-25-2022, 09:23 PM

Just going to leave this right here ………

EdwardDrayton
03-25-2022, 10:17 PM
Well, optimism kept us going all basketball season long too. Let’s hope it works in baseball.

TNDawg35
03-26-2022, 12:05 AM
Just got to get some consistent pitching. We get Simmons and Hunt back in the next couple weeks and find a 3rd SP- start getting roles defined- we'll be ok.

Delete

Coach34
03-26-2022, 01:05 AM
Delete

Delete why? Hate we lost Simmons but Hunt is close to coming back. He was in the outfield warming up today

As I said- if we get pitching roles defined- we gonna be a tough out in June

TNDawg35
03-26-2022, 06:12 AM
Delete why? Hate we lost Simmons but Hunt is close to coming back. He was in the outfield warming up today

Naw, I originally read your comment and thought it was recent and got the impression Simmons was coming back. It was my fault. I was saying delete my comment…

R2Dawg
03-26-2022, 06:59 AM

A super at this point is a stretch but we can still get hot and find some more players. If the mash mob or bomb squad or whatever we call that Yeager, Hines, Clark, Cumbest smashing group had been doing that all year, we'd have 5-7 more wins and still be in top 10 despite our pitching woes.

R2Dawg
03-26-2022, 07:00 AM

Tough out in June is some deep baseball? You thinking super or CWS?

R2Dawg
03-26-2022, 07:01 AM

I thought Simmons was done?

somebodyshotmypaw
03-26-2022, 08:52 AM
I thought Simmons was done?

Simmons is done. Look at the date on coach34’s post. His post was before we knew about the extent of the injury.

Coach34
03-26-2022, 10:02 AM
Tough out in June is some deep baseball? You thinking super or CWS?

This team can make it back to Omaha because of the way they swing the bat. We have the potential to have solid SP with a handful of solid RP’s. Just need the pen to grow up the next 2 months. Now we aren’t good enough to win it again after losing Sims and Simmons- but could easily be back in a Super with a chance at Omaha on the line

R2Dawg
03-26-2022, 10:25 AM
This team can make it back to Omaha because of the way they swing the bat. We have the potential to have solid SP with a handful of solid RP?s. Just need the pen to grow up the next 2 months. Now we aren?t good enough to win it again after losing Sims and Simmons- but could easily be back in a Super with a chance at Omaha on the line

I agree we certainly have the ability to make Omaha again. It got a lot tougher losing Sims but we got to have other pitchers step up or show up.

We would not have won NC last year had Harding and Preston not show up in big ways in route to Omaha and in Omaha. I still think we got a few more arms that could come out at some point.

Big hitting can offset some of the Sims loss. You ain't got to shut them down, just have to out score them.

chef dixon
03-26-2022, 10:37 AM
Still early. Pitching will evolve. Wouldn't bet against State baseball. Let Tennessee and Ole Miss jerk it off for April champions

Coach34
03-26-2022, 10:41 AM
Here’s where you know you have a pretty good team:

Last night Yeager came to the plate- our 8-hole hitter mind you- and people that know baseball were thinking- “ya know- I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he hit a HR here to win it”

Boom

Commercecomet24
03-26-2022, 01:12 PM
Here?s where you know you have a pretty good team:

Last night Yeager came to the plate- our 8-hole hitter mind you- and people that know baseball were thinking- ?ya know- I wouldn?t be surprised at all if he hit a HR here to win it?

Boom

Exactly! And keep the lineup like it is!