PDA

View Full Version : Big surprise Tuesday in Biloxi

basedog
03-07-2022, 08:38 PM
I just saw where Stinnett to start With Tuesday. Well hopefully he is better starting.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 08:40 PM
Interesting.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 08:40 PM
Well one things for sure it'll keep him from blowing a save.

basedog
03-07-2022, 08:41 PM
Interesting.

What is the thought, maybe the pressure as a reliever he doesn’t handle as to starting?

basedog
03-07-2022, 08:42 PM

You earned this rep! LOL

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 08:46 PM
What is the thought, maybe the pressure as a reliever he doesn’t handle as to starting?

Maybe. I know some guys just can't pitch in relief but are ok starting and vice versa, maybe that's it with him, but the guy looks scared to death to challenge hitters. If it works genius, but I just don't have much confidence in stinnett at this point. At this point though with injuries some guys got to step up.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 08:47 PM
You earned this rep! LOL

Thanks lol!

CadaverDawg
03-07-2022, 08:47 PM

Hahahaha

Might as well see if he's as bad starting as he is from the pen. Never know....Although we all do. Lol

Would be pretty awesome if he came out and didn't overthrow since he knows he has to try to give us more than an inning, and it caused him to have more control. One can dream.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 08:51 PM
Hahahaha

Might as well see if he's as bad starting as he is from the pen. Never know....Although we all do. Lol

Would be pretty awesome if he came out and didn't overthrow since he knows he has to try to give us more than an inning, and it caused him to have more control. One can dream.

I'm right there dreaming with ya!

tcdog70
03-07-2022, 08:59 PM
I was wondering if He might be a better starter than relief man. Our coaches must love his stuff. Hell let’s Him give it a shot.

Todd4State
03-07-2022, 09:01 PM

Right! You can't blow a lead if you start the game.

I wonder at what point they just say hey it's just not working.

Todd4State
03-07-2022, 09:02 PM
I was wondering if He might be a better starter than relief man. Our coaches must love his stuff. Hell let’s Him give it a shot.

If that's the thought process we should start Walling tomorrow.

I don't understand why one guy gets multiple opportunities and another doesn't.

BuckyIsAB****
03-07-2022, 09:07 PM
He must be GREAT in practice

EdwardDrayton
03-07-2022, 09:10 PM

Word! LOL

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 09:10 PM
The thing about stinnett that's crazy, the dude has good stuff but he just not competitive at times. Talk about an enigma. His breaking ball is plus and he's got good velo but he just can't get it done.

Todd4State
03-07-2022, 09:19 PM
The thing about stinnett that's crazy, the dude has good stuff but he just not competitive at times. Talk about an enigma. His breaking ball is plus and he's got good velo but he just can't get it done.

Yeah. He does look good when is warming up when I've seen him. Put someone in the box and it's Wild Thing.

He needs to read the Sandy Koufax quote about "I started to get people out when I started to try to make them hit the ball."

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 09:24 PM
Yeah. He does look good when is warming up when I've seen him. Put someone in the box and it's Wild Thing.

He needs to read the Sandy Koufax quote about "I started to get people out when I started to try to make them hit the ball."

Yeah he just looks scared to death to pitch to contact. On Saturday for instance first guy hits first pitch hard but for an out and after that he was missing a mile outside. Walks next 2 hitters on 9 pitches.

CadaverDawg
03-07-2022, 09:25 PM

Yeah, I feel like he does the 2 things that lead to walks the most....

1. Thinks he has to strike everyone out

2. Thinks he has to show everyone how hard he can throw

Todd4State
03-07-2022, 10:01 PM
Yeah he just looks scared to death to pitch to contact. On Saturday for instance first guy hits first pitch hard but for an out and after that he was missing a mile outside. Walks next 2 hitters on 9 pitches.

Yeah, I feel like he does the 2 things that lead to walks the most....

1. Thinks he has to strike everyone out

2. Thinks he has to show everyone how hard he can throw

Yes to both of these posts!

The only way this works is if Stinnett does better with a routine vs getting loose quickly. To me that's really the biggest difference between the guys that can only start and the guys that can only come out of the bullpen.

I seriously doubt this will work though. Hard to be upset though since our staff is a mess no matter what we do. Would at least like to see us try someone who hasn't repeatedly failed more than any other pitcher though.

CadaverDawg
03-07-2022, 10:08 PM
Yes to both of these posts!

The only way this works is if Stinnett does better with a routine vs getting loose quickly. To me that's really the biggest difference between the guys that can only start and the guys that can only come out of the bullpen.

I seriously doubt this will work though. Hard to be upset though since our staff is a mess no matter what we do. Would at least like to see us try someone who hasn't repeatedly failed more than any other pitcher though.

Yeah, I don't mind trying it. I also don't mind us trying every guy on the staff at some point and giving them the same opportunity to rise up that Stinnett has received. Give me Walling, Kohn, and on down the line before giving Stinnett another shot if tomorrow doesn't work. We have got to find out who can rise, so that we aren't in this same Stinnett spot with Walling and the others next year.

parabrave
03-07-2022, 10:25 PM
Anyone want a good seat for tomorrow night?* I'll be there to support the kids.

parabrave
03-07-2022, 10:27 PM

Pitchers need to trust their defense, otherwise just quit.

HoopsDawg
03-07-2022, 10:57 PM
I think it's fine. We are in a bit of a crisis right now with Sims, Hunt, and Simmons out. Stinnett has the stuff. Just has to go compete.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 11:03 PM
Pitchers need to trust their defense, otherwise just quit.

I agree walks make me pull my hair out! There's nothing you can do to defend a walk, at least if they hit it you have a chance. Gotta love guys like sims, pj and Cade who go right at hitters. Attack!

basedog
03-07-2022, 11:37 PM
I agree walks make me pull my hair out! There's nothing you can do to defend a walk, at least if they hit it you have a chance. Gotta love guys like sims, pj and Cade who go right at hitters. Attack!

Plus they don't fool around on the mound. Throw the pitch and hurry up and throw it back! Quick workers.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 11:38 PM
Plus they don't fool around on the mound. Throw the pitch and hurry up and throw it back! Quick workers.

Amen to that! I was a ss and I hated pitchers that took forever to throw a pitch. It's annoying and it gets fielders antsy. Plus they get in a rhythm and hitters hate that!

Todd4State
03-07-2022, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I don't mind trying it. I also don't mind us trying every guy on the staff at some point and giving them the same opportunity to rise up that Stinnett has received. Give me Walling, Kohn, and on down the line before giving Stinnett another shot if tomorrow doesn't work. We have got to find out who can rise, so that we aren't in this same Stinnett spot with Walling and the others next year.

It's pretty confusing to me. Stinnett has had one good outing this year- against Grambling. He and Tullar have 9 combined appearances to Walling's 1. Stinnett will tie Auger for appearances tomorrow and he has more IP than anyone else. At some point the coaches have to understand that for whatever reason he can't perform in game.

Amen to that! I was a ss and I hated pitchers that took forever to throw a pitch. It's annoying and it gets fielders antsy. Plus they get in a rhythm and hitters hate that!

Oh my gosh- pitchers that take forever to throw it are the WORST! Every great pitcher just commanded the tempo on the mound. And don't get me started on the guys that throw three pick off attempts when they're up by 10 and the other team's catcher is on first base. I saw Foxhall visit Tullar for doing that when we were up by like 17 the other night. LOL.

WSOPdawg
03-08-2022, 12:50 AM
So why does this decision get made "public"? This just gives TT the opportunity to scout Stinnett and have their players ready for him. Heck, TT shouldn't find out who they are facing until 60 minutes til game time imo.

TNDawg35
03-08-2022, 01:01 AM
So why does this decision get made "public"? This just gives TT the opportunity to scout Stinnett and have their players ready for him. Heck, TT shouldn't find out who they are facing until 60 minutes til game time imo.

What is there to scout? How hard is it to watch 4 pitches and walk to first***

Todd4State
03-08-2022, 02:03 AM

Doesn't matter that much really. If we don't announce our starter it's not any different than when we bring in a relief pitcher.

Todd4State
03-08-2022, 02:04 AM
What is there to scout? How hard is it to watch 4 pitches and walk to first***

Scooting report- just stand there.

Bothrops
03-08-2022, 02:13 AM
The last time we played a baseball game in a semi-normal world, was this series two years ago at the same place.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-08-2022, 06:33 AM
The last time we played a baseball game in a semi-normal world, was this series two years ago at the same place.

Got to love the new normal....

Maroonthirteen
03-08-2022, 07:59 AM
Not making excuses but an observation from back in the day...... when pitchers are pitching on a poor hitting team (earlier this season) they tend to try to be to "fine" with their pitches, strike everyone out, etc etc. However, after putting up 19 runs this Friday, you would think that type pressure was gone.

As for Stinnett....I heard he really really wanted to be a starting P this year. Maybe they are giving him, his opportunity to see how he responds. Maybe he performs really well in bullpen sessions and scrimmages.

FISHDAWG
03-08-2022, 08:02 AM
He must be GREAT in practice

yeah ... kinda like our place kickers

Todd4State
03-08-2022, 08:04 AM
Not making excuses but an observation from back in the day...... when pitchers are pitching on a poor hitting team (earlier this season) they tend to try to be to "fine" with their pitches, strike everyone out, etc etc. However, after putting up 19 runs this Friday, you would think that type pressure was gone.

As for Stinnett....I heard he really really wanted to be a starting P this year. Maybe they are giving him, his opportunity to see how he responds. Maybe he performs really well in bullpen sessions and scrimmages.

The reality is we were going to have to throw him this series anyway. Might as well let him get shelled first get him out of the way and work from there.

I can say they looked at him as a starter in the scrimmages and he didn't exactly light it up there either.

TNDawg35
03-08-2022, 09:45 AM
So what are we all gonna do if Stinnett walks out there and shuts Tech down for 6 innings and the bullpen blows it anyway? My head hurts just thinking about it…

TStationDawg
03-08-2022, 09:57 AM
Talk about an enigma. His breaking ball is plus and he's got good velo but he just can't get it done. I'll take "Things State Fans Say Every Spring" for 1K Alex!!!!

TStationDawg
03-08-2022, 09:58 AM
So what are we all gonna do if Stinnett walks out there and shuts Tech down for 6 innings and the bullpen blows it anyway? My head hurts just thinking about it…

Wake up and go to work

StarkVegasSteve
03-08-2022, 10:21 AM

Ready for what?? It takes 5 seconds before the batter steps into the box to tell him not to swing until it is two strikes.

parabrave
03-08-2022, 11:31 AM
Got to love the new normal....

And we upset the then 4th ranked team/

parabrave
03-08-2022, 11:32 AM
yeah ... kinda like our place kickers

Or 3pt shooters.

Coach34
03-08-2022, 12:42 PM
So why does this decision get made "public"? .

So some of our fans can save money and gas

DownwardDawg
03-08-2022, 12:55 PM
So some of our fans can save money and gas

Haha! Best answer yet.

Todd4State
03-08-2022, 01:19 PM

I would be ecstatic that we found another starter that we could slide into the third spot.

Choctaw Dawg
03-08-2022, 02:24 PM
It's pretty confusing to me. Stinnett has had one good outing this year- against Grambling. He and Tullar have 9 combined appearances to Walling's 1. Stinnett will tie Auger for appearances tomorrow and he has more IP than anyone else. At some point the coaches have to understand that for whatever reason he can't perform in game.

Oh my gosh- pitchers that take forever to throw it are the WORST! Every great pitcher just commanded the tempo on the mound. And don't get me started on the guys that throw three pick off attempts when they're up by 10 and the other team's catcher is on first base. I saw Foxhall visit Tullar for doing that when we were up by like 17 the other night. LOL.

Pilkington was the worst with slowing a game down, Small would slow the game up too if someone was on base.

KOdawg1
03-08-2022, 02:41 PM
Pilkington was the worst with slowing a game down, Small would slow the game up too if someone was on base.

Pilk used to drive me insane. He worked so slow. And then he would nibble around the zone and of course, wouldn't get the call. Dude would be at 90 pitches in the 4th inning.

R2Dawg
03-08-2022, 04:08 PM

We can call it the 2022 Canadian bacon role.

tcdog70
03-08-2022, 10:24 PM
Dude might just not be a relief man. He must have some good stuff -or our Coaches wouldn’t keep running him out there. Good job tonight.

tcdog70
03-08-2022, 10:28 PM

I would like to point out -up,till tonight Parker has 12 so and 4 walks. Walks just came at a bad time..

Todd4State
03-08-2022, 11:47 PM
LOL. Good job Parker!

Commercecomet24
03-09-2022, 12:03 AM
I would like to point out -up,till tonight Parker has 12 so and 4 walks. Walks just came at a bad time..

It's not just the walks it's getting behinds in counts all the time and then getting hit. His best outing up until tonight was against grambling.

CaptainObvious
03-09-2022, 12:36 AM
It's not just the walks it's getting behinds in counts all the time and then getting hit. His best outing up until tonight was against grambling.

Well. Maybe he just pitches well on Tuesdays!😳😳

Cooterpoot
03-09-2022, 06:09 AM
Pitchers who get run support are more relaxed. Everything gets magnified when we can't score runs too. Good to see the bats coming around.