PDA

View Full Version : Bold prediction-This team won't make a tourney....

99jc
03-06-2022, 06:18 PM
that is all !

CadaverDawg
03-06-2022, 06:21 PM
Not so bold at the moment ha

msstate7
03-06-2022, 06:49 PM
Not so bold at the moment ha

Yeah, making the tourney is a more bold statement.

I'm calling my shot - 4-1 this week

basedog
03-06-2022, 07:00 PM
It’s still early although we have issues. I can’t see MSU baseball players laying down. Yesterday was way worse than today’s loss.
The returning starters have to step up, I’m very disappointed on how the season has started, let’s hope we get hot and play like we are capable.

BeardoMSU
03-06-2022, 07:07 PM
Yeah, making the tourney is a more bold statement.

I'm calling my shot - 4-1 this week

Thank you.

Commercecomet24
03-06-2022, 07:44 PM
It’s still early although we have issues. I can’t see MSU baseball players laying down. Yesterday was way worse than today’s loss.
The returning starters have to step up, I’m very disappointed on how the season has started, let’s hope we get hot and play like we are capable.

I agree completely, Base. We've showed that we can be good but it's been very inconsistent. You're right we've gotta have people step up and now. And I believe they will. Lot of season left but need a lot more urgency.

KOdawg1
03-06-2022, 07:44 PM
I think we probably still make the tournament as a 2 or 3 seed. The hitting will eventually come around. We're screwed on the mound though.

Cade Smith and Preston Johnson are about all we've got going for us. There was a rumor on 247 that Stone Simmons is hurt too, which would basically be a nail in our coffin.

The Federalist Engineer
03-06-2022, 09:03 PM
Being 6-6 at this point translates into 10 to 13 wins in the SEC.

Tulane is like losing a series to Missouri or Alabama

LBSU is like losing a series to Auburn at Home

But I expect the team to get better.

Quaoarsking
03-06-2022, 09:32 PM
What do 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021 have in common? (I'll give a pass on 2015 because they were right, and 2020 probably would have had some if it hadn't been canceled so early.)

Somebody on EliteDawgs or SixPackSpeak predicted we wouldn't make the tournament after some early losses.

Todd4State
03-07-2022, 01:06 AM
We should be 9-3 right now with better bullpen management. We're 6-6 with "trying to figure it out".

This team will turn it around once we stop trying to figure it out. My fear is they'll keep trotting out Stinnett and Tullar no matter what because they are seniors.

Todd4State
03-07-2022, 01:10 AM
I think we probably still make the tournament as a 2 or 3 seed. The hitting will eventually come around. We're screwed on the mound though.

Cade Smith and Preston Johnson are about all we've got going for us. There was a rumor on 247 that Stone Simmons is hurt too, which would basically be a nail in our coffin.

It would be odd for Lemonis to not mention that yesterday as it would have been a more logical explanation than "we sent Stinnett out there to figure it out and it was not the right move". Unless Simmons got pissed off at the staff for not letting him finish the game as he should have been and mouthed off to them. He certainly didn't appear hurt mowing down their hitters.

TNDawg35
03-07-2022, 03:58 AM
Nah we will make it. Then it all becomes luck of the draw. We have the pitching if they get their head out of their ass… Fristoe can be damn good and Walling could be a massive pick up if both would wake the hell up. Cade and Johnson are top of the SEC pitching. If something happens and Sims gets back by tournament time, look out..

Our bats proved they are there. With good bullpen management, we sweep the series. Well we Atleast win Sat, Sunday could have went either way if you wanted to trot Simmons back out there after he threw 2 innings Sat. But he used to be a starter at Fordham. He could have handled it. Instead, we ****ed that up cause we have to play Tech 2 games and had to hold somebody…

Bottom line is Cumbest has to lay off breaking balls low and outside and drill the hangers. Right now he is doing the exact opposite. Clark needs to continue to have better at bats. LT has to get healthy. Yeager has to either start hitting or we need to make a change. Alford needs some playing time. Downs and Hines need to stay in the line up period. And we need to find a lead off hitter BADLY…

Cooterpoot
03-07-2022, 04:50 AM
99 with his doom and gloom. What a 17ing surprise!

99jc
03-07-2022, 10:03 AM
99 with his doom and gloom. What a 17ing surprise!

its called reality i hate it we are gonna struggle but we have our savior in Leach 8-9 wins poot.

SilentSteel16
03-07-2022, 10:13 AM
Are you talking about basketball or baseball? If baseball what “tourney” are you talking about? SEC, Regional,CWS?? Or are you talking basketball with NCAA or NIT? Men or women??

Is it really a bold statement if no one has a clue what you are talking about?

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 10:22 AM
Are you talking about basketball or baseball? If baseball what “tourney” are you talking about? SEC, Regional,CWS?? Or are you talking basketball with NCAA or NIT? Men or women??

Is it really a bold statement if no one has a clue what you are talking about?

I wondered that myself.

99jc
03-07-2022, 11:18 AM
I wondered that myself.

baseball----i gave up on basketball weeks ago

Homedawg
03-07-2022, 11:28 AM
IF we had Sims, i'd disagree w the OP. But, we don't. So it's easy to see us not making the tourney. But, it's not like I've given up on the year completely. But the odds have gone way, way down.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-07-2022, 11:41 AM
We are 6-6. Let's assume we split with Texas Tech, sweep Princeton, then beat Binghamton. That would put us at 11-7. Then we go 6-2 on the remaining midweek games (includes Ole Miss, Memphis, JSU, Southern, UT Martin, North Alabama, UAB, Samford). That puts us at 17-9 without SEC play. If we go 15-15 in the league (we play everyone except South Carolina, Vandy, and Kentucky), we finish with a record of 32-24 in the regular season.

Captain Falcon
03-07-2022, 12:17 PM
We are 6-6. Let's assume we split with Texas Tech, sweep Princeton, then beat Binghamton. That would put us at 11-7. Then we go 6-2 on the remaining midweek games (includes Ole Miss, Memphis, JSU, Southern, UT Martin, North Alabama, UAB, Samford). That puts us at 17-9 without SEC play. If we go 15-15 in the league (we play everyone except South Carolina, Vandy, and Kentucky), we finish with a record of 32-24 in the regular season.

They are not leaving a 15 win SEC team out of the tournament. We?d be 50/50 at 13, 14 is almost a slam dunk. Also keep in mind that Hoover wins count the same as regular season wins in the eyes of the committee, so we could always go over there and add a win or two to our resume.

SilentSteel16
03-07-2022, 12:49 PM
Isn’t Hoover a tourney? The OP said no tourney… just saying if we are to be overly critical of a group of 18-22 year olds playing ball I think we should be just as critical of our posters who we all well know were or are SEC caliber athletes themselves,No?

This team even if mediocre will get into the NCAA championship tournament based on their schedule and win/lose record. Just relax, it will come together one way or the other. Lem will get us to a regional for sure. Now that may be a bold prediction.

R2Dawg
03-07-2022, 12:52 PM
Isn’t Hoover a tourney? The OP said no tourney… just saying if we are to be overly critical of a group of 18-22 year olds playing ball I think we should be just as critical of our posters who we all well know were or are SEC caliber athletes themselves,No?

This team even if mediocre will get into the NCAA championship tournament based on their schedule and win/lose record. Just relax, it will come together one way or the other. Lem will get us to a regional for sure. Now that may be a bold prediction.

OK so shut the board down, I didn't know this was the SEC former athletes board. That is an idiotic statement.

We are last in SEC right now with not the hardest schedule played, not unrealistic is drastic changes don't happen that we don't make post season. Still plenty of time to make it but a lot to do, oh and on top of still uncertainty of our only shut down pitcher.

You don't have to have played SEC ball to see what is in front of us.

SilentSteel16
03-07-2022, 01:16 PM
Sims is more than likely done for the year. If I were his family I would not risk it. I am as true maroon as they come but that is a business decision. And you are nuts if you think Lem is going to jeopardize his future. He is not Bianco.

Y’all need to cheer up and go back to thinking State is a blue blood in every sport. Like I said in a previous post, State is a baseball school and riding the coattails of the SEC in most other sports.

KOdawg1
03-07-2022, 01:19 PM

If you limit discussion on a message board to SEC athletes only, you wouldn't have a message board. Those 18-22 year olds know they play in the SEC for the most passionate fanbase in college baseball and every single one of them will tell you that dealing with criticism is just part of it. The first paragraph of your post is one of the dumbest message board notions out there. This is a message board. We're going to discuss things and yes, sometimes it's going to be negative. If you can't handle that, then maybe these things aren't for you.

SilentSteel16
03-07-2022, 01:44 PM
You are entitled to your opinion. So you say my statement is stupid, so be it.

I think many of you are delusional. Just my opinion.

Some of you are so blinded by your hate of someone whether that be a coach, player or administrator that you can’t see the forest for the trees.

Some of you are such fanboys of certain players that you can’t see the forest either.

BUT, when it comes down to personal attacks on kids and calling kids by nicknames that are attached to human genitalia then you are crossing a line. If you don’t think that is crossing a line, then maybe you should check yourself.

I know what cowardice goes along with a message board, it takes a real big person to type some of the stuff that you won’t even say in front of your own family about a kid in college.

I know where the term FAN comes from and what it means, but some of you need to step back and breathe.

If anything that I said offends you then maybe you were a part of the targeted audience.

The Federalist Engineer
03-07-2022, 02:44 PM
Sims is more than likely done for the year. If I were his family I would not risk it. I am as true maroon as they come but that is a business decision. And you are nuts if you think Lem is going to jeopardize his future. He is not Bianco.

Y’all need to cheer up and go back to thinking State is a blue blood in every sport. Like I said in a previous post, State is a baseball school and riding the coattails of the SEC in most other sports.

Sims resting and healing for the draft is just part of the sport. It's just terrible that MSU loses the best arm on the team in this occurrence. Getting Sims to the 1st round is big for the program, its a huge part of the program identify.

The biggest shock of this season is that we have no upside player outside of Cade Smith and potentially Cumbest. But we expected Cade to be good, so that was baked in. Someone is supposed to pull a Rooker, Renfroe, Lindgren, or Hudson and become an All American. At least not yet. Have not yet replaced Bednar, Allen, Rowdey, or Hooty.

R2Dawg
03-07-2022, 07:58 PM

Some of you are so blinded by your hate of someone whether that be a coach, player or administrator that you can’t see the forest for the trees.

Some of you are such fanboys of certain players that you can’t see the forest either.

BUT, when it comes down to personal attacks on kids and calling kids by nicknames that are attached to human genitalia then you are crossing a line. If you don’t think that is crossing a line, then maybe you should check yourself.

I know what cowardice goes along with a message board, it takes a real big person to type some of the stuff that you won’t even say in front of your own family about a kid in college.

I know where the term FAN comes from and what it means, but some of you need to step back and breathe.

If anything that I said offends you then maybe you were a part of the targeted audience.

I don't think most on here are OK with insulting any players, etc. We may critique play, decisions, etc. but we still pull for our Dawgs. I would not condone anyone attacking our players or family, but you didn't say that initially.

But shutting the board down because posters didn't play SEC ball is stupid - there would be no board.

I'd venture to say most or many on here have played at a high level and had much involvement in sports. I could have played college sports and I have officiated high school level before and also coached in some rec. leagues. Most are not ignorant of sports stuff.

R2Dawg
03-07-2022, 08:07 PM

They will not rush Sims back if he gets an all clear but if he does get an all clear, I don't think you should just do nothing for a year. Ease him back in if that is what it takes.

He will not get an MRI until late in week since they are still down South. Until that no one knows anything concrete.

Homedawg
03-07-2022, 08:11 PM
Sims resting and healing for the draft is just part of the sport. It's just terrible that MSU loses the best arm on the team in this occurrence. Getting Sims to the 1st round is big for the program, its a huge part of the program identify.

The biggest shock of this season is that we have no upside player outside of Cade Smith and potentially Cumbest. But we expected Cade to be good, so that was baked in. Someone is supposed to pull a Rooker, Renfroe, Lindgren, or Hudson and become an All American. At least not yet. Have not yet replaced Bednar, Allen, Rowdey, or Hooty.

At present lotan is having a big year. And Hines is off to a great start at a fr. Our problem is we've had 3 auto outs and I can't remember on clutch 2 out hit w runners in scoring position. The stats for the top 5 are actually pretty good. Kam James a tad low, but not brutal. Cumbest isn't going to continue his avg. though. Downs has been really good in limited action. Just need to piece something together. Pitching wise- get healthy on the mound (excluding sims) and challenge the zone. Walks are killing us.

EdwardDrayton
03-07-2022, 08:30 PM
Not at all ready to say we do not make a regional. Too much baseball left. But we have some very real issues that have to be resolved somehow.

CadaverDawg
03-07-2022, 09:33 PM

Hahaha settle down, Francis. Nobody condones making fun of players, but discussing them (Good AND BAD) is part of message boarding. And message boarding isn't done by only former players. Maybe message boards aren't your thing. I'd advise you to stay off Twitter too. It's tough on sensitives.

Todd4State
03-08-2022, 12:18 AM

Hoover? Are you kidding me?

SilentSteel16
03-08-2022, 09:25 AM
Hoover? Are you kidding me?

No not kidding. The original poster of this thread said NO TOURNEY. That implies that we come in last place in the west. Only 12 teams get invited to Hoover so the last place teams of each division don’t make the trip.

I said in this thread that I believe we will get a regional (maybe not hosting) but we will make a regional.

Pancho
03-08-2022, 05:18 PM
confidence from the silent 1