PDA

View Full Version : Art Briles

HaggardDawg
03-06-2022, 02:20 PM
After watching Art Brile?s 2 hour interview with Jason Whitlock, I?d hire him as our head football coach in a nanosecond and not apologize to one damn person about it.

BuckyIsAB****
03-06-2022, 02:31 PM
He can coach offense. Leach is fine, and even after the fact Keenum would never ever ever go for it. Neither would Mrs. Cohen

MaroonFlounder
03-06-2022, 02:36 PM
After watching Art Brile?s 2 hour interview with Jason Whitlock, I?d hire him as our head football coach in a nanosecond and not apologize to one damn person about it.

How did he explain blatant disregard for raped coeds by student-athletes and not giving a F...at a Baptist university?

msstate7
03-06-2022, 02:42 PM
How did he explain blatant disregard for raped coeds by student-athletes and not giving a F...at a Baptist university?

Bible says to forgive, so he forgave and forgot**

StarkVegasSteve
03-06-2022, 02:57 PM
He is a HELL of a football coach, unfortunately his decisions at Baylor will cost him the chance to ever coach at the college level again.

BeardoMSU
03-06-2022, 03:00 PM

No ****ing kidding.

HaggardDawg
03-06-2022, 03:05 PM
We?ll, seeing how the NCAA didn?t find he did anything wrong with regard to rape allegations and the University wrote him a letter exonerating him..I don?t think we?ve been told the whole story.

Hambone
03-06-2022, 03:55 PM
Joe Paterno was a good guy too……..

PGHBulldogBG
03-06-2022, 03:57 PM
I can?t believe he even got a high school coaching job. I would never let my kid play for him. I am all about giving people 2nd chances but not what he did and then having him around children is even worse

Really Clark?
03-06-2022, 04:30 PM
We?ll, seeing how the NCAA didn?t find he did anything wrong with regard to rape allegations and the University wrote him a letter exonerating him..I don?t think we?ve been told the whole story.

That's not true at all, in regards to the NCAA. First, what NCAA violations where there to find over a criminal matter that he had knowledge of and covered up? That's outside of the NCAA scope of violations. However, The NCAA actually was very scathing in their written report about how as a human, he absolutely failed in a basic human manner to report what happened and as a HC of the college football program with players being accused, he is held to an even higher standard than that of a basic human regards of others.

Commercecomet24
03-06-2022, 05:30 PM
That's not true at all, in regards to the NCAA. First, what NCAA violations where there to find over a criminal matter that he had knowledge of and covered up? That's outside of the NCAA scope of violations. However, The NCAA actually was very scathing in their written report about how as a human, he absolutely failed in a basic human manner to report what happened and as a HC of the college football program with players being accused, he is held to an even higher standard than that of a basic human regards of others.

This. And it's also the reason he's radioactive now because everyone knows he's scum and allowed some serious bad stuff to go on under his watch. It's not like he just made a mistake he looked the other way on some terrible terrible stuff, it's who he he is.

EdwardDrayton
03-06-2022, 05:43 PM
Bible says to forgive, so he forgave and forgot**

I mean if Liberty can do it ………… ****

OLJWales
03-06-2022, 08:05 PM
Weren't the accused starters or getting good playing time?

Really Clark?
03-06-2022, 08:45 PM
Weren't the accused starters or getting good playing time?

Criminally there was a high profile starter and 2 transfers that were in their sit out year, I believe that's correct. Civilly from the lawsuit against the university, it was alleged that from 2011-2014 there were 31 football players who committed 52 rapes.

Quaoarsking
03-06-2022, 09:37 PM
The fact that basically everyone can find a second chance somewhere if they're willing to go deeply unprestigious, but Briles and Briles alone can't even get a CFL or SWAC coordinator job should tell you that he went above and beyond where other scandals have gone.

Tater
03-06-2022, 09:41 PM
Garbage thread.

Watching an interview sways you? You probably would have let Ted Bundy put it in raw.

Pancho
03-07-2022, 07:19 AM
Tater

FISHDAWG
03-07-2022, 08:16 AM
I can?t believe he even got a high school coaching job. I would never let my kid play for him. I am all about giving people 2nd chances but not what he did and then having him around children is even worse

He was only going to make something like $62K at Grambling ... That's similar pay for an elementary school teacher. He accepted that position out of desperation imo

TrapGame
03-07-2022, 11:41 AM
Art Briles coaching career is over. Had this all been about paying some recruits he'd be coaching again. Hell, we'd probably have hired him over Leach.

OLJWales
03-07-2022, 11:42 AM
Criminally there was a high profile starter and 2 transfers that were in their sit out year, I believe that's correct. Civilly from the lawsuit against the university, it was alleged that from 2011-2014 there were 31 football players who committed 52 rapes.

Son.of.a. Bitch. Damn.

Lord McBuckethead
03-07-2022, 03:05 PM
Joe Paterno was a good guy too……..

Old Joe Pa basically held down little boys and lubed up dudes junk for him. Knowing it was going to happen, knowing it did happen, and knowing you were not going to do a single thing to even slow it down, come on Joe.

State82
03-07-2022, 04:36 PM
Civilly from the lawsuit against the university, it was alleged that from 2011-2014 there were 31 football players who committed 52 rapes.

Dayuumm! That is deplorable.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 04:42 PM
Dayuumm! That is deplorable.

Yeah there's a reason he can't even keep the job at Grambling. Bad, bad stuff.

Hambone
03-07-2022, 05:11 PM
Old Joe Pa basically held down little boys and lubed up dudes junk for him. Knowing it was going to happen, knowing it did happen, and knowing you were not going to do a single thing to even slow it down, come on Joe.

I was being sarcastic.

OLJWales
03-07-2022, 05:15 PM

I can't believe I'm getting 'Updates" on something I should have followed closer when it was unfolding. Or Maybe I forgot being fiddy nine now. We all know women can lie and exaggerate but forcible rape is as Close to Murder as you can get. It's an emotional issue that goes toxic quite often on both sides of individual cases regarding guilt or innocence.

Eric Nies Grind Time
03-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Winning at sports is not important enough to hire Art Briles.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 05:52 PM
I can't believe I'm getting 'Updates" on something I should have followed closer when it was unfolding. Or Maybe I forgot being fiddy nine now. We all know women can lie and exaggerate but forcible rape is as Close to Murder as you can get. It's an emotional issue that goes toxic quite often on both sides of individual cases regarding guilt or innocence.

If you're like me you've probably got to much stuff going on to remember everything that happens like this. That plus my memory ain't what it used to be lol.

HaggardDawg
03-07-2022, 07:44 PM

He wasn?t fired. He resigned because their most famous player in program history had a problem with it. Hue Jackson obviously didn?t have a problem with him.

Commercecomet24
03-07-2022, 07:54 PM
He wasn?t fired. He resigned because their most famous player in program history had a problem with it. Hue Jackson obviously didn?t have a problem with him.

Doesn't matter he's radioactive for a
reason. The point being he can't even get or keep a low level job in cfb and for good reason.

And regarding Hue, Joe Paterno didn't have a problem with Sandusky either apparently. They just want to win above anything else.

BeardoMSU
03-07-2022, 08:01 PM

You really want to die on this hill?

HaggardDawg
03-07-2022, 09:44 PM
You really want to die on this hill?

No, and I admit I only know what the media has said in this case which, right or wrong, gives me pause. I think Whitlock is a highly intelligent free thinker and his conversation with Briles convinced me there was more to the story.

Tater
03-07-2022, 10:51 PM
No, and I admit I only know what the media has said in this case which, right or wrong, gives me pause. I think Whitlock is a highly intelligent free thinker and his conversation with Briles convinced me there was more to the story.

Yea if you think Whitlock or anyone on TV paid to spit takes is a "free thinker" then you're incredibly naive.