PDA

View Full Version : Let?s talk Pitching

TNDawg35
03-06-2022, 04:19 AM
So let?s discuss pitching for a minute. Let?s go ahead and say worst case is Sims is done for the year. That?s worse case, and prolly true even if is something minor, Lemonis isn?t gonna push him. We saw that last year. So what does the rotation look like now?

Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-

Do we leave Cade Smith on Sundays? He would outmatch just about everyone on Sunday. Or do we move him to Friday and take our chances with Fristoe or someone on Sunday and just hope we can out score them? I have a feeling Brandon Smith is fixing to move into the last starter role and that?s gonna leave our pen awful thin. I wish the freshman Brandon Smith who shoved into LSU in the tournament would come back.

This is where Walling could be huge if he would get his shit together. I mean HUGE? Do we throw Pico out there and let him get his feet wet on Sundays?

I think it?s safe to say Simmons should be our closer and could be good. It?s just getting there and when we?re there, leaving him?

House33
03-06-2022, 07:01 AM
I don’t think that decision will come until after the Princeton series with us playing 2 midweek games this week against Texas Tech. We should…. and I say should be able to handle Princeton with bullpen type games lining up the rotation for the rest of the year.

basedog
03-06-2022, 08:58 AM
I would move Preston to Friday and Cade to Saturday, then Sunday it's anyone's guess, I don't think it matters who starts Friday or Saturday although.....

MetEdDawg
03-06-2022, 09:03 AM
I would put Cade Smith on Friday, keep Preston Saturday, and try Walling on Sunday and see what he's got. Cade Smith I think has the consistently best stuff and he needs to be the Friday guy of Sims is out for an extended period of time.

If walling can't do it, I think you try Kohn or Fristoe.

I would also take a hard look at Stone Simmons. I know he's throwing his way into the closer role, but he won't be able to close games if our starting pitcher can't keep it close. Simmons has really good stuff. I would like to see if Kohn/Walling/Fristoe could handle it first and it none of them can take the reigns go with Stone.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-06-2022, 09:13 AM
I think everyone was high on our pitching due to how it looked against our hitters.

Todd4State
03-06-2022, 10:26 AM
I think everyone was high on our pitching due to how it looked against our hitters.
Preston and Cade have looked good so far.

Todd4State
03-06-2022, 10:28 AM
Friday- Cade
Saturday- Preston
Sunday- Kohn or Fristoe

MaroonFlounder
03-06-2022, 12:39 PM
Lem and Fox are trying different arms in different situations....things they will only do here in the early games of the season...at the expense of the win-loss record. It may prevent us from hosting. Stone or Brooks Auger should have been given a chance to continue to the next inning...with a short leash if they got into trouble. And the FR walker is not ready.

Santiago
03-06-2022, 01:59 PM
Lem and Fox are trying different arms in different situations....things they will only do here in the early games of the season...at the expense of the win-loss record. It may prevent us from hosting. Stone or Brooks Auger should have been given a chance to continue to the next inning...with a short leash if they got into trouble. And the FR walker is not ready.

True about Walker, but man our defense did not help the guy either. Walker did not help himself walking guys either, but we had 2 infield outs that we missed. Bobble on first, and the James was caught sleeping at third.

MaroonFlounder
03-06-2022, 02:08 PM
Friday- Cade
Saturday- Preston
Sunday- Kohn or Fristoe

I'm thinking it's a no on Fristoe. Something is off with him.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-06-2022, 02:16 PM
Preston and Cade have looked good so far.
Cade throwing BP to Tulane so far.

Skydawg1
03-06-2022, 02:30 PM
leadoff double for the wave, runner moved to 3rd with 1 out. cmon cade.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-06-2022, 06:12 PM
Maybe in the off-season we can find a pitcher that throws an 87 MPH fastball with downward action and a change up that combo seems to work against us.