PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love Lemon

Coach34
03-05-2022, 10:20 AM
Offense struggling mightily. World Series hangover. He?s mad. Players mad. Fans mad. Opposing fans pissing themselves with glee. So what does he do?

Throws a damn softball line up out there. The hell with defense. We gonna swing the sticks tonight and see what happens. And it pays off in spades. Roll with Lemon. Deal with the defensive problems later. Hell- move Yeager to SS and let Alford play 2nd. Straight softball team. Sub late for Defense.

Hail Damn State

cheewgumm
03-05-2022, 10:26 AM
Who hits better Downs or Alford?

Put that person at 2nd and Yeager to Ss.

Brilliant

msstate7
03-05-2022, 10:27 AM
I really liked him turning Clark loose on a 3-0 count early in the game. Clark was hitless on the season until that point.

Coach34
03-05-2022, 10:32 AM
I really liked him turning Clark loose on a 3-0 count early in the game. Clark was hitless on the season until that point.

Yep and that’s the approach part I’ve been talking about. Normally there’s no way you let a guy that’s struggling swing 3-0. Change the approach- go against the grain. Let him have a shot. Paid off

Leroy Jenkins
03-05-2022, 10:39 AM
Yep and that’s the approach part I’ve been talking about. Normally there’s no way you let "a guy that’s struggling" swing 3-0. Change the approach- go against the grain. Let him have a shot. Paid off

That's one way to put it.*

AlSwearengen
03-05-2022, 11:11 AM
Softball lineup is a perfect description. I came in during the 3rd inning and saw Clark, Siebert, and then Cumbest come to the plate. Scrambled to find the lineup and never expected to find Siebert in LF.

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 11:12 AM
Lemonis is elite. He's not done winning championships here. Guy knows what he's doing and he'll always figure out a way to make it work.

Todd4State
03-05-2022, 11:26 AM
Our defense isn't bad even with that "softball lineup." Sure it's not our best defensive lineup but they make routine plays.

The real key was moving Hancock to lead off. That set the tone. He has a good at bat and lined the ball off of the pitcher. The other lead off guys would have swung at three pitches or hit a weak ground ball after like two pitches that wee out of the zone.

Todd4State
03-05-2022, 11:27 AM
Who hits better Downs or Alford?

Put that person at 2nd and Yeager to Ss.

Brilliant
I'm not sure that either one is significantly better than Leggett at this point to be honest with you. And I'm talking about hitting.

Homedawg
03-05-2022, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure that either one is significantly better than Leggett at this point to be honest with you. And I'm talking about hitting.

Well we know leggett can't hit.

R2Dawg
03-05-2022, 11:42 AM
Yep and that’s the approach part I’ve been talking about. Normally there’s no way you let a guy that’s struggling swing 3-0. Change the approach- go against the grain. Let him have a shot. Paid off

If you ask me that is the best way to play that. A guy don't get out of a hitting slump by walking. He needs to hit the ball. What better than turnem loose at 3-0. If he misses then play it safe - walk. 3-0 is a gift for a struggling hitter or a hot hitter.

662dawg
03-05-2022, 11:51 AM
Well we know leggett can't hit.

Exactly. So let the young guys get the experience.

Coach34
03-05-2022, 11:52 AM
If you ask me that is the best way to play that. A guy don't get out of a hitting slump by walking. He needs to hit the ball. What better than turnem loose at 3-0. If he misses then play it safe - walk. 3-0 is a gift for a struggling hitter or a hot hitter.

Yeah but if he swings 3-0 at a bad pitch and misses of pops up weakly- it even more depressing. Walking helps you see more pitches- it’s a positive outcome as opposed to another dead AB. It worked out and helped Clark’s mindset tremendously. Good for him and us

Homedawg
03-05-2022, 11:58 AM
Exactly. So let the young guys get the experience.

You can't completely concede defense. The team we put on the field last night is weak in the outfield. I understand you have to score. But Alford isn't a second baseman. I'm not gonna throw a fit if they put him there. But I just don't think it's the long term solution. I'd start Forsythe and roll w it. Others are just going to have to hit. Just one man's opinion

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 12:08 PM
You can't completely concede defense. The team we put on the field last night is weak in the outfield. I understand you have to score. But Alford isn't a second baseman. I'm not gonna throw a fit if they put him there. But I just don't think it's the long term solution. I'd start Forsythe and roll w it. Others are just going to have to hit. Just one man's opinion

Agree on this.

BuckyIsAB****
03-05-2022, 12:12 PM
Let Forsythe go just like we did last year. Maybe he gets hot at the right time

Coach34
03-05-2022, 12:13 PM
You can't completely concede defense. The team we put on the field last night is weak in the outfield. I understand you have to score. But Alford isn't a second baseman. I'm not gonna throw a fit if they put him there.

You know me- I was kinda kidding about Alford. Got to be good in the middle. But I'm good with taking our chances in the OF for now.

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 12:20 PM
You know me- I was kinda kidding about Alford. Got to be good in the middle. But I'm good with taking our chances in the OF for now.

Yeah I say roll with the hitters in the OF for now and see how it goes. Leave Yeager at 2B because he's gonna hit and he's a plus defender and put ol Lane at SS and roll with it.

Homedawg
03-05-2022, 12:22 PM

I agree on the of. Seibert has looked confident at the plate. Roll with it.

Santiago
03-05-2022, 12:31 PM
Love this lineup. When I saw it yesterday, I thought it is a Dudley softball sponsored lineup.
We can play a heck of a weekend round robin with this lineup.

Forsythe - man he is actually fun to watch in the field. Really something to appreciate with his fielding.

Coach34
03-05-2022, 12:34 PM
Yeah I say roll with the hitters in the OF for now and see how it goes. Leave Yeager at 2B because he's gonna hit and he's a plus defender and put ol Lane at SS and roll with it.

Got to keep Yeager in. He’s proven. At SS- I say play both until someone wins the job. Foreskin is a tad better with the glove but Leggs may hit 40 points higher. Who knows. I say let them compete the next 10-15 games until one of them maybe separates.

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 12:41 PM
Got to keep Yeager in. He?s proven. At SS- I say play both until someone wins the job. Foreskin is a tad better with the glove but Leggs may hit 40 points higher. Who knows. I say let me compete the next 10-15 games until one of them maybe separates.

Yeah I got no problem with that. Let them fight it out til conference play and may the best man win. I sure do like watching Lane play defense though lol. Smooth

KOdawg1
03-05-2022, 12:48 PM
Forsythe is slightly better with the glove but Leggett at least has competitive ABs. Lane did have a hit last but he's better off taking his glove to the plate most ABs.

I'd keep rolling with Tanner unless he consistently hits in the low .200s, at which point, just play Lane bc he'll hit around the same with a slightly better glove.

Tater
03-05-2022, 12:54 PM
Softball lineup was the right move with Landon. You can get away with that lineup with a heavy strikeout pitcher. Projecting forward I don't like it completely long term. We'd need someone to come on with strike out capability and Landon to come back. Otherwise you gotta go at least MI defense to start.

basedog
03-05-2022, 01:04 PM
Everyone talking about our hits and scoring last night which is or was highlight. But the pitching was outstanding. Hope our bats stay alive, I like our starting pitcher today.

Homedawg
03-05-2022, 01:07 PM
Forsythe is slightly better with the glove but Leggett at least has competitive ABs. Lane did have a hit last but he's better off taking his glove to the plate most ABs.

I'd keep rolling with Tanner unless he consistently hits in the low .200s, at which point, just play Lane bc he'll hit around the same with a slightly better glove.

Leggett is 4-21. Forsythe is 3-18 and got a bad ruling by scorer last night or would be hitting higher than leggett. Fact is they are both below 200. I'm not saying Forsythe is a better hitter. Just that there isn't a lot of difference.

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 01:12 PM
Leggett is 4-21. Forsythe is 3-18 and got a bad ruling by scorer last night or would be hitting higher than leggett. Fact is they are both below 200. I'm not saying Forsythe is a better hitter. Just that there isn't a lot of difference.

Yeah and while Leggett is good defensively, Forsythe is elite.

KOdawg1
03-05-2022, 01:17 PM
But back to what I said, Leggett competes. 4 Ks for Leggett compared to 7 Ks for Forsythe. Still a very small sample size on both, but I'm cool with giving the guy that puts the ball in play and has shown some power more ABs right now. Now, if we get a few weeks down the road, and he's still hitting at about the same clip Forsythe would, play Forsythe bc he's got the better glove by a slim margin.

The truth is, they're both bad at the plate, but it's about finding what gives you the better chance to win. I don't have a problem with either.

Cowbell
03-05-2022, 01:26 PM
Everyone talking about our hits and scoring last night which is or was highlight. But the pitching was outstanding. Hope our bats stay alive, I like our starting pitcher today.

Same as last week or Cade move up a day?

AlSwearengen
03-05-2022, 01:26 PM
Leggett is the type of SS that makes routine plays. Forsythe can change the game to a certain extent with his defense. No comparison defensively.

Has anyone noticed Yeager’s range at 2B? Because of his SS type arm, he makes plays behind 2B that a lot of players couldn’t make. Same goes for Forsythe, big arm means more range. Those two up the middle shut down a huge percentage of the field.

KOdawg1
03-05-2022, 01:36 PM
Looks like it's going to be the same lineup as yesterday except swap Leggett out for Forsythe.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-05-2022, 01:41 PM
Same as last week or Cade move up a day?

Preston Johnson today.

Homedawg
03-05-2022, 02:14 PM
But back to what I said, Leggett competes. 4 Ks for Leggett compared to 7 Ks for Forsythe. Still a very small sample size on both, but I'm cool with giving the guy that puts the ball in play and has shown some power more ABs right now. Now, if we get a few weeks down the road, and he's still hitting at about the same clip Forsythe would, play Forsythe bc he's got the better glove by a slim margin.

The truth is, they're both bad at the plate, but it's about finding what gives you the better chance to win. I don't have a problem with either.

I'll give you leggett has better ab's but
Forsythe'sglove is better but more than a slight margin. He's close to elite if not defensively. Leggett is solid. But there's a way bigger gap than you are seeing or giving credit for

KOdawg1
03-05-2022, 02:29 PM
I'll give you leggett has better ab's but
Forsythe'sglove is better but more than a slight margin. He's close to elite if not defensively. Leggett is solid. But there's a way bigger gap than you are seeing or giving credit for
We'll just agree to disagree. Forsythe is better with the glove. I just don't see the huge drop off.

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 02:39 PM
Leggett is the type of SS that makes routine plays. Forsythe can change the game to a certain extent with his defense. No comparison defensively.

Has anyone noticed Yeager’s range at 2B? Because of his SS type arm, he makes plays behind 2B that a lot of players couldn’t make. Same goes for Forsythe, big arm means more range. Those two up the middle shut down a huge percentage of the field.

Great post and you nailed it!

msstate7
03-05-2022, 04:01 PM
Delete

Percho
03-05-2022, 04:49 PM
I believe Forsythe could hit if he would not try to pull everything.

Skydawg1
03-05-2022, 07:33 PM
Love that Lemonis.

klong-dog
03-06-2022, 07:13 AM
Well that didn't take long. ��