PDA

View Full Version : Injury

FriarsPoint
03-04-2022, 10:42 PM
Is there anything beyond speculation on Sims? injury?

Duckdog
03-04-2022, 11:17 PM
Everyone is saying ucl let's hope not

EdwardDrayton
03-04-2022, 11:48 PM
No. Only speculation.

Coach34
03-05-2022, 12:28 AM
It’s more than likely not good. He knew immediately.

Todd4State
03-05-2022, 01:36 AM
At the game the rumor was a blister on his finger opened up.

Kingbarkus
03-05-2022, 03:48 AM
I knew it was serious when the entire infield hustled to the mound before the trainer arrived. Man, this is sickening. Dude was mowing good hitters down like they were children.

AlSwearengen
03-05-2022, 07:44 AM

Sure hope that is it but watching on tv, I never saw him or anyone else looking at his hand like it was a blister.

R2Dawg
03-05-2022, 08:50 AM
We really don't know what happened yet.

His reaction could be explained in several ways
He had an minor injury and he was frustrated because he knew he had a special game going and may do something that had never been done.
He had a serious injury
It scared him that he had a serious injury - not just this year on line but his future.

The reaction by the dugout would be because it is Landon Sims.

Big reason why I think it could be serious is if it was a blister you would think it would have leaked out by now.

KOdawg1
03-05-2022, 09:01 AM
If it were a blister, Lemonis would've said "it's just a blister" instead of "I don't know."

The fact he shook his hand immediately tells me he was feeling numbness, and numbness usually means your elbow. Looks like textbook UCL.

Homedawg
03-05-2022, 09:44 AM

I don't know where that came from. A blister wouldnt just pop up on one pitch and cause you to shake his hand/arm like he did. And you don't go bury your head in your shirt over a blister. That's some wishful thinking for sure.

msstate7
03-05-2022, 09:47 AM
Do all UCL injuries require season ending surgery or are there degrees of the injury?

HoopsDawg
03-05-2022, 09:51 AM
I don't know where that came from. A blister wouldnt just pop up on one pitch and cause you to shake his hand/arm like he did. And you don't go bury your head in your shirt over a blister. That's some wishful thinking for sure.

You also don't get an MRI for a blister.

Saltydog
03-05-2022, 09:58 AM
Do all UCL injuries require season ending surgery or are there degrees of the injury?

There are conservative options for partial tears but I'm not sure how viable that is for a pitcher.

R2Dawg
03-05-2022, 11:05 AM
OK Sims is fine. He just had a cramp. He got scared as did everyone else and understandable.

I can't give away my source. Good friends with someone in dugout that got a ring last year is all I'll say.

Todd4State
03-05-2022, 11:07 AM

Yeah. It was people sitting around me at the game. So not exactly super reliable sources.

TheLostDawg
03-05-2022, 11:13 AM
OK Sims is fine. He just had a cramp. He got scared as did everyone else and understandable.

I can't give away my source. Good friends with someone in dugout that got a ring last year is all I'll say.

So he's coming out the pen tonight***

BeardoMSU
03-05-2022, 11:15 AM

I'll French kiss you if this is true.***

msstate7
03-05-2022, 11:19 AM

Why an MRI then?

OLJWales
03-05-2022, 11:24 AM
Totally defuses the victory we so desperately needed. I just knew he was gonna break Bednar's record. Such an enthusiastic Bulldog. Not sure I've ever taken an injury this personal. Damn I hurt for this dude and don't even know him.

OLJWales
03-05-2022, 11:32 AM
Totally defuses the victory we so desperately needed. I just knew he was gonna break Bednar's record. Such an enthusiastic Bulldog. Not sure I've ever taken an injury this personal. Damn I hurt for this dude and don't even know him. I guess this one's right there with the OM hit job on our QB.

R2Dawg
03-05-2022, 11:36 AM
Why an MRI then?

Obvious, just to make sure for one.

Also, you gotta give Sims his confidence that nothing is seriously wrong before he takes the mound again. Sims would not be Sims if he was thinking in the back of his mind something may be wrong.

SaintDawg
03-05-2022, 11:48 AM
That was like seeing Fitz get his ankle broken. I was on the verge of tears for the guy. God bless him.

KOdawg1
03-05-2022, 11:59 AM
Some of y'all are setting yourselves up for major disappointment.

Santiago
03-05-2022, 12:04 PM

I saw him in the first inning bite on his finger or something on his hand and wondered if his hand was bothering him then

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 12:12 PM
That was like seeing Fitz get his ankle broken. I was on the verge of tears for the guy. God bless him.

I agree completely. I'm more concerned for Sims than us. We'll be ok in the long run, but this is the young mans future. I hope like heck for him and us it's minor but the way he reacted and shaking his hand and arm like he did is a bad sign.

msstate7
03-05-2022, 12:16 PM
I agree completely. I'm more concerned for Sims than us. We'll be ok in the long run, but this is the young mans future. I hope like heck for him and us it's minor but the way he reacted and shaking his hand and arm like he did is a bad sign.

He'll be fine. May drop some in the draft, but he'll still be picked pretty high

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 12:22 PM
He'll be fine. May drop some in the draft, but he'll still be picked pretty high

I agree but anytime you're dealing with a major injury and surgery(if that's what it is) you never know if you'll be the same. And I also understand that pitchers go through this everyday and are fine with surgical techniques and rehab available today, but then there's small percentage that are never the same. My sons dealing with an arm injury right now and it's not good so I guess I'm a little sensitive about arm problems this right now lol.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-05-2022, 12:24 PM
I saw him in the first inning bite on his finger or something on his hand and wondered if his hand was bothering him then
I noticed this too and told my wife he must be getting a blister, but when everyone and the trainer came out to the mound you would think if it was a blister he would have shown his finger to someone.

msstate7
03-05-2022, 12:28 PM
I agree but anytime you're dealing with a major injury and surgery(if that's what it is) you never know if you'll be the same. And I also understand that pitchers go through this everyday and are fine with surgical techniques and rehab available today, but then there's small percentage that are never the same. My sons dealing with an arm injury right now and it's not good so I guess I'm a little sensitive about arm problems this right now lol.

Hopefully your son is well soon

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 12:29 PM
Hopefully your son is well soon

Thanks man, I appreciate that.

BuckyIsAB****
03-05-2022, 12:52 PM
So I guess nobody knows

Cowbell
03-05-2022, 12:53 PM
Thanks man, I appreciate that.

Is he getting any playing time right now cc?

somebodyshotmypaw
03-05-2022, 12:57 PM
So I guess nobody knows

Until the MRI is complete it is all speculation.

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 01:16 PM
Is he getting any playing time right now cc?

Yes he was, but caught a game and half Wednesday and it's hurting again. He's tried to play through it but not getting better. Got an injection before the season and helped for awhile. He's frustrated. And my apologies didn't mean to hijack this thread, but knowing what we've been going through and then seeing that happen to sims last night was rough.

basedog
03-05-2022, 01:19 PM
Yes he was, but caught a game and half Wednesday and it's hurting again. He's tried to play through it but not getting better. Got an injection before the season and helped for awhile. He's frustrated. And my apologies didn't mean to hijack this thread, but knowing what we've been going through and then seeing that happen to sims last night was rough.

Best of luck to your son. I'm no doctor but it sounds like he needs rest for a while.

OLJWales
03-05-2022, 01:21 PM

Is this your son who plays catcher at a JC Commerce? The one who was considering Stanford? Hope he gets better and thanks for sharing man.

Cowbell
03-05-2022, 01:23 PM

No you're not hijacking man I've been meaning to ask. Been curious how he's doing

parabrave
03-05-2022, 02:03 PM
Is this your son who plays catcher at a JC Commerce? The one who was considering Stanford? Hope he gets better and thanks for sharing man.

Hey CC son planning on going to Stanford? Hell with that degree he won't need BB.

OLJWales
03-05-2022, 02:18 PM
Hey CC son planning on going to Stanford? Hell with that degree he won't need BB.

Pretty sure CC & Son decided against Stanford unless I'm mistaken.

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 02:31 PM

Appreciate that. He transferred to MGCCC this year. They fired the coaching staff at JC after last year and his hitting coach went to Gulf Coast and took him with him. Lol Stanford sent letters and emails for several years until they got his ACT scores lol. He's baseball player not a scholar unfortunately. He makes ok grades but not the grades that get you into Stanford lol. He's going into coaching. Our boy Riley Self is the pitching coach at Gulf Coast and they've become good friends. Riley's a good dude. Thank y'all for asking about him.

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 02:34 PM
No you're not hijacking man I've been meaning to ask. Been curious how he's doing

Thanks man. I appreciate that. He had a great fall hit over 400 and started spring season well. He's frustrated as heck right now. Appreciate y'all for asking.

Commercecomet24
03-05-2022, 02:37 PM
Best of luck to your son. I'm no doctor but it sounds like he needs rest for a while.

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

BuckyIsAB****
03-05-2022, 03:17 PM
I think he is ok. Be out a while but not done

maroonmania
03-05-2022, 04:07 PM

You have a source telling you this?

OLJWales
03-05-2022, 04:08 PM
Appreciate that. He transferred to MGCCC this year. They fired the coaching staff at JC after last year and his hitting coach went to Gulf Coast and took him with him. Lol Stanford sent letters and emails for several years until they got his ACT scores lol. He's baseball player not a scholar unfortunately. He makes ok grades but not the grades that get you into Stanford lol. He's going into coaching. Our boy Riley Self is the pitching coach at Gulf Coast and they've become good friends. Riley's a good dude. Thank y'all for asking about him.

Awesome CC. Please keep us updated on him. Did he hurt his arm throwing out a runner who had larceny on his mind?

StarkVegasSteve
03-05-2022, 04:15 PM

Will just said on the radio that Landon felt a pop in his elbow on that pitch. Going out on a limb, but I don?t think he is ok.

BuckyIsAB****
03-05-2022, 04:41 PM
I dont have a source for the record

OLJWales
03-05-2022, 04:48 PM
Thanks man. I appreciate that. He had a great fall hit over 400 and started spring season well. He's frustrated as heck right now. Appreciate y'all for asking.

Over .400? Get dat boy healed and to Vegas!!! Seriously though, sounds like he'll get drafted but he's more interested in coaching?

StarkVegasSteve
03-05-2022, 05:11 PM
I dont have a source for the record

And again I have no clue how Clark would have known that. I doubt Lemonis or anyone was just telling people openly that type of info but he sounded confident in it.

Saltydog
03-05-2022, 05:40 PM
And again I have no clue how Clark would have known that. I doubt Lemonis or anyone was just telling people openly that type of info but he sounded confident in it.

You really don't think Clark would know? If he wanted to know, he could find out easily.

Todd4State
03-06-2022, 01:29 AM
Will just said on the radio that Landon felt a pop in his elbow on that pitch. Going out on a limb, but I don?t think he is ok.

Apprently Will said you don't want your pitcher to say that they felt a pop in his elbow or something like that.